Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Share
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2292
    Points : 2330
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  franco on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:57 pm


    According to "Kommersant", appointed by the Chief Military Investigation Department (GVSU) CKP comprehensive forensic examination of the causes of the collapse of building barracks I have found that in 2013 the building was carried out a full overhaul. That is not just repaired "network engineering, floors and roofs," as stated in the first days after the tragedy, officials from the Ministry of Defense and Spetsstroy and replaced, for example, floor slabs.

    As explained by a source close to the investigation "b" instead of the old, still packed in the construction of the barracks in 1975, pustotok plates with round grooves along the entire length repairers put more modern, made ​​of reinforced concrete with reinforcing ribs. Substitution, according to the source "b", was carried out on the waste technology overhaul years of typical military barracks sample the 1970s. However, in this case, the standard solution proved unusable because of dilapidation masonry bearing walls. As has been previously reported Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, Soviet builders erect them, apparently, saved on cement, laying bricks almost one sand.

    New slabs, according to experts, is heavier than the old and dilapidated masonry could not stand the additional load. Obviously, they played a role and do work on dismantling the floors, during which an already fragile walls made their way Grooves, holes were drilled, and so on. From the impact of electric and pneumatic tools bricklaying could easily "break up at the seams," violating thus , the overall stability of the structure. Detect cracks on the outside prevent the establishment of repairers saydingovaya cladding buildings. Inside, according to the observations of the military itself, fell off the plaster and paint. However, nobody could have guessed that this is due to the state of emergency in capital walls, so the customer is presented claims for quality finishing.

    As participants believe the investigation before the overhaul experts were to assess the condition of the building, in particular the carrying capacity was not to be the reconstruction of the basement and walls of the capital. If the fragility of masonry were able to identify in advance, certainly went to the barracks and technology renovation. Perhaps designers would recommend before replacing floors reinforce the walls with metal ties or even dismantle the building and build instead a new one. However, repairs, as already reported "Kommersant" conducted without project on the template.

    Until the last incident in Omsk liable only direct executor of repair work - the general director of "Remeksstroya" Alexander Dorofeev. He is accused of violation of safety regulations during construction work (Art. 216 of the Criminal Code) and is in custody. The source "Kommersant" said that to take care of the building survey had not "second subcontractor" Alexander Dorofeev, and those who hired a it for reconstruction. TFR, as already reported, checked for involvement in the crime officials FSUE "Main Directorate of Special Construction of Siberia at the Federal Agency for Special Construction" and its subordinate organizations "Construction management N916", the regional customer management of capital construction of the Central Military District - the branch PCF "Management of capital construction of the customer," the Defense Ministry.

    Meanwhile, a second person involved in a criminal case, the chief of the 242nd Airborne Training Center Oleg Ponomarev, who was in a military court on Friday transferred from prison to house arrest, can generally avoid criminal prosecution. Recall that the colonel in the paratroopers populated Missed serviceable barracks, accused of abuse of office (Art. 3 of Art. 286 of the Criminal Code). However, as it turned out, in the current legislation and regulations in the procedure and terms of settlement of people in the renovated building is not clearly documented, and this fact even the consequence interpreted in favor of the accused. Moreover, according to sources, "b", the colonel had to actually return the soldiers in the barracks, since after the period of repair they were placed in tents, some paratroopers pneumonia.

    ... The results of the survey in the barracks 242nd military training center came to the conclusion that the five buildings are in disrepair. "Tests carried out using a complex" string ", showed that the presence of soldiers in them life-threatening - said" Kommersant "a senior source in Minoborony.- soon to these objects will take a final decision." Most likely, they will be demolished.
    *****

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10067
    Points : 10557
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  George1 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:48 pm

    Roof of arms manufacturing plant in Yekaterinburg caves in to cause casualties

    According to preliminary findings, the roof may have collapsed under heavy snow

    YEKATERINBURG, November 9. /TASS/. The roof of an arms manufacturing plant in Yekaterinburg has caved in, apparently due to heavy snowfall, the press-service of the Sverdlovsk Region’s office of the Investigative Committee has said.

