Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Dmitry Medvedev

    Share

    Kyo
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 514
    Points : 563
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 67
    Location : Brasilia

    Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  Kyo on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:56 pm

    What do you make of Dmitry Medvedev? Is he up to the task of being a sound PM for Rússia?

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:00 pm

    In comperision with Lavrov, Glazayev or Starikow he is weak, slow and has much less of a backbone for this kind of job than necessary. The essence of it is, you can say there are no better than putin right now but you very well can say there are quite a few better than Medvedev for his job.

    collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1207
    Points : 1234
    Join date : 2012-10-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Roanapur

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  collegeboy16 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:48 am

    Werewolf wrote:In comperision with Lavrov, Glazayev or Starikow he is weak, slow and has much less of a backbone for this kind of job than necessary. The essence of it is, you can say there are no better than putin right now but you very well can say there are quite a few better than Medvedev for his job.

    well he was president when georgia happened- if he was really that weak he wouldve just let the breakaway republics hang out to dry.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:53 am

    collegeboy16 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:In comperision with Lavrov, Glazayev or Starikow he is weak, slow and has much less of a backbone for this kind of job than necessary. The essence of it is, you can say there are no better than putin right now but you very well can say there are quite a few better than Medvedev for his job.

    well he was president when georgia happened- if he was really that weak he wouldve just let the breakaway republics hang out to dry.

    He was just a placeholder he did not command any of the forces, he did not make strategy or tactics, they always have advisors, civil and military for such job.

    collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1207
    Points : 1234
    Join date : 2012-10-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Roanapur

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  collegeboy16 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:00 am

    Werewolf wrote:

    He was just a placeholder he did not command any of the forces, he did not make strategy or tactics, they always have advisors, civil and military for such job.

    as president he is also supreme commander in chief- its still up to him to give the go signal on anything major like a war against another country.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:02 am

    collegeboy16 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

    He was just a placeholder he did not command any of the forces, he did not make strategy or tactics, they always have advisors, civil and military for such job.

    as president he is also supreme commander in chief- its still up to him to give the go signal on anything major like a war against another country.

    That is the easiest job because he can't be hold responsible for anything, he does not command strategies and forces around others do. Like you said, he just says "go" after advisors say him to.

    collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1207
    Points : 1234
    Join date : 2012-10-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Roanapur

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  collegeboy16 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:15 am

    Werewolf wrote:
    That is the easiest job because he can't be hold responsible for anything, he does not command strategies and forces around others do. Like you said, he just says "go" after advisors say him to.

    well if the entire thing failed he would be under fire for it- he endorsed it after all so its his responsibility. most likely his popularity ratings take a dive- or it could go other way, a sort of rally around the flag effect, depending on how well he can spindoctor it. worst case he gets removed from power, take an early retirement like what kruschev experienced after the humiliation in 62.

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  TR1 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:04 am

    collegeboy16 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:In comperision with Lavrov, Glazayev or Starikow he is weak, slow and has much less of a backbone for this kind of job than necessary. The essence of it is, you can say there are no better than putin right now but you very well can say there are quite a few better than Medvedev for his job.

    well he was president when georgia happened- if he was really that weak he wouldve just let the breakaway republics hang out to dry.

    Putin would not have allowed that.

    Great public support opportunity.

    Kyo
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 514
    Points : 563
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 67
    Location : Brasilia

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  Kyo on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:20 pm

    collegeboy16 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    That is the easiest job because he can't be hold responsible for anything, he does not command strategies and forces around others do. Like you said, he just says "go" after advisors say him to.

    well if the entire thing failed he would be under fire for it- he endorsed it after all so its his responsibility. most likely his popularity ratings take a dive- or it could go other way, a sort of rally around the flag effect, depending on how well he can spindoctor it. worst case he gets removed from power, take an early retirement like what kruschev experienced after the humiliation in 62.
    Let's not forget that the West perceives his relative weakness and sort of courts him in order to drive a wedge in Putin's team.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9432
    Points : 9924
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  George1 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:42 am

    Russian PM gets 1.5 mln followers on Instagram

    MOSCOW, August 18. /TASS/. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev who has crossed the 1.5-million follower mark on Instagram thanked his subscribers with a smiling selfie taken in a gym on Tuesday.

    "1.5 million! Thank you for attention! Do sports!" the prime minister said in a commentary to his second selfie published on Instagram.

    Medvedev shared his first selfie on Instagram last June after getting 400,000 followers. The picture garnered over 196,000 likes.

    The Russian premier is an active social media user with accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Vkontakte, a Russian social networking site.


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  Regular on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:20 am

    He is sound guy, bit slowpoke, but he is smart and he has modern thinking and shows understanding of his things. I wouldn't call him spineless.
    Russia still kicked ass when he was president and he is not bad as PM, why so much h8.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dmitry Medvedev

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:41 pm


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:41 pm