Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+98
Cheetah
miketheterrible
A1RMAN
kopyo-21
pushkin
Viktor
OminousSpudd
eridan
Pincus Shain
ahmedfire
User 1592
HM1199
DerWolf
Singular_trafo
KiloGolf
auslander
william.boutros
Luq man
mack8
hoom
Rmf
Genjurooo
SeigSoloyvov
Redboy
tanino
Project Canada
triphosgene
KoTeMoRe
jaguar_br
Zivo
BKP
AK-Rex
Neutrality
Big_Gazza
artjomh
Sunbeam
Firebird
Vann7
Akula971
Isos
zg18
RTN
ult
Kimppis
x_54_u43
vultur
Hachimoto
TheArmenian
Berkut
JohninMK
marcellogo
Austin
Glyph
Mindstorm
VladimirSahin
GJ Flanker
mutantsushi
Pinto
havok
Mike E
kvs
par far
Cyrus the great
PapaDragon
chicken
max steel
Captain Nemo
Notio
franco
nemrod
magnumcromagnon
Cyberspec
Manov
2SPOOKY4U
Kyo
Morpheus Eberhardt
zepia
medo
Book.
GunshipDemocracy
Svyatoslavich
Flanky
wilhelm
Ranxerox71
collegeboy16
higurashihougi
George1
EKS
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
Werewolf
victor1985
jhelb
flamming_python
GarryB
sepheronx
Alex555
type055
102 posters

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 5 Empty Re: PAK-FA, T-50: News #3

Post  Stealthflanker Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:11 am

So..i wonder when PAKFA will demonstrate weapon release..particularly from its weapon bay.
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:17 am

2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    Berkut wrote:
    2SPOOKY4U wrote:Are people seriously using RVV-SD and RVV-BD etc as the names for missiles used on the PAK-FA?

That's amusing.

I am a stickler for designations but in this case, who cares. You thought it was R-77. Which is more wrong by an order of magnitude.

I still think it is an R-77 Smile

Ukraine make the R77

Ru make RVV AE
    2SPOOKY4U
    2SPOOKY4U

Post  2SPOOKY4U Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:27 am

Book. wrote:
    2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    Berkut wrote:
    2SPOOKY4U wrote:Are people seriously using RVV-SD and RVV-BD etc as the names for missiles used on the PAK-FA?

That's amusing.

I am a stickler for designations but in this case, who cares. You thought it was R-77. Which is more wrong by an order of magnitude.

I still think it is an R-77 Smile

Ukraine make the R77

Ru make RVV AE

RVV-AE is an export missile, Russia makes it, but it does not use it on domestic planes.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:39 am

Book. wrote:
    Ukraine make the R77

Ru make RVV AE

Vympel NPO is a Russian research and production company based near Moscow, mostly known for their air-to-air missiles. Other projects include SAM and ABM defenses. It was started in the Soviet era as an OKB (experimental design bureau).

I think what ukraine produced was some spare parts of the rockets , to speed the production..
    but the entire missile is done by Russian company. IS a russian missile.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 am

Interesting info I picked up from a member on keypublishing forums Jo Asakura:

http://pro.eltech.com/projects/gosudarstvennyy-zavod-pulsar-g-moskva

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?126959-The-PAK-FA-News-Pics-amp-Debate-Thread-XXIV&p=2230096#post2230096

Interesting recent overview of modernisation & retooling of NPP 'Pulsar' for the production of microwave integrated circuits and HEMTs (particularly GaN) for radar, including airborne applications. Project has been completed (use GT):

http://pro.eltech.com/projects/gosud...ulsar-g-moskva

It may be slightly dated because there are more recent advanced developments - which I'll refrain from posting for want of my subsequent post being titled 'Things to Do in Tokyo When You're Dead'.

So it appears that NPP Istok now makes GaN modules?

Berkut, if you are around, could you verify any info for me on this?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:27 am

sepheronx wrote:Interesting info I picked up from a member on keypublishing forums Jo Asakura:

http://pro.eltech.com/projects/gosudarstvennyy-zavod-pulsar-g-moskva

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?126959-The-PAK-FA-News-Pics-amp-Debate-Thread-XXIV&p=2230096#post2230096

Interesting recent overview of modernisation & retooling of NPP 'Pulsar' for the production of microwave integrated circuits and HEMTs (particularly GaN) for radar, including airborne applications. Project has been completed (use GT):

http://pro.eltech.com/projects/gosud...ulsar-g-moskva

It may be slightly dated because there are more recent advanced developments - which I'll refrain from posting for want of my subsequent post being titled 'Things to Do in Tokyo When You're Dead'.

