Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    mp.net is closing?

    Share

    ExBeobachter1987
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 444
    Points : 444
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 28
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:50 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    American Eagle wrote:Why destroy ISIS if you can use them for your own advantage? This is more profitable and more FUN Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

    Yeah 9/11 was obviously "extremely fun".

    Actually, he has a point.
    9/11 and Daesh's territorialism are the results of a complete different strategies (target the superpower that supports our primary enemies versus target our primary enemies).
    Americans do not mind the latter as much as the former.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:06 pm

    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    American Eagle wrote:Why destroy ISIS if you can use them for your own advantage? This is more profitable and more FUN Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

    Yeah 9/11 was obviously "extremely fun".

    Actually, he has a point.
    9/11 and Daesh's territorialism are the results of a complete different strategies (target the superpower that supports our primary enemies versus target our primary enemies).
    Americans do not mind the latter as much as the former.

    So far Isis targets by proxy have been Westerners...Russia actually suffers from a completely different disease. Those guys that piss of Russia have actually played a very good role for Russia asserting its role. See Egypt, unites Russia and Saudi Arabia in business. KSA pays, Russia sells, Egypt bombs...

    If you think Americans don't mind having the dudes in black rampaging the middle east and Africa, then there's something that doesn't click in US Ethos. Lizard men...

    Rodinazombie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 582
    Points : 616
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Rodinazombie on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:32 pm

    What i dont get, is why are you even responding to a blatant troll?


    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:42 pm

    Rodinazombie wrote:What i dont get, is why are you even responding to a blatant troll?


    It's always funny.

    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 667
    Points : 730
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Book. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:12 am

    Ivan the Colorado wrote:Book, I have a question for you. How did the mods treat you? On the surface, it looked like you had everyone confused, even a few of the mods said they didn't understand you. Wink

    MP mod split Yank v Roo...   study

    Roo mod the dog ban me lot time
    US mod Wolverblue Hollis unban  cheers

    Book + XJ220 talk the football
    US luv fooball kind like drug. they fight to keep lol1 unshaven

    Ivan the Colorado
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 794
    Points : 828
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Colorado, USA

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Ivan the Colorado on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:00 am

    Book. wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:Book, I have a question for you. How did the mods treat you? On the surface, it looked like you had everyone confused, even a few of the mods said they didn't understand you. Wink

    MP mod split Yank v Roo...   study

    Roo mod the dog ban me lot time
    US mod Wolverblue Hollis unban  cheers

    Book + XJ220 talk the football
    US luv fooball kind like drug. they fight to keep lol1  unshaven
    Gotcha.

    I haven't had the ability to keep up with all the other NFL developments besides the Broncos. How is your team looking this season?

    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 667
    Points : 730
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Book. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:46 pm

    Ivan the Colorado wrote:Gotcha.

    I haven't had the ability to keep up with all the other NFL developments besides the Broncos. How is your team looking this season?

    OAK + Duck my team

    I think look good thumbsup

    DTA
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 190
    Points : 228
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  DTA on Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:23 pm

    Never had problems with mods on mp.net , all my bans and infractions were based on different rules - hot linking images, flaming offtopic wars - all my mistakes

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3388
    Points : 3431
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:46 am

    DTA wrote:Never had problems with mods on mp.net , all  my bans and infractions were based on different rules - hot linking images, flaming offtopic  wars - all my mistakes
    You are a sane influence over there but it has gone very quiet.

    Rodinazombie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 582
    Points : 616
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Rodinazombie on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:25 am

    Just had a look over for the first time, the bit that surprised me is the low post count of a lot of the older members that used to very active on the old site.

    It seems very flat and boring over there.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:06 am

    Rodinazombie wrote:Just had a look over for the first time, the bit that surprised me is the low post count of a lot of the older members that used to very active on the old site.

    It seems very flat and boring over there.

    Normal mate, MP.net format was easy and wild to the eyes. Now with the stupid vetting process and half the good guys gone, there's only Svidomites and Idiots. Even Ambassador can't overcome the stupidity of Camera. That's some real exponential downward spiralling right there.


    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 111
    Points : 114
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Fred333 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:33 pm

    not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:30 pm

    Fred333 wrote:not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 111
    Points : 114
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Fred333 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:37 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    I am mostly a newcomer to the whole community, from around 2011 and the start of the Arab Spring, but you seem to have a long history there. Did the whole community become more pro-west and biased over time? When did the whole Pro-GWoT nonsense and BTDT-class society start? And what do you mean by astroturfing?

