Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Talking bollocks thread

    Share

    kingodthequeens
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 69
    Points : 99
    Join date : 2016-01-28

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  kingodthequeens on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:03 pm

    And America’s first slave owner was black – Anthony Johnson.
    Anthony Johnson (colonist), Wikipedia.

    kingodthequeens
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 69
    Points : 99
    Join date : 2016-01-28

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  kingodthequeens on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:09 pm

    Ainu people were the first people live in Japan.
    Japanese were from mainland East Asia.
    Ainu people were killed or enslaved.
    Ainu people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    avatar
    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2998
    Points : 3030
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  max steel on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:22 pm

    kingodthequeens wrote:“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    ----------------------------------------------------


    Read GarryB signature. Cool
    avatar
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 905
    Points : 960
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 26
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:56 pm

    Tech was the reason Europe "won" the world. Huntington was just a political scientist and not an expert in history of science and technology.
    avatar
    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5364
    Points : 5607
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:10 pm

    Nothing of what Samual Huntington said goes against history, he is absolutley correct with what he said but appareantly we have a xenophobic here.
    avatar
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 905
    Points : 960
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 26
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:50 pm

    Huntington mistakes the effect for the cause. Superiority in tech was the factor that allowed Europeans to win over large parts of the world.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4502
    Points : 4683
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:56 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Huntington mistakes the effect for the cause. Superiority in tech was the factor that allowed Europeans to win over large parts of the world.

    ...Including Afghanistan... Razz
    avatar
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 905
    Points : 960
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 26
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:05 pm

    I guess he meant the colonial period between (roughly) 1520s and early 20th century when colonial expansion stopped. In a way yeah, the Anglo-Afghan wars fit that era.

    kingodthequeens
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 69
    Points : 99
    Join date : 2016-01-28

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  kingodthequeens on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:33 am

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Tech was the reason Europe "won" the world. Huntington was just a political scientist and not an expert in history of science and technology.


    He knows nothing about history.

    kingodthequeens
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 69
    Points : 99
    Join date : 2016-01-28

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  kingodthequeens on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:38 am

    Werewolf wrote:Nothing of what Samual Huntington said goes against history, he is absolutley correct with what he said but appareantly we have a xenophobic here.


    sir, you are wrong,

    whites, exclude the idiot Hitler are not worse killers than any others.

    The fact I list are all real, then it is the facts others are more ruthless than whites, such as mongols, Japanese.
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15994
    Points : 16645
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  GarryB on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:43 am

    Perhaps if you re read what he said... the west controls the current world wide economic system... how did they force everyone else to conform to that?

    How do they maintain control of that? Is it technology or is it bombing from 20.000ft?

    Most of the international organisations with any power like the world bank, IMF, the world courts systems etc etc... even the UN is based in New York...

    Of all the growing countries in the world WTF is France, the UK, and the US deserving of permanent positions?

    Two european has beens and a waning superpower that believes its own BS...

    The fact I list are all real, then it is the facts others are more ruthless than whites, such as mongols, Japanese.

    Hitler was responsible for a war that killed 70 million people, but then disease has killed rather more than that... are you saying disease is more evil than Hitler?

    BTW many of those kill estimates are wildly speculative... if we look at the claims of kills for stalin for instance a lot of those reported killed returned to service in 1942 to fight the nazis.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    kingodthequeens
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 69
    Points : 99
    Join date : 2016-01-28

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  kingodthequeens on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:55 am

    In fact, without the so called European invasion, chinese would still live in dark age.

    1) Cannibalism was often practiced in China for culinary appreciation, and exotic dishes were prepared for jaded upper-class palates.

    Cannibalism was also often involved in the punishment of criminals in Imperial China. After having been publicly executed, the bodies of the criminals were made available for public exhibition and consumption."
    Key Ray Chong, Cannibalism in China, Longwood Academic: Wakefield, NH.


    Chinese in Taiwan ate and traded in the flesh of Taiwanese aboriginals.
    Cannibalism, Wikipedia


    2) Writing
    China  was the last of the "ancient" civilizations to develop writing.


    China invented writing  about 3500 years ago,
    Oracle bone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Middle East invented writing 5000 years ago.

    European invented writing 7000 years ago,  Vinča script.
    You can find some "chinese characters" in Vinča script.
    Example 十, 土, 干,口, 王,田.
    Vinča symbols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Did chinese invented their own writing 3500 years later, or they copied?


    3)  Iron age
    China entered Iron age 600 years later than Europe and Near East,

    At the time, European used iron tools,  chinese used primitive tools.
    Iron Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    4) Building
    When European and middle east people built stone/brick houses, chinese kings lived in a mud palace.

    Erlitou, The capital of china(2100 BC – 1600 BC) was built by mud.
    Erlitou culture - Wikipedia,
    The Great Pyramid of Giza was built 4500 years ago.



    5) The so-called chinese inventions are all fake


    5.1) Compass.
    The compass was invented in Italy.


    The pointer of the ancient chinese compass is as big as a spoon.
    The spoon is put on the top of a board, and there is nothing else.
    It does not work.

    Compass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (china, Si Nan)
    Have a look at the ancient Chinese compass - Si Nan. wiki photo.


    5.2) Chinese calendar

    Chinese calendar was made by an European, Johann Adam Schall von Bell.
    Johann Adam Schall von Bell , Wikipedia,


    5.3) Chinese microchip.
    The chip was later revealed to be a duplicate of a chip developed in the West, with the original identifications sanded away.

    Hanxin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5385
    Points : 5430
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Militarov on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:58 pm

    Article with multiple...more than interesting claims Smile

    "Not only is the Russian air force indiscriminately bombing civilians in Syria—it’s losing a substantial number of aircraft in the process. Turkish jets shot down one Syria-based Russian bomber after it strayed into Turkish air space in November 2015. Russia has also lost around half a dozen helicopters to crashes and ground fire in Syria in recent months."

    "Today Russia is in a similar predicament. Outside of the Syria intervention, Moscow possesses precious little extra air power. But it only takes on T-50 to make an impressive statement and at least imply that Russia has warplanes to spare. It doesn’t actually matter that, as a frontline warplane, the T-50 is probably doomed to fail. It can at least do its job as a propaganda piece......."

    Rest of the article: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/07/putin-s-new-stealth-jet-is-on-a-mission-to-prove-russia-can-still-fight.html
    avatar
    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7261
    Points : 7561
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:25 pm

    Why post it then other than to degrade this thread? Daily beast? It is a known tabloid in UK.
    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5385
    Points : 5430
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Militarov on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:27 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Why post it then other than to degrade this thread? Daily beast? It is a known tabloid in UK.

    Yeah i am here only to degrade your threads.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3909
    Points : 3940
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:46 pm

    Oh God it's Davis Axe, the guy who writes more shit than an Indian Al you can eat buffet could eve dream of inducing.

    Guy from War Is Boring...
    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5385
    Points : 5430
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Militarov on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:52 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Oh God it's Davis Axe, the guy who writes more shit than an Indian Al you can eat buffet could eve dream of inducing.

    Guy from War Is Boring...

    Yeah. Will never forget his article on how Russians stopped making single engined fighters because their engines are so unreliable that its a deathtrap to fly if it doesnt have two.
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15994
    Points : 16645
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  GarryB on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:09 pm

    Why did you post that flamebait bullshit here Militarov?


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5385
    Points : 5430
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Militarov on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:55 pm

    GarryB wrote:Why did you post that flamebait bullshit here Militarov?

    Because its related to the topic? Or we are allowed to post only stuff that exclusively everyone likes? Or from the authors that must be "pro-Russian" Smile?

    I never said i agree with a guy, he had few on spot comments, some utter BS, but i dont see problem with sharing it, its Forum.
    avatar
    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 863
    Points : 880
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 21
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  OminousSpudd on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:54 am

    Militarov wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Why did you post that flamebait bullshit here Militarov?

    Because its related to the topic? Or we are allowed to post only stuff that exclusively everyone likes? Or from the authors that must be "pro-Russian" Smile?

    I never said i agree with a guy, he had few on spot comments, some utter BS, but i dont see problem with sharing it, its Forum.                                            

    "A few on spot comments." Wut. Literally nothing in that article had any bearing on reality...
    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5385
    Points : 5430
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Militarov on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:57 am

    OminousSpudd wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Why did you post that flamebait bullshit here Militarov?

    Because its related to the topic? Or we are allowed to post only stuff that exclusively everyone likes? Or from the authors that must be "pro-Russian" Smile?

    I never said i agree with a guy, he had few on spot comments, some utter BS, but i dont see problem with sharing it, its Forum.                                            

    "A few on spot comments." Wut. Literally nothing in that article had any bearing on reality...

    Well he said that PAK-FA did have dev issues, with is true, structural problems are documented in Russian sources as well.
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15994
    Points : 16645
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  GarryB on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:58 am

    Don't try to pull that shit on me... you know full well I accept all sorts of criticism of Russian equipment when it has merit.

    This is just flamebait dirt as I said.

    You don't have a right to post anything you like on this forum, this is not a democracy.

    The criteria for posting is not just being on topic... you can add value with information or you can ask questions or discuss things on topic.

    What I don't want to see is members digging up horseshit from crappy websites and posting it here like it is worth reading.

    I know some members like to post this sort of crap and enjoy seeing it ripped to shreds, but I expect better from you.

    How would you like the serbian threads polluted with the memoires of Madeline Allbright... posting her opinion on all things Balkans? It would be on topic... it would also be bullshit.

    The reason we don't is respect for Serbian members and respect for common sense and manners.

    Please return that respect and don't post this sort of rubbish here again.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5385
    Points : 5430
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Militarov on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:46 pm

    GarryB wrote:Don't try to pull that shit on me... you know full well I accept all sorts of criticism of Russian equipment when it has merit.

    This is just flamebait dirt as I said.

    You don't have a right to post anything you like on this forum, this is not a democracy.

    The criteria for posting is not just being on topic... you can add value with information or you can ask questions or discuss things on topic.

    What I don't want to see is members digging up horseshit from crappy websites and posting it here like it is worth reading.

    I know some members like to post this sort of crap and enjoy seeing it ripped to shreds, but I expect better from you.

    How would you like the serbian threads polluted with the memoires of Madeline Allbright... posting her opinion on all things Balkans?  It would be on topic... it would also be bullshit.

    The reason we don't is respect for Serbian members and respect for common sense and manners.

    Please return that respect and don't post this sort of rubbish here again.


    You know that on this forum have members that are flooding your threads with shit, BS, insults, sourceless posts, trolling, made up shit, fake "RUSSIA LOST ANOTHER BOMBER IN HOMS" news and what not. Posters with multiple accounts some of which are even one "Forum contributors" pulling your nose around.

    ... and you instead dealing with all that decide to pick up on me at least once in two weeks coz i posted something from a source you consider as not worthy? And in post i more than clearly expressed my skepticism towards some of the claims from the article?

    Now i am wondering are you trying to make me leave this forum? Coz if its the latter one i am out in a moment i am not getting paid here or anything there are places on this dear World Wide Web where i am very well respected and understood and not getting trolled by forum staff like i am 13 years old World of Tank player.

    That article was clicked more times than any article on PAK-FA written in last 6 months hands down. Isnt it sort of "smart" to read the damn thing so you know what "other side" (however stupid that sounds) is claiming?

    I shall repeat this once more, as i did already few times, read what i post, if you dont like it, block me... if you want.. ban me, but seriously do not force some shit on me that makes very little sense whatsoever + ppl like Vann, Solc, ult and few others are raping your threads with BS that DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A SOURCE.

    You know already what you can expect from DailyBeast and War is Boring, doesnt mean there are not some nice stuff there between "Russia sucks" and "Putin is Evil" lines.
    avatar
    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 678
    Points : 741
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Book. on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:20 pm



    David axe. Ba English degree..
    No technic. No army. No science study

    Only stopid blogger clown lol1
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1500
    Points : 1538
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:47 pm

    Book. wrote: David axe. Ba English degree..
    No technic. No army. No science study

    Only stopid blogger clown lol1



    Sponsored content

    Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 10:22 pm