Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Share

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9443
    Points : 9935
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  George1 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:55 pm

    US begins consultations on military support for Kurdish militias in Syria — source

    It may become the first step on the way towards recognition of the Syrian Kurdistan as a free state, the source noted

    LATAKIA, October 29 /TASS/. Pentagon is starting consultations on all-round support for the Kurdish militias in Syria’s Northern provinces, including training and delivery of weapons and military hardware, a source close to the Kurdish militias said.

    "Everything is ready. The People’s Defense Forces of the Syrian Kurdistan may hold their first meeting with US intelligence representatives already this week," the source clarified.

    According to the source, the sides will discuss the deadlines and volumes of the military assistance and draw up a list of priority professions, in which the Kurdish militias have the greatest demand.

    "If the aid program is launched successfully, it may become the first step on the way towards recognition of the Syrian Kurdistan as a free state," the source said commenting the mood among the Kurdish militias.


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  max steel on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:54 pm

    George1 wrote:US begins consultations on military support for Kurdish militias in Syria — source

    It may become the first step on the way towards recognition of the Syrian Kurdistan as a free state, the source noted

    LATAKIA, October 29 /TASS/. Pentagon is starting consultations on all-round support for the Kurdish militias in Syria’s Northern provinces, including training and delivery of weapons and military hardware, a source close to the Kurdish militias said.

    "Everything is ready. The People’s Defense Forces of the Syrian Kurdistan may hold their first meeting with US intelligence representatives already this week," the source clarified.

    According to the source, the sides will discuss the deadlines and volumes of the military assistance and draw up a list of priority professions, in which the Kurdish militias have the greatest demand.

    "If the aid program is launched successfully, it may become the first step on the way towards recognition of the Syrian Kurdistan as a free state," the source said commenting the mood among the Kurdish militias.


    Forget it. Kurds won't be getting any new country carved out of Syria. In recent vienna talks everyone agreed to keep Syria intact and annihilaite terrorists from Syria in next 6 months , after that elections will take place in which Assad party can also participate. In a recent poll more than 70% of syrian population still prefer Assad. ( Poll news was on rt)

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1260
    Points : 1278
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:03 am

    Terrible signs when an Army is ordered to walk like this through their own cities, and treated like that.
    Erdogan and Turkey have lost the plot. With this video you don't know where to start....


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9443
    Points : 9935
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  George1 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:51 am

    Turkish Warplanes Enter Iraqi Airspace, Resume Strikes on Kurdish Bases

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151126/1030769250/turkish-planes-bomb-iraq.html#ixzz3sZtMP3Tl


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:30 am

    George1 wrote:Turkish Warplanes Enter Iraqi Airspace, Resume Strikes on Kurdish Bases

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151126/1030769250/turkish-planes-bomb-iraq.html#ixzz3sZtMP3Tl

    Can you double-check this story?

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9443
    Points : 9935
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  George1 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:55 am

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    George1 wrote:Turkish Warplanes Enter Iraqi Airspace, Resume Strikes on Kurdish Bases

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151126/1030769250/turkish-planes-bomb-iraq.html#ixzz3sZtMP3Tl

    Can you double-check this story?

    i will try, but it isnt sth new. Everyone realizes that one of Turkey's goals is to prevent an escalation of kurdish rebel groups activities


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:55 am

    George1 wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    George1 wrote:Turkish Warplanes Enter Iraqi Airspace, Resume Strikes on Kurdish Bases

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151126/1030769250/turkish-planes-bomb-iraq.html#ixzz3sZtMP3Tl

    Can you double-check this story?

    i will try, but it isnt sth new. Everyone realizes that one of Turkey's goals is to prevent an escalation of kurdish rebel groups activities

    The reason I am asking is due to something I referred to on another tread at http://www.russiadefence.net/t4709p270-russian-su-24-shootdown-by-turkish-air-force-f-16-fighter#137964

    The original story is from http://southfront.org/turkeys-fighter-jets-hit-23-targets-of-the-pkk/

    Kadmos45
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 130
    Points : 132
    Join date : 2015-11-24
    Location : PRL

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Kadmos45 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:36 pm

    So it seems that russian airbase in northwest IRAN is a must.

