Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Talking bollocks thread

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Talking bollocks thread

Post  GarryB on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:32 pm

You know that on this forum have members that are flooding your threads with shit, BS, insults, sourceless posts, trolling, made up shit, fake "RUSSIA LOST ANOTHER BOMBER IN HOMS" news and what not. Posters with multiple accounts some of which are even one "Forum contributors" pulling your nose around.

So your first argument is everyone else is doing it... not a good start.

... and you instead dealing with all that decide to pick up on me at least once in two weeks coz i posted something from a source you consider as not worthy? And in post i more than clearly expressed my skepticism towards some of the claims from the article?

So your second argument is that I am picking on you.

Perhaps instead of scepticism, perhaps not posting crap would have been a better move?

Now i am wondering are you trying to make me leave this forum? Coz if its the latter one i am out in a moment i am not getting paid here or anything there are places on this dear World Wide Web where i am very well respected and understood and not getting trolled by forum staff like i am 13 years old World of Tank player.

If I did not respect you I would have let your stupid post pass... and BTW I have the tools to make any member leave this forum if I choose... and I is something I choose not to use unless absolutely necessary.

That article was clicked more times than any article on PAK-FA written in last 6 months hands down. Isnt it sort of "smart" to read the damn thing so you know what "other side" (however stupid that sounds) is claiming?

Couldn't give a shit what that dork thinks about the PAK FA. Not interested.

I shall repeat this once more, as i did already few times, read what i post, if you dont like it, block me... if you want.. ban me, but seriously do not force some shit on me that makes very little sense whatsoever + ppl like Vann, Solc, ult and few others are raping your threads with BS that DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A SOURCE.

The source in this case is an asshole... I would rather read a members uneducated opinion than this dribble.

You know already what you can expect from DailyBeast and War is Boring, doesnt mean there are not some nice stuff there between "Russia sucks" and "Putin is Evil" lines.

So exactly what part of this bilge is nice stuff?

What has it brought to this thread that is new?

What value has it added to this thread?

This post and most of the posts before it have added nothing to this thread except wasted some bandwidth... say what you want to say... tomorrow when I log on I am going to remove these posts.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Zivo on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Finally, I decided to read through the article after the heat it raised here. Good god, it is total crap.

David Axe is an outright propagandist.

The T-50—Russia’s answer to the U.S. Air Force’s F-22—is far from war-ready. Indeed, the twin-engine, radar-evading warplane is suffering such serious design, quality-control, and financing problems that it might never enter frontline service in large numbers.

Right off the bat he imagines this. He is clearly no expert, and includes no source. Assuming instead, his readers are stupid enough to repeat this claim without fact checking.

But the cash injection was short-lived—and could only do so much good, anyway, considering the deplorable condition of the Russian aerospace industry. The air force managed to repair hundreds of Soviet-era aircraft and buy additional hundreds of new planes. But the “new” planes are, in fact, almost all upgraded versions of Soviet-vintage jets. While Russian industry has devised new radars and missiles, the T-50 is one of Russia’s few truly new airframe designs—and it’s a mess.

Contradicts himself twice in the same paragraph...  Rolling Eyes

Specially shaped to avoid detection by radar, the T-50 shares the powerful engines, sensors, and missiles of older Russian warplanes.

Incorrect on all three counts. Did he not just say the missiles were new?

India had offered to co-develop the T-50 and buy scores of copies. But in 2014, Indian officials blah blah blah...

Discussed here and other places like keypub already. You are all familiar with this BS claim.

By comparison, the U.S. Air Force possesses more than 180 F-22s

Many of which are sitting in hangers. The popularized term, "boutique numbers" also applies to the F-22, as do most of his points. A good example, the two sent to Lithuania for propaganda purposes. Such airpower, so .0000000000001m², much LPI.

The Russian planes have flown hundreds of missions, targeting ISIS fighters, U.S.-backed moderate rebels and even civilians in rebel-held territory.

Not only is the Russian air force indiscriminately bombing civilians in Syria...

David Axe, you fucking piece of human garbage Mad

The costly Syria intervention has all but maxed out Russia’s capacity for aerial warfare. True, on paper the Kremlin possesses nearly 3,000 military aircraft. But even after Putin’s reforms, only a few hundred of the planes and helicopters are fully modern. Experienced pilots are in even shorter supply.  

