Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
ATLASCUB
AbdulhamidtheSecond
Airman
sheytanelkebir
airstrike
AlfaT8
xeno
Resistance
The Ottoman
JohninMK
d_taddei2
Project Canada
ultron
calm
franco
medo
TheArmenian
KiloGolf
magnumcromagnon
Erk
Bolt
zorobabel
Dima
HUNTER VZLA
Regular
onwiththewar
x_54_u43
Godric
mack8
Mustafa
par far
Akula971
higurashihougi
OminousSpudd
short_fuze
kvs
VladimirSahin
Zivo
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
Bidoul
Rodinazombie
Kadmos45
Morpheus Eberhardt
max steel
mutantsushi
George1
Walther von Oldenburg
Fred333
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
brisas2k
GarryB
flamming_python
Werewolf
TR1
As Sa'iqa
Admin
Eagle
Jelena
63 posters

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

GarryB
    GarryB

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 14 Empty Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

Post  GarryB Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:55 pm

A little ironic as the US special forces in Afghanistan in the 1980s used to try mortar attacks on Soviet air bases in Afghanistan... an example of the early use of GPS to locate their position and try to hit a target area blind. (note no guided shells were used... they just used standard Soviet 120mm mortars).
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 14 Empty Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:56 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    airstrike wrote:Video: Kurdish PKK fighters fire mortars at Turkish base housing UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/14/video-kurdish-pkk-fighters-fire-mortars-at-turkish-base-housing-uh-60-blackhawk-helicopters/

The Turks took a real anus pounding here, I can't wait for KoTeMoRe's response to this lol!

Looks like 120's peppered a couple of BH from the approximative accuracy i'd say this is a 4/5 km shot, not too bad i guess. They should have waited longer.
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:58 am

Video: Kurdish PKK blows up a Turkish Otokar Cobra armored vehicle in Van

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/19/video-kurdish-pkk-blows-up-a-turkish-otokar-cobra-armored-vehicle-in-van/
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:38 am

tbh I don't know what took them this long to release this.

Kurdish PKK releases footage of IED attack it carried out in July

http://conflict-watch.com/2016/09/23/kurdish-pkk-releases-footage-of-ied-attack-it-carried-out-in-july/
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:57 pm

airstrike wrote:tbh I don't know what took them this long to release this.

Kurdish PKK releases footage of IED attack it carried out in July

http://conflict-watch.com/2016/09/23/kurdish-pkk-releases-footage-of-ied-attack-it-carried-out-in-july/

First confirmed loss of the Ejder Yalçin. Damn they overkilled that MRAP. For sure that was Kurdish Space Agency first flight to the Moon.
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:53 pm

Explosion on railway track leaves train driver wounded in southeastern Turkey

http://conflict-watch.com/2016/09/25/explosion-on-railway-track-leaves-train-driver-wounded-in-southeastern-turkey/
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:41 pm

Video: Kurdish PKK fighters storm a Turkish Army base

http://conflict-watch.com/2016/09/26/video-kurdish-pkk-fighters-storm-a-turkish-army-base/
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:33 pm

VBIED attack in Hakkari province killed 9+ soldiers (latest report says 13) and several civilians:

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 14 CuUglMuWYAAHRFO

http://aryenhaber5.com/hakkari-semdinlide-hayatini-kaybeden-asker-sayisi-13-oldu/
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:21 pm

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:35 pm

SVBIED? PKK? I died a little inside.

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:15 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:SVBIED? PKK? I died a little inside.

But not when they attacked SAA positions in 2015/16? Militant Kurds have proven that they cant be trusted, they've caused clashes in virtually every country they've had a presence in, whether its Iran, Turkey, Iraq, and finally in Syria, and they have a serious dark history of ethnic cleansing (something that Westerners have conveniently ignored)....our position should be to sit back and eat some popcorn. Nothing better than to see two forms of putrid wipe each other out. If only we could get JAN and ISIS to wipe each other out on a more regular basis.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:29 pm

Turkish-backed FSA have been attacking YPG/SDF-held Sheikh Issa and Harbul for 3 days backed by Turkish airstrikes and artillery -- failed to take either. Turkey is now sending in tanks. 1 Turkish tank disabled already.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:37 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:

But not when they attacked SAA positions in 2015/16? Militant Kurds have proven that they cant be trusted, they've caused clashes in virtually every country they've had a presence in, whether its Iran, Turkey, Iraq, and finally in Syria, and they have a serious dark history of ethnic cleansing (something that Westerners have conveniently ignored)....our position should be to sit back and eat some popcorn. Nothing better than to see two forms of putrid wipe each other out. If only we could get JAN and ISIS to wipe each other out on a more regular basis.

