Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    mp.net is closing?

    Share

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  TR1 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:20 am

    I had an alt troll account - Diabetus, recently.

    Was fun screwing with Linedoggie- and being banned when he was breaking forum conduct more so than me.


    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  TR1 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:21 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Don't forget, digrar is a bit on the simple side of life. IF he can't directly prove (IP address etc) you're a past banned member, he'll just assume so if your arguments will go against the pride. So I'm laughing a bit and feeling guilty for people said to be me.


    Well enough with the past, time to go to the future.

    Digrar has connections to JewishTaskForce btw lol.

    I have a buddy who (troll) posted on JTF, and when they found out his other account names (through imagebucket or something) they threatened to have Digrar ban him on mp,net hahahahaa.


    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3597
    Points : 3632
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:23 am

    TR1 wrote:
    Strizh wrote:Shouldn't we move the "Russian Photos" thread to this site?
    I mean it's great to have a single thread for looking through military pictures, it was a major hit at mp.net why can't we have it too?

    NO insult, but could we get a new banner for this site? To make it look like a litte bit more professional, would attract a lot of users.
    Take a look at the indiandefence and pakistanidefence forums they are huge but we lack the same kind of "design" here.

    Would be nice to have more good posters and less fringe nutcases that are the majority of the posting here.

    Russian oriented news is nutcase-news in Democratic Europe. clown

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3597
    Points : 3632
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:31 am

    TR1 wrote:I had an alt troll account - Diabetus, recently.

    Was fun screwing with Linedoggie- and being banned when he was breaking forum conduct more so than me.


    Told you, being a former privy member of MP.net (Invite only section) LD had semi-official leeway to basically flame and bait whoever was on Mod's crosshairs.
    I confronted Hollis twice on the issue and it stung twice. Then Royal (God bless him) told me I was going down sooner or later as Hollis had asked about my "major malfunction"...

    This was 2010, I was banned for good in late 2012.

    Strizh
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 135
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2014-05-06

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Strizh on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:46 am

    What was it all about the private section

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:49 am

    TR1 wrote:I had an alt troll account - Diabetus, recently.

    Was fun screwing with Linedoggie- and being banned when he was breaking forum conduct more so than me.


    Diabetus was you?

    Who would have known

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3597
    Points : 3632
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:59 am

    Strizh wrote:What was it all about the private section

    Nothing, just a "vetted" section for "valuable" members. The problem with it was that sometimes they forgot that "other" people were in and they would talk about you like you weren't there. I witnessed such a discussion about banning me from Hollis to Cali Joe, CJ asking Hollis why, Hollis saying that I got under his skin by always having to challenge him.

    Then I just said Hi. Hollis stopped talking in the open and started dissing me on the Mod-Only chanel. Royal told me about it.

    Hollis can't be a veteran or a sane adult. No adult is that immature (and/or Stupid).

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2533
    Points : 2666
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  kvs on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:10 am

    Nice to see some of the posters I liked to follow join this forum.

    This forum has a less organized format (not a criticism, I don't find it a problem) than MP but the main
    problem is not many posters so the activity level is lower.

    digrar is the definition of idiot. He would censor posts (as in delete) that actually had content (i.e. good links) like the one
    recently by osobist that had no infraction aspects to them. His dog avatar is appropriate. Instead of being a mod he
    should spend his days digging through his backyard together with his dog.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3597
    Points : 3632
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:16 am

    kvs wrote:Nice to see some of the posters I liked to follow join this forum.  

    This forum has a less organized format (not a criticism, I don't find it a problem) than MP but the main
    problem is not many posters so the activity level is lower.

    digrar is the definition of idiot.   He would censor posts (as in delete) that actually had content (i.e. good links) like the one
    recently by osobist that had no infraction aspects to them.   His dog avatar is appropriate.   Instead of being a mod he
    should spend his days digging through his backyard together with his dog.

    Digrar cleaned recently a part of discussion between a pro-Russian and a Pro-Ukrainian about the coup in Ukraine and legalities of Ukrainian political system. The Pro-Russian was "suspicious" because he was VERY well taught on the intricacies of the Ukrainian system. He knew the whole deal inside out (at somepoint I thought he was a former member). The Pro-Ukrainian was clearly at disadvantage; then boom. The guy's posts were wiped and I see he's banned.

