Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

kvs

Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

Post  kvs on Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:13 am

Sanctions only work on small, exposed economies such as those of Serbia, Iraq, etc. Russia is too diversified, large and independent to
    be damaged by sanctions. In fact, we see in Russia a serious GDP growth and economic diversification stimulus from the sanctions.
    The idiots in NATO drank their own koolaid about Russia being a banana republic. This same idiocy makes them believe that Russia is
    a military pushover as well.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Most of the time such sanctions backfire and make the population support the regime they are enacted against...

The evil west is inflicting sanctions on you to punish you etc.

They don't work in North Korea or Iran or Cuba.

They clearly don't work in Russia.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 pm

So long as Russia can make its own people happy by providing them wages that are livable and they can obtain goods they want then there really isn't much sanction can do. So far, Russians are happy in most cases with their leadership and the route the nation is going. Of course you will have idiots who may have limited knowledge on what happened during the years of the 90's of Russia being a good dog to US, and they will be the idiots who support other idiots like Navalny. But most part, so long as people have food, housing, education and the ability to go buy the crap they want, then there is little concern. Really, best thing for Russia to do now is increase living standards and provide more, better paying jobs that correspond to costs. In doing so, they will remove most issues of being overthrown internally.

marat

Post  marat on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:08 am

auslander wrote:
    marat wrote:Could somebody update us regarding new powerplants that should be build in Crimea?

IIRC there were several solar plants and thermal (gas?) power plants that were in plans or their constructons were even started.
    Are any of them finished? Or being close to be finnished?

Now i found this article>
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-crimea-power-idUSKBN17T0N4

They claim that Russia have problems to finish them as they have no turbines ( Simens turbines were planed but due sanctions Simens refused to deliver them).

Never trust an article from Reuters and especially one from several 'anonymous' sources, that's a sure indication it's a lie. Of course one could also check out who generated it and that will tell you the truth. Orcland is where it came from.

I know the top dogs in this berg personally and in '14 no one was even discussing TPP's for Sevastopol and Krimea, the orcs had a lucrative deal to provide Krim and this berg with electric power as they've always done, paid in advance 3 months at a time plus the orcs got Krimea gas for a pittance. When the orcs blew down the power lines in late fall of '15, they did it the day after the three months advance payment had been paid and verified. What a surprise.

As for 'power outages' in Krim or Sevastopol, don't happen since the power lines from Krasnodar Krai went operative not long after the orcs cut off the electric.

Sanctions? Sure, they hurt.....us little people. You want a new S Klasse? Go to your Benz dealer and you will have it that day, exact colour and appointments you want, anywhere in Russia. TPP at Inkerman is building rapidly. Turbines? I can guaranty you they are either installed or ready to be bolted to their foundations as I type. As an aside, right across the road from the new TPP is a vast and new in summer '15 electrical grid power system that serves all of Sevastopol. Ensconced there are 6 massive diesel generators which automatically handle any overload of power demands for the entire Sevastopol region. I've never seen more than 3 working at any one time and that happens in July and August when the AC demands peak and in mid winter when the electric heater use goes way up.

Bottom line, Sevastopol is Russia and everyone is happy to an extreme that the Ukrainians are finally gone. Only fly in the ointment is we have 25 more years of repairs and upgrades to everything to make up for the 25 years of orcs stealing everything here and allowing the entire physical plant to rot to nothing.

So there were problems with turbines and they werent instaled, but they finally reach Crimea with 1 year delay:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-crimea-power-exclusive-idUSKBN19Q26I

kvs

Post  kvs on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:20 am

marat wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    marat wrote:Could somebody update us regarding new powerplants that should be build in Crimea?

IIRC there were several solar plants and thermal (gas?) power plants that were in plans or their constructons were even started.
    Are any of them finished? Or being close to be finnished?

Now i found this article>
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-crimea-power-idUSKBN17T0N4

They claim that Russia have problems to finish them as they have no turbines ( Simens turbines were planed but due sanctions Simens refused to deliver them).

Never trust an article from Reuters and especially one from several 'anonymous' sources, that's a sure indication it's a lie. Of course one could also check out who generated it and that will tell you the truth. Orcland is where it came from.

