Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Share

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  max steel on Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:46 am

    The Russians Have Already Shot Down Numerous US Drones Violating Crimean Airspace



    And one of them, the mother of all drones, the massive Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk, was apparently commandeered by Russian electronic warfare and landed in Simferopol.

    The war you don’t hear about: numerous American military aircraft (albeit of the unmanned variety, though with the possibility of being armed and dangerous) have apparently been violating Russian airspace, leading to the Russians shooting - yes, shooting - them down following the refusal of the Americans to acknowledge Russian diplomatic notes of protest.

    The military violation of the territory, including the airspace, of a sovereign state is ordinarily taken to be a casus belli - an act of war.



    But to be fair to the Americans, they may justify their belligerent behavior, flagrantly refusing to respect Russia’s sovereignty, on the basis that they do not recognize Crimea to be a part of Russia. Therefore, they do not recognize any violation of the airspace of Russia as having taken place. Rather, they would contend that the American aircraft in question were flying within the sovereign territory of Ukraine, with the permission of the government with the only legitimate authority to grant or refuse such permission, namely the government of Ukraine.

    Nevertheless the Russians have made it clear that they consider Crimea to be a sovereign part of Russia. The Russians have made diplomatic protests over what they see as violation of their territory. The Americans have ignored them. The Russians have therefore shot down - and in one case commandeered and landed - these aircraft making incursions into their sovereign territory.

    An act of war has been committed by America against Russia; and if you accept the American position, an act of war has been committed by Russia against both the Ukraine and the United States. Shots have been fired, and the Americans have lost materiel.

    Note that these are not exchanges of fire through proxies, as happened throughout the Cold War and is happening now through Syria and in the east of Ukraine. No, these are two nuclear-armed powers already in the process of shooting at each other!

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2126
    Points : 2241
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:00 am

    https://www.rt.com/news/350041-russia-crimea-bridge-journalists/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

    Reunification with Russia has served a beneficial purpose for Crimea and its people, western reporters observed after visiting Sevastopol. They noted the “impressive” work on the 19-km bridge that will link the peninsula with the rest of Russia by 2019.
    Journalists from the US, the UK, Germany, South Korea, Bulgaria, Romania and Iraq have arrived to Crimea on the invitation of Russia’s Foreign Ministry.

    Some of have admitted Crimea’s reunification with Russia did led to some positive developments and even acknowledged that it was really the choice of the Crimean people after they visited the peninsula and spoke to the locals.

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3360
    Points : 3403
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:46 pm

    Does this mean a downgrading of Crimea's local government?

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree merging Russia's Southern and Crimean federal districts into an enlarged Southern Federal District led by the former justice minister and former prosecutor general, Vladimir Ustinov, the Kremlin announced on Thursday.

    "Reorganize the Southern Federal District and the Crimean Federal District into the Southern Federal District…Appoint Vladimir Vasilyavich Ustinov as the presidential commissioner to the Southern Federal District," the decree reads, as quoted on the Kremlin's website.

    The president instructed the Russian government to implement the decree while submitting corresponding legislation amendments to the State Duma.

    Ustinov has been serving as the presidential commissioner in the Southern Federal District since 2008.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1732
    Points : 1772
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  franco on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:35 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Does this mean a downgrading of Crimea's local government?

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree merging Russia's Southern and Crimean federal districts into an enlarged Southern Federal District led by the former justice minister and former prosecutor general, Vladimir Ustinov, the Kremlin announced on Thursday.

    "Reorganize the Southern Federal District and the Crimean Federal District into the Southern Federal District…Appoint Vladimir Vasilyavich Ustinov as the presidential commissioner to the Southern Federal District," the decree reads, as quoted on the Kremlin's website.

    The president instructed the Russian government to implement the decree while submitting corresponding legislation amendments to the State Duma.

    Ustinov has been serving as the presidential commissioner in the Southern Federal District since 2008.

    It will have no effect on local government. The Presidential Commissioner is the liaison between the local governments in the Federal District and the President (cabinet level minister if you wish). At first there was a separate Commissioner for Crimea and Sevastopol only. This makes perfect sense.

    auslander
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 859
    Points : 913
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  auslander on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:48 am

    There is more to the inclusion of Sevastopol and Krimu in to the district, much more.

    For starters, S. Menyailo, the appointed 'governor', read mayor, of Sevastopol was removed Thursday, this event producing dancing in the streets. Menyailo was 'promoted'....and sent to Siberia. Talk about a fall from grace, removed from what is in essence a heavenly little city and sent east to the snows. The subtle implications of this removal are not lost on others who may or may not be considering or actually doing what Menyailo and his henchmen were doing.

    Second, many of the sanctions imposed by us/eu/nazo were specifically against The Autonomous Republic of Krimea and The Federal City of Sevastopol. Since both are now part of the Southern District and technically no longer exist as before does this mean the aforementioned sanctions will have to be rewritten or do they now encompass the entire Southern District? The next days will be interesting in that respect.

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 529
    Points : 538
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  Project Canada on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:49 am


    @ Auslander,

    I have a question for you about the situation on tourism in Crimea, (since you're actually from Crimea, you have better knowledge about the situation there). A few weeks ago I read news about Russians going back to resorts in Turkey after the travel ban was lifted, now this made me wonder, are beaches in Turkey really better (climate, water temp, whiter sands etc.) than in Russia (Crimea + Kuban)? Or is it because of the infrastructure and/or inadequate advertising (modifiable causes) why Russians are not choosing to visit domestic beaches instead?

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 529
    Points : 538
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  Project Canada on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:37 am

    Project Canada wrote:
    @ Auslander,

    I have a question for you about the situation on tourism in Crimea, (since you're actually from Crimea, you have better knowledge about the situation there). A few weeks ago I read news about Russians going back to resorts in Turkey after the travel ban was lifted, now this made me wonder, are beaches in Turkey really better (climate, water temp, whiter sands etc.) than in Russia (Crimea + Kuban)? Or is it because of the infrastructure and/or inadequate advertising (modifiable causes) why Russians are not choosing to visit domestic beaches instead?

    Can someone else answer instead? Are Turkish resorts/beaches superior in quality to the ones found in Russia? Why are Russians still flocking there?

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2126
    Points : 2241
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  higurashihougi on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:06 am

    Contraindication: not for married men who have daughters.






    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9423
    Points : 9915
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  George1 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:02 am

    this troll was banned


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  Werewolf on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:10 am

    George1 wrote:this troll was banned

    Please, delete the posts of trolls. There is also pornographic shit from this scum posted.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9423
    Points : 9915
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  George1 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:36 am

    Werewolf wrote:
    George1 wrote:this troll was banned

    Please, delete the posts of trolls. There is also pornographic shit from this scum posted.

    Done in all topics thumbsup


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1732
    Points : 1772
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  franco on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:58 pm

    So Natalya Poklonskaya is no longer the Crimea’s chief prosecutor as she has been elected a Russian Federation Duma deputy. Still a cutie though.



    http://tass.com/politics/904400

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:05 pm

    George1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    George1 wrote:this troll was banned

    Please, delete the posts of trolls. There is also pornographic shit from this scum posted.

    Done in all topics thumbsup

    Little bit late, but thanks.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Crimea's integration into Russian Federation:

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:54 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:54 am