    They could protect PKK from there shooting down turks aircrafts,also asisting them in counter offensive in turkish territory. and also strike IS in IRAQ and east Syria.
    Also it will cool some hot-heads in Tel-av.

    Rodinazombie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 582
    Points : 616
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Rodinazombie on Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:52 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:Terrible signs when an Army is ordered to walk like this through their own cities, and treated like that.
    Erdogan and Turkey have lost the plot. With this video you don't know where to start....


    Which city is it? Without knowing the details i feel sorry for the soldiers.

    I made s post yesterday about turkey being the next syria, and this video shows why. All it takes is one hot headed soldier or someone to panic and fire at the crowd in a situation like this and we will see a repeat of the beginning of the syrian scenario.

    zorobabel
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 173
    Points : 173
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  zorobabel on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:51 am

    Rodinazombie wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:Terrible signs when an Army is ordered to walk like this through their own cities, and treated like that.
    Erdogan and Turkey have lost the plot. With this video you don't know where to start....


    Which city is it? Without knowing the details i feel sorry for the soldiers.
    Silvan, near Diyarbakir (Amed).

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:14 am

    What exactly is going on in that video?

    Bidoul
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 54
    Points : 56
    Join date : 2015-06-30

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Bidoul on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:44 pm

    Werewolf wrote:What exactly is going on in that video?

    Average day in south east Turkey.

    Turkish military convoy "going to fight ISIS (lol)" passing trough Kurd populated area.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3580
    Points : 3615
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:15 pm

    Turkish gendarmerie and army going through a city they blockaded for weeks, soldiers evacuating under the protection of "elders" because the crowd wanted to lynch them. I say let's open the depots to the righteous Kurdish cause.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4467
    Points : 4658
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:00 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Turkish gendarmerie and army going through a city they blockaded for weeks, soldiers evacuating under the protection of "elders" because the crowd wanted to lynch them. I say let's open the depots to the righteous Kurdish cause.

    General Michel Aoun of Lebanon, warned the Turks about how fragile their country was back in 2011, and with 1/3rd of their country being disgruntled and subjugated Kurds, and with the current lapse of Russo-Turkish relations, Turdogan is basically giving Russia the carving knife to carve the Christmas Turkey. Also it isn't completely impossible that we may see the Cypriots retake North Cyrpus with a 'Cypriot Debaltsevo' with Russia's watchful help and guidance, such as using the Moskva to blockade Turkish ships and launch a de facto No-Fly-Zone over Northern Cyprus.

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 895
    Points : 952
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:35 am

    Has the Kurdish Express(TM) already begun?

    Also, may someone provide me with exact map of Turkish army depots in South and Sout-East Turkey, together with info what exactly is kept there?

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3580
    Points : 3615
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:03 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Turkish gendarmerie and army going through a city they blockaded for weeks, soldiers evacuating under the protection of "elders" because the crowd wanted to lynch them. I say let's open the depots to the righteous Kurdish cause.

    General Michel Aoun of Lebanon, warned the Turks about how fragile their country was back in 2011, and with 1/3rd of their country being disgruntled and subjugated Kurds, and with the current lapse of Russo-Turkish relations, Turdogan is basically giving Russia the carving knife to carve the Christmas Turkey. Also it isn't completely impossible that we may see the Cypriots retake North Cyrpus with a 'Cypriot Debaltsevo' with Russia's watchful help and guidance, such as using the Moskva to blockade Turkish ships and launch a de facto No-Fly-Zone over Northern Cyprus.

