Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Agriculture News

    Share

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  George1 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:14 am

    Russia’s Leningrad Region and Hungary to Expand Cooperation in Agriculture

    According to region's press service, the Leningrad Region and Hungary will develop cooperation in agriculture and exchange experiences and technology in crop research, storage, processing and shipping vegetables.

    St Petersburg (Sputnik) — The Leningrad Region and Hungary will develop cooperation in agriculture and exchange experiences and technology in crop research, storage, processing and shipping vegetables, and constructing and upgrading dairy farms, the region's press service reported.

    “Leningrad Region Vice Governor and Chairman of the Committee on Economic Development and Investment Activity Dmitry Yalov and authorized representative of the Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade for developing relations with Russia, Gyula Budai, said during their working meeting that they are interested in developing cooperation in agro-industrial technology, veterinary medicine, housing and utilities, and environmental security,” the press service reported.

    This is the third meeting between the heads of the Leningrad Region and Hungarian representatives this year. The meetings participants discussed the possibility of using modern Hungarian technology in the agro-industrial complex, housing and utilities, energy-saving, construction, and transport.

    The Leningrad Region and Hungary cooperate on the basis of an economic cooperation agreement signed by the Leningrad Region government and the Hungarian Ministry of Economy and Transport on December 7, 2007. Since January 2012, the Hungarian Ministry of National Development has been in charge of its implementation.

    The Leningrad Region supplies Hungary with inorganic chemistry products, electrical machines, equipment and rubber, and buys from the country electrical machines and industrial equipment.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/business/20151022/1028914159/Russia-Hungary-Agriculture.html#ixzz3pMRM5kbH


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:15 pm

    http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151025/1029088910/resourceful-russian-learn-make-home-products.html

    This article is somewhat interesting. As it doesnt seem to point out all the major new cheese making companies in Russia, it does point out how cheese making kits for make at home cheese has increased in sales drastically. So it appears, much like how huge amounts of Russians grow their own veggies/fruits, now are making their own cheeses.

    This is good and bad. Good for individuals. Bad for economy as it will tie into these major companies industries. But it could sprout a new profitable industry of DIY and farmer market sales.

    I guess its a wait and see kinda thing.

    Karl Haushofer
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 635
    Points : 634
    Join date : 2015-05-03

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  Karl Haushofer on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:46 pm

    People making and growing their own food is always good (as long as they are not FORCED to do so). It tends to be healthier and free of additives. I would love to make my own cheese Very Happy

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:19 pm

    Arla Foods and "Molvest" launched a new production at Voronezh

    Milk Holding "Molvest" with Arla Foods launches in the Voronezh region Cheese production capacity up to 9000 tons per year. Total investments amounted to 60 million rubles.

    РИА Новости http://ria.ru/economy/20151102/1312653964.html#ixzz3qNKYK2fh

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2130
    Points : 2245
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  higurashihougi on Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:43 pm

    From RT, proprosal from SP party about land distribution

    https://www.rt.com/politics/320634-leftists-propose-free-land-distribution/

    The Fair Russia party has prepared a bill proposing the free handout of 1 hectare land plots to all citizens, claiming that such a measure would increase the strength of the middle class in the country, help agriculture and the development of unpopulated regions.

    The bill was drafted Tuesday by the head of the Fair Russia parliamentary caucus, Sergey Mironov, and MP Oleg Nilov of the same party. The current version of the document allows certain categories of citizens, such as families with many children, disabled persons and people whose profession includes hard physical labor to receive 1 hectare (2.47 acres) of free land from the state to build a home and start a farm for personal use or a commercial agricultural enterprise.

    At the same time, some categories of citizens, such as convicts who have not served their sentences and all people convicted of corruption crimes would not be allowed to participate in the program.

    According to the bill, the land will be first granted for free use for a period of five years. After that, state bodies will check if the plot is used for the declared purposes and allow prolongation of its free use or make it the homeowner’s permanent property.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:32 am

    Record harvest of rice in Kuban

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2537
    Points : 2670
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  kvs on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:40 am

    higurashihougi wrote:From RT, proprosal from SP party about land distribution

    https://www.rt.com/politics/320634-leftists-propose-free-land-distribution/

    The Fair Russia party has prepared a bill proposing the free handout of 1 hectare land plots to all citizens, claiming that such a measure would increase the strength of the middle class in the country, help agriculture and the development of unpopulated regions.

    The bill was drafted Tuesday by the head of the Fair Russia parliamentary caucus, Sergey Mironov, and MP Oleg Nilov of the same party. The current version of the document allows certain categories of citizens, such as families with many children, disabled persons and people whose profession includes hard physical labor to receive 1 hectare (2.47 acres) of free land from the state to build a home and start a farm for personal use or a commercial agricultural enterprise.

