Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Share

    Siempre_Leal
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:11 am

    Pro-Syrian Gov Druze fighters fighting Jihadist near Hadar, Quneitra






    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:14 am

    R-330P 'Pyramid' - Jammer in Syria....apparently a recent arrival in Syria



    What it looks like with antenas deployed


    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:58 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:R-330P 'Pyramid' - Jammer in Syria....apparently a recent arrival in Syria



    What it looks like with antenas deployed


    ...A response to Israeli airstrikes?

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:52 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:...A response to Israeli airstrikes?

    I don't think so....it's main role is to jam enemy comminunications

    Siempre_Leal
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:38 am

    same pic as above but this one has a second image another MT-LBu variant which is believed to be a 1V14


    SAA launching Fateh-110, Designated by SAA as M-600 "Tishreen" SSM




    Soqour al-Sahara "Desert Hawks" member in a armed ATV (Anybody know what type of ATV this is?)


    SAA "Jousting" T-72


    Volunteers unloading meals for Soldiers in Damascus area, you can see locally armored T-72s and one Shilka in the background


    mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 923
    Points : 983
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  mack8 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:09 am

    Wow, look at this, among other things pictures of the mighty syrian export MiG-25PD! They are apparently not operational anymore, and sadly they haven't been replaced by MiG-31 as planned...
    http://spioenkop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/fortress-t4-airbase-at-war.html






    Arctic_Fox
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 109
    Points : 116
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:05 pm

    BTR 82 in action:

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5629
    Points : 6282
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Viktor on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:30 pm

    BTR-82A in the Syrian army thumbsup

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK0m9a6JJ80

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    syrian temp thread

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:31 pm

    Viktor wrote:BTR-82A in the Syrian army  thumbsup

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK0m9a6JJ80

    Did you mean to post this in the multimedia forum?

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Cyberspec on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:42 am

    Syrian Pantsir....they're usually pretty camera shy



    http://s3.uploads.ru/qvidh.png

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:11 pm



    Abit of bright side view... Syrian soldier got married in...field conditions Smile

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:14 pm



    SAA column pic taken via BMP lense near Palmyra.

    NationalRus
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 637
    Points : 650
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  NationalRus on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:54 pm

    SOME GREAT footage from russian TV with syrian special forces in battle in damascus in harasta thats directly on the M5 highway leading from damascus to homs, latakaia etc., looks like the guys got some serious gear


    i still have serious truoble identefing the sniper rifle, notmodels from accuracy international or stayer männlich that i looked up add up to it i even tought it might be a ORSIS but no model adds up also, so help me find the sniper rifle




    better view of the rifle:




    our russian PKP




    working with a AGS

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:39 am

    NationalRus wrote:SOME GREAT footage from russian TV with syrian special forces in battle in damascus in harasta thats directly on the M5 highway leading from damascus to homs, latakaia etc., looks like the guys got some serious gear


    i still have serious truoble identefing the sniper rifle, notmodels from accuracy international or stayer männlich that i looked up add up to it i even tought it might be a ORSIS but no model adds up also, so help me find the sniper rifle




    better view of the rifle:




    our russian PKP




    working with a AGS

    Ha, i knew there will be alot of arguing about the rifle when i saw the video first time, i just did Very Happy Coz its unusal and unexpecting thing to see there.

    It IS actually Accuracy International, just 2012. model which got new "Furniture". Arctic Warfare Magnum model to be precise in this video, .308 Magnum i assume its less likely to be .300 Magnum.

    Here you can see the "furniture" without being applied on the gun:



    Or video if you prefer:


    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1540
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Zivo on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:59 am



    AI AWM.

    So were did it come from? Dead rebel? Black market?

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:15 am

    Zivo wrote:

    AI AWM.

    So were did it come from? Dead rebel? Black market?

    Well my guess would be Russia. They actually post 2008. obtained certain amount of these guns for MVD and some Specnaz units, i assume some batch was during or after 2012. since they as of 2014. discontinued additional orders. And taking in count they are replacing them with own models i guess they became surplus.

    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1540
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Zivo on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:30 am

    Militarov wrote:
    Zivo wrote:

    AI AWM.

    So were did it come from? Dead rebel? Black market?

    Well my guess would be Russia. They actually post 2008. obtained certain amount of these guns for MVD and some Specnaz units, i assume some batch was during or after 2012. since they as of 2014. discontinued additional orders. And taking in count they are replacing them with own models i guess they became surplus.

    Just did a quick search to find some Russian variants and came across this FSB modification... damn good guess you made.



    It's not a dead ringer, but it's not hard to imagine they might have been customized in the same armory.


    Last edited by Zivo on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total

    Siempre_Leal
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:32 am

    Good find gents, here's a little extra from the front.

    ZU-23-2 light armored technical


    mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 923
    Points : 983
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  mack8 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:32 am

    SyAAF Su-22M-4:


    Su-24MK2:


    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:39 am

    Zivo wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Zivo wrote:

    AI AWM.

    So were did it come from? Dead rebel? Black market?

    Well my guess would be Russia. They actually post 2008. obtained certain amount of these guns for MVD and some Specnaz units, i assume some batch was during or after 2012. since they as of 2014. discontinued additional orders. And taking in count they are replacing them with own models i guess they became surplus.

    Just did a quick search to find some Russian variants and came across this FSB modification...



    It's not a dead ringer, but it's not hard to imagine they might have been customized in the same armory.

    Yeah thats from that youtube video in Dagestan.


    Thats one of the most famous sightings of AWM in Russia, there is another one in documentary show Poligion, when they visit some recon specnaz unit, you will excuse me for not remembering witch one. Well thing with military orders is that guns or any equipment is mostly delivered for few years, meanwhile some changes in tooling or design change and you get often 2-3 same items, but still different in some way. Also its very well documented that Russian soldiers in abit specialised units often customise weapons to their likings.


    Somewhat like this.


    Siempre_Leal
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:07 am

    Can anybody ID the helmet, camo uniform?


    NationalRus
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 637
    Points : 650
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  NationalRus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:18 am

    its multicam

    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1540
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Zivo on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:23 am

    Could it be possible that these guys may actually be Chechen spetsnaz units? Is there a video of them talking?

    NationalRus
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 637
    Points : 650
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  NationalRus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:31 am

    Zivo wrote:Could it be possible that these guys may actually be Chechen spetsnaz units? Is there a video of them talking?

    yes they talked perfectly in arabic in the news video, i first also tought becouse i didnt saw such pics from syrian special forces with modern western gear that they might be some of ours but no they asked the sniper and he spoke arabic

    the russian translation is loud but you still can hear him talk if you concentrate on his voice

    5:06
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=preEIDWvRNw

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Militarov on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:44 am

    Siempre_Leal wrote:Can anybody ID the helmet, camo uniform?


    Uniform could be Russian MultiCam version, i belive tho its more common in MVD/FSB use than actual army.





    When its about helmet it looks like fairly easy obtainable Ops-Core helmet, just in multicam scheme



    Sponsored content

    Re: Syrian Armed Forces (Photos, Video)

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:47 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:47 am