Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Civilian Firearms Market

    Share

    Scarr25

    Posts : 7
    Points : 11
    Join date : 2014-03-16

    Who is familiar with 1970's Baikals?

    Post  Scarr25 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:30 am

    I am the original owner of a Baikal MTs-5. There doesn't seem to be anyone who is knowledgeable about them and it's impossible to dig up any info on the web. They must be rare.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16729
    Points : 17337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  GarryB on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:48 am

    Have heard the comment they are like Holland and Holland Quality Shotguns for the price of a Barretta.

    Personally I prefer more practical weapons that can be handled and shot... I would be more inclined to put an MTs-5 on a wall than shoot it.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Scarr25

    Posts : 7
    Points : 11
    Join date : 2014-03-16

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  Scarr25 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:14 pm

    GarryB wrote:Have heard the comment they are like Holland and Holland Quality Shotguns for the price of a Barretta.

    Personally I prefer more practical weapons that can be handled and shot... I would be more inclined to put an MTs-5 on a wall than shoot it.

    Hi Gary,

    I have heard that quote. I also prefer more practical weapons. I inherited this from my father. I have always
    wanted to make a nice case for it and put it on the wall. It's a coincidence that you say that.

    Thanks,
    Steve
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16729
    Points : 17337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  GarryB on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:38 am

    From the few examples I have seen like it they are beautifully made.

    The best English language info I have found is here:

    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=124415

    And I see at the bottom of page three you have also found that page too. Smile



    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Scarr25

    Posts : 7
    Points : 11
    Join date : 2014-03-16

    Thanks!

    Post  Scarr25 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:39 pm

    I'll get the hang of replying down sooner or later.

    Yes and thank you. I wrote an email to the same gentleman who responded with pricing in the link you shared.
    We'll see if he responds, I'll let you know.

    Be well,
    Steve
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16729
    Points : 17337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  GarryB on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:52 am

    Well Duh... there are photos of the Griffin on the first page of this thread... how quickly we forget...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Sujoy

    Posts : 903
    Points : 1069
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India

    Domestic Firearms Market

    Post  Sujoy on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:35 pm

    Russians can now carry guns for ‘self-defense’



    In an amendment to its tough gun control laws, the Russian government eases restrictions, allowing citizens to carry licensed weapons for the purposes of ‘self-defense.’

    Until now Russian gun enthusiasts were only permitted to carry firearms for hunting or target shooting after obtaining a license through the Interior Ministry. Russian gun licenses are to be renewed every five years, and applicants face strict background checks and are required to take gun safety courses.

    The addendum to the law now lists self-defense as a legally acceptable reason for carrying a weapon.

    However, a 2011 Levada poll found that 81 percent of Russians opposed easing the existing gun regulations.

    In spite of its restrictive gun laws, Russia has seen its share gun violence. In 2012, a 30 year old lawyer opened fire on his colleagues at a pharmaceutical company, killing six. Just last year, 15-year-old straight A student, Sergey Gordeyev, killed a teacher and a police officer after taking 29 students hostage.

    The government’s press service underscored that carrying a weapon will remain prohibited at educational institutions, establishments which operate at night and serve alcohol, and mass public gatherings such as street demonstrations or protests. The legislation also forbids carrying a weapon while under the influence of alcohol.

    The law broadly defines self-defense weapons, including smoothbore long barrelled guns, pistols, revolvers, and other firearms, as well as Tasers, and devices equipped with teargas. Long barrelled fire arms and edged weapons are, however, forbidden by the law.

    In addition, the amendment softened requirements for foreigners bringing arms into the Russian Federation or purchasing arms on Russian territory. The grace period for foreigners awaiting a license from the Interior Ministry for firearms has been increased from 5 to 10 days.

    http://rt.com/news/206703-russia-guns-self-defense/
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5359
    Points : 5590
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  Werewolf on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:47 pm

    I can't be the only one who thinks that this is a step in a bad direction?
    avatar
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1241
    Points : 1263
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:48 pm

    Personally I am not overly worried but having a large portion of the population being "americanished" means that you will probably experience one or two massacres, schools, hospitals, clubs you name it.
    avatar
    Mike E

    Posts : 2760
    Points : 2806
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  Mike E on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:31 am

    Werewolf wrote:I can't be the only one who thinks that this is a step in a bad direction?
    You're alone, gun control is ****, doesn't work, and allows govs. to control their citizens.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16729
    Points : 17337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  GarryB on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 am

    The police are not always there when you need them the issue however is that the rules around defending yourself have to be made totally clear to anyone wanting to take up arms to defend themselves.

    Here in NZ it is illegal to own any sort of firearm for the purpose of self defence. Pepper sprays and tasers are also illegal... in other words if you are attacked you basically have to make do with whatever comes to hand... and don't get caught carrying around weapons either.

    Personally I like the fact that pistols are fairly hard to get in NZ as they are very desirable to criminals for their fire power and concealment.

    If the bad guys already have guns then why not let civilians defend themselves with the same?

    As far as I am concerned gun control is being able to hit your target.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16729
    Points : 17337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  GarryB on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:41 am

    Check out these... totally awesome...