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:54 pm

    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    I am mostly a newcomer to the whole community, from around 2011 and the start of the Arab Spring, but you seem to have a long history there. Did the whole community become more pro-west and biased over time? When did the whole Pro-GWoT nonsense and BTDT-class society start? And what do you mean by astroturfing?

    The pro-western leanings were there since the beggining, but they weren't on the charter until 2011/12 and as such mostly because Georgia, albeit the Georgians started it and then Libya. After Libya and the pro-West 50centers started popping up (czechmate67, RebelCze44, Kalerab, Gresh, leloup46 etc) a counter influx started as well. With more or less insane people. Then there were the local crazies that saw what was happening. You got people like Zeev (pro-zionist, pro-Russian schizo) or gleipnir (normal dudes with a functionning brain) simply seeing the writing on the wall and pushing back. And when the whole ordeal was done with, Mods simply added the Pro-West BS to stiffle the protest stream. It got so bad Hollis, big wig moderator went as low as posting a Muslim Brotherhood propaganda piece on Hama 1982 which had a video made by an affiliate of Al Qaeda. When I fronted him about that, I got my last suspension.

    What changed over time was accountability for the mods. Hood was almost never there, and Hollis, who has nothing else to do, was there 24/7, therefore taking over much of the decisions. People like DW58 slowly got roller over, especially since DW had little tolerance for bigots, and MP 'Murricans can't keep their little Jesus in their pants. Along with their arrogance.

    So basically there's that. The BTDT issue started because of the many posers, but stretched thin because of petty issues regarding performance of this or that. It also is a good cover for Hollis' bullshit, especially his non-sense about things he's vaguely heard of : ("Al Kindi baby formula plant" that one is funny, S300 protecting the Syrian Nuclear reactor is funny too, shit like that).

    And astroturfing is simply the process in which cellar dwellers and mommyboys become ultra Divan Boevikis and swarm any given internet outlet to vouch for "their" cause. This is more than trolling, very serious idiots make very serious forays with their facts and or propaganda. Take Dforce for instance. Or Flagship Hausoffer (AKA Jeremy Sun at the MEss).




    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 111
    Points : 114
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Fred333 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:22 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    I am mostly a newcomer to the whole community, from around 2011 and the start of the Arab Spring, but you seem to have a long history there. Did the whole community become more pro-west and biased over time? When did the whole Pro-GWoT nonsense and BTDT-class society start? And what do you mean by astroturfing?

    The pro-western leanings were there since the beggining, but they weren't on the charter until 2011/12 and as such mostly because Georgia, albeit the Georgians started it and then Libya. After Libya and the pro-West 50centers started popping up (czechmate67, RebelCze44, Kalerab, Gresh, leloup46 etc) a counter influx started as well. With more or less insane people. Then there were the local crazies that saw what was happening. You got people like Zeev (pro-zionist, pro-Russian schizo) or gleipnir (normal dudes with a functionning brain) simply seeing the writing on the wall and pushing back. And when the whole ordeal was done with, Mods simply added the Pro-West BS to stiffle the protest stream. It got so bad Hollis, big wig moderator went as low as posting a Muslim Brotherhood propaganda piece on Hama 1982 which had a video made by an affiliate of Al Qaeda. When I fronted him about that, I got my last suspension.

    What changed over time was accountability for the mods. Hood was almost never there, and Hollis, who has nothing else to do, was there 24/7, therefore taking over much of the decisions. People like DW58 slowly got roller over, especially since DW had little tolerance for bigots, and MP 'Murricans can't keep their little Jesus in their pants. Along with their arrogance.

    So basically there's that. The BTDT issue started because of the many posers, but stretched thin because of petty issues regarding performance of this or that. It also is a good cover for Hollis' bullshit, especially his non-sense about things he's vaguely heard of : ("Al Kindi baby formula plant" that one is funny, S300 protecting the Syrian Nuclear reactor is funny too, shit like that).

    And astroturfing is simply the process in which cellar dwellers and mommyboys become ultra Divan Boevikis and swarm any given internet outlet to vouch for "their" cause. This is more than trolling, very serious idiots make very serious forays with their facts and or propaganda. Take Dforce for instance. Or Flagship Hausoffer (AKA Jeremy Sun at the MEss).




    Thanks, very enlightening! The sense I get now is that they want to go for a sort of high brow intellectual -identity, but the atmosphere is so uptight now many posters are hardly posting anymore, like RZ mentioned. It is telling that a 50 cent account like Plato doesn't even find it worth the bother anymore to defend the PRC viewpoint on themess.