I know the top dogs in this berg personally and in '14 no one was even discussing TPP's for Sevastopol and Krimea, the orcs had a lucrative deal to provide Krim and this berg with electric power as they've always done, paid in advance 3 months at a time plus the orcs got Krimea gas for a pittance. When the orcs blew down the power lines in late fall of '15, they did it the day after the three months advance payment had been paid and verified. What a surprise.

As for 'power outages' in Krim or Sevastopol, don't happen since the power lines from Krasnodar Krai went operative not long after the orcs cut off the electric.

Sanctions? Sure, they hurt.....us little people. You want a new S Klasse? Go to your Benz dealer and you will have it that day, exact colour and appointments you want, anywhere in Russia. TPP at Inkerman is building rapidly. Turbines? I can guaranty you they are either installed or ready to be bolted to their foundations as I type. As an aside, right across the road from the new TPP is a vast and new in summer '15 electrical grid power system that serves all of Sevastopol. Ensconced there are 6 massive diesel generators which automatically handle any overload of power demands for the entire Sevastopol region. I've never seen more than 3 working at any one time and that happens in July and August when the AC demands peak and in mid winter when the electric heater use goes way up.

Bottom line, Sevastopol is Russia and everyone is happy to an extreme that the Ukrainians are finally gone. Only fly in the ointment is we have 25 more years of repairs and upgrades to everything to make up for the 25 years of orcs stealing everything here and allowing the entire physical plant to rot to nothing.

So there were problems with turbines and they werent instaled, but they finally reach Crimea with 1 year delay:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-crimea-power-exclusive-idUSKBN19Q26I

Reuters can huff and puff all it wants, but Siemens has zero liability since the provenance of these turbines will remain a secret. Siemens
    can't be held liable for pre-sanctions sales and third party use of its products. I bet these turbines were bought before the sanctions since
    Russian intelligence already knew what was coming in Ukraine and you can bet you last penny that Russia had a plan for Crimea.

marat

Post  marat on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:55 am

even if contract is signed before sanctions delivering is sanctioned aswell. But i am sure that Simens guys find some space for delivery without being in breacing any laws.

When PP will be finished any information?
    auslander

Post  auslander on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Complete and on line projection is early '18.
    medo

Post  medo on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Gas turbines are already in Crimea and Ukropitecs arew going nuts.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:57 pm

kvs

Post  kvs on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:56 pm

marat wrote:even if contract is signed before sanctions delivering is sanctioned aswell. But i am sure that Simens guys find some space for delivery without being in breacing any laws.

When PP will be finished any information?

How do you know that they were delivered after the sanctions? How do you know that they are newly purchased and not used equipment
    stripped from elsewhere.

Fuck sanctions and fuck sanctions apologists.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:58 pm

medo wrote:Gas turbines are already in Crimea and Ukropitecs arew going nuts.

Maybe the can shell some more Donbass civilians to vent their frustrations.

In a few years, Russia will have to put in a wall along the Banderastan border to keep the hordes of Banderastani refugees out.

marat

Post  marat on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:11 pm

auslander wrote:Complete and on line projection is early '18.
    Thank you.
    After they complet it how moch of electricity Crimea will need to "import" from mainland and how much it will be produced in Crimea?
    medo

Post  medo on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Turbines in Crimea.
    auslander

Post  auslander on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:41 am

marat wrote:
    auslander wrote:Complete and on line projection is early '18.
    Thank you.
    After they complet it how moch of electricity Crimea will need to "import" from mainland and how much it will be produced in Crimea?

None. Another TTP is being built at Simferopol about 80 klicks to the east of our berg. Between the two plants in theory there is enough excess capacity to handle growth for the next 40 years. However, the power feeds from the mainland will be kept and used plus more in the Kerch bridge system, just in case.

marat

Post  marat on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:43 am

That is great thank you Auslander.

I now that i am borring Smile but do you have any info regarding new solar plants in Crimea, iirc several of those plants were planed as well.

