Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Share

    Flagship Victory
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 974
    Points : 922
    Join date : 2015-04-28
    Location : Canada

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  Flagship Victory on Sat May 16, 2015 4:01 pm

    I suppose, one way to determine if Russia supplies arms to NAF in any significant way is to see if NAF uses AK-74M in significant numbers. Reason is Russia does not use any other version of AK-74 other than AK-74M which entered service in 1992.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Sat May 16, 2015 4:31 pm

    Flagship Victory wrote:I suppose, one way to determine if Russia supplies arms to NAF in any significant way is to see if NAF uses AK-74M in significant numbers. Reason is Russia does not use any other version of AK-74 other than AK-74M which entered service in 1992.

    Are you aware the largest arms storage depot of the UAF was in Donesk region along with the major equipment repair facilities in Donesk and Lugansk?

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  flamming_python on Sat May 16, 2015 4:58 pm

    Flagship Victory wrote:Reason is Russia does not use any other version of AK-74 other than AK-74M which entered service in 1992.

    Yes it does

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3545
    Points : 3580
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat May 16, 2015 6:59 pm

    Flagship Victory wrote:Can anyone identify this gun? Looks to me like AK-74M.


    That's a Pre-85 74. You can see the old AKM styled "dust cover" with the press "bulges".

    No AK74N2/M has been sighted IN Ukraine without the people sporting them being "non-Russian" (like really Russian) pirat

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3545
    Points : 3580
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat May 16, 2015 7:00 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:Reason is Russia does not use any other version of AK-74 other than AK-74M which entered service in 1992.

    Yes it does

    Russia has in stocks 78/79/82 and 85 non 74N standart 74's Check the Russian Small arm thread to see how Russia even has Frankenstein 74M's.

    Flagship Victory
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 974
    Points : 922
    Join date : 2015-04-28
    Location : Canada

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  Flagship Victory on Sun May 17, 2015 12:23 am

    Lugansk catridge works inherited 7N10 ammo which was developed in 1990 / 1991, but Ukraine did not inherit AK-74M rifle which was introduced in 1992. I suppose because Ukraine does not have any facility that makes rifles.

    http://catalog.use.kiev.ua/index.php?action=setLang&lang=ukr&page=catalog&search_val=&view=product&id=727&cat_id=67&eid=

    This version of 7N10 is the first version, having no lead. The 7N10M ammo which was introduced in 1994 has lead in the air pocket.

    7N10 is said to be able to shoot through body armor at 200 meters. Anyone know if this is the standard service ammo used by NAF? Strelkov says Russia has not given a single bullet to NAF, and he may be right. russia

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3545
    Points : 3580
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon May 18, 2015 9:56 am

    Flagship Victory wrote:Lugansk catridge works inherited 7N10 ammo which was developed in 1990 / 1991, but Ukraine did not inherit AK-74M rifle which was introduced in 1992. I suppose because Ukraine does not have any facility that makes rifles.

    http://catalog.use.kiev.ua/index.php?action=setLang&lang=ukr&page=catalog&search_val=&view=product&id=727&cat_id=67&eid=

    This version of 7N10 is the first version, having no lead. The 7N10M ammo which was introduced in 1994 has lead in the air pocket.

    7N10 is said to be able to shoot through body armor at 200 meters. Anyone know if this is the standard service ammo used by NAF? Strelkov says Russia has not given a single bullet to NAF, and he may be right. russia

    Notable Plants in Vinnitsa (RPC Fort), Kiev (SA Zbroyar), Formerly TWO weapons repair plants on Dnpp and Lugansk. Plus one ToZ assembly line in Odessa (bankrupt possibly).

    So basically they have the means to produce individual weapons. Shooting through the moon has as much impact as a .22 lr is you can't see the guys you need to shoot. Russia gives force multipliers, not nails.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Tue May 19, 2015 11:57 pm

    A look from the inside, the good, the bad and the ugly! Maybe Minsk2 wasn't so bad, to reorganize, equip and train.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=631_1428091477

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3545
    Points : 3580
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed May 20, 2015 8:29 am

    franco wrote:A look from the inside, the good, the bad and the ugly! Maybe Minsk2 wasn't so bad, to reorganize, equip and train.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=631_1428091477

    Bravery and Retardation///


    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Sat May 23, 2015 4:10 pm

    According to the NAF, the Ukrainians have built up to the following force level in the Donbas.