    Gresh is an EE 50 center? Always thought he was a US veteran.
    That whole 1982 MB Hama thing is quite sad really, it is only because it happened in Syria that it is considered a massacre. We all know how it would have been treated in the western media if it had happened in Saudi Arabia.

    Still I think a lot of the heartache of that site could be taken away if the bias were removed and some posters weren't more equal than others anymore. Just my .2 cents.

    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 667
    Points : 730
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Book. on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:27 pm

    I think cheese puff left to

    yea it kind bad...

    nazi take over Surprised



    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:29 pm

    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    I am mostly a newcomer to the whole community, from around 2011 and the start of the Arab Spring, but you seem to have a long history there. Did the whole community become more pro-west and biased over time? When did the whole Pro-GWoT nonsense and BTDT-class society start? And what do you mean by astroturfing?

    The pro-western leanings were there since the beggining, but they weren't on the charter until 2011/12 and as such mostly because Georgia, albeit the Georgians started it and then Libya. After Libya and the pro-West 50centers started popping up (czechmate67, RebelCze44, Kalerab, Gresh, leloup46 etc) a counter influx started as well. With more or less insane people. Then there were the local crazies that saw what was happening. You got people like Zeev (pro-zionist, pro-Russian schizo) or gleipnir (normal dudes with a functionning brain) simply seeing the writing on the wall and pushing back. And when the whole ordeal was done with, Mods simply added the Pro-West BS to stiffle the protest stream. It got so bad Hollis, big wig moderator went as low as posting a Muslim Brotherhood propaganda piece on Hama 1982 which had a video made by an affiliate of Al Qaeda. When I fronted him about that, I got my last suspension.

    What changed over time was accountability for the mods. Hood was almost never there, and Hollis, who has nothing else to do, was there 24/7, therefore taking over much of the decisions. People like DW58 slowly got roller over, especially since DW had little tolerance for bigots, and MP 'Murricans can't keep their little Jesus in their pants. Along with their arrogance.

    So basically there's that. The BTDT issue started because of the many posers, but stretched thin because of petty issues regarding performance of this or that. It also is a good cover for Hollis' bullshit, especially his non-sense about things he's vaguely heard of : ("Al Kindi baby formula plant" that one is funny, S300 protecting the Syrian Nuclear reactor is funny too, shit like that).

    And astroturfing is simply the process in which cellar dwellers and mommyboys become ultra Divan Boevikis and swarm any given internet outlet to vouch for "their" cause. This is more than trolling, very serious idiots make very serious forays with their facts and or propaganda. Take Dforce for instance. Or Flagship Hausoffer (AKA Jeremy Sun at the MEss).




    Thanks, very enlightening! The sense I get now is that they want to go for a sort of high brow intellectual -identity, but the atmosphere is so uptight now many posters are hardly posting anymore, like RZ mentioned. It is telling that a 50 cent account like Plato doesn't even find it worth the bother anymore to defend the PRC viewpoint on themess.

    Gresh is an EE 50 center? Always thought he was a US veteran.
    That whole 1982 MB Hama thing is quite sad really, it is only because it happened in Syria that it is considered a massacre. We all know how it would have been treated in the western media if it had happened in Saudi Arabia.

    Still I think a lot of the heartache of that site could be taken away if the bias were removed and some posters weren't more equal than others anymore. Just my .2 cents.

    Before Libya and Syria Gresh had 580 something posts...and he's a 2006 memeber. HE quadrupled that while I was there. Ergo until early 2013. The Hama thing was unfortunate, because of Hollis ignorance. He did know who or what Forsane Alizza was...These people are the definition of useless idiots.

    As for highbrow...lol, you're still there you can see the kind of "high-brow" Intellectual BS they spew there. Tis Sad but there's nothing intellectual over there. What is also self-hurting is the whole, Link Information to prove what you say. That's how for Hollis there's no KSA sponsorship of Islamic terror. Unfortunately, Wikilieaks recently proved how deep the Saudis were in buying off the press.