And what is situation regarding watter supply? As far as i know there is enought watter for drinkig and fore household usage but is there any project to provide supply for farming. I think that watter will be hardes think to make Crima self-sufficient.
    medo

Post  medo on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:48 am

As I know, Crimea have enough water for farming autochtone traditional crops. Water from canal was mostly used for rice producing, which need a lot of water in some period of time. Crimea now doesn't produce rice and transitioning to more traditional crops as well as to fruit plantages and vineyards will reduce their need for water from canal and their own water sources will be enough.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:18 pm

medo wrote:As I know, Crimea have enough water for farming autochtone traditional crops. Water from canal was mostly used for rice producing, which need a lot of water in some period of time. Crimea now doesn't produce rice and transitioning to more traditional crops as well as to fruit plantages and vineyards will reduce their need for water from canal and their own water sources will be enough.

I am quite surprised that they were bothering with rice in the first place.

Just buy that stuff from Asia (they are drowning in it already) and focus on crops with actual profit margin.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:13 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    medo wrote:As I know, Crimea have enough water for farming autochtone traditional crops. Water from canal was mostly used for rice producing, which need a lot of water in some period of time. Crimea now doesn't produce rice and transitioning to more traditional crops as well as to fruit plantages and vineyards will reduce their need for water from canal and their own water sources will be enough.

Just buy that stuff from Asia (they are drowning in it already) and focus on crops with actual profit margin.

Yeah, rice plantations in semi-arid Crimea are rather idiotic. Keep the production to the wet tropics where it belongs.

Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:52 am

kvs wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Yeah, rice plantations in semi-arid Crimea are rather idiotic.   Keep the production to the wet tropics where it belongs.
    This was typical of Soviet-era grandiose agriculture plans that ended in failure, like Khrushchev obsession with maize, or cotton plantations in Central Asia that also needed intensive irrigation (and one of the causes of shrinkage of lake Aral).
    kvs

Post  kvs on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:40 am

Svyatoslavich wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Yeah, rice plantations in semi-arid Crimea are rather idiotic.   Keep the production to the wet tropics where it belongs.
    This was typical of Soviet-era grandiose agriculture plans that ended in failure, like Khrushchev obsession with maize, or cotton plantations in Central Asia that also needed intensive irrigation (and one of the causes of shrinkage of lake Aral).

Corn is a very water hungry plant. Soviet agricultural engineering was obviously based on ignorance.

"Sila yest, uma ne nada".
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:19 pm

https://ria.ru/economy/20170710/1498213204.html

So as a note, Siemens didn't send those turbines. Partially made ones from unknown source were transferred to Russia, upgraded and parts added by Russian companies, then placed in Crimea.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:17 am

miketheterrible wrote:https://ria.ru/economy/20170710/1498213204.html

So as a note, Siemens didn't send those turbines. Partially made ones from unknown source were transferred to Russia, upgraded and parts added by Russian companies, then placed in Crimea.

Thank you for the link.

Poor little Siemens is safe and secure from the mighty sanctions.

This forum board underscores how little intellectual credit Russians are given for coming up with innovative solutions. This
    sort of underestimation has f*cked up all the previous invaders.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:12 am

kvs wrote:
    Svyatoslavich wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Corn is a very water hungry plant. Soviet agricultural engineering was obviously based on ignorance.

"Sila yest, uma ne nada".

Not just the commies that make such stupid decisions... in Australia some idiot decided they had ideal conditions to grow rice... except for the lack of water of course... you can imagine how that effected water levels in the desert...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:16 am

kvs wrote:

Thank you for the link.

This forum board underscores how little intellectual credit Russians are given for coming up with innovative solutions.    This

Siemens are claiming they will sue but they will have to prove it first. They are simply going by media sensationalism of course. I hope they do so Russia counter sues for not getting the product they paid for.

marat

Post  marat on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:04 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    kvs wrote:

Thank you for the link.

This forum board underscores how little intellectual credit Russians are given for coming up with innovative solutions.    This

Siemens are claiming they will sue but they will have to prove it first.  They are simply going by media sensationalism of course.  I hope they do so Russia counter sues for not getting the product they paid for.

I think that they will have quite easy job to prove that their turbines are delivered to Crimea. Sanctions are vis majeur so you cannot isse counter claim.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:23 am