Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+98
The-thing-next-door
Interlinked
Tingsay
Isos
rrob
getoverit
Fred333
0nillie0
GarryB
eehnie
par far
calm
Singular_Transform
Viktor
Grazneyar
Godric
auslander
KiloGolf
whir
nomadski
KoTeMoRe
ultimatewarrior
crod
d_taddei2
zorobabel
Kimppis
Karl Haushofer
BKP
miketheterrible
victor1985
SeigSoloyvov
Azi
Project Canada
JohninMK
Rmf
Svyatoslavich
PapaDragon
GunshipDemocracy
Book.
kingodthequeens
OminousSpudd
Prince Darling
franco
Cucumber Khan
Specnaz
sheytanelkebir
RTN
jhelb
George1
mack8
Walther von Oldenburg
Big_Gazza
Manov
max steel
kvs
Zivo
VladimirSahin
chromatin1
Trexonian
G Bob
Hannibal Barca
Vympel
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
navyfield
higurashihougi
Mike E
Sujoy
TheArmenian
flamming_python
Werewolf
macedonian
Asf
TR1
Vann7
vK_man
SSDD
ahmedfire
nemrod
As Sa'iqa
AlfaT8
medo
sepheronx
Department Of Defense
Cyberspec
collegeboy16
gaurav
NickM
BTRfan
Firebird
Regular
Corrosion
chenzhao
KomissarBojanchev
SOC
Admin
Turk1
milky_candy_sugar
102 posters

Talking bollocks thread

Talking bollocks thread - Page 24 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

Post  Guest Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:58 am

Vann7 wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Some of you guys need to get over this.  Tu-154 has a history of being a piece of shit.  Unfortunately, it needs to be phased out.  It didn't and another one crashed.  Doesn't require outside interference.  These things are notorious it seems.  Hence why such a high demand for MS-21.

Russia have an abysmal problem of too frequent accidents in planes , that people in this forums
    does not want to admit is real. So is not only TU-154. Is the entire military aviation industry
    from hellicopters to planes. THe mi-8 crash almost every month killing more than a dozen of passenger per time. is a flying coffin. I really think the problem is far more than the plane, 
    but all to do with the quality controls in Russia and poor supervision and training of mechanical
    staff. Russian airliners civilian private industry does not show such abysmal level of accidents
    that Russia military aircrafts show.

As usually you need to take in count how many Mi-8 derivates are flying on regular basis... thousands. When you fly alot, accidents are to happen. Same with car accidents, you will have far more accidents involving Golf 5 than Mercedes SLK.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:11 am

Vann7 wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Some of you guys need to get over this.  Tu-154 has a history of being a piece of shit.  Unfortunately, it needs to be phased out.  It didn't and another one crashed.  Doesn't require outside interference.  These things are notorious it seems.  Hence why such a high demand for MS-21.

Russia have an abysmal problem of too frequent accidents in planes , that people in this forums
    does not want to admit is real. So is not only TU-154. Is the entire military aviation industry
    from hellicopters to planes. THe mi-8 crash almost every month killing more than a dozen of passenger per time. is a flying coffin. I really think the problem is far more than the plane, 
    but all to do with the quality controls in Russia and poor supervision and training of mechanical
    staff. Russian airliners civilian private industry does not show such abysmal level of accidents

If you have some data about deaths in accidents by aircraft model, or about deaths in accidents by Km of fly in different countries post it.

Otherwise these are only opportunistic comments.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Vann7 wrote:.........

Vann, as always please just SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!

Nobody gives a sh*t about your retarded ramblings. Now put your bicycle helmet back on, change your diapers and go back to playing with your crayons.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Terrible, RIP.
    Hope this plane will be completely retired after this
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:47 pm

RIP.

something in my head tells me this could be a potential act of sabotage by Russia's foreign "Partners".., I hope I am wrong.