    Cyprus can't be touched, because there's still a tri power agreement that is opposable, so until Turkey does something shitty, the Cypriots would have to wait. However, in Turkey self, even a slight upgunning of the Kurdish PKK would result on couple of local disasters. Especially in those KRG areas where the Kurds have no problems pulling a Turkish. Border with Iran and the nexus corner in Hakkari. You could even set up Nona K trucks, which would be perfect for mountain artillery; light weight mortar cannon. And some "Soviet Vasilek's" on trucks too for light support. Complement this with ATGM's for standoff assets and open up Ambush season on Turkish Gendarmerie and Border troops. Soon enough they will bring more troops, use choppers, escalation. Enter the Strela's, possibly Soviet stocks "sold to Tanzania", or outright chinese manpads for confusion.

    Have the Iranian listen to Turkish coms (or Russians while we're at it) and NovoKordestan is up, until Turkey understand it isn't dealing with old PKK. In about a month or so operatins, there sould be 500 to 1000 turkish dead bodies, enough to have Turkey's attention.

    If they don't like it, pop out the Grads and the 107mm's. Target the Gendarmerie posts, awash them in fire, move out of the FP. Rinse and repeat. This is Turkey we're speaking about, it's not the US.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3580
    Points : 3615
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:14 am

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Has the Kurdish Express(TM) already begun?

    Also, may someone provide me with exact map of Turkish army depots in South and Sout-East Turkey, together with info what exactly is kept there?

    Ehem it's not Turkish bases that you need, it's NATO bases in Tukey. Those make things complicated.

    Big 4.

    Incirlik, Dyarbakir, Malatya (Kureçik) and Mersin. Those 4 bases are the iron fist the US and NATO have in Northern Syria. There are those stocks of TOW, Ammo, Commo and pre-planning that is made. Then the TUrks detail the job on Interlligence & Planning for the MiT and then more casual supplies and people from Turkish Security (local, central or outright MiT). So when you have Turkish soldiers with a cauliflower head in Jisr al Shugur in 2013, its "only fake" ID. When you have MiT cargo stopped by Turkish Gendarmes, that's no problem, it's just humanitarian aid. And when you have Grey wolves killing Russian Pilots in Syria that's Turkmen people.


    zorobabel
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 173
    Points : 173
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  zorobabel on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:51 pm

    The PKK are very sufficient fighters. I remember in the 80s people thought they would be history within a year or two, that there was no way they could withstand Turkey's million man NATO army. If you had suggested (as I did) that they would outlive the Tamil Tigers, people would laugh in your face. Yet they managed to kill thousands of Turkish security forces, and there are indications that the Turks have hidden the true scale of their losses for decades. All the while, the PKK kept fighting, established bases in northern Iraq, and established affiliates in Syria (the PYD) and Iran (PJAK). Today without any question they are more powerful than they've ever been. They're focused on the fight against ISIS for now (though they've nearly defeated them on every front), but eventually the battles will return to Turkey in force.

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3229
    Points : 3353
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Vann7 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:19 am

    zorobabel wrote:The PKK are very sufficient fighters. I remember in the 80s people thought they would be history within a year or two, that there was no way they could withstand Turkey's million man NATO army. If you had suggested (as I did) that they would outlive the Tamil Tigers, people would laugh in your face. Yet they managed to kill thousands of Turkish security forces, and there are indications that the Turks have hidden the true scale of their losses for decades. All the while, the PKK kept fighting, established bases in northern Iraq, and established affiliates in Syria (the PYD) and Iran (PJAK). Today without any question they are more powerful than they've ever been. They're focused on the fight against ISIS for now (though they've nearly defeated them on every front), but eventually the battles will return to Turkey in force.


    Just for the record..For what i read.. kurds even thought they are in 3-4 countries ..
    that is Turkey,Iran ,IRAQ and Syria they are not united.  The Kurds in IRAQ are sunni muslins.
    non secular.. and the ones in Syria are apparently Shia secular friendly to Christians and not as fanatics.. and they don't have good relations with the kurds in IRAQ that are controlled by USA and Israel.. but that Iran also have influence.

    apparently after Turkey coward attack on a Russian bomber ,Russia had made an alliance
    with Kurds in Syria and they are fighting now the FSA ,Alqaeda and ISIL. with Russian Airforce
    support.

