Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

United States European Command

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: United States European Command

Post  George1 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:15 pm

US Deploys in Mediterranean as NATO Brings in 25,000 Troops

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150617/1023472550.html#ixzz3dKC6etA9

victor1985
    Major
    Major

Post  victor1985 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:41 pm

I put here same question as in a other topic: someone said to me that russia actually is close to usa and all is a joke to foul naive people to produce weapons at a accelerated rithm. Is that true?

Airbornewolf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  Airbornewolf on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:10 pm

victor1985 wrote:I put here same question as in a other topic: someone said to me that russia actually is close to usa and all is a joke to foul naive people to produce weapons at a accelerated rithm. Is that true?

the U.SA/NATO are not at all close with Russia. withholding my own judgement of your perception on geopolitical situations i try to explain as to why the situation as what it is. there is no point in being offensive of course and i guess there are never dumb questions, just dumb answers. so

i try to summarise as to why Russia views encroachment of NATO towards its borders as an threat.

it started where Gorbachev made agreements with NATO at the end of the cold war. and Gorbachev was given the promise NATO would never expand Eastward towards Russia. NATO did of course, damaging heavily the credibility of NATO's word.

what followed where some nasty dirty CIA/NATO operations in eastern europe and the Balkans. under the guise of "humanitarian" intervention Serbia got ravaged by NATO airstrikes targeting non-millitary targets like bridges, hospitals, factorys and powerplants and other civilian infrastructure and critical buildings important to the continuation of an nation. NATO acted as an Judas, showing the world its "good face" while its alter-ego Mister Hyde ravaged Serbia the same time. being the same person doing it. even slamming one of their Tomahawks into the Chinese Consulate present there.

NATO started out as an "defensive alliance". witch i believe it more or less was keeping the status Quo going during the cold war. but as soon the cold war ended NATO/U.S.A considered itself as the total victor when the USSR collapsed and began to view the world as its personal sandbox to shape as it saw fit.

25 years ago, in since the 90's NATO has an legacy of endless war in theatre's around the globe. all under the pretext of "western value's" it destroyed hub's of political resistance that did not agreed to follow the U.S foreign policy. and note these country's coming under attack by NATO did not pose any threat to NATO country's. effectively re-branding NATO from and Defensive organisation to an Offensive organisation.

this encroachment and meddling with Russian interests in country's around Russia continued towards this day. where Ukraine is now an open, sore wound in Russia/West Relations. do not forget Eastern Ukraine is primarily Russian speaking people with roots with Russia that are under attack by NATO supplied coup-government. and to make matters worse the Western Ukrainians are comprised primarily out of Nazi's.

this is an dead-serious matter, there are no conspiracy's involved as how the geopolitical situation is presented. it really is an conflict between NATO's lust for full spectrum dominance over the world and country's like Russia and China saying "no".

and in my opinion, NATO can not even compensate for what it already has done in the world. NATO should be dismembered and put to the grave. i quit because i no longer wanted to be part of this monstrosity that just is an tool for the U.S.A to destroy other countries.

i have two friends that are flight attendants and i hear their stories about how things are in Iran, Russia and China. there is nothing wrong there, people just share different views and the culture is different. but since when should nations and people be identical?. i like different cultures and i feel all people have the right to their own culture and views. as long it that view does not involve bombing my home im all up for discussions. the world of today is already an multi-polar world, i do not want to be viewed as some European Colonist trying to enforce other countries to the Will of Brussels or Washington. i rather just take their views in consideration and build an stable world in witch all of us can agree to and live with. i really like what other cultures brought into my life. food, entertainment, different views on matters and my personal favorite different kinds of booze.

its just some nations and organisations like to cling on to the geopolitical power they had the last 20 years and cant accept the change happening like NATO/U.S. its like an Dinosaur desperately fighting against the impending comet impact. regardless it accepts it or not the change will happen.

so, no. its not an conspiracy to accelerate weapon development together. its really as bad as it sound i guess.

nemrod
    Major
    Major

US launches biggest allied airborne drills since Cold War ended

Post  nemrod on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:08 pm

PS: To admin, or moderators. In order to avoid redundant threads, if you could move this post into the appropriate area, if it exists, or create one, and gather all subjects about drills, into a same Topic named Drills, Manoeuvres, or Exercises, etc... Feel free to name it how you like. It could be useful.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-launches-biggest-allied-airborne-drills-since-cold-182141641.html

US launches biggest allied airborne drills since Cold War ended
    Brussels (AFP) - The United States said Tuesday it has launched the biggest allied airborne drills in Europe since the Cold War ended, as fighting involving pro-Russian separatists escalated in eastern Ukraine.

Nearly 5,000 soldiers from 11 NATO allies are taking part in four weeks of "simultaneous multinational airborne operations" across Germany, Italy, Bulgaria and Romania that began in Saturday, the US army said in a statement.

"Swift Response 15 is the largest Allied airborne training event on the continent since the end of the Cold War," according to the statement from the US army in Grafenwohr in southern Germany.

It is designed to help allied "high-readiness forces" act as one and "demonstrate the alliance's capacity to rapidly deploy and operate in support of maintaining a strong and secure Europe," it said.

The statement made no reference to the crisis in Ukraine where government troops have been fighting pro-Russian separatists since April last year, which has claimed the lives of nearly 7,000 people.

While the conflict eased after a truce in February, fighting has escalated in recent days.

The fighting has stirred the highest tensions since the Cold War ended more than two decades ago as the West accuses Russia of not only arming the rebels but sending in troops to support them. Moscow denies the charges.

NATO, a 28-country alliance led by the United States, last week defended the number of military exercises it has staged as a response to "growing Russian aggression" and refuted suggestions that they were helping make war in Europe more likely.

The US army said the highlight of the drills will take place on 26 August when allied warplanes will drop more than 1,000 paratroopers and equipment the to Hohenfels training area in Germany.

A similar drill will also take place the same day at the Novo Selo training area in Bulgaria, a former Soviet ally.

Participating in the exercises until 13 September are more than 4,800 soldiers from Bulgaria, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Britain and the United States.

It said the exercise marks the first time the US 82nd Airborne Division has operated in Europe since supporting NATO operations in Kosovo in 1999.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:06 pm

Over 1,000 NATO Airborne Forces Take the Plunge Over Germany During Drills

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:49 pm

US Army Presence in Europe to Reach 3 Fully-Manned Brigades by 2017

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160330/1037215362/us-army-presence-europe.html#ixzz44Oyaicht

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:29 am

Twelve US F-15c Fighter Jets, 250 Airmen Arrive in EU to Support NATO

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160406/1037599216/us-eucom-f-15-nato.html#ixzz457isi7XR

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:15 pm

2 F-22's arrived in Romania.
    https://www.rt.com/shortcode/7b0c/

What a joke. But prime opportunity for Russia to monitor the Jets. Still, 400km away from Crimea.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:17 am