Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+6
GarryB
Werewolf
cheesfactory
Firebird
Regular
jhelb
10 posters

Can anyone ever fight as people do in movies

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Can anyone ever fight as people do in movies - Page 2 Empty Re: Can anyone ever fight as people do in movies

Post  Werewolf Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:03 pm

jhelb wrote:

GarryB wrote: I am 6'6 and it doesn't make me strong or tough... it just makes me a nice big target.

Actually GarryB, muggers will think twice before approaching someone of your height.

BTW: You probably will be a great find for the Tall Blacks or the Black Caps thumbsup

That is why he will fall quickly, because he probably in his life never had been fighting and probably does not know how a punch feels. tongue
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Can anyone ever fight as people do in movies - Page 2 Empty Re: Can anyone ever fight as people do in movies

Post  collegeboy16 Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:26 am

continuing from my earlier post:
    when faced with your opponents, watch for their hands - rape faces dont kill, hands do.

also, remember most of the time your attacker will have lesser damage threshold - break a bone and he/she will most likely run away. this is more apparent amongst muggers and your run of the mill hooligans. however if you are up against someone who really, really wants to kill you (wtf were you doing to warrant such attention anyways?) running or disarming/neutralizing them is all you can do.

also against a group, take care not to get encircled - or youll be eating fists while under a full nelson. watch out for tell tale signs of someone who is going to lunge at you, make sure you have space to backpedal to or a fist at the ready.

bringing a friend or two always helps - three people is optimal in my experience since you get to cover each other's blindspots when pressed to your backs.

and lastly- always try to pack some heat. ive no experience with guns, and the only things you could pass off as weapons that ive held were kitchen knives, scissors and maybe pliers? anyway firearms are best since they produce a lot of shock - fire a warning shot and rabble without guns would melt away, shoot someone and that someone would most likely run. the only people you are gonna have problems are those who really wanna kill you and people with extensive firearms experience - and those people are few and far in between, you should hope.

source: my 15 year old juvenile delinquent self.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:03 am

collegeboy16 wrote:continuing from my earlier post:
    when faced with your opponents, watch for their hands - rape faces dont kill, hands do.

Thanks collegeboy, good insight. I just hope that those muggers do not know Muay Thai , else one more thing to watch out for. Wink
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:09 pm

That is why he will fall quickly, because he probably in his life never had been fighting and probably does not know how a punch feels.

I do know how to take a punch... I am the youngest of 7 children...

Most people could probably beat me up if they had professional training, but I would probably not be worth it because I would fight nasty... eyes and testicles... they stop hitting you when you gouge their eyes out and get a good hold of their plumbs if you know what I mean... Twisted Evil
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:11 pm

GarryB wrote:
    That is why he will fall quickly, because he probably in his life never had been fighting and probably does not know how a punch feels.

I do know how to take a punch... I am the youngest of 7 children...

Most people could probably beat me up if they had professional training, but I would probably not be worth it because I would fight nasty... eyes and testicles... they stop hitting you when you gouge their eyes out and get a good hold of their plumbs if you know what I mean...  Twisted Evil

Your brothers teached you how to fight from Karate kids movies?
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:46 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    heh, wax on, wax off.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:52 am

Not relevant... karate kid movie did not exist when I was growing up... by the time they were made was too late to learn anything from them.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:59 pm

GarryB wrote:

Not relevant... karate kid movie did not exist when I was growing up... by the time they were made was too late to learn anything from them.

Your bushy eyebrows are weak in you sensei.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:07 pm

I did boxing, kickboxing/muaythai. Was competing till age of 18. Then exams started, then life on my own and etc. And it stopped what looked like promising future. Oh yeah and extra weight didn't help too as I didn't use it as advantage. Not long ago I fought in charity boxing with my pal. Both of us were terrible even if we have tons of medals from not so distant past:)
    But have big experience in street fighting and usually not on defenders side. Things I've learned there, know the right people, have their phone numbers or play russian roullette with your health.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 am