So it appears that NPP Istok now makes GaN modules?

Berkut, if you are around, could you verify any info for me on this?

lol1 Talk about irony! The thread you contributed to the most had your answer all along, and it was answered almost a year ago...courtesy of 'Mindstorm':

Mindstorm wrote:
    Almaz-Antey Company promote the new development in the transistor and semiconductor design (in particular for AESA radar in the X and S band).

http://vpk.name/news/111855_Angstrem_zavershil_opyitnokonstruktorskuyu_razrabotku_Silovik6A.html

Very interesting in particular the development in the Ga-N element design , at today without foreign analogue

Кремниевый транзисторный ключ, используемый для модуляторов питания усилителей мощности на основе GaAs-транзисторов, является функциональным аналогом интеллектуального ключа – BTS640 фирмы Infineon Technologies AS (Германия).

Для кремниевого транзисторного ключа, используемого для модуляторов питания усилителей мощности на основе GaN-транзисторов, прямые отечественные и зарубежные аналоги отсутствуют.

The effects on this development trend on the efficiency of future ground , air and space based integrated sensor network for air and space defense and on the increased performances of new generation SAM  seekers are obvious   Smile .

https://www.russiadefence.net/t2824p30-scientific-and-innovation-development-of-russia#56386

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:31 am

Maybe this explains why we have not heard much about N036 besides a single test done? Maybe they are switching over to GaN based T/R modules? Or do we suspect something else?

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:38 pm

sepheronx wrote:Maybe this explains why we have not heard much about N036 besides a single test done?  Maybe they are switching over to GaN based T/R modules?  Or do we suspect something else?
    Maybe its just classified at this point. We can skim the surface of the developments of sections like the radar but that is it. I have family who flew for the VVS and I know plenty of people who have flown for the USAF, and all have said that the radar and avionics are the most classified part of combat aircraft and they are subsequently the hardest part to find the capabilities of it. I would not expect them to even report on any other tests besides the initial one.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Maybe this explains why we have not heard much about N036 besides a single test done?  Maybe they are switching over to GaN based T/R modules?  Or do we suspect something else?
    Maybe its just classified at this point. We can skim the surface of the developments of sections like the radar but that is it. I have family who flew for the VVS and I know plenty of people who have flown for the USAF, and all have said that the radar and avionics are the most classified part of combat aircraft and they are subsequently the hardest part to find the capabilities of it. I would not expect them to even report on any other tests besides the initial one.

Yes, you are definately right. As even to today, no one really knows what N001VEP radars performance is. And it isnt new.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Communication system for the PAK FA will be shown for the first time on the "Army 2015"

http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/2032088

MOSCOW, June 10. / TASS /. Combined Instrument Making Corporation (DIC, is a "Rostec") for the first time demonstrate the international military-technical forum "Army 2015" communication system for the Russian fifth generation fighter T-50 (PAK FA). This was reported on June 10 TASS in the press service of the defense industry.

"For the first time such an event will be presented to the complex of the C-111 for the fifth-generation fighter T-50 communications systems family" Buran "for the Navy, automated center" Antey "for the top management of the Land Forces, electronic warfare systems" Borisoglebsk-2 "and" infauna ", as well as individual items of automated control system tactical level (ACS TK)" - listed in the press-service.

As explained by the Deputy Director General of DIC Sergei Skokov tactical control system created under the concept of network-centric warfare, according to which success is achieved through information superiority over the enemy. The corporation stressed that the emerging communications equipment, navigation and data transmission allows you to associate a single information network of each fighter, reconnaissance, targeting, weapons and electronic warfare equipment. The situation on the battlefield is displayed online and can be controlled "to a whole new level of efficiency," noted in the defense industry. Such techniques today are equipped with advanced models of equipment, such as tanks on the platform of "Armata" fighting vehicles and armored personnel carriers on the platforms "Kurganets-25" and "Boomerang" armored "Typhoon".

Total DIC plans to submit to the "Army 2015" more than 100 models of new technology, and of the products will be demonstrated behind closed doors, said Skok. "The Corporation will demonstrate for the first time at the Forum members and the operator of the automated control system of the Strategic Missile Forces (RVSN ACS) of the new generation" - he said.