    Strizh
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 135
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2014-05-06

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Strizh on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:54 am

    The "active" mods on mp.net seems like a bunch of uneducated rednecks, I simply can't find better words to describe them. I doubt anyone of them have a higher education.

    Hollis a veteran why not? Mostly the poor and uneducated join the army to get a job.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3597
    Points : 3632
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:11 am

    Because while most Mods on MP.net aren't Capitol material, most of them know HOW to behave. People like CJ will sound rude but they also know their depth. So you rarely see them taking chances on debates that will expose their indigence on the subject. But Hollis (and Flagg on some cases) is different. The guy will start a conversation as a normal poster, then his opinion will get hosed, to which he will reply with his putz.

    Also a veteran has a modicum of self-awareness. Hollis writes like a kid. At some pointit was excruciating. Maybe the Man has Alzheimer or something, but then again...

    Extra points for his "The US didn't lose in Viet Nam". "Viet Nam lost". Epitome of durak with red letters.

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  TR1 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:13 am

    Honestly, no different from a bunch of the non-Russian Russia strongers here, but I see your point.

    That guy Jacknola is a special kind of idiot.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3597
    Points : 3632
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:17 am

    TR1 wrote:Honestly, no different from a bunch of the non-Russian Russia strongers here, but I see your point.

    That guy Jacknola is a special kind of idiot.

    Jacknola/ Elfstone/ Mastermind those dudes are a special breed of Pizda.

    Oh and honest to God. I don't know if you had the chance to read "Monarchist" on MP.net. Wow, I almost posted with the backup account to ridicule the guy. Anyway, I'm sure he's here as well. So Monarchist Brate, no ill feelings, but you sound absolutely off the hook.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:34 am

    TR1 wrote:I had an alt troll account - Diabetus, recently.

    Was fun screwing with Linedoggie- and being banned when he was breaking forum conduct more so than me.


    So that was you? Man those posts made me laugh.

    DanilaMP
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 25
    Points : 27
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Age : 31
    Location : Sweden

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  DanilaMP on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:47 pm

    To be honest I loved mp.net even though I do agree that it was very biased when it came to mods, I got a recent infraction for flame bait, although I did not see the bait, but after reading, my own post about 4 times, I did realize what can be seen as a flame bait, although it was not intended as such, it was in reply to Dforce and his unbelievably stubborn facts, which are rather long stretched assumptions about RF regular troops fighting in Ukr. Some of the posters there, such as AIG, leupnitz, who is a next level tool, just rephrasing whatever some of the older Russia Weak crew would post, it never ceased to amaze me, and I did point it out in pm to several mods on several occasions that it is unfair that some pro-Russia or just neautral posters were banned, while people like Dforce, leupnitz, those two Romanian lads roamed free. Even though I disagree with him, and his ways of arguing, I cant say anything bad about LD, out of respect for his service history.

    I wonder if Camak is over at this site, I loved his style of argumentation, it was sharp and stylish, with humour.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3597
    Points : 3632
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:07 pm

    DanilaMP wrote:To be honest I loved mp.net even though I do agree that it was very biased when it came to mods, I got a recent infraction for flame bait, although I did not see the bait, but after reading, my own post about 4 times, I did realize what can be seen as a flame bait, although it was not intended as such, it was in reply to Dforce and his unbelievably stubborn facts, which are rather long stretched assumptions about RF regular troops fighting in Ukr. Some of the posters there, such as AIG, leupnitz, who is a next level tool, just rephrasing whatever some of the older Russia Weak crew would post, it never ceased to amaze me, and I did point it out in pm to several mods on several occasions that it is unfair that some pro-Russia or just neautral posters were banned, while people like Dforce, leupnitz, those two Romanian lads roamed free. Even though I disagree with him, and his ways of arguing, I cant say anything bad about LD, out of respect for his service history.

    I wonder if Camak is over at this site, I loved his style of argumentation, it was sharp and stylish, with humour.

    Didn't digrar banned him because he was supposed to be me? I felt bad for him.

    LD is an asshole. There isn't any lipstick you can put on it. His service didn't serve no educational purpose, bar vomiting propaganda and berating non-US people. In more than one occasion that idiot was openly racist. Oh and "Millions of Soviets died for nothing" rant from the Georgian Inbred and LineIdiot. That broke the internet. No words from the mods though. Btw I know where that idiot lives and I had a PM explanation, guy is just a nutcase without many friends, the army was his whole life and he can't adapt to anything else.