    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 111
    Points : 114
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Fred333 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:42 pm

    Book. wrote:I think cheese puff left to

    yea it kind bad...

    nazi take over  Surprised



    Banned for "pimping" his own site, after action review. A bit harsh if you ask, I was not a big fan of his ideas and worldview (US fuck yeah, nuke everyone who doesn't agree with us), but banning him like that was a bit uncalled for. Plus is an example of those policies that stiffle life on the forum. As a funny sidenote, the after action review has a mp.net complaint thread largely mirroring this one (including disgruntled members formerly privy to the vetted threads complaining about the way mods ran things behind the scene), but then from the nato ***** perspective.

    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 111
    Points : 114
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Fred333 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:50 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    I am mostly a newcomer to the whole community, from around 2011 and the start of the Arab Spring, but you seem to have a long history there. Did the whole community become more pro-west and biased over time? When did the whole Pro-GWoT nonsense and BTDT-class society start? And what do you mean by astroturfing?

    The pro-western leanings were there since the beggining, but they weren't on the charter until 2011/12 and as such mostly because Georgia, albeit the Georgians started it and then Libya. After Libya and the pro-West 50centers started popping up (czechmate67, RebelCze44, Kalerab, Gresh, leloup46 etc) a counter influx started as well. With more or less insane people. Then there were the local crazies that saw what was happening. You got people like Zeev (pro-zionist, pro-Russian schizo) or gleipnir (normal dudes with a functionning brain) simply seeing the writing on the wall and pushing back. And when the whole ordeal was done with, Mods simply added the Pro-West BS to stiffle the protest stream. It got so bad Hollis, big wig moderator went as low as posting a Muslim Brotherhood propaganda piece on Hama 1982 which had a video made by an affiliate of Al Qaeda. When I fronted him about that, I got my last suspension.

    What changed over time was accountability for the mods. Hood was almost never there, and Hollis, who has nothing else to do, was there 24/7, therefore taking over much of the decisions. People like DW58 slowly got roller over, especially since DW had little tolerance for bigots, and MP 'Murricans can't keep their little Jesus in their pants. Along with their arrogance.

    So basically there's that. The BTDT issue started because of the many posers, but stretched thin because of petty issues regarding performance of this or that. It also is a good cover for Hollis' bullshit, especially his non-sense about things he's vaguely heard of : ("Al Kindi baby formula plant" that one is funny, S300 protecting the Syrian Nuclear reactor is funny too, shit like that).

    And astroturfing is simply the process in which cellar dwellers and mommyboys become ultra Divan Boevikis and swarm any given internet outlet to vouch for "their" cause. This is more than trolling, very serious idiots make very serious forays with their facts and or propaganda. Take Dforce for instance. Or Flagship Hausoffer (AKA Jeremy Sun at the MEss).




    Thanks, very enlightening! The sense I get now is that they want to go for a sort of high brow intellectual -identity, but the atmosphere is so uptight now many posters are hardly posting anymore, like RZ mentioned. It is telling that a 50 cent account like Plato doesn't even find it worth the bother anymore to defend the PRC viewpoint on themess.

    Gresh is an EE 50 center? Always thought he was a US veteran.
    That whole 1982 MB Hama thing is quite sad really, it is only because it happened in Syria that it is considered a massacre. We all know how it would have been treated in the western media if it had happened in Saudi Arabia.

    Still I think a lot of the heartache of that site could be taken away if the bias were removed and some posters weren't more equal than others anymore. Just my .2 cents.

    Before Libya and Syria Gresh had 580 something posts...and he's a 2006 memeber. HE quadrupled that while I was there. Ergo until early 2013. The Hama thing was unfortunate, because of Hollis ignorance. He did know who or what Forsane Alizza was...These people are the definition of useless idiots.

    As for highbrow...lol, you're still there you can see the kind of "high-brow" Intellectual BS they spew there. Tis Sad but there's nothing intellectual over there. What is also self-hurting is the whole, Link Information to prove what you say. That's how for Hollis there's no KSA sponsorship of Islamic terror. Unfortunately, Wikilieaks recently proved how deep the Saudis were in buying off the press.


    LOL about gresh. Not bad, getting paid for jerking off to TOW vids hitting hapless Syrian soldiers.

    I think the posting with links works both ways, without it all sorts of useful idiots could also make their claims without being called out for it. I prefer it if people are open about their sources...

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:24 pm

    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    I am mostly a newcomer to the whole community, from around 2011 and the start of the Arab Spring, but you seem to have a long history there. Did the whole community become more pro-west and biased over time? When did the whole Pro-GWoT nonsense and BTDT-class society start? And what do you mean by astroturfing?