The cost has been published, and as far as air campaigns go, Syria is cheap. I'd like to see his source for the "experienced pilots" claim. Seeing Su-34's plastered with 300+ sortie markers shows otherwise. Being so inexperienced, those russian crews sure as fuck turned the war around. Syria as a whole, is a prime example of the of the schizophrenia of western propaganda... russia is collapsing, yet simultaneously taking over the world.

In mid-2014, Moscow had a choice. It could expand its annexation of Crimea to include a direct attack on eastern Ukraine—an assault that would have required heavy air support. Or the Russian government could, as tradition dictated, plan for the annual Victory Day parade that, every May 9, commemorates the Soviet Union’s defeat of Nazi Germany—and includes a huge flyover of Moscow involving up to a hundred military aircraft, with scores more waiting nearby as back-ups in case some planes or copters break down.

The flyover required months of preparation and rehearsal—and effectively precluded another war. “From the beginning of intensive training, there was little capacity left for a military intervention,” Stefan Buettner wrote in Combat Aircraft, a trade magazine.

What a ridiculous claim, and a perfect coup de gras for this awful piece of propaganda. Go kill yourself David. lol1

Thanks for the laugh Militarov.
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:33 pm

GarryB wrote:
    You know that on this forum have members that are flooding your threads with shit, BS, insults, sourceless posts, trolling, made up shit, fake "RUSSIA LOST ANOTHER BOMBER IN HOMS" news and what not. Posters with multiple accounts some of which are even one "Forum contributors" pulling your nose around.

So your first argument is everyone else is doing it... not a good start.

... and you instead dealing with all that decide to pick up on me at least once in two weeks coz i posted something from a source you consider as not worthy? And in post i more than clearly expressed my skepticism towards some of the claims from the article?

So your second argument is that I am picking on you.

Perhaps instead of scepticism, perhaps not posting crap would have been a better move?

Now i am wondering are you trying to make me leave this forum? Coz if its the latter one i am out in a moment i am not getting paid here or anything there are places on this dear World Wide Web where i am very well respected and understood and not getting trolled by forum staff like i am 13 years old World of Tank player.

If I did not respect you I would have let your stupid post pass... and BTW I have the tools to make any member leave this forum if I choose... and I is something I choose not to use unless absolutely necessary.

That article was clicked more times than any article on PAK-FA written in last 6 months hands down. Isnt it sort of "smart" to read the damn thing so you know what "other side" (however stupid that sounds) is claiming?

Couldn't give a shit what that dork thinks about the PAK FA. Not interested.

I shall repeat this once more, as i did already few times, read what i post, if you dont like it, block me... if you want.. ban me, but seriously do not force some shit on me that makes very little sense whatsoever + ppl like Vann, Solc, ult and few others are raping your threads with BS that DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A SOURCE.

The source in this case is an asshole... I would rather read a members uneducated opinion than this dribble.

You know already what you can expect from DailyBeast and War is Boring, doesnt mean there are not some nice stuff there between "Russia sucks" and "Putin is Evil" lines.

So exactly what part of this bilge is nice stuff?

What has it brought to this thread that is new?

What value has it added to this thread?

This post and most of the posts before it have added nothing to this thread except wasted some bandwidth... say what you want to say... tomorrow when I log on I am going to remove these posts.

Please ban me too while you are at it as i am done with this forum.
    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Why? Just relax people, please.

Militarov has provided a lot of good stuff over time, even if we don't agree with it.

No point over arguing a single article.
    AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:23 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why this argument went so far, all because of one stupid article, not the first time it's been done here, i mean how many articles have we chopped up for being incoherent, incorrect, down right lies and complete utter horse shit, also first time i have seen Garry go full MP.net, makes me doubt it's really him, over all this all seems way overboard hardly ban worthy.
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:26 pm

If Vann, Rmf, Haushofer, Ultron, Mustafa and other asorted morons can constantly post shit with impunity than Militarov can post link to whatever article he wants to.

Seriously, if you don't like it than don't read it, at least he just posted link instead wall of bullshit the usually come from those idiots.

In this case you are given option not to read if you don't want to.

Svyatoslavich
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  Svyatoslavich on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:36 pm

PapaDragon wrote:If Vann, Rmf, Haushofer, Ultron, Mustafa and other asorted morons can constantly post shit with impunity than Militarov can post link to whatever article he wants to.

Seriously, if you don't like it than don't read it, at least he just posted link instead wall of bullshit the usually come from those idiots.

I fully agree. I just didn't read the article, as I don't have much time to waste, and that is it.
    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:42 pm

sepheronx wrote:Why?  Just relax people, please.