    MP.net member Johanness best caracterized those two (with Hollis) as third liners. Best never given any power anywhere.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15482
    Points : 16189
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  GarryB on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:39 pm

    Best part is when Linedoggie claimed back in the day, the Soviet Union sent free ressources to the 3rd Reich because they were allies etc.

    Hahaha... the friendship ended in 1933 when Hitler took power... before that both countries had something in common... both suffered from WWI by losing territory and not being treated well by the winners despite being no more guilty of starting that conflict than any other country.

    If 1941 Germany and the Soviet Union were allies then what was the point of the Molotov Rippentropp agreement?

    Why would allies need a non aggression pact?

    For those new migrants interested in joining our forum we have a section for new members for introductions and rules... please take the time to read the rules so you know what is what and also not that one of the rules requires an introduction thread to be created by you in the rules and introductions area. Please take the time to look at some of the other members intros so you have an idea of who you are talking to and create an intro thread for yourself... you can put your life story or just a few interests you might have... the more you put the more likely someone with a similar interest will find you.

    I am GarryB from Keypublishing from many years ago and on MP.net I was GazB... I was banned from Keypublishing for reporting a troll, and from MP.net for suggesting if there is no democracy in Russia (only Putin to vote for) that the west is not really that much more democratic... only two options in the US... only really one here in NZ, Australia... perhaps two in UK... not really a wide range of choices really. Anyway after being banned from KP I found MP.net and didn't really look back, but when I was banned from MP.net I found this place and really only followed two threads on MP.net... the russian pictures thread and the russian discussion thread... Hollis said my ban was for two weeks, but about four months after being banned I tried to post and found I was still banned so I never bothered posting again. I remember my early posting on MP.net having a few disagreements with Hollis... some of his ideas on suppressors were funny and I called him on it.... he was not happy. I suspect if I didn't know so much about Russian stuff I wouldn't have been allowed to stay as long as I did... now I am glad I can't post there... let them remain ignorant... Twisted Evil


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  macedonian on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:43 pm

    GaryB you need to rename this thread.
    May I suggest "Venting MP.net frustrations"?
    By the way, nice to see some of the posters I grew to appreciate over at MP.net posting here now.
    I guess I'll be visiting more frequently (like in the old days) LOL

    GarryB wrote:really only followed two threads on MP.net... the russian pictures thread...

    That's how I got there...by searching for Russian mil pics through Google.
    Wonder how many people share the exact same story...quite a few I reckon.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3597
    Points : 3632
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:07 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    Best part is when Linedoggie claimed back in the day, the Soviet Union sent free ressources to the 3rd Reich because they were allies etc.

    Hahaha... the friendship ended in 1933 when Hitler took power... before that both countries had something in common... both suffered from WWI by losing territory and not being treated well by the winners despite being no more guilty of starting that conflict than any other country.

    If 1941 Germany and the Soviet Union were allies then what was the point of the Molotov Rippentropp agreement?

    Why would allies need a non aggression pact?

    For those new migrants interested in joining our forum we have a section for new members for introductions and rules... please take the time to read the rules so you know what is what and also not that one of the rules requires an introduction thread to be created by you in the rules and introductions area. Please take the time to look at some of the other members intros so you have an idea of who you are talking to and create an intro thread for yourself... you can put your life story or just a few interests you might have... the more you put the more likely someone with a similar interest will find you.

    I am GarryB from Keypublishing from many years ago and on MP.net I was GazB... I was banned from Keypublishing for reporting a troll, and from MP.net for suggesting if there is no democracy in Russia (only Putin to vote for) that the west is not really that much more democratic... only two options in the US... only really one here in NZ, Australia... perhaps two in UK... not really a wide range of choices really. Anyway after being banned from KP I found MP.net and didn't really look back, but when I was banned from MP.net I found this place and really only followed two threads on MP.net... the russian pictures thread and the russian discussion thread... Hollis said my ban was for two weeks, but about four months after being banned I tried to post and found I was still banned so I never bothered posting again. I remember my early posting on MP.net having a few disagreements with Hollis... some of his ideas on suppressors were funny and I called him on it.... he was not happy. I suspect if I didn't know so much about Russian stuff I wouldn't have been allowed to stay as long as I did... now I am glad I can't post there... let them remain ignorant...   Twisted Evil

    We know who you are tovarich Gazbertski. ;-)

    Yeah well that's the deal with MP.net and will be even worse with TheMess. I'm about to submit my backup account there and am sure I will be able to "inflitrate". But so far it looks like a bitter version of MP.net with worse accountability. Oh and Airsoft killed MP.net reputation? Ha Ha Ha. With cave trolls like AIG and C. Puffs being there 24/7 (only god knows how such brilliant minds had anytime to do what they were doing in MP.net) there was nothing Airsofters could do to destroy MP.net.