    The pro-western leanings were there since the beggining, but they weren't on the charter until 2011/12 and as such mostly because Georgia, albeit the Georgians started it and then Libya. After Libya and the pro-West 50centers started popping up (czechmate67, RebelCze44, Kalerab, Gresh, leloup46 etc) a counter influx started as well. With more or less insane people. Then there were the local crazies that saw what was happening. You got people like Zeev (pro-zionist, pro-Russian schizo) or gleipnir (normal dudes with a functionning brain) simply seeing the writing on the wall and pushing back. And when the whole ordeal was done with, Mods simply added the Pro-West BS to stiffle the protest stream. It got so bad Hollis, big wig moderator went as low as posting a Muslim Brotherhood propaganda piece on Hama 1982 which had a video made by an affiliate of Al Qaeda. When I fronted him about that, I got my last suspension.

    What changed over time was accountability for the mods. Hood was almost never there, and Hollis, who has nothing else to do, was there 24/7, therefore taking over much of the decisions. People like DW58 slowly got roller over, especially since DW had little tolerance for bigots, and MP 'Murricans can't keep their little Jesus in their pants. Along with their arrogance.

    So basically there's that. The BTDT issue started because of the many posers, but stretched thin because of petty issues regarding performance of this or that. It also is a good cover for Hollis' bullshit, especially his non-sense about things he's vaguely heard of : ("Al Kindi baby formula plant" that one is funny, S300 protecting the Syrian Nuclear reactor is funny too, shit like that).

    And astroturfing is simply the process in which cellar dwellers and mommyboys become ultra Divan Boevikis and swarm any given internet outlet to vouch for "their" cause. This is more than trolling, very serious idiots make very serious forays with their facts and or propaganda. Take Dforce for instance. Or Flagship Hausoffer (AKA Jeremy Sun at the MEss).




    Thanks, very enlightening! The sense I get now is that they want to go for a sort of high brow intellectual -identity, but the atmosphere is so uptight now many posters are hardly posting anymore, like RZ mentioned. It is telling that a 50 cent account like Plato doesn't even find it worth the bother anymore to defend the PRC viewpoint on themess.

    Gresh is an EE 50 center? Always thought he was a US veteran.
    That whole 1982 MB Hama thing is quite sad really, it is only because it happened in Syria that it is considered a massacre. We all know how it would have been treated in the western media if it had happened in Saudi Arabia.

    Still I think a lot of the heartache of that site could be taken away if the bias were removed and some posters weren't more equal than others anymore. Just my .2 cents.

    Before Libya and Syria Gresh had 580 something posts...and he's a 2006 memeber. HE quadrupled that while I was there. Ergo until early 2013. The Hama thing was unfortunate, because of Hollis ignorance. He did know who or what Forsane Alizza was...These people are the definition of useless idiots.

    As for highbrow...lol, you're still there you can see the kind of "high-brow" Intellectual BS they spew there. Tis Sad but there's nothing intellectual over there. What is also self-hurting is the whole, Link Information to prove what you say. That's how for Hollis there's no KSA sponsorship of Islamic terror. Unfortunately, Wikilieaks recently proved how deep the Saudis were in buying off the press.


    LOL about gresh. Not bad, getting paid for jerking off to TOW vids hitting hapless Syrian soldiers.

    I think the posting with links works both ways, without it all sorts of useful idiots could also make their claims without being called out for it. I prefer it if people are open about their sources...

    I don't know if he gets paid or not, but he and the others were pretty prolific when it came to "revolutionnary videos". It's the overall attitide they have.

    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 111
    Points : 114
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Fred333 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:31 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    I am mostly a newcomer to the whole community, from around 2011 and the start of the Arab Spring, but you seem to have a long history there. Did the whole community become more pro-west and biased over time? When did the whole Pro-GWoT nonsense and BTDT-class society start? And what do you mean by astroturfing?

    The pro-western leanings were there since the beggining, but they weren't on the charter until 2011/12 and as such mostly because Georgia, albeit the Georgians started it and then Libya. After Libya and the pro-West 50centers started popping up (czechmate67, RebelCze44, Kalerab, Gresh, leloup46 etc) a counter influx started as well. With more or less insane people. Then there were the local crazies that saw what was happening. You got people like Zeev (pro-zionist, pro-Russian schizo) or gleipnir (normal dudes with a functionning brain) simply seeing the writing on the wall and pushing back. And when the whole ordeal was done with, Mods simply added the Pro-West BS to stiffle the protest stream. It got so bad Hollis, big wig moderator went as low as posting a Muslim Brotherhood propaganda piece on Hama 1982 which had a video made by an affiliate of Al Qaeda. When I fronted him about that, I got my last suspension.