    Miniature guns made by the Arsenal company that makes the Strike pistol.

    these guns are real and they fire real ammo scaled down to size... they cost something like $60,000 each and the ammo is something like $100 per shot or more... but look at them!!!









    Note if you want to see them fire skip to the last vid...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    collegeboy16

    Posts : 1175
    Points : 1184
    Join date : 2012-10-05
    Age : 21
    Location : Roanapur

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  collegeboy16 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 pm

    hehehe, thats just kawaii as fck. Twisted Evil .
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5359
    Points : 5590
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  Werewolf on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:28 pm

    Funny and amazing stuff, but i doubt he got lot of costumers for such price per unit, well maybe Babtistas son would buy it...plated in gold.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4488
    Points : 4661
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:34 pm

    GarryB wrote:Check out these... totally awesome...

    Miniature guns made by the Arsenal company that makes the Strike pistol.

    these guns are real and they fire real ammo scaled down to size... they cost something like $60,000 each and the ammo is something like $100 per shot or more... but look at them!!!









    Note if you want to see them fire skip to the last vid...

    They're pretty damn cool!
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16729
    Points : 17337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  GarryB on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:55 am

    The stumbling block of custom made ammo is a problem... I have a friend who used to make model radio controlled aircraft... he made a huge spitfire with about a 3m wingspan that was very cool and it reminded me that the old 20mm Shkas cannon used a cannon shell that actually looked rather a lot like a .22LR rifle round.

    Would be cool to make a Yak or LaGG with 20mm cannons that use .22LR ammo as that is cheap and it could even be loaded with tracer rounds.

    Obviously incredibly dangerous... and would likely not be legal, but having scale model 20mm cannon firing .22LR would be interesting.

    You could expand it from small arms to include artillery... actually I have always thought the 115mm shell from the T-62 tank looked a lot like a 30/30 rifle round... imagine a half scale tank... Twisted Evil


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5359
    Points : 5590
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:04 am

    GarryB wrote:The stumbling block of custom made ammo is a problem... I have a friend who used to make model radio controlled aircraft... he made a huge spitfire with about a 3m wingspan that was very cool and it reminded me that the old 20mm Shkas cannon used a cannon shell that actually looked rather a lot like a .22LR rifle round.

    Would be cool to make a Yak or LaGG with 20mm cannons that use .22LR ammo as that is cheap and it could even be loaded with tracer rounds.

    Obviously incredibly dangerous... and would likely not be legal, but having scale model 20mm cannon firing .22LR would be interesting.

    You could expand it from small arms to include artillery... actually I have always thought the 115mm shell from the T-62 tank looked a lot like a 30/30 rifle round... imagine a half scale tank... Twisted Evil


    Yea, i always dreamed about a RC turbined Mi-24 with function YaK-12,7 with some small rounds.

    avatar
    Zivo

    Posts : 1491
    Points : 1521
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  Zivo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:59 am

    Those tiny guns are nuts.

    That freaking VSS. attack
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10648
    Points : 11127
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  George1 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:14 am

    Civilian version of the AK-74M - "Saiga MK"

    JSC "Concern" Kalashnikov "(part of the State Corporation" Rostec ") in a press release September 15, 2016 reported that launched the sale of the upgraded 5.45-mm semi-automatic carbine" Saiga MK "execution 030. In accordance with the wishes of consumers, carbine design changes have been made that improve ergonomics and to double the performance of the product.



    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2136420.html



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10648
    Points : 11127
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  George1 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:59 pm

    The Moscow International Exhibition of Arms & Hunting 2016

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2160536.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1727
    Points : 1884
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  TheArmenian on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:11 am

    And now we have a pump-action AK
    Called KSZ-223

    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16729
    Points : 17337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  GarryB on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:07 pm

    Nice.

    A rifle that I can buy to get around all the semi auto machine gun legislation BS.

    They wont be able to call it a military style assault rifle now if it is a pump action... Smile



    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3924
    Points : 3951
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:14 am

    TheArmenian wrote:And now we have a pump-action AK
    Called KSZ-223


    Actually it's not a "pump". But a straight action made to look like a pump. The rifle is just like a normal AK with a busted gas port. Clever Russian is clever.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16729
    Points : 17337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  GarryB on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:06 pm

    It seems it is easier to use a standard cocking lever when prone than operate a pump slide.

    This rifle has a cocking handle on both sides of the rifle to allow it to be operated manually by either hand.

    AFAIK a lot of european countries don't allow military semi auto rifles in civilian ownership, so this would be a great way to sell to civilians around the world.

    Personally I would prefer to see a pump action multi calibre bullpup weapon able to take standard magazines in 7.62 x 39mm, 5.45mm, 12 gauge, 7.62 x 54mm, etc.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1490
    Points : 1490
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Military and Civilian small arms?

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:44 am

    Mods - can we rename this to: Russian Military and Civilian small arms? Because instead of all these little other threads, can have one big one on all Russian rifle and small arms development.

    ORSIS showcases new rifle: K-151

    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/30/new-russian-rifle-orsis-k-151/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com





    Sponsored content

    Re: Civilian Firearms Market

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:59 pm