Militarov has provided a lot of good stuff over time, even if we don't agree with it.

No point over arguing a single article.

x2

I have family in Serbia I know they can be stubborn like hell like militarov but hard not to love them Smile
    Rmf
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  Rmf on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:12 pm

PapaDragon wrote:If Vann, Rmf, Haushofer, Ultron, Mustafa and other asorted morons can constantly post shit with impunity than Militarov can post link to whatever article he wants to.

well youre a retard so what else is new? i dont even comment your worthless photo PR b.s.
    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:40 pm

+1 This was stupid. We have total screwheads all over this forum who post bloody jihadi propaganda as pure truth, and Militarov gets picked on for posting an article from the Daily Beast? I mean sure, it's bullshit, but he didn't believe it, unlike some other morons.

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Temp PAK FA crap

Post  JohninMK on Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:11 am

sepheronx wrote:Why post it then other than to degrade this thread? Daily beast? It is a known tabloid in UK.
    Minor correction. The Daily Beast has nothing to do with the UK, it is 100% American.
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:46 pm

Please ban me too while you are at it as i am done with this forum.

Up to you.

Not going to ban you however.

Garry go full MP.net, makes me doubt it's really him, over all this all seems way overboard hardly ban worthy.

I haven't banned anyone.

I am surprised by Militarovs reaction, but this is not the first time he has threatened to quit this forum... which he has every right to.

If Vann, Rmf, Haushofer, Ultron, Mustafa and other asorted morons can constantly post shit with impunity than Militarov can post link to whatever article he wants to.

Ummm... did you read what he posted into the PAK FA thread?

Let me remind you:

"Not only is the Russian air force indiscriminately bombing civilians in Syria—it’s losing a substantial number of aircraft in the process. Turkish jets shot down one Syria-based Russian bomber after it strayed into Turkish air space in November 2015. Russia has also lost around half a dozen helicopters to crashes and ground fire in Syria in recent months."

"Today Russia is in a similar predicament. Outside of the Syria intervention, Moscow possesses precious little extra air power. But it only takes on T-50 to make an impressive statement and at least imply that Russia has warplanes to spare. It doesn’t actually matter that, as a frontline warplane, the T-50 is probably doomed to fail. It can at least do its job as a propaganda piece......."

If TheArmenian or Zivo had posted such an article my response would have been the same... ie

Why did you post that flamebait bullshit here Militarov?

You can read the rest for yourself.

I expected better from Militarov... as I would for Zivo or TheArmenian... and I suspect if either of them had done such a thing they would not have defended their right to post flamebait shit here and probably would have manned up and apologised to the other members for posting such dribble... claiming temporary insanity or something no doubt... Smile

Amazing that I get criticised for letting some post rubbish and criticised for not letting others post it.

And asking a question means I am going all MP.net on them????

Really?

I think we have a few Divas here... if they want to leave then I will miss them but I am not going to beg forgiveness.

I am just doing my job as best I can... if you guys want to vote me off the island then PM Vlad.

BTW sorry to Zivo and TheArmenian for any offense, you are members I respect as thinking sensible members of this forum that don't let your emotions get the better of you... Militarov used to be in that group too for me, but clearly he wants the right to post BS without question...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:01 pm

What the actual Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo?

Are you folks on Ramadan or something? You're starting to sound bordeline PMS'ish.

And for real was this because David Fucking Axe? I understand sometimes tensions fly because the posting policy is lax (not laxist), but to each his own guys. Live and let live.

Let's all make peace.
    VladimirSahin
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  VladimirSahin on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:36 pm

Militarov will be missed but its unfortunate that this happened, and GarryB and Militarov are both great contributors. Hopefully someone can find Militarov on another forum and threat him to come back, we need our Serb bros on the forum.
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:13 pm

GarryB wrote:.......................

Ummm... did you read what he posted into the PAK FA thread?

Let me remind you:

"Not only is the Russian air force indiscriminately bombing civilians in Syria—it’s losing a substantial number of aircraft in the process. Turkish jets shot down one Syria-based Russian bomber after it strayed into Turkish air space in November 2015. Russia has also lost around half a dozen helicopters to crashes and ground fire in Syria in recent months."

"Today Russia is in a similar predicament. Outside of the Syria intervention, Moscow possesses precious little extra air power. But it only takes on T-50 to make an impressive statement and at least imply that Russia has warplanes to spare. It doesn’t actually matter that, as a frontline warplane, the T-50 is probably doomed to fail. It can at least do its job as a propaganda piece......."