PYD has never used these kind of tactics in Syria AFAIK. PKK has had word passed for suicide in case of cornering, but this just like any Al Nusra, ISIS video. While I get that there's "nothing exceptional" about this, it's still very disheartening. I'm not deploring IED's, VBIED's. But this is Jihadi stuff.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:18 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

PYD has never used these kind of tactics in Syria AFAIK. PKK has had word passed for suicide in case of cornering, but this just like any Al Nusra, ISIS video. While I get that there's "nothing exceptional" about this, it's still very disheartening. I'm not deploring IED's, VBIED's. But this is Jihadi stuff.
    Yes, the military wing of the PKK seems to have become more radicalized over the past 2 years of fighting.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:34 pm

zorobabel wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

Yes, the military wing of the PKK seems to have become more radicalized over the past 2 years of fighting.

PKK was always radical IIRC, they're no different than FSA. Apparently according to my Turkish friend most of them are not Kurds but Armenians who claim to be Kurds pirat anyways seriously those guys are no good either, it wouldn't be right to cheer them up the same way cheering up FSA is.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:56 pm

VladimirSahin wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

PKK was always radical IIRC, they're no different than FSA. Apparently according to my Turkish friend most of them are not Kurds but Armenians who claim to be Kurds pirat anyways seriously those guys are no good either, it wouldn't be right to cheer them up the same way cheering up FSA is.

PKK has always been radical because they were a Marxist movement, but they never relied on SVBIED's because of the impact these things have. Although there have been even more radical groups than the PKK that have gone to those lengths, the Mo has always been one of guerilla, not jihadi crap.
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:37 am

Turkish Otokar Cobra APC targeted by PKK IED in Mardin

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/10/23/turkish-otokar-cobra-apc-targeted-by-pkk-ied-in-mardin/
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:43 am

Turkish military forces hit 51 positions of the Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD) in northern Syria, according to the statement of Turkey's General Staff.

Our Armed Forces hit eight IS positions and 51 positions of the Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD). Syrian opposition continues conducting operation on driving PYD militants out of the three settlements to the south of the city of Marea. The fighting resulted in deaths of four and injuries of 20 opposition fighters. Three PYD militants were eliminated," the Turkish Defense Ministry said.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201610231046633402-turkey-pyd-syria/
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:07 pm

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 14 7AjdaP

lol!  Laughing Turkish Land Forces doesnt use BMP-1.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:32 pm

Turkish tanks reportedly retreating to Al-Rai after the unsuccessful attempt to dislodge YPG-SDF from several villages: https://twitter.com/Syria_Rebel_Obs/status/790197325863985156
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Crazy erdogan, 20milion Kurds, and he wants more. All of them from Syria and almost all from Iraq.   Laughing

Erdogan mouthpiece aTV showing Turkey's expanded map as if it's the most natural thing in the world and the Turks jump for joy.
    Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 14 CvdrvYGWEAAtZaS

This man...
    Turkey: Mosul and Aleppo belong to Turks - Erdogan
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:23 pm

calm wrote:Crazy erdogan, 20milion Kurds, and he wants more. All of them from Syria and almost all from Iraq.   Laughing

Erdogan mouthpiece aTV showing Turkey's expanded map as if it's the most natural thing in the world and the Turks jump for joy.

This map is Misak-ı Millî Borders.

Mustafa Kemal said "It is the nation's iron fist that writes the Nation's Oath which is the main principle of our independence to the annals of history."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misak-ı_Millî

But We don't think to expand our borders in nowadays.

Also I didn't watch video but I will watch soon.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:28 pm

calm wrote:Crazy erdogan, 20milion Kurds, and he wants more. All of them from Syria and almost all from Iraq.   Laughing

This man...
    Turkey: Mosul and Aleppo belong to Turks - Erdogan

And still some in this forum talk about secret deals between Russia and Turkey.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:22 pm

It's all just talk from Turkey guys, behind curtains the situations is very different
    sheytanelkebir

Post  sheytanelkebir Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:48 pm

somehow I am hoping turkey walks into this trap. nothing good ever comes out of invading iraq.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:30 am