    "Kiev authorities continue to build missile base troops in the area of ​​the demilitarized zone. According to our intelligence, its composition has already 36 battalion tactical groups, 20 separate infantry battalions, two battalions of special purpose and 3 reconnaissance battalion, - quoted him as saying Donetsk news agency. - In the area of ​​punitive action adversary concentrated to 45 thousand troops, 380 tanks, 1,800 armored personnel carriers and infantry fighting vehicles, 980 field artillery pieces and MLRS, and up to 75 combat aircraft and helicopters. "

    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fitar-tass.com%2Farmiya-i-vpk&sandbox=1

    NOTE
    - an infantry battalion would probably have a battery of 6 MT-12's or D-30's artillery in support for a total of 500-600 personnel. Mainly defensive.
    - a battalion tactical group would include an infantry battalion with a company of tanks (10), a battery of 6 MRL's and a battery (6) or battalion (18) of SP or heavy artillery in support. Equipped with APC's or IFV's, these are the mobile offensive attack forces. This force would be from 750-900 personnel.
    - back in January Cassad estimated the Ukrainian forces at 24 Army BTG's, 16 Army infantry battalions and 2 SF battalions. There were another 23 National Guard or independent volunteer battalions of which 4-6 would be BTG's and 1 was SF. Most of these units would have been severely understrength by that time and some of the volunteer battalions were never larger then 2 companies to begin with. With all volunteers supposedly merged and the new conscripts, can assume fewer units but all at full strength.


    Last edited by franco on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

    Khepesh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1626
    Points : 1695
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  Khepesh on Tue May 26, 2015 5:06 pm

    This blog may be useful for those not aware of it's existance yet. Info is not official and there is some "funny stuff", but like lostarmor it makes useful record
    http://mishaxaxa.livejournal.com/

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Tue May 26, 2015 11:03 pm

    Khepesh wrote:This blog may be useful for those not aware of it's existance yet. Info is not official and there is some "funny stuff", but like lostarmor it makes useful record
    http://mishaxaxa.livejournal.com/

    Excellent find, thanks and if I knew how to give you a positive vote would do so Very Happy

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Thu May 28, 2015 6:38 pm

    From my initial look of the blog posted above;

    Lugansk Armed Forces

    2 Motor Rifle brigades
    1 Motor Rifle BTG
    1 Military Security Regiment
    1 Spetsnaz / Reconnaissance battalion
    2 Separate - "Ghost" brigade and 1st "Cossack" regiment

    Donesk Armed Forces

    7 Motor Rifle brigades
    1 Artillery brigade
    1 Military Security Regiment
    1 Spetsnaz / Reconnaissance brigade
    1 Republican Guard (3-6 separate BTG's used as strategic reserve)
    3 Separate - Sparta, Somalia, Vostok BTG's

    Donesk Ministry of Interior

    3 Security battalions
    1 OMON Berkut battalion
    1 SOBR Falcon (SWAT)

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9422
    Points : 9914
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  George1 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:25 am

    Comparative tests on the speed of the T-72B and of Ukrainian modernized T-64BM "Bulat" trophy of Novorussia army



    cracker
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 232
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  cracker on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:45 am

    what engine has the T-64BM ? still the old 5TDF ? I think it's no surprise, the T-72B is better in every category (but FCS) to the T-64B, even the BM it seems.


    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:07 pm

    Some observations on the UAF including that there are 180 T-72's on route from Poland.
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.redstar.ru%2F&sandbox=1

    cracker
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 232
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  cracker on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:57 am

    so poland gave those T-72 in the end to ukropists... They will blow up fine just like T-64... even better, T-72M/M1 are just pathetic compared to T-64BV. I hope ukrops paid very high price for those tin cans.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:59 pm

    From a slide show presented by the Ukrainian Army. Corrected.

    https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4611/94845085.115/0_123613_8ea88a8d_orig

    NOTE: Bad translation, corrected. Slide lists NAF forces and equipment plus Russian forces and equipment in and around Donbas.

