Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Share

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3813
    Points : 3868
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  JohninMK on Sun May 29, 2016 7:20 pm

    They must have tunnelled under the road to bury that mine. Very well camouflaged.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3920
    Points : 3953
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun May 29, 2016 7:27 pm

    It was carroted, under the asphalt.

    I'm sorry to say but this is some very well done job.
    avatar
    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1503
    Points : 1539
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Zivo on Sun May 29, 2016 7:32 pm

    uh, I really hate Turkey, but the driver... he got ejected through the front ballistic glass window. First five seconds.

    No
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3920
    Points : 3953
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun May 29, 2016 9:37 pm

    Chances are it's not the driver but the roof gunner. Ballistic glass is still on on the armoured capsule.
    avatar
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 902
    Points : 957
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 26
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Mon May 30, 2016 10:49 am

    i wonder if 9M14 Malyutka would be enough agile to hit MRAP in motion?
    Yes, with no problem - later versions with SACLOS guidance approach modern ATGMs in performance. A variant with a thermobaric warhead exists.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1513
    Points : 1553
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Mon May 30, 2016 12:39 pm

    Turkey offers US to open a "second front" in Syria without the participation of the Kurds

    РИА Новости http://ria.ru/syria/20160530/1440581100.html#ixzz4A8NQCxr8


    well well well, looks like Russia doing nothing on KurdaMuricans cooperation let them push wedge between Adolf Erdo and US regime.





    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:
    i wonder if 9M14 Malyutka would be enough agile to hit MRAP in motion?
    Yes, with no problem - later versions with SACLOS guidance approach modern ATGMs in performance. A variant with a thermobaric warhead exists.

    well this would be cost effective way to deal with Turkish invaders...but better geopolitical solution is to use US missiles captured from ISIS
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3920
    Points : 3953
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon May 30, 2016 1:07 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:Turkey offers US to open a "second front" in Syria without the participation of the Kurds

    РИА Новости http://ria.ru/syria/20160530/1440581100.html#ixzz4A8NQCxr8


    well well well, looks like Russia doing nothing on KurdaMuricans cooperation let them push wedge between Adolf Erdo and US regime.





    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:
    i wonder if 9M14 Malyutka would be enough agile to hit MRAP in motion?
    Yes, with no problem - later versions with SACLOS guidance approach modern ATGMs in performance. A variant with a thermobaric warhead exists.

    well this would be cost effective way to deal with Turkish invaders...but better geopolitical solution is to use US missiles captured from ISIS

    EFP charged will do a lot more damage than using ATGM's for these targets. Even in Yemen the Houthis would simply IED the shit out of them. Also the main drawback of these assets is that while they offer reasonable protection, you don't need to actually kill the guys inside. You need to make sure the price of movement will be high. If you start churning out charred or damaged hulls every week at one point, they will start making use of bigger assets.
    avatar
    calm
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 839
    Points : 841
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  calm on Mon May 30, 2016 9:11 pm

    Turkish Hollywood Propaganda LEAKED
    is this seriously happening? Laughing

    what turkey does not want you to see
    https://twitter.com/imamindibi_/status/737270819999653888

    what turkey wants you to see
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Q6a-O9u7E


    Meanwhile...

    Turkey's Erdogan slams French police violence in labour reform protests

    http://www.france24.com/en/20160530-hurriyet-turkey-erdogan-slams-french-police-violence-labour-reform-protests?ns_campaign=reseaux_sociaux&ns_source=twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_linkname=editorial&aef_campaign_ref=partage_user&aef_campaign_date=2016-05-30
    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-calls-on-france-to-refrain-from-using-disproportionate-force-against-protesters.aspx?pageID=238&nID=99830&NewsCatID=510
    avatar
    calm
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 839
    Points : 841
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  calm on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:59 pm

    #Kurdistan: shocking drone footage shows severe destruction in the town of #Nusaybin



    May20
    avatar
    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2164
    Points : 2279
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  higurashihougi on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:23 am

    In short, a prostitite were trying to preach about virginity.

    https://www.rt.com/news/346261-erdogan-washington-kurds-terrorists/

    Erdogan slams US support of Syrian Kurds, lectures Washington on ‘good & bad terrorists’