    BTW I will miss a ton of people. Notably the whole German Nostalgia crew. Steak Sauce (we've done nuttin' wrong), Mackie (Russia is a corrupt hellhole...but we need the gas), Tyon now banned. I mean MP.net

    On Hollis, people with better understading of matters than him and without Soviet Background have called him flat out (check the Dave76/toad argument about CAS with hollis and the illiterate gang). You can effectively ask yourself how far up his Hollis has his brain. And it isn't even the worst.

    Honorable mention to the Israeli Rabies Crew. Camera, sporting the very name of Isreali Propaganda machine and not a single one to call him on that. That man was the idiot that didn't even knew which judge had a say on the whole Palestinian settlement issue. He just went along with the name and called him an Arab...Judge turned out to be subsaharian. And educated in Great Britain.

    Those were the days.

    Mac: Hell if I have cancer, I'll probably go out settling scores with some members ;-). Glad to see you here.

    Strizh
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 135
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2014-05-06

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Strizh on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:57 pm

    Hey guys could somebody pls repost all the pictures and videos still posted on mp.net these days? As it would give us a big advantage that the people could start migrating from mp.net to rd.net. Cause it still looks a little bit deserted here. It's a crucial time!

    DanilaMP
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 25
    Points : 27
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Age : 31
    Location : Sweden

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  DanilaMP on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:15 pm

    Strizh wrote:Hey guys could somebody pls repost all the pictures and videos still posted on mp.net these days? As it would give us a big advantage that the people could start migrating from mp.net to rd.net. Cause it still looks a little bit deserted here. It's a crucial time!

    Im trying to get some "educated" and decent posters over here, such as DasVivo, Vorph, Popeye, hopefully they will consider, and hopefully some of them will join, to be honest they are great posters, open minded, but I have to say that the fun on mp.net was to being able to argue with someone with a totally opposite view and that way learn new info or views or reinforce your views with great arguments, I just hope that this forum will not be a wholly "we love Russia, its the best" type of a forum, but an open discussion forum with mods being fare on both sides and not like mp.net, where any pro-RF/China/India stance would get you banned or suspended on most occasions.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:20 pm

    DanilaMP wrote:I just hope that this forum will not be a wholly "we love Russia, its the best" type of a forum, but an open discussion forum with mods being fare on both sides and not like mp.net, where any pro-RF/China/India stance would get you banned or suspended on most occasions.

    I'm afraid it is; but the good news is is that opposite views won't be banned by the mods or anything like that, all views are welcome here - albeit in practise it does tend to be very one-sided as most people with other views and without a high-enough interest in Russia to tough it out - are scared-off by the crackpots and excessive stronkers here.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:54 pm

    Just took a look at the bottom of the page..

    Most users ever online was 283 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:10 am

    Wow, looks like new records are going to be set on this forum daily. Right now we have +240 people online, and it's not peak-hour either.

    Exciting times ahead for rd.net
    TBH it feels like that South Park episode, when the immigrants from the future start popping up. No doubt we'll have a lot of clueless newbies here too.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:10 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    DanilaMP wrote:I just hope that this forum will not be a wholly "we love Russia, its the best" type of a forum, but an open discussion forum with mods being fare on both sides and not like mp.net, where any pro-RF/China/India stance would get you banned or suspended on most occasions.

    I'm afraid it is; but the good news is is that opposite views won't be banned by the mods or anything like that, all views are welcome here - albeit in practise it does tend to be very one-sided as most people with other views and without a high-enough interest in Russia to tough it out - are scared-off by the crackpots and excessive stronkers here.

    I am sorry but I have not seen a "Russia is the best!" ever. There are a lot of people who state though they deeply respect Russia (I myself) due to its policies and staying strong even if Europe is after its blood. WE do have crackpots though.

    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  macedonian on Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:12 pm

    Y'all have Cap'n Caz to blame for the sudden popularity of this forum, ever since he posted the link over at mp.net, people have been coming in droves here.

    Sponsored content

    Re: mp.net is closing?

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:27 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:27 pm