I can already see cheers from the ranks of Jihadist Terrorist sympathizers across social media, Disgusting, I hope Russia kills more Terrorist pigs in Syria and beyond
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:56 pm

Cut the BS. Old plane(dom 1983) , was said to be phased out at 2016. Russian aviation forums and reputable officials are not event considering possibility of sabotage by jihadi scum or as You said - western spies, baltic snipers. No need to be paranoid.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Russia has a terrible record in operating passenger planes. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the overall worst in the world. There's this ever-ongoing drumbeat of tragedies that I just don't see happening with any other country. Anyone who says otherwise is in a state of denial. I don't know why the issue never seems to be seriously addressed in Russia. They should, because it is an absolute national embarrassment. Maybe some people simply need to be shot by a firing squad to start getting improvement. The whole thing is just stupefying.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:12 pm

BKP wrote:Russia has a terrible record in operating passenger planes. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the overall worst in the world. There's this ever-ongoing drumbeat of tragedies that I just don't see happening with any other country. Anyone who says otherwise is in a state of denial. I don't know why the issue never seems to be seriously addressed in Russia. They should, because it is an absolute national embarrassment. Maybe some people simply need to be shot by a firing squad to start getting improvement. The whole thing is just stupefying.

*Citation Needed

I mean, they fly ridiculous amounts. There doesn't seem to be much to back up your statement. SSJ-100 crashed because pilots let a journalist fly it (stupid) and that is about it for new Russian passenger planes. Tu-154 has a history that doesn't make me want to fly with that plane ever.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:23 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:Russia has a terrible record in operating passenger planes. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the overall worst in the world. There's this ever-ongoing drumbeat of tragedies that I just don't see happening with any other country. Anyone who says otherwise is in a state of denial. I don't know why the issue never seems to be seriously addressed in Russia. They should, because it is an absolute national embarrassment. Maybe some people simply need to be shot by a firing squad to start getting improvement. The whole thing is just stupefying.

*Citation Needed

I mean, they fly ridiculous amounts.  There doesn't seem to be much to back up your statement.  SSJ-100 crashed because pilots let a journalist fly it (stupid) and that is about it for new Russian passenger planes.  Tu-154 has a history that doesn't make me want to fly with that plane ever.

Listen. I said that because it is so upsetting. But, really, do i actually have to use a search engine to compile a long list going back over the years to substantiate what I wrote? I have little problem recalling my angst as such incidents have piled up over the years.

What other country has things like this happen, dealing such a huge blow to national prestige? I can only think of the incident with Poland... one incident.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Lots of countries have plane crashed. Are you trying to kid yourself?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_commercial_aircraft#2016

Not completed but of course gives a good indication it isn't just Russia.

Now, please provide an apology to the rest of the forum members for posting such idiocy.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:07 pm

[quote="BKP"][quote="miketheterrible"]
    BKP wrote:
    What other country has things like this happen, dealing such a huge blow to national prestige? I can only think of the incident with Poland... one incident.
    And the Poland incident happened to happen in Russia too Sad
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:07 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Lots of countries have plane crashed.  Are you trying to kid yourself?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_commercial_aircraft#2016

Not completed but of course gives a good indication it isn't just Russia.

Yeah, does a pretty good job in undermining the "case" you're trying to make. Just look at the infographic comparing incidents to population density. Also, that survey dates back to 1922. My post is in regard to modern, MODERN Russia.

I'm not going down the road of this argument today. It's preposterous. I guess US, Canada, Finland, Spain, Germany, hell, even Ukraine are losing orchestras and the like in regular air accidents, but for some reason we're just not hearing about them.

I'm not going to get into a tit-for-tat exchange with you where we each slap up postings from I'm-right-you're wrong.com. But, with no effort you can easily find other commentary on the obvious:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/egypt-ppane-crash-the-tragic-recent-history-of-russian-aviation-a6716091.html

Egypt plane crash: The tragic recent history of Russian aviation
    In the past 20 years there have been 20 fatal events involving passenger flights on Russian airlines, with the loss of a total of 1,330 lives

"In the past 20 years there have been 20 fatal events involving passenger flights on Russian airlines, with the loss of a total of 1,330 lives. The frequency of incidents is disturbing, given the strides in aviation safety elsewhere in the world. In Britain, which has many more flights and passengers than Russia, the last fatal accident involving a passenger jet aircraft was the Kegworth disaster in 1989."

Not doing do great as compared to well-heeled Britain, for one. I mean, really?? And, again, not taking into account military passenger transport. A whole other, but related, can of worms.

miketheterrible wrote:
    Now, please provide an apology to the rest of the forum members for posting such idiocy.

Lol, seriously? Jump in a lake fatboy. I'm not going to be cowed into retreat for pointing out the OBVIOUS. Oh, and merry Christmas

Last edited by BKP on Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:09 pm

Egypt plane crash was a terrorist attack numb nuts.  Also, I proved you wrong.  The link I posted goes to 2016 if you have the failures to read.

So seriously, provide an apology.  Because your Vann7 drivel just made us a little bit more dumb thanks to you

Talking bollocks thread - Page 24 8Ypkblq

Last edited by miketheterrible on Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:11 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Egypt plane crash was a terrorist attack numb nuts.  Also, I proved you wrong.  The link I posted goes to 2016 if you have the failures to read.

So seriously, provide an apology.  Because your Vann7 drivel just made us a little bit more dumb thanks to you

You didn't "prove' shit! What part of "jump in a lake fatboy" did you not comprehend?
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:12 pm

BKP wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Egypt plane crash was a terrorist attack numb nuts.  Also, I proved you wrong.  The link I posted goes to 2016 if you have the failures to read.

You didn't "prove' shit! What part of "jump in a lake fatboy" did you not comprehend?

I did.  You are just too stupid to read.

You said Russia has the most crashes.  I proved you wrong.  Good job being too stupid to realize it.

And in your desperate attempt, try to use terrorism as an example.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:28 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:

You said Russia has the most crashes.  I proved you wrong.  Good job being too stupid to realize it.

Oh, and BTW, the Egypt crash was due to Russian negligence. That plane was operating out of country that is the home of the Muslim Brotherhood, and is rife with all manner of fanatical Islamic networks, during a time in which Russia was heavily conducting military operations in Syria. If Russia couldn't ensure adequate security in Egypt, then it had no business there.

This all stems from laxity and inattention. That is the root cause. How many excuses are you going to make? If blame is not properly assessed then there will be no improvement. The Russian authorities who should be handing this must "think" like you, if you want to characterize it as such.

Last edited by BKP on Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Stop insulting the tu-154!! It has actually been one the most reliable and safe aircraft ever built, but apparently too many retards are flying them, also the fact that some actually got shot down doesn't help.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:32 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:

I think you said that Russia doesn't have more crashes than the rest of the world combined. For individual countries Russia has by far the most crashes.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:55 pm

BKP wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:

Oh, and BTW, the Egypt crash was due to Russian negligence. That plane was operating out of country that is the home of the Muslim Brotherhood, and is rife with all manner of fanatical Islamic networks, during a time in which Russia was heavily conducting military operations in Syria. If Russia couldn't ensure adequate security in Egypt, then it had no business there.

This all stems from laxity and inattention. That is the root cause. How many excuses are you going to make? If blame is not properly assessed then there will be no improvement. The Russian authorities who should be handing this must "think" like you, if you want to characterize it as such.

More like the fault of the airport for not operating proper safety measures.  But of course, blame Russia for Egypts negligence.  Loser.

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:

I think you said that Russia doesn't have more crashes than the rest of the world combined. For individual countries Russia has by far the most crashes.

Thanks for proving nothing. Please provide data to back that up. I have already. So far, I am one of the only people who has provided any kind of backup data and not pure bullshit and opinions.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:03 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Thanks for proving nothing.  Please provide data to back that up.  I have already.  So far, I am one of the only people who has provided any kind of backup data and not pure bullshit and opinions.
    What individual country has had more aviation accidents than Russia during the last 20 years?

I would bet all of my money that no one.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:13 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Thanks for proving nothing.  Please provide data to back that up.  I have already.  So far, I am one of the only people who has provided any kind of backup data and not pure bullshit and opinions.
    What individual country has had more aviation accidents than Russia during the last 20 years?

Go look.  I already gave the link.

did you know that Aeroflot has the highest safety ratings in the world? Bet you didn't.  But that is understandable, as this forums seems to be a centrifuge of morons who can post whatever drivel.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/262867/fatal-civil-airliner-accidents-since-1945-by-country-and-region/
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:57 pm

I'd love to see some actual statistics. In any case, I'm pretty certain that even aviation safety has improved in Russia during the last 10-15 years like basically everything else. Sure, these kind of incidents do show that it's probably relatively one of the biggest problems in the country, but even then the overall trend has to be positive.
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:00 pm

BKP wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:

More like the fault of the airport for not operating proper safety measures.  But of course, blame Russia for Egypts negligence.  Loser.

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:

Get a load of this guy, so full of insults for the intelligence of others.

1) List of the 25 geographical regions having the highest number of fatal civil airliner accidents from 1945 until now. Military accidents, corporate jets, hijackings (and other criminal occurrences) are not included:

http://aviation-safety.net/statistics/geographical/worst_geo_loc.php

Number 2 on the list? Soviet Union/Russia. You like data? Let's see you prove that this overall picture has improved since 1989. And, I'll state again, go back and review the infographic on the wikipedia page you posted. I do not believe you grasped its meaning.

2) List of countries with the highest number of airline passengers:

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-number-of-airline-passengers.html

Russia? Not even in the top 10. Sinking in yet?

None of this takes into account military passenger transport. I can well imagine that is not a particularly pretty picture either.

Okay, let's see your list of other countries that have recently lost an national heirloom such as the Red Army Choir in an air traffic accident, as has just happened today. That lineage is now likely broken. It is just fucking inexcusable.

What the fuck? How the hell is Russia not in top 10 and countries like Turkey and Indonesia is above it? :O Russia is the largest country in the world and their aviation traditions are immense. Turkey is poorer than Russia in every single way (although not massively so), its population is considerably smaller and its geographical is obviously much much smaller. Is it due to Russian railways or something? Otherwise I call BS on that, it simply doesn't include Russia at all.

Last edited by Kimppis on Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:00 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Go look.  I already gave the link.

did you know that Aeroflot has the highest safety ratings in the world? Bet you didn't.  But that is understandable, as this forums seems to be a centrifuge of morons who can post whatever drivel.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/262867/fatal-civil-airliner-accidents-since-1945-by-country-and-region/
    He said in the past 20 years. My guess is that it would either be Russia or Indonesia.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:26 pm

BKP wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    BKP wrote:

Get a load of this guy, so full of insults for the intelligence of others.

1) List of the 25 geographical regions having the highest number of fatal civil airliner accidents from 1945 until now. Military accidents, corporate jets, hijackings (and other criminal occurrences) are not included:

http://aviation-safety.net/statistics/geographical/worst_geo_loc.php

Number 2 on the list? Soviet Union/Russia. You like data? Let's see you prove that this overall picture has improved since 1989. And, I'll state again, go back and review the infographic on the wikipedia page you posted. I do not believe you grasped its meaning.

2) List of countries with the highest number of airline passengers:

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-number-of-airline-passengers.html

Russia? Not even in the top 10. Sinking in yet?

None of this takes into account military passenger transport. I can well imagine that is not a particularly pretty picture either.

Okay, let's see your list of other countries that have recently lost an national heirloom such as the Red Army Choir in an air traffic accident, as has just happened today. That lineage is now likely broken. It is just fucking inexcusable.

Oh, so being from the worst to second worst it sees.  Some goalposting is being moved here.

But you are correct. Having second highest crashes while retaining a smaller spot on the amount of passangers total being moved around isn't good. And this is indication that things need to change. Aeroflot has one of the highest safety standards in the world and is regarded as one of the best airline companies in the world, being one of the safest to fly with. So maybe whatever standards they follow needs to be replicated with all.

So I apologize for insulting you. I disagreed with having the worst safety standards and most amount of crashes. But I do agree with the fact they have a major issue.

Last edited by miketheterrible on Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:49 am