If you bothered to pay attention you would know it's not his text, he was just quoting the article.

And when Mustafa was posting 2 full treads of racist and jihadist bullshit he was able to do so without any complaints from mods for nearly a month before Vlad (the administrator) banned him.
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:30 pm

VladimirSahin wrote:Militarov will be missed but its unfortunate that this happened, and GarryB and Militarov are both great contributors. Hopefully someone can find Militarov on another forum and threat him to come back, we need our Serb bros on the forum.

Mil's going nowhere.

People need to calm the fuck down and practice what they preach. Second degree, tolerance and tutti quanti.
    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:10 pm

That happens, when actual trolls are left alone just so the mods are not seen as ban happy goons while actual contributors to this forum are more and more pissed off and are posting less and less since the threads are either attacked or the entire niveau is dragged down by the clowns and the inactive, reputation worrying mods.

There are rules on this forum and your reputation is no subject to bend or break the rules to your liking.

Get your heads out of your arses. I do not say this to annoy or piss you off just to give you a little point of view from year long members of this forum that sees this forum being infiltrated by trolls since the closure of mp.net and you mods do not do your job.

Keep your personal reputation above forum reputation and you will find yourself being mods of a dump while actual contributors are going some places else.

Your actions or better to say lack of actions is the problem and how Militarov reacted to GarryB's replies is only one the few drops that are seemingly to fill and overfloot the bucket of personal tolerance of the bullshit he and others see and have to read on this forum.

My 2cents.

I do not see David Axes horseshit of any interest, i some times read the horeshit our enemies spew into the masses just to see what the idiots are fed up with, but the reaction is one-sided.
    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:54 pm

I've seen the same David Axe link on other forums too where people were laughing at his BS  but boy oh boy this forum turned it into a trainwreck. When I joined 2 years back this forum had good contributors but slowly it's turning into _ . lol1
    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 am

max steel wrote:I've seen the same David Axe link on other forums too where people were laughing at his BS  but boy oh boy this forum turned it into a trainwreck. When I joined 2 years back this forum had good contributors but slowly it's turning into _ . lol1

I love you too Razz
    VladimirSahin
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  VladimirSahin on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:27 am

Forum is still good, just some unneeded posts and flame wars that some times happens. Forum still has potential Cool
    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Zivo on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:15 am

RDF Rules and Regulations

1] No pornography
    2] No spamming or trolling
    3] Do not write in all caps
    4] Do not use excessive smilies
    5] Do not advertise other forums (that includes linking to them)
    6] Do not post others work without citing it (English sources online must be linked)
    7] Do not disrespect members, do not attack the messenger, attack the message
    8] Do not disrespect RDF staff or the forum itself.
    9] You cannot use URL for avatars so upload it from your computer (It will resize)
    10] When you are warned by staff you better stop doing it.  Repeated abuses will lead to IP ban.
    11] Do not post outside sources in other languages without English translation.
    12} Introduce youself so we know who we are talking to.
    13] Do not misuse the quote feature.  This means do not quote more than two people in your quote box and also do not requote an entire article unless it is brief.  The proper quoting style can be seen here.
    14] Do note quote wiki, debka or strategy page, find a better source
    15] No links in the signature are allowed.
    16] Stay on topic

Everyone needs to re-read these, and generally try to be less sensitive.

If there's someone you dislike, go to "profile" > "Friends and foes" and block the offender.
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:46 am

FFS do you lads understand that you're not forced to like what we post as long as it is factual and accompanied with a disclaimer?

You do understand that sometimes people WILL POST stuff that might not be of your liking.

You know what I'm about to get involved. Recently Garry pointed out that there were no Russians in Ukraine.

Well. That's factually wrong on multiples angles.

1. There are Russian military members in Russia, because of JCCC.
    2. We have seen both credible evidence and credible aftermath of Russian presence in Ukraine. And nope we're not talking BellingCat bullshit, just freaking MSTA-S crossing the freaking border from Ukraine to Russia with tactical ID still on.
    3. There's enough resources to prove and verify, RF MoD has been involved in shipping and forming Donbass militia. Both in Ukraine and Russia. We also know the process of intervention (including weapons and ammo that were delivered in August to "Nothern Wind" and signed by the NCO of tank platoon. NCO that even posted pictures of him and his men rolling IN Donbass.

