Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+98
The-thing-next-door
Interlinked
Tingsay
Isos
rrob
getoverit
Fred333
0nillie0
GarryB
eehnie
par far
calm
Singular_Transform
Viktor
Grazneyar
Godric
auslander
KiloGolf
whir
nomadski
KoTeMoRe
ultimatewarrior
crod
d_taddei2
zorobabel
Kimppis
Karl Haushofer
BKP
miketheterrible
victor1985
SeigSoloyvov
Azi
Project Canada
JohninMK
Rmf
Svyatoslavich
PapaDragon
GunshipDemocracy
Book.
kingodthequeens
OminousSpudd
Prince Darling
franco
Cucumber Khan
Specnaz
sheytanelkebir
RTN
jhelb
George1
mack8
Walther von Oldenburg
Big_Gazza
Manov
max steel
kvs
Zivo
VladimirSahin
chromatin1
Trexonian
G Bob
Hannibal Barca
Vympel
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
navyfield
higurashihougi
Mike E
Sujoy
TheArmenian
flamming_python
Werewolf
macedonian
Asf
TR1
Vann7
vK_man
SSDD
ahmedfire
nemrod
As Sa'iqa
AlfaT8
medo
sepheronx
Department Of Defense
Cyberspec
collegeboy16
gaurav
NickM
BTRfan
Firebird
Regular
Corrosion
chenzhao
KomissarBojanchev
SOC
Admin
Turk1
milky_candy_sugar
102 posters

Talking bollocks thread

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Talking bollocks thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

Post  JohninMK Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:54 pm

eehnie wrote:
    It would be better then if you quote properly. It is confusing. You mix your own words with other that are not from you. Is this quoting way (even without links) in agreement with the rules?

Also to remember that you asked for banning people that posted non English messages without translation.

Finally, the source seems of very poor quality, like Twitter sources in overall terms.
    As you are not a native English speaker and have become confused with my use of the language please accept my humble apologies for breaking the rules by forgetting to put that post in italics. As I did not make any comment of my own in that post I thought that even so it would be clear.

I am getting on a bit now so perhaps you would be kind enough to remind me as to where I asked for that type of ban as I am pretty sure I haven't. I might have complained when it was a potentially interesting item that everyone would then have to translate but I would hardly include the tweet that I quoted in that category as my post was a response to you, not everyone.

Please feel free to put me on ignore or just ignore my quotes from Twitter. The latter may indeed be of low quality but they are a very high percentage of what we have. In this case perhaps you could explain where that cartographer got that map wrong.

Garry, please include this in your dump to Bullshit. And apologies to those who have this esteemed in his own mind person on ignore.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Talking bollocks thread - Page 40 Empty temporary talking bollock thread

Post  eehnie Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:01 am

JohninMK wrote:I am getting on a bit now so perhaps you would be kind enough to remind me as to where I asked for that type of ban as I am pretty sure I haven't. I might have complained when it was a potentially interesting item that everyone would then have to translate but I would hardly include the tweet that I quoted in that category as my post was a response to you, not everyone.

Please feel free to put me on ignore or just ignore my quotes from Twitter. The latter may indeed be of low quality but they are a very high percentage of what we have. In this case perhaps you could explain where that cartographer got that map wrong.

In a fast search, I think these comments are explicit, taking into account the result of a person banned because of this reason:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t5289p75-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-10#171818 (I consider this a call to a ban)
    https://www.russiadefence.net/t5289p100-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-10#172040
    https://www.russiadefence.net/t5313p125-syrian-civil-war-news-9#172317 (This is a explicit call to a ban)

Kimppis
    Kimppis

Talking bollocks thread - Page 40 Empty Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #13

Post  Kimppis Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Russia: 53.4
    Finland: 4.4

I wonder what the figures for 2017 are? Someone who reads Russian could check out Rosstat. In any case, looking at certain other similar indicators, like life expectancy, alcohol consumption, infant mortality, suicides and homicide rate, in which Russia has rapidly improved in a short period time, it could be similar with road fatalities. So what is the trend? How was Russia in 2008? 2005? So before comparing Russia to Finland, we should wait until 2030. Look at Korea 21.2, Chile 51.1, China 104.5... Those two Asian countries are surprising, I guess even in South Korea widespread car ownership is still a comparatively new thing. North Korea had higher living standards until the 70s, btw...

Last edited by Kimppis on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:02 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:
    gaurav wrote:
    MikeTerrible wrote:People here thinking it was shot down. Very stupid. Plus, iets a 30 year old antanov....

Mann absolutely correct .
    Everyone is thinking it was shot down. no mann very old airframe .. almost fully spent aircraft
    still in active duty what do you expect . We need Russ gov to regularly check RDF for updates/policy guidance .Only then they will start spending on aviation platforms and get them on active duty in Russian army.

It clearly stalled out, the question is why?  
    Why are Russian roads more dangerous than Finnish roads even when there is a similar climate in these countries? It's the mentality of people.

Are they? How do you know? Which roads? From where?

I also figure you never figured out the difference between Finland and Russia. Hint: size and population.

Guarantee you there are more paved roads in Russia than Finland. Also guarantee you that those are also newely paved roads.

Road fatalities per 100,000 vehicles per year:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Vs population right? 5M vs 146M.

Big difference.
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:04 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:
    gaurav wrote:
    MikeTerrible wrote:People here thinking it was shot down. Very stupid. Plus, iets a 30 year old antanov....

Everyone is thinking it was shot down. no mann very old airframe .. almost fully spent aircraft
    still in active duty what do you expect . We need Russ gov to regularly check RDF for updates/policy guidance .Only then they will start spending on aviation platforms and get them on active duty in Russian army.

Why are Russian roads more dangerous than Finnish roads even when there is a similar climate in these countries? It's the mentality of people.

I also figure you never figured out the difference between Finland and Russia. Hint: size and population.

Guarantee you there are more paved roads in Russia than Finland. Also guarantee you that those are also newely paved roads.

Big difference.

It's obviously per capita (per 100,000 vehicles). C'mon Mike...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:08 pm

Kimppis wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:
    gaurav wrote:

Big difference.

It's obviously per capita (per 100,000 vehicles). C'mon Mike...

Per 100,000 vehicles. And how many vehicles on road in both countries. It's actually relevant big time. There are things called congestions and other factors put into place because of massive use of roads from one vs the other.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:09 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Shoigu's head should roll.

It looks pretty much Pilot error.. You can't blame this to SHoigu if the pilot
    commit a mistake.. You can have the best plane in the universe and if you
    don't follow the safety guidelines of flying then any plane will crash..
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:23 pm

Miketheterrible:

Well, Russian car ownership per capita is considerably lower than in Finland, and even its population density is lower...

There was of course the communism thing as well: widespread car ownership is a relatively new thing in Russia.

You obviously seem to have some... may I say weird ideas about Russian living standards. It's not propaganda or Russophobia to say that Russian living standards are still quite a bit lower than in the West. It's an obvious fact. Sure, most people have no idea about Russian living standards and Russia-haters love to exaggerate those differences. And certainly the gap is much smaller than it was 10 or 20 years, but it still very clearly exists.

So there are some things:

1. The "driving culture" is less developed, as I mentioned above. It takes time
    2. Alcohol consumption is still higher in Russia
    3. Infrastructure is worse on average
    4. Finland is like one of the most egalitarian, orderly and developed countries in the world. Comparing it to Russia less than 20 years after... well, Yeltsin, is not exactly fair (of course, it depends on the indicator)

As I pointed out in my previous comment: even South Korea rate is over 20, Chile is at 50, China at over 100... So sure Russia looks bad compared to Finland, but much less so when compared to the global average.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:31 pm

Kimppis wrote:Miketheterrible:

Well, Russian car ownership per capita is considerably lower than in Finland, and even its population density is lower...

There was of course the communism thing as well: widespread car ownership is a relatively new thing in Russia.

You obviously seem to have some... may I say weird ideas about Russian living standards. It's not propaganda or Russophobia to say that Russian living standards are still quite a bit lower than in the West. It's an obvious fact. Sure, most people have no idea about Russian living standards and Russia-haters love to exaggerate those differences. And certainly the gap is much smaller than it was 10 or 20 years, but it still very clearly exists.

So there are some things:

1. The "driving culture" is less developed, as I mentioned above. It takes time
    2. Alcohol consumption is still higher in Russia
    3. Infrastructure is worse on average
    4. Finland is like one of the most egalitarian, orderly and developed countries in the world. Comparing it to Russia less than 20 years after... well, Yeltsin, is not exactly fair (of course, it depends on the indicator)

As I pointed out in my previous comment: even South Korea rate is over 20, Chile is at 50, China at over 100... So sure Russia looks bad compared to Finland, but much less so when compared to the global average.

Alright. How many cars are on the road in Helsinki? How many in Moscow? In 1 day use?
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:31 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:
    gaurav wrote:

Big difference.

No, the chart is fatalities per 100,000 vehicles. Which makes it a valid comparison between Russia vs. Finland or even Russia vs. Luxemberg (given that there are more at least 100,000 vehicles in Luxemburg).
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:40 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:
    gaurav wrote:

Big difference.

No, the chart is fatalities per 100,000 vehicles. Which makes it a valid comparison between Russia vs. Finland or even Russia vs. Luxemberg (given that there are more at least 100,000 vehicles in Luxemburg).

No, it really doesn't. It's basic cause it doesn't take into account the amount of vehicles on the road at the same time/day, general construction and congestion. Which Moscow is know for having the worst due to general population.

Like I asked. How many drivers in Moscow vs Helsinki?
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:49 pm

Kimppis wrote:

This is a longer phenomenon. Based on your nickname you are a Finn, right? I'm a Finn too.

Finland used to be a grand duchy of Russia from 1809 to 1917. This was generally a good time for Finland. Finnish economy developed rapidly and also Finnish political and cultural institutions developed into the phase where independence was possible in 1917 (although it wouldn't have been possible without that Russian traitor Lenin. Lenin has always been well-liked in Finland because of this, there are even a few Lenin statues still standing in Finland).

But what is interesting is that during all this time of being part of Russia Finland was considerably richer than Russia proper. There was a considerable gap in standard of living between Russia and Finland, a grand duchy of Russia. Why? Because Finland had more industries than Russia (per capita). Finland did not have a land-slavery as Russia did. Finland had a better educational system than Russia.

Some travellers such as Elias Lönnroth who often went to Russia gave their impressions about this. Once you left Finland and came to Russia the houses weren't painted with red ochre anymore. Houses and courtyards were not as clean and wealthy as in Finland. People didn't look as healthy as in Finland. People were less spontaneous and initiative than in Finland. I have read books about Lönnroth and others from that time and their memos state things like this. I don't think they were racist towards Russians, since their description about Russia and Russians seemed good-natured otherwise. They just noted the poverty that was in place in Russia compared to Finland during those times. (The hatred of Russia in Finland developed later, during the first two decades of the 20th century).
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:54 pm

Neutralty wrote:"WW2 mini loss" , "Stalin was sleep while USSR was being invaded".
    Yaah we have gone crazy.

See everyone is knowledge here. So everyone can pin point the issues.
    If yu see U.S then 3 mass shootings have occurred in last 6 months , las vegas , texass church and florida .. hell lot of people were killed .
    And by the wasy .. Russian intelligence is heavily involved in this deep state war . We are living in a crazy world.

But here the pilot just could not do anything what normal aircraft do everyday landing ..like increasing the speed , increase altitude , angle of nose etc.
    The pilot was trained(Russian training slightly different though) it is just that he could take take any evasive measure in last  1minute ..
    He had to save lives .. that is what comes in midn of pilots .. in the last 20 secs .. do anything to save live .. increase speed..

The official report (MoD) says that it was technical fault with aircraft .. Criminal investigation top KGB level committee (invest commit)  pressing chrages clearly points out the fact the condition of the plane was deteriorating  .. and may be it was unfit to fly ..
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:41 am

kvs wrote:The risk of plane crashes is not zero.   There is nothing to indicate that this was a "special case" crash.   If Russia wants to avoid
    losing lots of key people, then it needs to spread the risk by flying them in stages or on different aircraft.    I do not believe this
    crash is such an epic disaster as the people in this thread make it out to be.    The whole command staff did not get obliterated.
    It is sad and tragic, but you takes your chances when you fly.

I should remind people that most aircraft deaths are in western "high tech" aircraft.

Why dont old 1980s c-130s carrying US soldiers to Iraq crash even if the US air force has very poor maintenance for transport aircraft? Why dont worn out old block euro F-16s not crashevery few months?

Why are non fighter Russian pilots drooling retards that a simple high visibility normal load approuch is fucked up with one of the most reliable planes ever built. Why did sukhoi recruit absolutely retarded irresponsible pilots to fly the SSJ 100 that crashed in indonesia. I sincerely wish only sergei bogdan or the Russian Knights fly any plane carrying generals or orchestra in and out of syria.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:03 am

Could I get a the credentials to pilot a Russian military transport if I proved Im an expert at landing Pe-2s and Il-4s in Il2 1946? Or if I proved I was better than an ukrainian pilot since their standards are so low?unshaven
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:16 am

Theory so far is that people on board crashed aircraft were pilots, probably crew rotation

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:42 am