    "According to preliminary findings, the roof may have collapsed under heavy snow," the press-service said.

    Police said three died in the accident and fourteen others were rescued.

    A pre-investigation probe is underway.

    Earlier, the chief weather watcher of the Sverdlovsk Region, Galina Sheporenko, told TASS that a cyclone from western Russia had brought about heavy snowfall - about half of the amount the region sees over one month (some 20 mm).

    The Sverdlovsk Region’s office of the Emergencies Ministry earlier said the roof of a shop on the premises of the Kalinin weapons manufacturing plant caved in. Fire-fighters, rescue workers and the plant’s officials are working at the scene.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/911189


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 2973
    Points : 3098
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  kvs on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:54 pm

    George1 wrote:Roof of arms manufacturing plant in Yekaterinburg caves in to cause casualties

    According to preliminary findings, the roof may have collapsed under heavy snow

    YEKATERINBURG, November 9. /TASS/. The roof of an arms manufacturing plant in Yekaterinburg has caved in, apparently due to heavy snowfall, the press-service of the Sverdlovsk Region’s office of the Investigative Committee has said.

    "According to preliminary findings, the roof may have collapsed under heavy snow," the press-service said.

    Police said three died in the accident and fourteen others were rescued.

    A pre-investigation probe is underway.

    Earlier, the chief weather watcher of the Sverdlovsk Region, Galina Sheporenko, told TASS that a cyclone from western Russia had brought about heavy snowfall - about half of the amount the region sees over one month (some 20 mm).

    The Sverdlovsk Region’s office of the Emergencies Ministry earlier said the roof of a shop on the premises of the Kalinin weapons manufacturing plant caved in. Fire-fighters, rescue workers and the plant’s officials are working at the scene.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/911189


    Legacy of the post-Soviet neglect of buildings and infrastructure.
    avatar
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1314
    Points : 1321
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  AlfaT8 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:33 am

    kvs wrote:
    George1 wrote:Roof of arms manufacturing plant in Yekaterinburg caves in to cause casualties

    According to preliminary findings, the roof may have collapsed under heavy snow

    YEKATERINBURG, November 9. /TASS/. The roof of an arms manufacturing plant in Yekaterinburg has caved in, apparently due to heavy snowfall, the press-service of the Sverdlovsk Region’s office of the Investigative Committee has said.

    "According to preliminary findings, the roof may have collapsed under heavy snow," the press-service said.

    Police said three died in the accident and fourteen others were rescued.

    A pre-investigation probe is underway.

    Earlier, the chief weather watcher of the Sverdlovsk Region, Galina Sheporenko, told TASS that a cyclone from western Russia had brought about heavy snowfall - about half of the amount the region sees over one month (some 20 mm).

    The Sverdlovsk Region’s office of the Emergencies Ministry earlier said the roof of a shop on the premises of the Kalinin weapons manufacturing plant caved in. Fire-fighters, rescue workers and the plant’s officials are working at the scene.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/911189


    Legacy of the post-Soviet neglect of buildings and infrastructure.  

    Talk about unnecessary, aren't these building checked for structural integrity before putting people to work in em.

    RIP
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2153
    Points : 2258
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  higurashihougi on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:43 am

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo published earlier on Wednesday a caricature on the Russian Defense Ministry Tu-154 aircraft crash in the Black Sea depicting the falling aircraft and a musician from the Alexandrov military choir, who is making a wailing sound "aaaaaa." The caption says "The repertoire of the army choir is expanding."

    F*** you Charlie Hebdo.

    F*** you Charlie Hebdo.

    F*** you Charlie Hebdo.

    F*** you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    https://sputniknews.com/russia/201612281049087134-hebdo-russia-caricature/
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 975
    Points : 975
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:55 am

    More of those Charlie Hebdo people should have been shot.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16172
    Points : 16803
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  GarryB on Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:25 am

    Yeah... freedom of speech and this is what they use it for...

    I am sure they will call it art and claim they just wanted to get a reaction.

    The gag reflex is a reaction.

    Perhaps if they actually had talent they might have published something funny, instead they went for offensive.