    At the same time, some categories of citizens, such as convicts who have not served their sentences and all people convicted of corruption crimes would not be allowed to participate in the program.

    According to the bill, the land will be first granted for free use for a period of five years. After that, state bodies will check if the plot is used for the declared purposes and allow prolongation of its free use or make it the homeowner’s permanent property.

    Russia already went through this during the 1990s. None of these microfarms will be economically viable and will disappear in a few years.
    Why go through this nonsense again? Russian agriculture has finally reached a normal mode of development and now some clowns want
    to start with the retarded social engineering again. I would say that these clowns are malicious towards Russia.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:45 am

    kvs wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:From RT, proprosal from SP party about land distribution

    https://www.rt.com/politics/320634-leftists-propose-free-land-distribution/

    The Fair Russia party has prepared a bill proposing the free handout of 1 hectare land plots to all citizens, claiming that such a measure would increase the strength of the middle class in the country, help agriculture and the development of unpopulated regions.

    The bill was drafted Tuesday by the head of the Fair Russia parliamentary caucus, Sergey Mironov, and MP Oleg Nilov of the same party. The current version of the document allows certain categories of citizens, such as families with many children, disabled persons and people whose profession includes hard physical labor to receive 1 hectare (2.47 acres) of free land from the state to build a home and start a farm for personal use or a commercial agricultural enterprise.

    At the same time, some categories of citizens, such as convicts who have not served their sentences and all people convicted of corruption crimes would not be allowed to participate in the program.

    According to the bill, the land will be first granted for free use for a period of five years. After that, state bodies will check if the plot is used for the declared purposes and allow prolongation of its free use or make it the homeowner’s permanent property.

    Russia already went through this during the 1990s.   None of these microfarms will be economically viable and will disappear in a few years.
    Why go through this nonsense again?   Russian agriculture has finally reached a normal mode of development and now some clowns want
    to start with the retarded social engineering again.   I would say that these clowns are malicious towards Russia.
    But: http://naturalhomes.org/naturalliving/russian-dacha.htm

    Seems to have worked well though.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  George1 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 am

    Land grant: Govt drafts bill for ‘1-hectare per Russian’ in Far East

    Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has ordered the cabinet to draft the bill allowing every Russian citizen to get 1 hectare land plot in the Far East for free on condition that the land would not be passed on or rented to foreigners.

    The PM ordered the development of a special web service that would allow Russians to get all the necessary papers confirming their property rights remotely and with a minimum of red tape. The plots will be divided from land that’s currently federal and municipal property.

    The explanations to the bill, released on the government website on Tuesday, say Russian authorities expect the free land handover to attract more people to the Far East Federal District, to slow or stop the outward migration of locals and boost the socio-economic development of the territory.

    The bill also prohibits any use of land plots received for free by foreign citizens. It specifically details all types of legal schemes used in real estate to get around this and bans them – for example actual sale, passing as a gift, renting out, trust management, free use, etc.

    The idea of a ‘Russian Homestead Act’ was first proposed in mid-January this year by the presidential envoy to the Far East Federal District Yury Trutnev, who proposed offering large land plots for free to anyone who resettled to the Russian Far East to start a farm or other business. The plan also included the handover of one-hectare plots, a ban on selling the received land and a five-year trial period.

    As Trutnev presented his plan to the press, he said President Vladimir Putin had called the initiative correct in principle and noted that similar programs had been successfully implemented historically in Siberia. Putin also urged all responsible officials to be precise and cautious when detailing the conditions for land ownership.

    Recently a similar bill was prepared by MPs from the center-left party Fair Russia, who claimed that a free land handover would increase the strength of the middle class in the country, help agriculture and the development of unpopulated regions. However, the leftists’ bill was not limited to the Far East Federal District and allowed for the handout of land plots throughout Russia.

    https://www.rt.com/politics/322404-government-drafts-bill-on-free/


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  George1 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:57 pm

    Russia capable of becoming world’s biggest supplier of healthy food — Putin

    Russia is capable of becoming the biggest global supplier of healthy, eco-friendly, high-quality food, which certain western producers have been lacking for a long time already, Russian President said

    MOSCOW, December 3. /TASS/. Russia is capable of becoming the world’s leading supplier of healthy food, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at his annual state of the nation address to the Federal Assembly on Thursday.

    "We won’t only be able to feed ourselves given our land, water resources. Russia is capable of becoming the biggest global supplier of healthy, eco-friendly, high-quality food, which certain western producers have been lacking for a long time already," President said, adding that the global demand for such products is on the rise.

    "In order to solve those ambitious tasks it’s necessary to focus resources on backing first of all those enterprises, which are demonstrating high efficiency. The program of the agricultural sector should be based on those principles. I mean large, medium-sized and small enterprises should all be effective. I’m asking the Agriculture Ministry to pay a special attention to it," Putin said.