    Đ** con đ* mẹ thằng Erdogan.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1513
    Points : 1553
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:05 am

    higurashihougi wrote:In short, a prostitite were trying to preach about virginity.

    https://www.rt.com/news/346261-erdogan-washington-kurds-terrorists/

    Erdogan slams US support of Syrian Kurds, lectures Washington on ‘good & bad terrorists’

    Đ** con đ* mẹ thằng Erdogan.


    would you mind to translate it? OK Eddogan I understand but rest Laughing Laughing Laughing

    Đ** con đ* mẹ thằng Erdogan


    BTW ha! call me a great strategist then Razz recall I said some time ago: stop coomplaining Russia left Kurds to help Us. itwill sooner or later be a wedge between Us and Turdkey Smile
    avatar
    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2164
    Points : 2279
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  higurashihougi on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:07 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:would you mind to translate it? OK Eddogan I understand but rest  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  

    Đ** con đ* mẹ thằng Erdogan


    BTW ha! call me a great strategist then Razz  recall I said some time ago: stop coomplaining Russia left Kurds to help Us. itwill sooner or later be a wedge between Us and Turdkey Smile

    Translation: "F*** your b****y mother, Erdogan". Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

    Actually the wedge has already been formed since the shootdown of Su-24. At that time the West somehow realized that Erdogan is an untamed beast. And when Russia presented the evidences of Turkish-Daesh affairs, the West had more excuse to deal with Erdogan in a hard way.

    For example, Turkish citzens may stop thinking about the EU dream.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1513
    Points : 1553
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:06 pm

    higurashihougi wrote: Translation: "F*** your b****y mother, Erdogan". Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

    ah well Vietnamese has such nice sound so even I thought it might be a compliment to Erdogan and not a diagnosis Razz


    higurashihougi wrote:
    Actually the wedge has already been formed since the shootdown of Su-24. At that time the West somehow realized that Erdogan is an untamed beast. And when Russia presented the evidences of Turkish-Daesh affairs, the West had more excuse to deal with Erdogan in a hard way.

    For example, Turkish citzens may stop thinking about the EU dream.

    I do not think so, Su-24 was shot with positive not form US. Same with Saudis - we can invade if US lead us. Erdo has oversized ego but he is not an idiot committing suicide.

    The wedge is nice planned -either Kurds will go with US but thsi i sdeadly for Turkey, or against US and stillagains Turkey with Russians && Assad...

    regardless of outcome Turkey is no in good postion. Personally I have nothing against Turks, there are idiots and racists there but most of them just wanna live in peace and eat kebab Smile

    As for EU well we only can bet - first EU goes down or Turkey splits along Kurdish border.

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3920
    Points : 3953
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:16 pm

    calm wrote:
    #Kurdistan: shocking drone footage shows severe destruction in the town of #Nusaybin



    May20

    Ouch.

    First Turkish Cosmonaut?
    avatar
    calm
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 839
    Points : 841
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  calm on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:10 pm

    ^
    first but not last

    Apocalyptic scenes from Kurdish #Sirnak after the Turkish army destroyed the city with all kinds of heavy weapons.




    avatar
    calm
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 839
    Points : 841
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  calm on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:19 pm

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10113
    Points : 10607
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  George1 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:09 pm

    Kurdish YPG Member Denies Reports of PKK Commander Killed in Syria

    Syrian Kurds' People's Protection Units (YPG) member Rezan Heddo denied to Sputnik the reports about one of the leaders of Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), Fehman Huseyin, being killed in northern Syria.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — On Saturday, Turkish media reported that Huseyin, also known as Bahoz Erdal, was killed after his vehicle was blown up by a Syrian opposition group on Friday.

    Heddo told Sputnik that there were no PKK militants present in Syria, calling such media reports “devoid of truth.”

    Turkish Interior Ministry, which considers the PKK — a separatist movement fighting for Kurdish self-determination in southeastern Turkey — a terrorist organization, has put Huseyin in the red category of the most wanted list.

    YPG, a Kurdish militia in Syria, which is also deemed terrorists by Ankara, has repeatedly denied having any links to the PKK.

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160710/1042717766/pkk-commander-death-syria.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3920
    Points : 3953
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:25 am

    Recon fail...



    Yep, carrotted explosive once again.
    avatar
    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1503
    Points : 1539
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Zivo on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:24 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Recon fail...