    UAF claims that the NAF totals;
    - 33,400 men
    - 368 tanks
    - 940 APC's
    - 375 artillery
    - 198 MRL's

    Russian Army in Donbas;
    - 8,960 men
    - 190 tanks
    - 532 APC's
    - 153 artillery
    - 89 MRL's
    - 4 SSM's

    cracker
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 232
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  cracker on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:21 pm

    a totally bogus number imho, just to scare the west and get more funds and military aid... 368 tanks... lol... that's more than most countries.

    Realistically whole serviceable tanks inside NVR is about 100 max. About manpower they are probably not far, though.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:43 pm

    cracker wrote:a totally bogus number imho, just to scare the west and get more funds and military aid... 368 tanks... lol... that's more than most countries.

    Realistically whole serviceable tanks inside NVR is about 100 max.  About manpower they are probably not far, though.

    That and explains why they can't beat the NAF to their own people. As for the tanks, I believe about 200 or so.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  flamming_python on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:28 am

    Most ridiculous is 940 APCs

    According to their own figures that would be 1 APC for every 35 men in the Novorussian army.
    Or for every 20-25 rather if we take just the Novorussian infantry.

    Completely bogus number.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:27 am

    franco wrote:From my initial look of the blog posted above;

    Lugansk Armed Forces

    2 Motor Rifle brigades
    1 Motor Rifle BTG
    1 Military Security Regiment
    1 Spetsnaz / Reconnaissance battalion
    2 Separate - "Ghost" brigade and 1st "Cossack" regiment

    Donesk Armed Forces

    7 Motor Rifle brigades
    1 Artillery brigade
    1 Military Security Regiment
    1 Spetsnaz / Reconnaissance brigade
    1 Republican Guard (3-6 separate BTG's used as strategic reserve)
    3 Separate - Sparta, Somalia, Vostok BTG's

    Donesk Ministry of Interior

    3 Security battalions
    1 OMON Berkut battalion
    1 SOBR Falcon (SWAT)

    After further review and working the numbers, have the following observations to the above;
    - the 7 Motor Rifle brigades total from Donetsk probably includes the 2 from Lugansk. So see a total of 7 with 5 from Donetsk and 2 from Lugansk.
    - the Vostok Separate unit from Donetsk is actually one of the Donetsk brigades. Sparta and Somalia are the only Donetsk Separate units.
    - the Republican Guard probably only includes 3 or 4 at the most separate BTG's. It was these units that raided Marinka last week.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:54 pm

    LC militia said they have 8 SAM "Wasp"


    Anti-power self-proclaimed People's Republic of Lugansk are armed with eight anti-aircraft missile complexes "Osa", seized from the Ukrainian military in September last year, said on Wednesday the deputy commander of the Corps of the People's Militia Vitaly Kiselev.

    "During the liquidation of the boiler Ilovaisky our units were seized sufficient number of weapons, including air defense. In particular, we took possession of anti-aircraft missile systems "Wasp", which are now ready to successfully manage our airspace. To date, ten units, which we have captured eight restored and work is still under renovation on two machines "- quoted Kiselyov Lugansk Information Center.

    Kiselev also said that the captured air defenses are already alert. For a week they were shot down by a missile from a drone and tactical missile system "Tochka-U".

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1723
    Points : 1763
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  franco on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:28 pm

    Some numbers of the equipment that the NAF acquired at the start of the hostilities last summer;
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://warfiles.ru/show-91446-podschet-trofeev.html&usg=ALkJrhh3zelk9rRge2JkU5p1EgjzRJ2PIA

    Godric
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 391
    Points : 405
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  Godric on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:36 pm

    cracker wrote:so poland gave those T-72 in the end to ukropists... They will blow up fine just like T-64... even better, T-72M/M1 are just pathetic compared to T-64BV. I hope ukrops paid very high price for those tin cans.

    no composite armor and the armor itself it much thinner than the T-72A ... basically a coffin for 3 Hahols dunno

    Sponsored content

    Re: United Armed Forces of Novorossiya (NAF)

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:58 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:58 pm