Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    A Russian invasion of US

    Share

    henriksoder
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 24
    Points : 41
    Join date : 2015-04-03

    A Russian invasion of US

    Post  henriksoder on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:19 pm

    I am courios about knowing the opportunities of Russia to invande North America from Bering Strait. I have seen that Russia got many military bases near the Bering Strait in Russia and want to discuss differents aspects and facts of a such invasion.

    Russia must have Canada allied to success a such invasion, right? Becouse Russian troops need to be supported with supplies if they should make it to US. First, Russia must stabilze Canada to compete US, right? Have US much military forces in Alaska, becouse Russia can surely beat Alaska, and how is the opportunities to stabilze military zones in Canada for a Russian invasion of US? I mean, food shoulden't be any problem, but supplies to the military eqiupment should also be to be foreseen? Have Russia a strong navy enough to beat US's many carriars and submarines, it kind seems funny to seet in all Russian corvetttes to fight US navy? Can Russia stabilze antiaircraft near the Bering Strait and avoid that US take the control of the airspace and sea and win the war? If Russia can stabilze antiaircraft and control the sea at Bering Strait, it shoulden't be any problem to stabilze military bases at North America and beat US, right? Canada and Alaska, Russia beat easily, and how strong is the home US army actually? I mean they got like less then a third then Russian tanks, and many vechiles, and much more aircraft's and helicopters than Russia, Russia must take substantially all their army to beat North America? And that seems pretty illogial for Russian security.

    Any other facts and opinions about a such invasion? How strong is US army amongs Russian army actually?

    /Henrik

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  max steel on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 pm

    Laughing Very Happy . There is nothing in US which Russia wants to invade except dismantling its nuclear silos . But US neocons wants the reverse . Mad

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:36 pm

    Already been done....they'll sneak up in container ships Cool


    mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 923
    Points : 983
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  mack8 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:43 pm

    henriksoder wrote:I am courios about knowing the opportunities of Russia to invande North America from Bering Strait. I have seen that Russia got many military bases near the Bering Strait in Russia and want to discuss differents aspects and facts of a such invasion.

    Russia must have Canada allied to success a such invasion, right? Becouse Russian troops need to be supported with supplies if they should make it to US. First, Russia must stabilze Canada to compete US, right? Have US much military forces in Alaska, becouse Russia can surely beat Alaska, and how is the opportunities to stabilze military zones in Canada for a Russian invasion of US? I mean, food shoulden't be any problem, but supplies to the military eqiupment should also be to be foreseen? Have Russia a strong navy enough to beat US's many carriars and submarines, it kind seems funny to seet in all Russian corvetttes to fight US navy? Can Russia stabilze antiaircraft near the Bering Strait and avoid that US take the control of the airspace and sea and win the war? If Russia can stabilze antiaircraft and control the sea at Bering Strait, it shoulden't be any problem to stabilze military bases at North America and beat US, right? Canada and Alaska, Russia beat easily, and how strong is the home US army actually? I mean they got like less then a third then Russian tanks, and many vechiles, and much more aircraft's and helicopters than Russia, Russia must take substantially all their army to beat North America? And that seems pretty illogial for Russian security.

    Any other facts and opinions about a such invasion? How strong is US army amongs Russian army actually?

    /Henrik

    Are you serious? Rolling Eyes

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 894
    Points : 951
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:46 pm

    Let us pretend he's serious.

    Conducting such an invasion would require establishing a supply route for 2-2.5 mln soldiers and to do so, Russia would have ro first defeat the US Navy altogether and that would be extremely hard. Look at how hard it was for us Germans to supply our forces in USSR during WW2, multiply the difficulty factor by 5 - and you'll know what kind of problems a Russian invasion force in USA would face. Invasions of big countries work well in movies but not so much in the real world.

    During the Cold War USSR NEVER planned to invade US mainland. The entire Soviet war planning was geared towards defeating NATO forces in Europe and Soviet Navy in particular was tailor made for disrupting US supply routes to Western Europe - hence they concentrated so much on submarine warfare but not on aircraft carriers.

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  max steel on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:08 pm

    Keeping this invasion part apart . Why you think its difficult for Russia to completely destroy US navy ?

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:18 pm

    max steel wrote:Keeping this invasion part apart . Why you think its difficult for Russia to completely destroy US navy ?

    Many times smaller in size would be the main reason. If they can not destroy it by surprise with Shkval torpedoes to destroy entire fleets with one strike it will shift from offensive to defensive very quickly that will result in losing entirely the logistical and supply chain which will leave the present soldiers on US soil cut off and they will be wiped out. Unlike most countries the US has an unique geographic position which not only makes it almost impossible to get their, but it also is completley unnecessary, since they do not have any resources of value enough to wage a totaliratrian war for several decades, or a very short and nuclear hot one.

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 894
    Points : 951
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:22 pm

    How do you destroy world's largest navy using pretty much submarines alone? Do you know how goddamn downsized Russian Navy got since 1991?

    As Werewolf already pointed out, invasion of mainland US is utterly pointless. Costs would outweight benefits several times. Such an operation could only be conducted by Mexico if it became strong enough and built a large army.

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  max steel on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:43 pm

    RUSSIAN NAVY WITH CHINESE NAVY CAN ISN'T IT ? CHINA HAS Larger navy than usa ( no aircraft carriers thought but it can be taken care off with missiles ) .

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:55 pm

    max steel wrote:RUSSIAN NAVY WITH CHINESE NAVY CAN ISN'T IT ? CHINA HAS Larger navy than usa ( no aircraft carriers thought but it can be taken care off with missiles ) .

    For what purpose? There is no point seazing soil that holds no valuable resources which Asian continent already has in far bigger amounts than one can even imagine. There is a reason why constantly the "civilized west" attacked russia not the otherway around. Parasites always tend to go where Resources are.

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  max steel on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:35 pm

    Its a hypothetical thread . We can ask such hypothetical stuff . So can Russia and China navy can take care of usnavy in pacific .

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4467
    Points : 4658
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:18 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:How do you destroy world's largest navy using pretty much submarines alone? Do you know how goddamn downsized Russian Navy got since 1991?

    As Werewolf already pointed out, invasion of mainland US is utterly pointless. Costs would outweight benefits several times. Such an operation could only be conducted by Mexico if it became strong enough and built a large army.

    200-300 tactical nukes could annihilate any conventional military in the world, US not excluded.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:34 pm

    Theoratically speaking yes, but only when you are optimistic for one side and pessimistic for the other, in reality that will end up with all 3 countries and their fleets all sunk, no left navy nor logistics to maintain a supply chain to conquer the US mainland. It is not realistic at all.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4467
    Points : 4658
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:46 pm

    Werewolf wrote:Theoratically speaking yes, but only when you are optimistic for one side and pessimistic for the other, in reality that will end up with all 3 countries and their fleets all sunk, no left navy nor logistics to maintain a supply chain to conquer the US mainland. It is not realistic at all.

    Even if only tactical nukes were involved, and nothing bigger, I agree everyone would probably lose. Ironically the side that's nuclear saber rattling the most is the NATO side, with talks about using tactical nuke bunker busters against Iran, and continuing placing the Euro Meatshield bases in Eastern Europe while supposedly against Iran a country that they successfully brokered a deal on nuclear enrichment, which means the Meatshield is really targeting Russia because they plan on continuing the program.

    On that same note, here's why Raytheon is the most OVERRATED aerospace defense conglomerate in the world:

    The Pentagon’s $10-billion bet gone bad

    $10 bln down the drain? US spends billions on 'ineffective' missile defense systems

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  max steel on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:48 pm

    Now I reverse my question . Can US invade RF and PRC ?

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  max steel on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:54 pm

    Someone stated that Russia fulfill Boeing's demand of Titanium by supplying them 80 % . If Russia retaliates ( don't know when they'll get rid of their passive diplomacy ) , how one of the largest MIC company will even work ? Twisted Evil

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:09 pm

    max steel wrote:Now I reverse my question . Can US invade RF and PRC ?

    Non of those countries can defeat the other country on their own soil. The strongest in defensive would be Russia, due its vast spending on the last decades for exactly the case of defeating NATO armies on their own soil, logistcally not the strongest but neither are China nor US in the position of attacking force against russia. The entire NATO has no logistics to deploy any serious armies on russian front. The only thread in NATO is obviously the US, UK, France,Turkey,Poland and that it is actually, but even among those armies only UK posses logistical capacities to even deploy anything of the size of divsion rapidly enough on eastern front. The rest of NATO logistaclly speaking for an offensive, has no capacities in logistics. For example, Germany, Poland, Czech, Holland, France and Australia need Antonov 124 from russian companies like Dnepr, they constantly lease them to bring Leopard2 and Tiger helicopters along with Pzh2000 over Russian military bases in Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan to deploy them in Afghanistan. The entire NATO supply chain for European theatre goes 100% only through germany, meaning it is a the main threat and interest, tactical nuking of NATO logistical bases in germany would stop the invasion on its start, leaving eastern european NATO countries like Poland locked from supply and they would be fought untill the last pole and czech soldier when it comes to US.

    In case of Russian invasion of US we already cleared it, the US is the weakest among those three countries of its defensive, inland, capabilities, but it has one very strong and outweighting point, its strategic geopolitical position, military speaking a fortress at least for the navies on this globe.

    China is well enough protected from invasion over Siberia, the deployment for Russia would take far to long to even form a significant front against China. PRC is very strong when it comes to inland logistics, manpower and the kings of every battlefield (artillery). They pretty much can sustain decade long war, regardless if their navy gets destroyed, Chinas military power is very well suited to defeat even Superpowers on its own soil.

    They are pretty much immune to each other for an invasion from each other, that would lead only to destroyed armies of invaders, destroyed navies of every involved country, destroyed Europe due its NATO aggreement and logistical and strategical Meatshield for US with millions deaths and i speak only about conventional warfare with limited theatre deployed nukes, evading strategic deployment of nukes.

    No one wins and everyone losses without a single gain.

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  max steel on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:17 pm

    I asked a) can us invade russia ? b) can usa invade china ?



    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:21 pm

    max steel wrote:Someone stated that Russia fulfill Boeing's demand of Titanium by supplying them 80 % . If Russia retaliates ( don't know when they'll get rid of their passive diplomacy ) , how one of the largest MIC company will even work ? Twisted Evil

    They will be bound to buy their Russian titanium indirect via european or asian countries, leaving them with higher costs while those european and asian countries make profit with russian titanium which they sell to US.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:23 pm

    max steel wrote:I asked a) can us invade russia ? b) can usa invade china ?


    I thought i answered that. No, the US even with entire NATO, they can not invade Russia nor does the US and NATO have the logistical or military capability to even get to Russian or Chinese soil without getting wiped out at their logistical routes.


    EDIT:

    Made an embarrassing mistake here.

    copters along with Pzh2000 over Russian military bases in Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan to deploy them in Afghanistan.

    Not over Azerbaijan but over Uzbekistan. Embarassed

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  max steel on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:34 pm

    You mentioned Poland . Are you serious ? Even my country can level the whole poland .

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:47 pm

    max steel wrote:You mentioned Poland . Are you serious ? Even my country can level the whole poland .

    South Pole has strategic weapons?

    I guess Santa Claus won't be happy to hear about that. You should fear some sanctions on X-mas.

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 894
    Points : 951
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:50 pm

    Technically saying, US is not able to occupy even a mid sized country for more than a few years. If US invaded Germany, it would have to withdraw after max. 5 years due to heavy casualties

    As for potential invasion or Russia, I doubt many Euro countries would be willing to take part in it - of course excluding Poland, Baltics and Galician Ukrainians. US Army in Russia would face logistical shortages, harsh winter and would have to deal with raging partisan campaign in Belarus, Eastern Ukraine and Russia itself. I estimate that if Russians planned the entire campaign well, the invading force would collapse in less than a year and would not even reach Moscow.

    Werewolf - I've decided to remove you from my ignore list. Your knowledge expressed in various topics is good enough to redeem you in my eyes and I'm willing to forgive these few clashes we had in the past.

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  max steel on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:04 pm




    copters along with Pzh2000 over Russian military bases in Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan to deploy them in Afghanistan.

    Not over Azerbaijan but over Uzbekistan. Embarassed [/quote]

    I didn't get it .

    India can level Poland quite easily . They've nukes capable of hitting any nation in Europe , Oceania , Africa etc . US is still not in our reach though . lol1

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:26 pm

    Werewolf - I've decided to remove you from my ignore list. Your knowledge expressed in various topics is good enough to redeem you in my eyes and I'm willing to forgive these few clashes we had in the past.

    What an honor.

    Sponsored content

    Re: A Russian invasion of US

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:00 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:00 pm