    Yep, carrotted explosive once again.

    The guy on the detonator had some nerves, I was almost certain their device was discovered when that soldier walked down the hill.

    Overall a good clip for a demining training video
    avatar
    zorobabel
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 197
    Points : 197
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  zorobabel on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:35 am

    Seems like a big increase in successful IED attacks over the past 6 months.
    avatar
    The Ottoman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 114
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2015-09-25

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  The Ottoman on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:05 am

    With the purge of Gulenists, the army will be cleansed from those traitors that helped the PKK.

    Thats the reason why the PKK is succesful, because they get help from Gulenist within the army and intelligence services.

    I am Kurdish but I hope the PKK will be crushed and wiped out of the earth because they are a tool of the Zionist Entity of Israel to accomplish the Yinon-plan to create a Great Israel.

    avatar
    zorobabel
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 197
    Points : 197
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  zorobabel on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:06 pm

    The Ottoman wrote:With the purge of Gulenists, the army will be cleansed from those traitors that helped the PKK.

    Thats the reason why the PKK is succesful, because they get help from Gulenist within the army and intelligence services.

    I am Kurdish but I hope the PKK will be crushed and wiped out of the earth because they are a tool of the Zionist Entity of Israel to accomplish the Yinon-plan to create a Great Israel.

    I was in Turkey in the 1980s studying PKK tactics. People used to laugh if you suggested they would outlive the Tamil Tigers, but in fact today in 2016 they are as powerful a military force as they've ever been -- maybe even more so.

    Fanciful depictions like yours may be useful for the Erdogan regime inside Turkey, but in wars you should know never to believe your own propaganda.
    avatar
    The Ottoman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 114
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2015-09-25

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  The Ottoman on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:38 am

    zorobabel wrote:
    Fanciful depictions like yours may be useful for the Erdogan regime inside Turkey, but in wars you should know never to believe your own propaganda.

    You aren't a Kurd so you dont know any shit about the PKK. I got familiymembers in the PKK. They said that they were trained by commando's with a 'Armenian-look' (read = Israelis)

    Its very obvious that the US and Israel are supporting the PKK with money and weapons. They got Galil's, Uzi's en US-made anti-tank-rockets. Many busted PKK-members told the same. Even the BBC reports about it.



    The goal is to stop Turkey's economic and militairy growth and frustate them to give up South-East-Turkey for a Greater-Israel. This is written by the Israeli Chief of Staffs in the Yinon Plan. The Arabic Spring must end with a Turkish Winter and Free Kurdistan so Israel could easily occupy Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and East-Turkey and controll all the oil.

    Do your research before screaming about this subject.

    Why Is Israel Watching the PKK?


    No country in the world watches the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) as closely as Israel. Its electronic eyes monitor terrorist camps around the clock; it listens to and records their communications. Israeli satellites are constantly overhead, and there are unidentified unmanned aerial vehicles that occasionally appear and disappear.

    Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/security/2013/01/israel-monitoring-pkk.html#ixzz4G1rFCYkd


    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Resistance on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:10 am

    As long as Kurdish is not a state language in Turkey, Kurds will kill Turks. It's that simple. Really.
    avatar
    The Ottoman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 114
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2015-09-25

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  The Ottoman on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:48 am

    Resistance wrote:As long as Kurdish is not a state language in Turkey, Kurds will kill Turks. It's that simple. Really.

    You are simplifying the conflict.

    - Kurds can speak Kurdish freely in Turkey
    - There are private Kurdish schools with Kurdish language
    - There are Kurdish radio-broadcasts
    - There are Kurdish tv-channels
    - There are Kurdish songs on Turkish tv
    - There are Kurdish media (papers, websites)
    - Ancient Kurdish town/villages that were Turkified get their Kurdish names back
    - Kurdish cuisine is made official

    All this were made possible thanks to Erdogan.

    Before him, Kurds were even not recognized by the majority of Turkish politicians. They were called mountainturks.

    So language isn't the problem. The Kurds dont even know why they are fighting. They are monitored by Israel/USA so Turkey can continue with buying NATO-weapons and Israel can get free oil from a 'independant' Kurdish state.

    Look what they did to Sudan and Korea and former Yugoslavia. Divide and conquer.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:24 pm