It will also have elements of equipment "future soldier" "Warrior", including the commander personal tablets, unified set of group management of mobile complexes with drones on KAMAZ chassis and a new short-range drone "Corsair".

Troops EKR demonstrate capabilities of the complex "Pantsir-S" in the forum "Army 2015"

International Military-Technical Forum "Army-2015" will be held from 16 to 19 June at the military-patriotic recreation park "Patriot" in Kubinka near Moscow.
    nemrod
    nemrod

Post  nemrod Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:25 pm

A few minutes ago, I've just learned that the PAK-FA T-50 program is frozen. Have you more news ?
    If it is correct it is not a bad news for Russia, as I've suspected the PAK-FA does not bring any add value comparing to the very effective SU-35 and Mig-35. If so, it could free the funds for more SU-35, and Mig-35, it seems to be a very good news if it is true. Could someone confirm this please.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:37 pm

nemrod wrote:A few minutes ago, I've just learned that the PAK-FA T-50 program is frozen. Have you more news ?

this is out of question. Frozen now that is in final stage of completion?
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:48 pm

nemrod wrote:A few minutes ago, I've just learned that the PAK-FA T-50 program is frozen. Have you more news ?
    If it is correct it is not a bad news for Russia, as I've suspected the PAK-FA does not bring any add value comparing to the very effective SU-35 and Mig-35. If so, it could free the funds for more SU-35, and Mig-35, it seems to be a very good news if it is true. Could someone confirm this please.

Link or source?
    It has been slowed down with only 12 aircraft planned by 2020 as opposed to 55. Was this what you are hearing?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:57 pm

No.

Initial plan is for 200-250 and the order is firm. They reduced how many are to be flown by 2020 and this was stated already Nemrod. T-50-5R will be flying in a month or so.
    Notio

Post  Notio Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Are you some kind of a troll? If you make a claim like that, you post your source. Obviously there is nothing even remotely credible suggesting the project being frozen, which is good. Failure of PAK FA would unequivocally be very negative for Russia and its air force. Su-35S and MiG-35 are fine 4th gen aircrafts, but no substitution for a true new generation design like PAK FA.
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:52 pm

I think mean the say f35
    nemrod
    nemrod

Post  nemrod Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Nemrod wrote:Could someone confirm this please.

Notio wrote:
    Are you some kind of a troll?

Before insulting me, please read all my post. After you can say what you want. I assume my english is far to be perfect, but enough to be understandable, at least the sense. My source came from Gen Valentin Valescu in a frencheese blog. I think he knows what he asserts, for that reason I asked you all, all the community inside this forum to check, and to find in russian medias. I hope, Iam clear, I hope Iam not misunderstood this time.

Last edited by nemrod on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:46 pm

This Gen frenchy is wrong then. Plain and simple. If you go back a few pages in this thread, we already talked about this.

No point brining it up anyway since in recent news, they are talking of latest T-50-5R being released for testing soon.

Ask yourself this question: why would they continue testing and bringing out more test models and modifications if the project is frozen?

It simply was a sensationalist attitude because they reduced initial batch from 50-55 to 12 for 2020 for whatever reason. Maybe engines or whatever. But they also stated full 200-250 will be purchased.
    nemrod
    nemrod

Post  nemrod Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:00 pm

The sentence is

Par manque d’argent, la Russie « gèle » le programme de l’avion Su T-50

It means Russia froze the project because of lack of money. I was suprised, because indeed this aircraft is his final test stage, however, as the F-22 met great problems-untill now, many F-22 had great problems contrary to what US asserts-, and US have not untill now used it, just only for some quick shows, it leads me to think that russian staff does not want to do the same US mistakes. Russia rely on China's J-20, after all the engines are russians, many of the J-20 components are russian orgins. Hence Russia could rely on chinese tests in order to improve its T-50. Moreover, freeze a project, does not mean stop it, but pause it.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:33 pm

nemrod wrote:
    The sentence is

It means Russia froze the project because of lack of money. I was suprised, because indeed this aircraft is his final test stage, however, as the F-22 met great problems-untill now, many F-22 had great problems contrary to what US asserts-, and US have not untill now used it, just only for some quick shows, it leads me to think that russian staff does not want to do the same US mistakes. Russia rely on China's J-20, after all the engines are russians, many of the J-20 components are russian orgins. Hence Russia could rely on chinese tests in order to improve its T-50. Moreover, freeze a project, does not mean stop it, but pause it.