Yet we were very close to having the kind of debate Mil had with Garry and the others. Because you know, no Russians in Ukraine. Ha, ha, effing ha.
    Objectivity is not about belief, it's about picking up the least implausible, the most coherent, most logic version of events that presents itself to you.

From those rules, I see a couple that are broken when you attack the messenger. I've been guilty of that back in Dforce's period. And with reason as Dforce kept the trolling up.
    However, it doesn't change the fact I broke the rules. Yet the cause of all this rif raf is because for what ever reason, Militarov was attacked for something that was clearly sarcastic. It was so sarcastic that I pointed out that the author of that shitty piece was an utter tool and your casual "useful idiot".

However that piece wasn't even as offensive as some non-sense being posted recently on very serious matters that I happen to know well. I'd point out pieces as bad as D. Axe's trash regarding the AK74MR program, the fact that people still peddle the AK-12 adopted and for special forces (yeah but no) and that Ratnik is going to be fully worn all time.

Then we have people that continuously post in foreign language without translation (you know who you are) etc etc etc.

The fact is that this forum is not going anywhere without its members. It's a rather nifty place with interesting people. But an effort has to be made on both sides. Now as far as Mil is concerned, I don't really think any of you is seeing the crazy ouput he's been having. And a fairly balanced one. This is not about repuation indeed, but that line of argument goes both ways.
    VladimirSahin
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  VladimirSahin on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:18 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:FFS do you lads understand that you're not forced to like what we post as long as it is factual and accompanied with a disclaimer?

You do understand that sometimes people WILL POST stuff that might not be of your liking.

You know what I'm about to get involved. Recently Garry pointed out that there were no Russians in Ukraine.

2. We have seen both credible evidence and credible aftermath of Russian presence in Ukraine. And nope we're not talking BellingCat bullshit, just freaking MSTA-S crossing the freaking border from Ukraine to Russia with tactical ID still on.
    3. There's enough resources to prove and verify, RF MoD has been involved in shipping and forming Donbass militia. Both in Ukraine and Russia. We also know the process of intervention (including weapons and ammo that were delivered in August to "Nothern Wind" and signed by the NCO of tank platoon. NCO that even posted pictures of him and his men rolling IN Donbass.

As far as official statements go, The Russian army was not in Ukraine. Although that doesn't mean there was no Russian brigades in Ukraine Twisted Evil but this is justifiable for the same reason that f*cking new cyborg Ukrainian government was formed by a damn riot. I'm just trying to defend the DPR/LPR as being targeted by a very sloppy operation from the Ukrainian government and also being targeted by indiscriminate shelling. And this is the truth, Russian troops were in Ukraine supporting the DPR/LPR. But that doesn't mean it is not justified, if the US is supporting well known terrorist rats in Syria, Russia has the right to support a rebellion comprised of its own people.
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:38 am

VladimirSahin wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:FFS do you lads understand that you're not forced to like what we post as long as it is factual and accompanied with a disclaimer?

As far as official statements go, The Russian army was not in Ukraine. Although that doesn't mean there was no Russian brigades in Ukraine Twisted Evil but this is justifiable for the same reason that f*cking new cyborg Ukrainian government was formed by a damn riot. I'm just trying to defend the DPR/LPR as being targeted by a very sloppy operation from the Ukrainian government and also being targeted by indiscriminate shelling. And this is the truth, Russian troops were in Ukraine supporting the DPR/LPR. But that doesn't mean it is not justified, if the US is supporting well known terrorist rats in Syria, Russia has the right to support a rebellion comprised of its own people.

Personally, I'd have zero issues having an open retaking of Ukraine (or whatever is left of it). But that option was out of question.

However, this was just an illustration of what kind of mental barriers once can hit when taking with others. For some there were no Russians in Ukraine, for others they were. These viewpoints can be argued without the need to just usher a mantra, in this case "No Russians in Ukraine".

That's all we need to defuse troublesome situation not instill them.
    VladimirSahin
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  VladimirSahin on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:06 am

Well it is a successful tactic you can say "maskirovka" even NATO itself is kind of edgy on actual numbers deployed into Ukraine. Some claim 12,000 some claim 8,000 some claim a brigade worth so around 1200. How ever it would be good if we could get someone without bias such as yourself who looks into both sources to share any info on actual numbers deployed. I know T-90s and T-72B3s have been deployed, lads from Buryatia.(I don't know why they would send asians to fight in Ukraine obviously they'll be identified) maybe we should get a thread on the topic? I know this isn't the right place to discuss but I'm quite interested in the topic.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 24, 2017 11:38 pm