Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria

Post  Militarov on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:43 pm

Project Canada wrote:Please correct me if my impression is wrong but it seems to me that Russian air to surface weapons needs improvement with their accuracy?

We dont know what they were aiming at, i belive this is external video source, not from actual launch platform. I guess this is UAV used for recon which is also used for damage report post strike. Also they used "dummy" gravity warloads most likely FAB500 derivates.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Project Canada wrote:Please correct me if my impression is wrong but it seems to me that Russian air to surface weapons needs improvement with their accuracy?

Trenches and dugouts.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:56 pm

Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    ult wrote:Ministry of Defense video.

This looks like drone sourced video. Not quite like a 'typical' bang on target through the roof US smart munition strike. Look at 0.30 they seem to be targeting the building complex with large bombs or missiles, one explosion is near the complex and certainly damages it whilst the other is in a nearby field. Still practice makes perfect.

The earlier strike in the video could be a cluster or multi small bomb hit.

That first strike was also "big" bomb just not in the viewfield, those "small" explosions are actually just fragments hitting ground and raising dust, saw plenty of those IRL sadly.

Just to get back to this, as i suspected reports say for that "fragmenting" hit was used HE Frag bomb, most likely OFAB500U or some bomb from OFAB line like OFAB250-270.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:59 pm

Su-25 over Hama province:

EDIT:

Negotiations in Geneva between Syrian government and Rebels...now of all days... Cool

http://twower.livejournal.com/1795996.html

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:08 pm

This video explain why US elite have so much obsession in wars every year
    in a new country ,and always seeks to weaken/destroy any resistance to their world empire as Syria/IRAN/BRICS  are.. The video shows why Anglozionist elite ,that have all the money in the world ,to have all the luxuries they want.. still not happy with that ,wants the total control of the world..  it shows how they US elite thinks , how they see humanity. what kind of "utopian world" they want and how they can achieve the perfect world for them to live..  See by yourselves how sick the American/Jewish billionaire elite can be.. and they not even hide it.

The Depopulation Agenda For a New World Order

Last edited by Vann7 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:10 pm

Ramsey (Kadyrov) wants his boots to be first on the ground in Syria... Very Happy

http://lifenews.ru/news/162692

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:17 pm

"HAPPENING NOW: At least 3 more air strikes by Russian air force in northern Homs in Syria, civilian casualties reported."

Source: https://twitter.com/IsraelHatzolah/status/649325537882673152

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Militarov wrote:"HAPPENING NOW: At least 3 more air strikes by Russian air force in northern Homs in Syria, civilian casualties reported."

Israel news feed. I believe the bombings, but not the casualties. If there are civilian casualties (which is usually the case), then I really feel for those people. They need to get out before the heat goes up. But it appears the civilian casualties have already been debunked.

Thanks for the news.

Is there anymore news on Su-34's in Syria

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Militarov wrote:"HAPPENING NOW: At least 3 more air strikes by Russian air force in northern Homs in Syria, civilian casualties reported."

Civilian casualties will be reported 30 times a day throughout this entire campaign.... there will be civilian casualties reported even during refueling on tarmac. Rolling Eyes

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:22 pm

sepheronx wrote:

Israel news feed.  I believe the bombings, but not the casualties.  If there are civilian casualties (which is usually the case), then I really feel for those people.  They need to get out before the heat goes up.  But it appears the civilian casualties have already been debunked.  

Thanks for the news.  

Is there anymore news on Su-34's in Syria

In a words of Jennifer Lopez: "Waiting For Tonight..." lol1

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:23 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Civilian casualties will be reported 30 times a day throughout this entire campaign.... there will be civilian casualties reported even during refueling on tarmac. Rolling Eyes  

Don't know why Israel would care about civilian casualties, since they have no problem leveling an entire city block and then state that terrorists fault.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:25 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

As expected, i did not share it coz of reported civilian deaths but coz of news about new strikes, i prefer to put whole source here rather than cut stuff out. But yeah, they atm on twitter reached figure of 130 civilians dead in Homs today, all those Al Nusra, FSA and similar sources which are plenty are spamming and i must sadly say winning "media war".