    What changed over time was accountability for the mods. Hood was almost never there, and Hollis, who has nothing else to do, was there 24/7, therefore taking over much of the decisions. People like DW58 slowly got roller over, especially since DW had little tolerance for bigots, and MP 'Murricans can't keep their little Jesus in their pants. Along with their arrogance.

    So basically there's that. The BTDT issue started because of the many posers, but stretched thin because of petty issues regarding performance of this or that. It also is a good cover for Hollis' bullshit, especially his non-sense about things he's vaguely heard of : ("Al Kindi baby formula plant" that one is funny, S300 protecting the Syrian Nuclear reactor is funny too, shit like that).

    And astroturfing is simply the process in which cellar dwellers and mommyboys become ultra Divan Boevikis and swarm any given internet outlet to vouch for "their" cause. This is more than trolling, very serious idiots make very serious forays with their facts and or propaganda. Take Dforce for instance. Or Flagship Hausoffer (AKA Jeremy Sun at the MEss).




    Thanks, very enlightening! The sense I get now is that they want to go for a sort of high brow intellectual -identity, but the atmosphere is so uptight now many posters are hardly posting anymore, like RZ mentioned. It is telling that a 50 cent account like Plato doesn't even find it worth the bother anymore to defend the PRC viewpoint on themess.

    Gresh is an EE 50 center? Always thought he was a US veteran.
    That whole 1982 MB Hama thing is quite sad really, it is only because it happened in Syria that it is considered a massacre. We all know how it would have been treated in the western media if it had happened in Saudi Arabia.

    Still I think a lot of the heartache of that site could be taken away if the bias were removed and some posters weren't more equal than others anymore. Just my .2 cents.

    Before Libya and Syria Gresh had 580 something posts...and he's a 2006 memeber. HE quadrupled that while I was there. Ergo until early 2013. The Hama thing was unfortunate, because of Hollis ignorance. He did know who or what Forsane Alizza was...These people are the definition of useless idiots.

    As for highbrow...lol, you're still there you can see the kind of "high-brow" Intellectual BS they spew there. Tis Sad but there's nothing intellectual over there. What is also self-hurting is the whole, Link Information to prove what you say. That's how for Hollis there's no KSA sponsorship of Islamic terror. Unfortunately, Wikilieaks recently proved how deep the Saudis were in buying off the press.


    LOL about gresh. Not bad, getting paid for jerking off to TOW vids hitting hapless Syrian soldiers.

    I think the posting with links works both ways, without it all sorts of useful idiots could also make their claims without being called out for it. I prefer it if people are open about their sources...

    I don't know if he gets paid or not, but he and the others were pretty prolific when it came to "revolutionnary videos".  It's the overall attitide they have.

    These guys were/are so slimy -> they know how to toe the terrorism line very well, and admittedly the Assad regime is its own worst PR enemy, but they are so infuriatingly naive in their support for pseudo-revolutionaries and Al-Qaeda collaborators. That or they are Sunni trolls pretending to be westerners.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:33 pm

    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    I am mostly a newcomer to the whole community, from around 2011 and the start of the Arab Spring, but you seem to have a long history there. Did the whole community become more pro-west and biased over time? When did the whole Pro-GWoT nonsense and BTDT-class society start? And what do you mean by astroturfing?

    The pro-western leanings were there since the beggining, but they weren't on the charter until 2011/12 and as such mostly because Georgia, albeit the Georgians started it and then Libya. After Libya and the pro-West 50centers started popping up (czechmate67, RebelCze44, Kalerab, Gresh, leloup46 etc) a counter influx started as well. With more or less insane people. Then there were the local crazies that saw what was happening. You got people like Zeev (pro-zionist, pro-Russian schizo) or gleipnir (normal dudes with a functionning brain) simply seeing the writing on the wall and pushing back. And when the whole ordeal was done with, Mods simply added the Pro-West BS to stiffle the protest stream. It got so bad Hollis, big wig moderator went as low as posting a Muslim Brotherhood propaganda piece on Hama 1982 which had a video made by an affiliate of Al Qaeda. When I fronted him about that, I got my last suspension.

    What changed over time was accountability for the mods. Hood was almost never there, and Hollis, who has nothing else to do, was there 24/7, therefore taking over much of the decisions. People like DW58 slowly got roller over, especially since DW had little tolerance for bigots, and MP 'Murricans can't keep their little Jesus in their pants. Along with their arrogance.