    Do they still get paid when it is rubbish like this? I hope not.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4496
    Points : 4675
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:57 am

    miketheterrible wrote:More of those Charlie Hebdo people should have been shot.

    People also forgotten that they mocked the girls captured by Boko Haram.

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3905
    Points : 3936
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:51 am

    To be honest they have done a lot worse, that's CH in a nutshell. The old CH was done in the late 70's early 80's. The new variant of the rag that sparks this crap became just crass.

    It's one of those things you don't need to understand.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 2973
    Points : 3098
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  kvs on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:49 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:To be honest they have done a lot worse, that's CH in a nutshell. The old CH was done in the late 70's early 80's.  The new variant of the rag that sparks this crap became just crass.

    It's one of those things you don't need to understand.

    It is negative class crap. I recall people got on the case of some stand up comedian for making (actually funny) dark humour jokes about
    various subjects. None of the shit produced by Charlie Hebdo can be considered humour of any sort.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1749
    Points : 1777
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  KiloGolf on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:23 pm

    Who cares about CH's poor taste in humor or lack thereof? Nobody should. They are free to publish whatever they like, no matter how cr@p it may be.
    Free country, freedom of speech.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 2973
    Points : 3098
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  kvs on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:54 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:Who cares about CH's poor taste in humor or lack thereof? Nobody should. They are free to publish whatever they like, no matter how cr@p it may be.
    Free country, freedom of speech.

    BS.  Free country, freedom of speech for some and not for others.

    https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/france-begins-jailing-people-ironic-comments



    Not everybody has a government or corporate roof and millions of dollars of spare cash to ensure their "rights" in the
    "free world", sunshine.   Go peddle your NATO propaganda elsewhere.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1749
    Points : 1777
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  KiloGolf on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:10 pm

    kvs wrote:Go peddle your NATO propaganda elsewhere.

    I'm all for freedom of speech, sorry. CH has the right to do what they do.
    Can't handle it? Go live in KSA or DPRK and see where that takes you.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16172
    Points : 16803
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  GarryB on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:51 am

    I'm all for freedom of speech, sorry. CH has the right to do what they do.
    Can't handle it? Go live in KSA or DPRK and see where that takes you.

    Do get your head out of your ass.

    https://sputniknews.com/politics/201611231047742985-eu-sputnik-rt-propaganda/


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4496
    Points : 4675
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:57 am

    KiloGolf wrote:Who cares about CH's poor taste in humor or lack thereof? Nobody should. They are free to publish whatever they like, no matter how cr@p it may be.
    Free country, freedom of speech.

    France and freedom of Speech lmao? Just a year before the Charlie Hebdo shootings, a certain famous French comedian was constantly being attacked by the Legal system of France for his comedy, which was less risque than CH's horse manure. For that matter the countries of the EU put plenty of people behind bars over their speech. Here you go again with your twisted logic.
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2153
    Points : 2258
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  higurashihougi on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:08 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:I'm all for freedom of speech, sorry. CH has the right to do what they do.
    Can't handle it? Go live in KSA or DPRK and see where that takes you.

    We don't criticize freedom of speech. We criticize CH because of the pieces of shit it created.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1749
    Points : 1777
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:51 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    I'm all for freedom of speech, sorry. CH has the right to do what they do.
    Can't handle it? Go live in KSA or DPRK and see where that takes you.

    Do get your head out of your ass.

    https://sputniknews.com/politics/201611231047742985-eu-sputnik-rt-propaganda/

    Judging others with your own standards much?
    Using vulgar language doesn't compensate for the weak argument you've made.

    Me being all for freedom of speech, i.e. CH is free to publish their stuff, has nothing to do with Brussels, MEPs, etc. making useless comments and votes on things they have no power do decide in the first place. Simply put, irrelevant.

    higurashihougi wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:I'm all for freedom of speech, sorry. CH has the right to do what they do.
    Can't handle it? Go live in KSA or DPRK and see where that takes you.

    We don't criticize freedom of speech. We criticize CH because of the pieces of shit it created.

    They did. Look it up on the posts above.
    In fact me posting about being pro-freedom of speech made the usual RD.net suspects foam through their mouths lol1
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16172
    Points : 16803
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  GarryB on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:52 am

    Judging others with your own standards much?