Wasn't a pause but a slow down. Some of it due to weapons and engines still being tested and some obviously would be money.
    nemrod
    nemrod

Post  nemrod Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:03 pm

franco wrote:
    Wasn't a pause but a slow down. Some of it due to weapons and engines still being tested and some obviously would be money.
    It could be nammed like this, but before I need confirmation from the community here. As we could not reach russian languages websites, this information could be availlable only inside russian websites. I've already seen some users in this forum posted relevant informations from -russian native language- military websites and blogs. Nevertheless, if this project is frozen it prove that the SU Pak FA is not a decisive hardware for russian military apparatus. If they chose to build up at first armored vehicles like armata, instead of the SU-PAK FA, russian high commandement has enough confidences into Mig-35, and SU-35.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:12 pm

sepheronx wrote:This Gen frenchy is wrong then. Plain and simple. If you go back a few pages in this thread, we already talked about this.

No point brining it up anyway since in recent news, they are talking of latest T-50-5R being released for testing soon.

Ask yourself this question: why would they continue testing and bringing out more test models and modifications if the project is frozen?

It simply was a sensationalist attitude because they reduced initial batch from 50-55 to 12 for 2020 for whatever reason. Maybe engines or whatever. But they also stated full 200-250 will be purchased.

There isn't any doubt about it, they're already talking about having a 2nd Gen photonic based AESA/Smart Skin Suite ready for the PAK-FA that'll be ready by 2020.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:37 pm

nemrod wrote:
    The sentence is

Lack of funds is also impossible, unless there was a massive cost overrun, highly improbable due to the fact that the allocated funding for the T-50 was to remain unchanged. People keep getting ansy over the reduced order for 2015... Sukhoi are simply taking it slow as they want to get it right. Lockheed could learn a thing or two (if they still functioned as a legitimate company today).
    2SPOOKY4U
    2SPOOKY4U

Post  2SPOOKY4U Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:41 pm

Western propaganda machine working in overdrive, I have seen people claiming that they have decreased orders for the Pak-Fa and instead chosen to upgrade Mig-31s instead.

Seriously, the Pak-Fa is proceeding within normal parameters.

Nemrod, I would not trust a frenchy as much as I could stand their food(not at all).

I imagine it is just some butthurt over the Mistral thing.
    Ranxerox71
    Ranxerox71

