Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization

Cyberspec

Re: Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization

Post  Cyberspec on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:02 pm

They have large stocks left over from the Yugoslav Army so I suppose it makes sense to upgrade them. I think the Maljutka is till the most numerous ATGM in service with the Serbian Army. Apart from the ground based platform, the Airforce's Gazelle light helicopters are armed with it

Militarov

Post  Militarov on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Cyberspec wrote:They have large stocks left over from the Yugoslav Army so I suppose it makes sense to upgrade them. I think the Maljutka is till the most numerous ATGM in service with the Serbian Army. Apart from the ground based platform, the Airforce's Gazelle light helicopters are armed with it

Very few of standard ground launchers are in use, so Fagots are more numerous in reality, Maljutka simulators are still there tho for reserve personel. So you can count only POLO launchers and those few Gamas that still fly and number is quite small actually.

Serbia is pushing that design for modernisation due to fact that is our technological and financial maximum at this moment. In reality army has little interest for that freak, however that is what we can afford...if that.
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:51 am

Militarov wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:They have large stocks left over from the Yugoslav Army so I suppose it makes sense to upgrade them. I think the Maljutka is till the most numerous ATGM in service with the Serbian Army. Apart from the ground based platform, the Airforce's Gazelle light helicopters are armed with it

Very few of standard ground launchers are in use, so Fagots are more numerous in reality, Maljutka simulators are still there tho for reserve personel. So you can count only POLO launchers and those few Gamas that still fly and number is quite small actually.

Serbia is pushing that design for modernisation due to fact that is our technological and financial maximum at this moment. In reality army has little interest for that freak, however that is what we can afford...if that.

I like the fact that they have improved the sagger to be still effective. And yeah money is real issue. Konkurs would be sufficient and if they had the money Ansat 2RC would be good replacement for gazelle. Although a few years ago the UK had a big clear out of gazelle selling starting price was 20k up to 50-60k which is pretty cheap wonder if Serbia bought cheap ones for to be stripped for spares
    Militarov

Post  Militarov on Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:24 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

I like the fact that they have improved the sagger to be still effective. And yeah money is real issue. Konkurs would be sufficient and if they had the money Ansat 2RC would be good replacement for gazelle. Although a few years ago the UK had a big clear out of gazelle selling starting price was 20k up to 50-60k which is pretty cheap wonder if Serbia bought cheap ones for to be stripped for spares  

Sadly no. When its about spares for Gamas and Gazelle... there is a whole comic story here, as we managed to sell the company that owns tools and equipment that used to produce spares for less than 1 million USD.

Serbia 1/1 for you.
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Sad to hear....I spent a year at Nish airbase back in the 80's. Back then there were 2 Gazelle squadrons (1 x GAMA sq) based there and over 20 Mi-8's

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:57 am