    The Kurds are opportunistic so you never know which side they are.. they will support anyone
    who helps them get their Independence. or at least a strong Autonomy. Even thought americans were trying to get Kurds on their side.. too.. Russia is the player with better probabilities to
    get real good relations with them.

    WHen you think about it.. is mind blowing how can Erdogan be so retarded and create proxy war against Syria arming FSA and ISIL ,when they have so many millions of kurds that can be armed too and oppose ERdogan policies.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9443
    Points : 9935
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  George1 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:13 pm

    Russia ready to actively support forces fighting with terrorists on ground — FM



    Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov met with co-chairman of the pro-Kurdish People’s Democratic Party of Turkey Selahattin Demirtas

    MOSCOW, December 23. /TASS/. Russia is ready to actively cooperate with the forces in Syria who are fighting against terrorists on the ground, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Wednesday opening a meeting with co-chairman of the pro-Kurdish People’s Democratic Party of Turkey Selahattin Demirtas.

    "We hope that during your stay in Moscow we will be able to discuss the situation in the region," Lavrov said. "As part of the efforts of the international community to resolve the Syrian crisis, it is crucially important to bring together the opportunities of all those who aim at resolutely fighting against terrorism."

    "We know that Iraqi and Syrian Kurds are confronting the threat of ISIS [former name of the Islamic State terrorist group outlawed in Russia - TASS] and other extremist groups ‘on the ground’ with weapons in their hands," the minister said. "They, together with the army of Iraq, the army of Syria are fighting for their homes, for the right to live on their land. This is their inalienable right, just as the rights of Christians, Yazidis and other minorities to remain on the lands of their ancestors and not to be subjected to deadly threats from terrorists."

    Lavrov noted that "Russia, being involved in the anti-terrorist coalition in Syria at the request of the Syrian government, is ready to actively support the forces on the ground who are countering this threat."

    http://tass.ru/en/politics/846257


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1540
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Zivo on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:51 pm

    From Nov 18th.

    Videos like this reinforce my fear that a large chunk of the Turkish Army stems from the same stock of people who make up Daesh and Friends.





    Here's a recent PKK IED attack on Turkish convoy.

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1e2_1450802005

    VladimirSahin
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 360
    Points : 380
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 25
    Location : Some redneck state in the US.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  VladimirSahin on Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:01 am

    Turks shout Allahu Akbar because that's their chant, It doesn't mean they support ISIS... It's the same as us yelling God is the greatest.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2526
    Points : 2659
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  kvs on Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:08 am

    VladimirSahin wrote:Turks shout Allahu Akbar because that's their chant, It doesn't mean they support ISIS... It's the same as us yelling God is the greatest.

    If only it was that innocent. At soccer match after the Paris terrorist attacks, the Turks were chanting Allahu Akbar instead of holding a moment of silence.

    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/soccer-fans-in-turkey-boo-moment-of-silence-for-paris-attack-victims-reportedly-chant-allahu-akbar

    Daesh are their heroes. No ifs or buts about it.

    VladimirSahin
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 360
    Points : 380
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 25
    Location : Some redneck state in the US.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  VladimirSahin on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:26 pm

    Turks think they are fighting ISIL, In reality of course their government is ISIL's partner. No arguing about that. And you are right, Most Turks are just I dont know how to put it without offending, Savage. Cursing mothers and sisters, Just because something isn't positive about their country. Getting angry for the slightest negativeness against their country. It's usually the Turks living in the city, I've met some Turkish people in the black sea regions that were very great people. (Funny thing is they weren't ethnic Turks)

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9443
    Points : 9935
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  George1 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:32 pm

    Clashes With PKK in Turkey’s Southeast Leave 9 Security Personnel Wounded

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151228/1032414655/pkk-clash-victims-police.html#ixzz3vdMb2g7Q


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Sponsored content

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:06 am


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:06 am