Post  Ranxerox71 Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:34 am

Simply as what was said to you, T-50 was neither frozen, neither stopped, neither will be produced Just 12 T-50. First you must understand this, western world whit US like spear head have in this moment only one Job, any so called bad news (for Russian) on first place must be by main stream media multiplicite by 1000%, second Does you maybe remember how many Russian AF was ordered Su34, and Su35C , Number of produced Su34 was already over come first purchase and now is doubled , same case will be whit number of Su35c, as Su30CM,Same case is also whit helicopters, for example Ka52 will be produced by doubled number of units, and that is whit out NAVY version, which also would be manufactured.Mi28, i do not know but i think that they will made 4x more of those then was palned and was announced,(like Su34 number of produced is already fulfill, new ones will be further modernized they will get new KRET AESA radar, different Avionics screen which will be same like in F-35 in shape of two big LED Touch Screens, where pilot and weapon operator will have freedom to split screens on the way how best fit to them for operate, there is also New Helmet whit integrated HUD and All sights,Evolution of those helmet is prepare for T-50 Actually KRET same kind of Avionics will deliver for PAK FA,T-50 will get 99% of brand new Cockpit look and many new avionic systems:russia: , which wasn't planed on the beginning but that is main difference whit F22, which wasn't get latest Avionics and many of gadgets which was on the "shelf" in the moment when he was preparing to go into operational state.Third also you must know that US invest huge amount of money in every journalist in every person in Russia which can wrote something bad about Russian Army, and they modernization and how BADLY that will harm average Russian standard of living. But problem is that they actually do not have good perception of Russian people, i will not said that they are ready now, that again waiting in the endless columns for piece of meet, or something like that,no, for certain, But western Sanction never can induce such kind of economic downfall, because many reason, on the end, if US believe just in those sanctions, they never will engage it self in something so danger  like is practically open war against Russian population in Ukraine, in hope that this will provoke Putin on big scale intervention, and then they will have justification to try whit some kind of direct military Engagement, but that is pure craziness of one Country which was had so many chance to make thing right after many of dirty deeds and various atrocities against many ethnic groups which was live on US soil, but no they always think that is they God given right. (Money for those purpose is until last ruble already on stash  and literally putted in to safe, and no body can't touch them for any other purpose) fourt, Just this year even more money is given on to same long run project and instead 3,9 BDP, will be spended every year 5.7%, of course many of Economist "experts" instantly was make noise and forsean "terrible" consequences for Russia and Russian people, until Putin wasn't made one announcement in which his was said, that all those Economic experts can't understand one basic things, if Russia wouldn't  do several main modernization like that is plan, Atomic Submarines, Naval Fleet, New Ballistic Missiles,Air Defence And AF which means T-50, they absolutely will not have reason to be worried for Russian economy because their will not be "Russian" economy any more Actually there will not be Russia it self any more, because like to him, and like to every Army Oficire , one thing is clear, this whit Ukraine and sanctions is start of WAR against Russia, if plan whit Ukraine do not make result.US will do everything to started open war whit Russia over other proxy's (they will try to save own arse until last moment) US because they have not any other way to preserve life style living of average Americans which pay for Fuel, electricity and Food,much less money then any other Western Europe nation.that is one reason second is they debt in trillions towards China , and they haven't smallest intention to pay back one dollar (Hitler was on same way rise Germany from depression, they took huge amount of money from mostly Jews Banks in england and America, when he come to conclusion that he actually put Germany into hands of world banks then he was start what he start) from almost same reason Present US in in very similar situation. Conclusion made by your self.
    Best joke off all was happened last week when Pentagon and Lockheed was asked from congress that Sanctions towards Russia(again) excluding Russian Space Rocket Engines(for second time i said, because on the start was said , that Sanctions wasn't be apply on those engines, until already purchased batch of engines will not be delivered, what was ended last year, then congress was put EnergoMash(manufacturer of engines) under sanctions also,Of course there is second big offense for EXCEPTIONAL creatures(How is possible that those BARBARIANS have something so much sophisticated better then we have,   Of course that John McCain was so red in his face , and many of so called "Democracy" fighters and he was starting whit various offensive words to talk about Pentagon and Lockheed, until some one from Lockheed and Pentagon wasn't come to him and say something which obviously afraid him that he shit in his own pant's, and after that he wasn't said one more word. But about those BAD NEWS for American space program, you can not read about almost on any of social networks, neither of any of CNN like TV vomit News when comes to the US foreign politics and making the Foe from any one who dare to oppose towards US interests.
    So conclusion is, first do not believe in one word's which you read on many , and especially westerner oriented forums or social networks when comes to the Russian weapons and developing and modernization, even you can not believe to Russian source, because they learn lessons , and they simply was back to the plane and simple doctrine from Cold war,Distractions,disinformation and "Mirror Games" aka nothing is like you seen and how is something presented, because from Gorbachev naivety, until Medvedev wish to be little bit more opened in believing to the "given words" and shaken hands to the Putin's also kind of non believe that they (Westerner politician) can be so much corrupted and full of feer in they esens(like he was said, that when he work for KGB, he was think many times how they do something which isn't morally right etc) but after this years in world politics he come to notion that KGB like others countries Agency's is little children beside politician and they kind of feeling for "morality" and "nonmoral". which is lead to the fact that they cant believe to the Westerner and US anything at all, Mistral ships case that showed on most direct and on vomit induce way. French president was shown it self like spineless creature, such was they predecessors during the WWII, except De-gol and soldiers which is by pure luck was stucked in North Africa and they wasn't on first Hitlers sight and blow by his Army, and because they was not surrend(, France was actually one of the most NAZI oriented Country, they actually split France on two pieces, famous Vichy district by which was govern French Fascist and NAZI scum, and Rest of France which was under so called German occupation, which was most laughable occupation in history, almost laughable like French movement of resistance:sleep: .
    I apologize because i write big chunk of comments which isnt in direct conection whit T-50, but is in directly conected for reason why people get those information, like T-50 Project is "frozen" :face:Greetings to everybody, especially to all Russians ,and Russia, which is last line of defence for whole world, but problem is that so many people can't understand those simple true, Last line of defence of world in which will be possible that every country can do things on the way which is in the best interest of those countrie it self, last line of defence for multipolar world, where wouldnt be one small group of people which will decide about life and death of 7 billion people...So go Russia, and do not allow to be cheated by any further promise of Creatures from the US which think that they have God Given Right to rull above all of ass.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm