Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+63
Jhonwick3
Tom Cruise
Russian Fighter
Anonymous Fighter
iwanz
MilitaryAttractions
Enera
baron8201
Svyatoslavich
KiloGolf
Odin of Ossetia
DB1234
AlfaT8
Elbows
pampa14
Walther von Oldenburg
Cowboy's daughter
Anas Ali
jhelb
JohninMK
HUNTER VZLA
FichtL_WichtL
MOPO3
OminousSpudd
KoTeMoRe
assslan
marcinko
Airbornewolf
mack8
PapaDragon
zackyx
zg18
Cyberspec
Zivo
Mike E
magnumcromagnon
kvs
Werewolf
Khepesh
collegeboy16
Bolt
cheesfactory
VeeTee
d_taddei2
Wizard Bo
nealko
Indian Flanker
Sujoy
NationalRus
KRON1
Viktor
TR1
nemrod
Stealthflanker
Mr.Kalishnikov47
AJ-47
GarryB
medo
Austin
Admin
ahmedfire
Kysusha
nightcrawler
67 posters

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread:

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Empty Re: Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread:

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:33 am

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Maxresdefault

Polish MiG29.

Last edited by Militarov on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Empty Re: Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread:

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:41 am

The Malyshev Plant Ukraine and T84s.

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 507546_original-696x461

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 507784_original

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 508253_original

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 508035_original

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 507211_original

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:55 am

Inside The Arms Room of The Swiss Guard (Well they are basically Vatican army...sort of)

"The unit is famous for its antiquated-looking formal dress and arms, but as we’ll see, they have access to much more modern weapons as their duties are not simply ceremonial. I recently returned from a trip to the Eternal City with my wife’s family and was able to make a tour that I thought you might enjoy hearing about.  Being a Marine with a similar duty, I had a special interest in seeing the barracks of my counterparts in the Vatican — so when my brother-in-law said he could get us and a tour of the armory of the world’s oldest continuously operating army — I jumped at the chance
    The Guardia Svizzera Pontificia, or Pontifical Swiss Guard, has operated continuously for over 509 years.  This reinforced company sized unit is composed of 110 men.  They are led by a commandant and three officers, 1 SNCO and 25 NCO’s.  The courtyard was draped with large flags representing the different states in Switzerland. Blonde children were running around the courtyard, in a quiet respite from Rome’s busy streets, just on the other side of the walls.
    The army of Vatican City is perhaps best known for their ceremonial duties, but they also perform body-guard duties comparable to our U.S. Secret Service (they perform a blend of both uniform and special agent division duties).  Personal security of the pope is split between the Vatican Police and Swiss Guard. I was surprised that we were led into the armory, and without all the usual tell-tale signs of a leatherneck’s iteration.  It was clear that this was not the storehouse of (all) their modern weapons, but it was a functioning armory nonetheless.  Given the unit’s age, it is no small collection."

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Helmets_etc-576x1024

"The armory had halberds, swords, bayonets the length of swords, two-handed swords, a blunderbuss that must have weighted 40 lbs, and bolt-, semi-, and automatic weapons used throughout their history.  There were also the traditional medieval sets of armor that they are famous for, weighing close to 40lb each.  These armor suits are still worn daily.  It amazed me how far we have come in both personal protection and weapon technologies, and that one organization experienced these many developments first hand.  Remarkable.
    I was only able to identify two weapons from sight- the pair of Sig 550’s and an MP40. (We can plug those gaps for him — Ed.) The latter was surrendered at the end of WWII by a Nazi soldier whose unit besieged the Vatican during the war.  Shortly before Rome was abandoned by the Germans, he turned himself over to the Swiss Guards.  The unnamed soldier’s weapon and helmet are still kept there in pristine condition alongside the Swiss weapons.  If the weapons in that room could talk, I can only imagine the tales they would tell."

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Swiss_guard_obsolete_firearms-576x1024

"It’s highly unusual indeed to see an armory filled with early-Renaissance plate armor and 20th Century submachine guns and assault rifles alike, but the Swiss Guard is far from an ordinary unit. Existing for over 500 years (next year will be their 510th anniversary), the Swiss Guard is made up of Swiss Catholics who have completed Swiss military basic training. The Swiss guard purchases their own weapons with their own requirements, and this is reflected by the unusual mix of firearms housed in the armory. From SIG MKMO submachine guns, of which the Swiss Guard was one of the only adopters, to the extremely rare Papal State M1868 Remington Rolling Block rifles, the armory is both a working building and a time capsule, with weapons serving both as arms at the ready, and a historical record of the unit."

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Swiss_guard_smgs-1024x1024

Source: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/14/inside-the-arms-room-of-the-swiss-guard/
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Empty Santa Claus with the children during Croatian War, Vukovar, 1992.

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Safe_image.php?d=AQBljL5Q2eoHJtOk&w=487&h=407&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FCV2KtsEWoAAOI5m
    Bolt
    Bolt

Post  Bolt Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:30 pm

Reenactor of a French soldier (Napoleonic era). Rumsiskes, Lithuania (Napoleon's retreat from Moscow event)

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Pic65
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:36 am

Funny military parade, its like carnival

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:18 am

pampa14

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Empty A different view of the WW2

Post  pampa14 Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:52 pm

An extensive, interesting and fantastic collection of color photos, many of them rare, showing aircraft and crews in action during WW2. These incredible pictures I share with you and can be viewed through the link below. Like me, I hope you will also be surprised and enjoy the photos.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/uma-visao-diferente-sobre-segunda.html

Best Regards!

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:45 am

Post  Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:44 am

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 CcKG5LbW4AAcu8p

Somalia, i think this is picture of the year.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:51 am

Some years ago i saw some video on youtube by some alledged Canadian afghanistan "VETERAN" who held an AK in some of his videos to show how to shoot the same way, almost like a RPG.

Veterans the most overused word on the internet from this kind of armschairgenerals with frontpacks.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:54 am

Militarov wrote:Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 CcKG5LbW4AAcu8p

Still doesn't top this...

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Wue5wei

...See the problem here lol?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:36 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 CcKG5LbW4AAcu8p

Still doesn't top this...

Non-Russian Μilitary multimedia thread: - Page 6 Wue5wei

...See the problem here lol?

Yes, that one is fake. The RPG warhead has no detonator cap.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:10 am

Some my montage from few years ago

Last edited by Militarov on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:35 am

Werewolf wrote:

Yes, that one is fake. The RPG warhead has no detonator cap.

and also would be great stupidity to fire an RPG near yourself Cool
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:37 am

DEFEXPO India – 2016 images

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1821869.html

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:54 am

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:30 am

Ukrainians showing new body armor Smile

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:33 am

Bulgarian Su-25
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:38 am

Militarov wrote:

What is so special about it?

New armor, tested with a pistol of a probably fascist guy looking at the current ukrop jewish controlled clown state and their volunteers.

Shot with an AK-47 at least or its worth nothing.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:46 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

New armor, tested with a pistol of a probably fascist guy looking at the current ukrop jewish controlled clown state and their volunteers.

Well its more than unusual way of testing body armor Smile

Also i am suspicious about the bullets, its probably copper jacket.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:09 am

Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

It is not, that is traditional testing of body armor and armor overall.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:16 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

It is not, that is traditional testing of body armor and armor overall.

I would not dare calling it "traiditional", Alex Armor factory where that i visited use jelly blocks for quality testing of materials delivered (micro Dynema instead of kevlar). And i highly doubt any other factory anywhere would use an actual man to test their body armor.

However you can always find videos of people doing something stupid.

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:11 am

That is fake video, but anyways that is indeed traditional testing, because noone believed or trusted WINDOWS to be bulletproof aswell body armor was tested that way. A producer that is not willing to test it with live fire is not trusted back then and that is a good thing. If you are afraid of testing your lifesavers with own tests why should anyone believe in your product?

Ballistic Jelly is also very bad for testing anything. It does not have consistence of human tissue, the only thing it has is the average resilience of human tissue, not molelucalr structure, not the strips of muscles that would also affect the wounding channels of projectiles aswell no bones are used.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:33 am

Werewolf wrote:That is fake video, but anyways that is indeed traditional testing, because noone believed or trusted WINDOWS to be bulletproof aswell body armor was tested that way. A producer that is not willing to test it with live fire is not trusted back then and that is a good thing. If you are afraid of testing your lifesavers with own tests why should anyone believe in your product?

Ballistic Jelly is also very bad for testing anything. It does not have consistence of human tissue, the only thing it has is the average resilience of human tissue, not molelucalr structure, not the strips of muscles that would also affect the wounding channels of projectiles aswell no bones are used.

You have occasional guys doing it to prove a point or to show how great and brave they are, or to promote their products. But it has nothing to do with an actual quality control or testing.

You do not test car crash worthiness with humans inside the car. Also in half of those videos they use pistol 9mm PARA full copper jacket, which shouldnt penetrate even frying pan, its just silly commercial stunt. Also in most of the cases they use class III+ west which should protect aganist .223 and even .308 Winchester.

Actually jelly these guys used were made on Patology department on Military Medical Institute, they have torso shape and have an actual bone structure including major internal organs so they can inspect soft tissue trauma. It completely replicates human torso trauma except hematoma naturally.

http://www.aleksarmor.com/naslovna.html This is the company btw, i have their undercoat lvl IIIA jacket

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:22 pm