    So basically there's that. The BTDT issue started because of the many posers, but stretched thin because of petty issues regarding performance of this or that. It also is a good cover for Hollis' bullshit, especially his non-sense about things he's vaguely heard of : ("Al Kindi baby formula plant" that one is funny, S300 protecting the Syrian Nuclear reactor is funny too, shit like that).

    And astroturfing is simply the process in which cellar dwellers and mommyboys become ultra Divan Boevikis and swarm any given internet outlet to vouch for "their" cause. This is more than trolling, very serious idiots make very serious forays with their facts and or propaganda. Take Dforce for instance. Or Flagship Hausoffer (AKA Jeremy Sun at the MEss).




    Thanks, very enlightening! The sense I get now is that they want to go for a sort of high brow intellectual -identity, but the atmosphere is so uptight now many posters are hardly posting anymore, like RZ mentioned. It is telling that a 50 cent account like Plato doesn't even find it worth the bother anymore to defend the PRC viewpoint on themess.

    Gresh is an EE 50 center? Always thought he was a US veteran.
    That whole 1982 MB Hama thing is quite sad really, it is only because it happened in Syria that it is considered a massacre. We all know how it would have been treated in the western media if it had happened in Saudi Arabia.

    Still I think a lot of the heartache of that site could be taken away if the bias were removed and some posters weren't more equal than others anymore. Just my .2 cents.

    Before Libya and Syria Gresh had 580 something posts...and he's a 2006 memeber. HE quadrupled that while I was there. Ergo until early 2013. The Hama thing was unfortunate, because of Hollis ignorance. He did know who or what Forsane Alizza was...These people are the definition of useless idiots.

    As for highbrow...lol, you're still there you can see the kind of "high-brow" Intellectual BS they spew there. Tis Sad but there's nothing intellectual over there. What is also self-hurting is the whole, Link Information to prove what you say. That's how for Hollis there's no KSA sponsorship of Islamic terror. Unfortunately, Wikilieaks recently proved how deep the Saudis were in buying off the press.


    LOL about gresh. Not bad, getting paid for jerking off to TOW vids hitting hapless Syrian soldiers.

    I think the posting with links works both ways, without it all sorts of useful idiots could also make their claims without being called out for it. I prefer it if people are open about their sources...

    I don't know if he gets paid or not, but he and the others were pretty prolific when it came to "revolutionnary videos".  It's the overall attitide they have.

    These guys were/are so slimy -> they know how to toe the terrorism line very well, and admittedly the Assad regime is its own worst PR enemy, but they are so infuriatingly naive in their support for pseudo-revolutionaries and Al-Qaeda collaborators. That or they are Sunni trolls pretending to be westerners.

    Meh, there's pleny self-righteous ijits that think they know best. That's nothing new. The new thing is the paradox at MP.net and now the Mess. In a coupel of years the US will bomb these people back to the stoneage.

    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 111
    Points : 114
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Fred333 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:39 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:not an easy site to moderate, for sure. that being said, I feel that lately it has been increasingly moderated to death, heavy moderation is really stifling the atmosphere there. maybe they should get in more mods to share the workload, because now it seems only 2-3 guys are doing all the work (of a total of around 10 official mods), and more often than not they are resorting to draconian measures for lack of time and patience, or at least it seems like that to me.
    And the bias: well, it's there in the forum rules when you sign up...
    It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread want a MP.net without the bias...why not band together and make it so then? Just assemble a good international crew, get some forum space somewhere, really try to keep it neutral, objective and non-nation centered. Should be possible, or?

    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    I am mostly a newcomer to the whole community, from around 2011 and the start of the Arab Spring, but you seem to have a long history there. Did the whole community become more pro-west and biased over time? When did the whole Pro-GWoT nonsense and BTDT-class society start? And what do you mean by astroturfing?

    The pro-western leanings were there since the beggining, but they weren't on the charter until 2011/12 and as such mostly because Georgia, albeit the Georgians started it and then Libya. After Libya and the pro-West 50centers started popping up (czechmate67, RebelCze44, Kalerab, Gresh, leloup46 etc) a counter influx started as well. With more or less insane people. Then there were the local crazies that saw what was happening. You got people like Zeev (pro-zionist, pro-Russian schizo) or gleipnir (normal dudes with a functionning brain) simply seeing the writing on the wall and pushing back. And when the whole ordeal was done with, Mods simply added the Pro-West BS to stiffle the protest stream. It got so bad Hollis, big wig moderator went as low as posting a Muslim Brotherhood propaganda piece on Hama 1982 which had a video made by an affiliate of Al Qaeda. When I fronted him about that, I got my last suspension.