    No.

    I don't believe in freedom of speech.

    I was applying the EU/NATO view of freedom of speech you claim as being important to the recent EU ruling on banning free speech.

    You can't display a swastika in Germany for example.

    An ancient symbol adopted by the nazis but in existence long before them...

    Not to mention holocaust denial... or saying anything bad about Israel...

    How free do you think you actually are in your own country...

    Like I said... you are in your own dream world...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1749
    Points : 1777
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  KiloGolf on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:18 am

    GarryB wrote:Like I said... you are in your own dream world...

    More like you disagree with an established concept that has nothing to do with EU or NATO.
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2153
    Points : 2258
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  higurashihougi on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:51 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:We don't criticize freedom of speech. We criticize CH because of the pieces of shit it created.
    They did. Look it up on the posts above.
    In fact me posting about being pro-freedom of speech made the usual RD.net suspects foam through their mouths lol1

    KiloGolf wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Like I said... you are in your own dream world...

    More like you disagree with an established concept that has nothing to do with EU or NATO.

    For example, I don't have the freedom to say your mother is a b**** and you don't have the freedom to say my mother is a w****.

    Freedom of speech does not apply to cases like vandalism, abuse, insults, etc. Although the standards is actually quite subjective and non-uniformal.

    For me, I personally pay more attention to criticize the shitty content of CH, rather than what is the limit of "freedom of speech". But if you have to ask, then I think the acts of CH cannot be protected by "freedom of speech".

    And I think GarryB does not criticize the idea of "freedom", but he is criticizing the hypocrisy of EU, US and NATO, as they twisted the notion of "freedom" for the use of anti-Russia propaganda.

    Svyatoslavich

    Posts : 317
    Points : 326
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:59 pm

    Freedom of speech, KG? Did you ever see CH make a "satyre" of 9/11? Or of an attack against Jews or Israel? Like Voltaire said, to learn who really rules you ask whom you are not allowed to criticize.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1749
    Points : 1777
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  KiloGolf on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:36 pm

    Svyatoslavich wrote:Freedom of speech, KG? Did you ever see CH make a "satyre" of 9/11? Or of an attack against Jews or Israel? Like Voltaire said, to learn who really rules you ask whom you are not allowed to criticize.

    I don't like CH's agenda either, but I do support their freedom in doing their stupid, irrational sh1t.

    Also, I'm not a big fan of where the European project is headed, at all. I'm opposed to many of its recent initiatives. So.. why me supporting the concept of freedom of speech gets me irrational criticism for the institutions of NATO or EU (as if I represent or work for them)? No reason.


    Last edited by KiloGolf on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16172
    Points : 16803
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  GarryB on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 am

    And I think GarryB does not criticize the idea of "freedom", but he is criticizing the hypocrisy of EU, US and NATO, as they twisted the notion of "freedom" for the use of anti-Russia propaganda.

    The west champions the rights of freedom of speech and at the same time use foreign and domestic media to manipulate information to their own ends. If Russia uses media to transmit their message it is Russian propaganda and is bad by western standards. When CNN does not bother to check facts and just reports scripts directly from the US State department then that is freedom of speech and cannot be blocked or denied...

    the west is happy to undermine freedom of speech in a foreign country with propaganda by infiltrating local media... or simply coercing the owners to capitulate to their will. It is a weapon of war to spread peace and democracy when the west does it, but if any one else does it it is propaganda and needs a ban.

    I am sure if CH denied the Holocaust or promoted nazism they would be out of business over night.

    As long as their propaganda is directed at Russia or other foreign targets they are allowed a long leash... if they ever turned on the wrong target they will find out fairly quickly what is what... so don't pretend this has anything to do with freedom of speech because it does not.

    Also, I'm not a big fan of where the European project is headed, at all.

    Hope you like gay... in ten years there will be a non religious requirement in all EU governments where half of all members of parliament have to be women and have to include gender ambiguous members... ironic that the British are leaving the EU because they probably already have their quota of men who like boys...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Sponsored content

    Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:52 pm