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Not necessarily, the bombed dropped could be a armor piercing/bunker buster, it's likely that what they hit was probably hidden catacombs.

Solncepek
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Solncepek on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:34 pm

США не подтвердили гибель мирных жителей при российских ударах в Сирии
    30 сентября 2015, 22:10
    Заявления сирийской оппозиции о том, что российские авиаудары в Сирии якобы привели к гибели мирных жителей, не соответствуют действительности, заявил глава Пентагона Эштон Картер.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:36 pm

Solncepek wrote:США не подтвердили гибель мирных жителей при российских ударах в Сирии
    Заявления сирийской оппозиции о том, что российские авиаудары в Сирии якобы привели к гибели мирных жителей, не соответствуют действительности, заявил глава Пентагона Эштон Картер.

USA have not confirmed the deaths of civilians during the Russian attacks in Syria
    September 30, 2015, 22:10
    The statements of the Syrian opposition that a Russian airstrikes in Syria allegedly led to the deaths of civilians are untrue, said the head of the Pentagon Ashton Carter.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:37 pm

Solncepek wrote:США не подтвердили гибель мирных жителей при российских ударах в Сирии

So your saying Ashton Carter can't confirm the so-called casulities, if they're real or not?

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:39 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:

So your saying Ashton Carter can't confirm the so-called casulities, if they're real or not?

Basically that, US cant confirm civilian victims that FSA and company claim online.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Militarov wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

Basically that, US cant confirm civilian victims that FSA and company claim online.

You should really re-post what you posted in the other Syrian thread about the White Helmets. It's a real 'eye-opener!'

Solncepek
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Solncepek on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:48 pm

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:49 pm

Famous "White Helmets" are "Syria Civil Defence are 2,709 volunteer search and rescue workers from local communities who risk their lives to save others and bring hope. 30,000+ lives saved" they apparently have strong ties with Al Nusra judging by their Twitter account and some reports.

Examples of their tweets (mainly aganist Assad and Russia, very rarely aganist ISIS even tho they are supposed to be besieged by them):

Their official Twitter account: https://twitter.com/SyriaCivilDef
    Their official Webpage: https://www.whitehelmets.org - Quite neat design for someone who is built on volonteur basis in wartorn country i expected 10 lines of HTML and Tables.

They have been already caught lying tho as i posted on other topic:

But what IS very interesting to me is this:

Seems they are participating in more than just "Humanitarian aid and rescue".

Reposted here too, on request by 2 forum members Smile

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:54 pm

Naturally, who else but Rogozin Very Happy

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:06 am

"Russian airstrikes targeting Kafr Zita in North Hama countryside now... Syria, Hama" - Reported exacly 10 minutes ago

Source: https://twitter.com/F1ea1337/status/649341025933246464

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:37 am

Not sure if Rogozin himself posted that vid, but that is from the recent exercises in Russia, i very seriously doubt it has anything to do with Syria.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:39 am

mack8 wrote:Not sure if Rogozin himself posted that vid, but that is from the recent exercises in Russia, i very seriously doubt it has anything to do with Syria.

Yeah it is him who posted it, and yeah its video from military exercise, noone claimed its from Syria, i just posted is as amusing sight Smile. Some scrubs on twitter tho thought its from Syria and that made whole mess lol

Rodinazombie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Rodinazombie on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:58 am

The propaganda has already started on the bbc here.

Watched the report tonight and they described it as 'russia is carrying out airstrikes against assads OPPONENTS.

So, when the uk/us are bombing syria (and breaking international law and state sovereignty they love to talk about) they are bombing evil ISIS terrorists, yet when russia does it its bombing the good guys, the brave warriors who foght against the dictator assad.

Get ready for lots of bs about mass civilian casualties by western media, they are going to have a field day with this. I just hope putin knows what he is doing, because not one intervention in the middle east ever turns out well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:04 am

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:04 am