    Russia's agriculture saw rapid progress over a short period of time, Russia's President Vladimir Putin said.

    "Last year exports of agriculture from Russia reached almost $20 bln, which is a quarter higher than revenue from military exports, and is around a third of gas export values. Our agriculture saw this rapid progress over a short yet fruitful period," he said. "Only 10 years ago we bought half of food products from abroad, we depended critically on imports. Now, Russia is among exporters, thanks to the farmers," he added.

    Earlier, Russia's Agriculture Minister Alexander Tkachev said Russia could export 30 mln tonnes of grain in the current agricultural year (July-June), which is half a tonne lower than the previous year.


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2130
    Points : 2245
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  higurashihougi on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:20 am

    @flaming python: a number of Vietnamese fruits, vegie and seafood will make their appearance in St. Peterburg soon Very Happy Very Happy

    http://vn.sputniknews.com/vietnam/20151209/948938.html?utm_source=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com&utm_medium=short_url&utm_content=anPh&utm_campaign=URL_shortening (originally in Vietnamese)

    Dunno which are Russian's favourite fruits ? Very Happy Very Happy

    Việt Nam will provide fruits, seafood and vegetables to St. Peterburg, Mayor Georgy Poltavchenko has announced this information to the media today.

    "Our Vietnamese colleagues have great interest at X5 Retail. They mentioned in details about the supplying of fruits, seafood and vegetables to St. Peterburg via the company (?). This is a promising development if we consider the free trade zone between Vietnam and Eurasian Economic Zone", Mr. Poltavchenko said.

    (...)

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:03 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:@flaming python: a number of Vietnamese fruits, vegie and seafood will make their appearance in St. Peterburg soon Very Happy Very Happy

    http://vn.sputniknews.com/vietnam/20151209/948938.html?utm_source=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com&utm_medium=short_url&utm_content=anPh&utm_campaign=URL_shortening (originally in Vietnamese)

    Dunno which are Russian's favourite fruits ? Very Happy  Very Happy

    Việt Nam will provide fruits, seafood and vegetables to St. Peterburg, Mayor Georgy Poltavchenko has announced this information to the media today.

    "Our Vietnamese colleagues have great interest at X5 Retail. They mentioned in details about the supplying of fruits, seafood and vegetables to St. Peterburg via the company (?). This is a promising development if we consider the free trade zone between Vietnam and Eurasian Economic Zone", Mr. Poltavchenko said.

    (...)

    Awesome Cool

    Does Vietnam export Tuna? Coz our Tuna seems to come only from Thailand and Spain and they're pretty expensive, need more competition to drive down the prices.

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2130
    Points : 2245
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  higurashihougi on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:08 pm

    Yes, we do export tuna to Russia. Recently the export increased significantly, although still not the largest.

    BTW dunno if Russians may like this

    http://bandantoctongiao.org/uploads/219_12_sau-rieng.jpg

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:08 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:Yes, we do export tuna to Russia. Recently the export increased significantly, although still not the largest.

    BTW dunno if Russians may like this

    http://bandantoctongiao.org/uploads/219_12_sau-rieng.jpg

    Giant lychees? Looks like that.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:14 pm

    Could be durans.

    Hig, do these things smell like rotting meat when you break them open, but taste super sweet?

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2130
    Points : 2245
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:49 am

    sepheronx wrote:Could be durans.

    Hig, do these things smell like rotting meat when you break them open, but taste super sweet?

    Yes, that's duran Very Happy

    Duran possess both "fragrant" and "rotten" chemicals. So, depends on which kinds of aroma get into your nose first, or your nose is more sensitive to which.

    That's why some people claim that duran smells like rotten meat, but some claim duran smells very nice. Both sides are all true.

    Personally I love duran, both the smell and the taste.

    Anyway, I also like Jackfruit. Different fruit with more or less similar apperance. Very Happy http://www.trongraulamvuon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/mitnghe.jpg

    A Different Voice
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 50
    Points : 52
    Join date : 2015-11-12

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  A Different Voice on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:36 pm

    While Russia's current policies will create benefits in the long run, it cannot be denied that there are some negative effects in the short run.

    CBR decares shortages of banned food

    Import substitution can be a good thing, but it does come at a cost.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:39 pm

    A Different Voice wrote:While Russia's current policies will create benefits in the long run, it cannot be denied that there are some negative effects in the short run.

    CBR decares shortages of banned food

    Import substitution can be a good thing, but it does come at a cost.

    Shortages of some stuff here and there are nothing new but Moscow Times is not exactly considered a credible source...

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:00 pm

    The article contradicts itself regarding massive meat increase but drop in sausage.... thats meat.

