Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

nomadski

Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

Post  nomadski on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:37 am

@GarryB

I think that it is important to break the sanctions against Iran . The yanks were never likely to go along with the deal . But if we can get some Europeans to stick with the deal , in order to help the Iranian economy , then this surely is a victory . Some nations because of their economic need are more likely to be constructive . UK for example , faces economic trade hardships .Because of Brexit problems . They are trying to establish trade with non European nations , Americans and China and Australia . That is where Iran can use this opportunity for trade and maintaining the deal . UK can be instrumental in providing banking and financial services to bilateral trade with Iran . Promises are not enough . They need to act . That's what I meant by positive gestures .

@ taddie-2

The yemen forces are free to retaliate against the inhuman war and sanctions imposed on their country . All yemen must be supplied with food and medicine . Not just the southern separatists . Or Hadi supporters . I think This UN resolution was ill conceived and wrong . Since it unfairly targeted one side , that despite some excesses brought about by multilateral political failures , were essentially democratic and national forces and ready to compromise on national unity government . So this UN resolution in my view was wrong and Russia and China were wrong to vote in favour . I think that food should be supplied by all to all yemen . Irrespective of any political process or agreement or ceasefire .

The yemen forces must fire at will . Iran will defend itself in case of attack . We will not advise the yemen forces against defensive retaliatory attack . Because we fear an attack ourselves .

d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 pm

nomadski wrote:@GarryB

I think that it is important to break the sanctions against Iran . The yanks were never likely to go along with the deal . But if we can get some Europeans to stick with the deal , in order to help the Iranian economy , then this surely is a victory . Some nations because of their economic need are more likely to be constructive . UK for example , faces economic trade hardships .Because of Brexit problems . They are trying to establish trade with non European nations , Americans and China and Australia . That is where Iran can use this opportunity for trade and maintaining the deal . UK can be instrumental in providing banking and financial services to bilateral trade with Iran . Promises are not enough . They need to act . That's what I meant by positive gestures .

@ taddie-2

The yemen forces are free to retaliate against the inhuman war and sanctions imposed on their country . All yemen must be supplied with food and medicine . Not just the southern separatists . Or Hadi supporters . I think This UN resolution was ill conceived and wrong . Since it unfairly targeted one side , that despite some excesses brought about by  multilateral political failures , were essentially democratic and national forces and ready to compromise on national unity government . So this UN resolution in my view was wrong and Russia and China were wrong to vote in favour . I think that food should be supplied by all to all yemen . Irrespective of any political process or agreement or ceasefire .

The yemen forces must fire at will . Iran will defend itself in case of attack . We will not advise the yemen forces against defensive retaliatory attack . Because we fear an attack ourselves .

The article wasn't about Yemen but rather a war between Iran and Saudi Arabia and pros and cons on both sides Yemen wasn't mentioned
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Sorry taddie 2 , I thought I answered . By saying Iran will defend itself . Who would prevail , is slightly different question . Tell me , if Hitler invaded Switzerland , and occupied it for a few years , and then they fell apart and left . Then who has prevailed ? If the army of Chengiz khan invaded and they destroyed cities and left , and disappeared from pages of history . Not daring to even mark the graves of their dead . While cities they destroyed were rebuilt with no sign of their presence . Then who prevailed ? If the yanks and Europeans do a shock and awe or fire and fury and they destroy and leave , who picks up the pieces ? The Chinese and Iranians and Russians and Indians who win the hearts and minds and markets . So even if Iran is utterly destroyed and occupied . The invaders will leave . Iran will be rebuilt . As it has been numerous times in history after invasions .

But this time , it won't be just Iran that will be destroyed . It will be many others . But unlike Iran , they will not recover or rebuild . You see Iran is Iran in it's smallest parts . Even the mountains are peculiarly Iranian . The soil is very Iranian . The animals are very Iranian , found no place else . The people look Iranian . They have a particular type .The idea of Iran is in everyone . How can you destroy such a people ? Iran like China is one of few countries that can be identified from space .