    What changed over time was accountability for the mods. Hood was almost never there, and Hollis, who has nothing else to do, was there 24/7, therefore taking over much of the decisions. People like DW58 slowly got roller over, especially since DW had little tolerance for bigots, and MP 'Murricans can't keep their little Jesus in their pants. Along with their arrogance.

    So basically there's that. The BTDT issue started because of the many posers, but stretched thin because of petty issues regarding performance of this or that. It also is a good cover for Hollis' bullshit, especially his non-sense about things he's vaguely heard of : ("Al Kindi baby formula plant" that one is funny, S300 protecting the Syrian Nuclear reactor is funny too, shit like that).

    And astroturfing is simply the process in which cellar dwellers and mommyboys become ultra Divan Boevikis and swarm any given internet outlet to vouch for "their" cause. This is more than trolling, very serious idiots make very serious forays with their facts and or propaganda. Take Dforce for instance. Or Flagship Hausoffer (AKA Jeremy Sun at the MEss).




    Thanks, very enlightening! The sense I get now is that they want to go for a sort of high brow intellectual -identity, but the atmosphere is so uptight now many posters are hardly posting anymore, like RZ mentioned. It is telling that a 50 cent account like Plato doesn't even find it worth the bother anymore to defend the PRC viewpoint on themess.

    Gresh is an EE 50 center? Always thought he was a US veteran.
    That whole 1982 MB Hama thing is quite sad really, it is only because it happened in Syria that it is considered a massacre. We all know how it would have been treated in the western media if it had happened in Saudi Arabia.

    Still I think a lot of the heartache of that site could be taken away if the bias were removed and some posters weren't more equal than others anymore. Just my .2 cents.

    Before Libya and Syria Gresh had 580 something posts...and he's a 2006 memeber. HE quadrupled that while I was there. Ergo until early 2013. The Hama thing was unfortunate, because of Hollis ignorance. He did know who or what Forsane Alizza was...These people are the definition of useless idiots.

    As for highbrow...lol, you're still there you can see the kind of "high-brow" Intellectual BS they spew there. Tis Sad but there's nothing intellectual over there. What is also self-hurting is the whole, Link Information to prove what you say. That's how for Hollis there's no KSA sponsorship of Islamic terror. Unfortunately, Wikilieaks recently proved how deep the Saudis were in buying off the press.


    LOL about gresh. Not bad, getting paid for jerking off to TOW vids hitting hapless Syrian soldiers.

    I think the posting with links works both ways, without it all sorts of useful idiots could also make their claims without being called out for it. I prefer it if people are open about their sources...

    I don't know if he gets paid or not, but he and the others were pretty prolific when it came to "revolutionnary videos".  It's the overall attitide they have.

    These guys were/are so slimy -> they know how to toe the terrorism line very well, and admittedly the Assad regime is its own worst PR enemy, but they are so infuriatingly naive in their support for pseudo-revolutionaries and Al-Qaeda collaborators. That or they are Sunni trolls pretending to be westerners.

    Meh, there's pleny self-righteous ijits that think they know best. That's nothing new. The new thing is the paradox at MP.net and now the Mess. In a coupel of years the US will bomb these people back to the stoneage.

    Only when they start posing a risk to Israel and US' interests in the region. Until then no one in Washington will lose any sleep over massacred Shia, Kurds, Christians, etc. These guys are all takber in words, but they don't have the balls to go up against the IDF.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:08 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:,
    There's nothing on the forum rules regarding Pro-Western leanings. That was a late addenda on MP.net, but so far there's nothing about that in the current format. As for creating a new forum...it's useless. See the MEss, they wanted to bank of the notoriety of MP.net and they failed. Forums are mostly cyclical. MP.net had its peak before the Ukrainian crisis, then it bubbled because of the Ukrainian crisis. Then you got the very big issue of astrotrufing. What could you do about that....I say nothing.

    Not true. When i signed up there i read the rules on mp.net and the rules prohibited any discussions of the history about SS Louisiana false flag of WW1, prohibition to discuss Tonkin false flag and a few other things were prohibited to be discussed. That is obviously a pro western rules set in rules.

    Sponsored content

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:12 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:12 am