    Anyway, it really doesnt say what products other than cereal which Russia was barely importing any anyway as they were their own largest producer,  i would take it with a grain of salt.

    The moscow times is a Finnish company and sure enough Finland is also sanctioned.  So you can put two to two together.

    That said, I hope Russia starts . Helsinki today or some other news to pull the same stunts on them.

    ExBeobachter1987
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 443
    Points : 443
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 28
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:09 pm

    sepheronx wrote:The moscow times is a Finnish company and sure enough Finland is also sanctioned.  So you can put two to two together.


    • The Moscow Times was owned by Finnish Sanoma, it was not Finnish.
    • This year, it was sold to a Russian owner.


    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:41 pm

    Bad decision to purchase it due to its poor image.

    That said, the article is missing data.  So long as the data isnt available, then it is easy to pass off.  They dont state what is the demand, consumption rate or production rate itself.  It is an article, but lacking substance.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:34 pm

    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:The moscow times is a Finnish company and sure enough Finland is also sanctioned.  So you can put two to two together.


    • The Moscow Times was owned by Finnish Sanoma, it was not Finnish.
    • This year, it was sold to a Russian owner.


    And who is the editor? Wink

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:36 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:The moscow times is a Finnish company and sure enough Finland is also sanctioned.  So you can put two to two together.


    • The Moscow Times was owned by Finnish Sanoma, it was not Finnish.
    • This year, it was sold to a Russian owner.


    And who is the editor? Wink

    It really doesn't matter anymore.

    What matters though, is the content.  Here is the whole article:


    Russian food producers failed to meet market requirements in most categories, according to a report published Friday by the Central Bank, the Kommersant newspaper reported. - (Link?)

    In the report, the Central Bank sums up the results of an "import substitution" agenda that was introduced because of the restrictions on food imports from the United States, the European Union, Canada, Norway and Australia.

    Imposed last August in retaliation for Western sanctions, the import restrictions have boosted Russian food industry — the report revealed growth in meat and dairy production, with a significant 25 percent increase of beef and potato output. Fish and sausage production suffered a small decline - (Sausage is part of meat processing.  Citation is needed), falling by 5 and 4 percent respectively.

    However, the Central Bank said that the development of domestic food industry so far has failed to fill the gap left by the embargo, Kommersant reported. (in what areas and what fields?  Which part of it?  CBR isn't Rosstat and there hasn't been citation yet).

    "Although the percentage of Russian products has increased, the total market volume that includes both domestic and imported products, has decreased - (What?  That makes no sense.  Of course volume in market due to import dropping when you are counting imports, will drop.  That is why you do not count it as a whole)," the report says.

    The shortages have led to soaring food prices with prices of key products rising sharply — cereals and beans prices showed the biggest increase (49.2 percent) - (Citation needed.  What key products have raised sharply?), a government analytical center revealed in a "Food Embargo" bulletin published this August.

    Here is official data:
    Food production in Russia increased by 2.1%
    According to Rosstat, in the 10 months. 2015 production of food products and beverages increased by 2.1% compared with the APPG, including in October 2015 - by 2% compared to October 2014 and 2.7% in September 2015.

    Production of meat and meat products in January-October 2015 increased by 5.2% (to the APPG), processing and canning of fish and fish products increased by 1.9%, dairy products increased by 2.2%, flour, cereal production grew 2,4%, manufacture of prepared animal feeds - 7.9%, production of other food products - by 2.4%.

    The decline at the end of 10 months. 2015 (with respect to 10 months. 2014) is marked in the processing and canning of fruits and vegetables (-1.1%), production of vegetable oils and fats (-2.5%), manufacture of beverages (-1.8%).

    Russian agriculture in the lead

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2130
    Points : 2245
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  higurashihougi on Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:22 am

    I dunno if this is in the right topic, but...

    https://www.rt.com/news/326679-moscow-winter-warm-temperatures/

    Winters in Russia are usually not for the faint of heart. From temperatures buried in the negatives to cities grinding to a halt due to snowfall, it’s essential you’re winter-ready. This year though, it’s panned out a little differently.

    People may not be basking in sunshine but with Monday temperatures in Moscow and St. Petersburg at 9 Celsius (48.2 Fahrenheit), it’s certainly milder than people are used to. Social media has been alight with imagery that wouldn’t look out of place in spring time Russia, with trees blossoming and normally snow-laden landscapes now green.

    Python, is it also warm in St. Peterburg ? Very Happy

    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1523
    Points : 1686
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  TheArmenian on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:28 pm

    Putin this, Putin that.... Now Putin is the cause of a Russian Pork production boom:

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-04/putin-sparks-russia-pork-boom-as-import-ban-expands-hog-breeding

    Porky Poroshenko is now jealous.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Agriculture News

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:11 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:11 am