To inflict a mortal blow to the Saudi , we don't need army or ship or plane . All we have to do is March a few million men across the land and liberate the oil rich northern and eastern territory . By then the Saudi royals would have all left Arabia for Europe with stolen billions . The NATO will need several million men to occupy or drive out . They have no such force . And they will resort to using nukes . That is why they think they have an advantage . And insist on Iran not being nuclear . But little do they know .

yavar

Post  yavar on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Pakistan Army Chief Gen Bajwa visit to Iran met DM Gen Hatami, Gen Jafari, سفر ژنرال باجوا پاکستان

Pakistan Army Chief Gen Bajwa visit Iran slamic Revolution & Holy Defense Museum

Iran red crescent air assist after 7.3 Magnitude Earthquake هلال احمر امداد بلگردی پس از زلزله ۷.۳

Iran rotary-wing rescue after 7.3 Magnitude Earthquake ایران امداد بلگردی پس از زلزله ۷.۳ درغرب کشور
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:45 am

To be honest, I don't rate the UK as a trade partner but I am of course biased in favour of Russia and think that Russia would be better for Iran than the UK ever could.

Perhaps I am wrong and Iran could benefit from a good relationship with the UK, but with the UK leaving the EU there is no way the UK will break ties with the US, which means it might be leaving the EU but it is not going to become independent... it will be even more the bitch of the US.

In that situation I can't see the UK being friends with Iran... any more than they would become friends with North Korea.

Regarding Iran vs Saudi Arabia, my money would be on Iran to be honest... they don't really have any state of the art equipment, but most of their stuff they made themselves. A lot of it is copies of stuff they previously bought or were given from the US, but they took the time to learn to make their own stuff rather than just buy from China mooch off the opposing superpower (Russia).

So many countries when faced with opposition from the west turn to the alternative for support and aide, while so many countries facing Russia or one of her allies turn to the west for the same handouts.

Iran is different and much more independent.

If Saudi Arabia attacks Iran it can expect more ballistic missile attacks... which I doubt the US or Israel will help with for fear of becoming embroiled in a ME wide conflict... the help Iran has given Syria and Iraq would at least lead to neutrality, but more likely would lead to support too.

Given the choice of supporting Iran against Saudi Arabia I don't know which way Russia might turn.... I suspect Iran because of all the investments and NP deals, but Iran has not spent a lot of money with Russia and to be honest if Saudi Arabia wanted to spend big money on Russian hardware the Russians could make a lot of money.

Of course at the end of the day it is about who you support and the Saudis support the Sunni nutters that support chechen rebels and Mujahedin in Afganistan and al quada and ISIS... so I would like to see them support Iran in this.

Israel... who gives a fuck who they support, they wont actually get their hands dirty... just supply intel to the bad guys and shoot from the sidelines.... mostly from the lip.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:47 pm

@Garryb

Thanks for reply . I agree with you . Russia far more reliable long term partner for Iran than UK . But if we can attract Europeans to trade with Iran , then this western alliance against Iran is broken . The English and all Anglo states suffer from a colonial political culture . A result of four centuries of colonial rule . So from a historical perspective , they are unlikely to change their mindset . But it is worth a try . The Iranians have among them some , who put too much trust in the English . They establish trade in areas , that are critical infrastructure projects . Such as ordering nuclear fuel from them . The yanks and English would then be in a perfect position to cripple Iranian industry by sanctions . Stopping critical supplies of aircraft parts .

On possible saudi / yank / zionist attack against Iran , following further yemen rocket attack against saudi , we must take threat very seriously . Iran must prepare and move resources south . Especially anti-aircraft . Once this is done , then if there are more yemen rockets . Then at least Iran is as ready as can be . I think the level of attack by yemen must be calibrated very accurately . To enable the saudi to move away from war . Instead of being pushed to it . Like the fight or flight response . For this accurate intelligence is needed , to determine the psychological state of the house of saud ! I wish I was a fly on their wall .
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:53 am

I agree good trade relations with some European countries would be good for Iran to break the economic and political blockade, but personally I would look to places like Serbia or Greece for economic trade that benefits both sides and neither side will want to give up just for some brownie points with Brussels or Washington.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:13 pm

yavar

Post  yavar on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Iran Larijani Parliamentarians Against Drugs, Russia State Duma لاریجانی کنفرانس مبارزه با مواد

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:59 pm