Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Civilian Firearms Market

Scarr25
    Private
    Private

Who is familiar with 1970's Baikals?

Post  Scarr25 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:30 am

I am the original owner of a Baikal MTs-5. There doesn't seem to be anyone who is knowledgeable about them and it's impossible to dig up any info on the web. They must be rare.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Civilian Firearms Market

Post  GarryB on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:48 am

Have heard the comment they are like Holland and Holland Quality Shotguns for the price of a Barretta.

Personally I prefer more practical weapons that can be handled and shot... I would be more inclined to put an MTs-5 on a wall than shoot it.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Scarr25
    Private
    Private

Post  Scarr25 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:14 pm

GarryB wrote:Have heard the comment they are like Holland and Holland Quality Shotguns for the price of a Barretta.

Personally I prefer more practical weapons that can be handled and shot... I would be more inclined to put an MTs-5 on a wall than shoot it.

Hi Gary,

I have heard that quote. I also prefer more practical weapons. I inherited this from my father. I have always
    wanted to make a nice case for it and put it on the wall. It's a coincidence that you say that.

Thanks,
    Steve

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:38 am

From the few examples I have seen like it they are beautifully made.

The best English language info I have found is here:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=124415

And I see at the bottom of page three you have also found that page too. Smile

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Scarr25
    Private
    Private

Thanks!

Post  Scarr25 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:39 pm

I'll get the hang of replying down sooner or later.

Yes and thank you. I wrote an email to the same gentleman who responded with pricing in the link you shared.
    We'll see if he responds, I'll let you know.

Be well,
    Steve

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:52 am

Well Duh... there are photos of the Griffin on the first page of this thread... how quickly we forget...

Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Domestic Firearms Market

Post  Sujoy on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Russians can now carry guns for ‘self-defense’

In an amendment to its tough gun control laws, the Russian government eases restrictions, allowing citizens to carry licensed weapons for the purposes of ‘self-defense.’

Until now Russian gun enthusiasts were only permitted to carry firearms for hunting or target shooting after obtaining a license through the Interior Ministry. Russian gun licenses are to be renewed every five years, and applicants face strict background checks and are required to take gun safety courses.

The addendum to the law now lists self-defense as a legally acceptable reason for carrying a weapon.

However, a 2011 Levada poll found that 81 percent of Russians opposed easing the existing gun regulations.

In spite of its restrictive gun laws, Russia has seen its share gun violence. In 2012, a 30 year old lawyer opened fire on his colleagues at a pharmaceutical company, killing six. Just last year, 15-year-old straight A student, Sergey Gordeyev, killed a teacher and a police officer after taking 29 students hostage.

The government’s press service underscored that carrying a weapon will remain prohibited at educational institutions, establishments which operate at night and serve alcohol, and mass public gatherings such as street demonstrations or protests. The legislation also forbids carrying a weapon while under the influence of alcohol.

The law broadly defines self-defense weapons, including smoothbore long barrelled guns, pistols, revolvers, and other firearms, as well as Tasers, and devices equipped with teargas. Long barrelled fire arms and edged weapons are, however, forbidden by the law.

In addition, the amendment softened requirements for foreigners bringing arms into the Russian Federation or purchasing arms on Russian territory. The grace period for foreigners awaiting a license from the Interior Ministry for firearms has been increased from 5 to 10 days.

http://rt.com/news/206703-russia-guns-self-defense/

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:47 pm

I can't be the only one who thinks that this is a step in a bad direction?

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Personally I am not overly worried but having a large portion of the population being "americanished" means that you will probably experience one or two massacres, schools, hospitals, clubs you name it.

NickM
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  NickM on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:04 am

Werewolf wrote:I can't be the only one who thinks that this is a step in a bad direction?

No, this is a good move on the part of Putin.

Immigrants have taken over most Russian cities just like in the UK. Local people in Russia are regularly being harassed, assaulted by these immigrants. Therefore, it is good that local people are now being allowed to carry firearms to protect themselves.

We need similar rules in the UK as well.I personally am lobbying for it.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:31 am

Werewolf wrote:I can't be the only one who thinks that this is a step in a bad direction?
    You're alone, gun control is ****, doesn't work, and allows govs. to control their citizens.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 am

The police are not always there when you need them the issue however is that the rules around defending yourself have to be made totally clear to anyone wanting to take up arms to defend themselves.

Here in NZ it is illegal to own any sort of firearm for the purpose of self defence. Pepper sprays and tasers are also illegal... in other words if you are attacked you basically have to make do with whatever comes to hand... and don't get caught carrying around weapons either.

Personally I like the fact that pistols are fairly hard to get in NZ as they are very desirable to criminals for their fire power and concealment.

If the bad guys already have guns then why not let civilians defend themselves with the same?

As far as I am concerned gun control is being able to hit your target.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:41 am

Check out these... totally awesome...

Miniature guns made by the Arsenal company that makes the Strike pistol.

these guns are real and they fire real ammo scaled down to size... they cost something like $60,000 each and the ammo is something like $100 per shot or more... but look at them!!!

Note if you want to see them fire skip to the last vid...

collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  collegeboy16 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 pm

hehehe, thats just kawaii as fck. Twisted Evil .

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Funny and amazing stuff, but i doubt he got lot of costumers for such price per unit, well maybe Babtistas son would buy it...plated in gold.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:34 pm

GarryB wrote:Check out these... totally awesome...

Miniature guns made by the Arsenal company that makes the Strike pistol.

these guns are real and they fire real ammo scaled down to size... they cost something like $60,000 each and the ammo is something like $100 per shot or more... but look at them!!!

Note if you want to see them fire skip to the last vid...

They're pretty damn cool!

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:55 am

The stumbling block of custom made ammo is a problem... I have a friend who used to make model radio controlled aircraft... he made a huge spitfire with about a 3m wingspan that was very cool and it reminded me that the old 20mm Shkas cannon used a cannon shell that actually looked rather a lot like a .22LR rifle round.

Would be cool to make a Yak or LaGG with 20mm cannons that use .22LR ammo as that is cheap and it could even be loaded with tracer rounds.

Obviously incredibly dangerous... and would likely not be legal, but having scale model 20mm cannon firing .22LR would be interesting.

You could expand it from small arms to include artillery... actually I have always thought the 115mm shell from the T-62 tank looked a lot like a 30/30 rifle round... imagine a half scale tank... Twisted Evil

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:04 am

GarryB wrote:The stumbling block of custom made ammo is a problem... I have a friend who used to make model radio controlled aircraft... he made a huge spitfire with about a 3m wingspan that was very cool and it reminded me that the old 20mm Shkas cannon used a cannon shell that actually looked rather a lot like a .22LR rifle round.

Would be cool to make a Yak or LaGG with 20mm cannons that use .22LR ammo as that is cheap and it could even be loaded with tracer rounds.

Obviously incredibly dangerous... and would likely not be legal, but having scale model 20mm cannon firing .22LR would be interesting.

You could expand it from small arms to include artillery... actually I have always thought the 115mm shell from the T-62 tank looked a lot like a 30/30 rifle round... imagine a half scale tank... Twisted Evil

Yea, i always dreamed about a RC turbined Mi-24 with function YaK-12,7 with some small rounds.

Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Zivo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:59 am

Those tiny guns are nuts.

That freaking VSS. attack

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:14 am

Civilian version of the AK-74M - "Saiga MK"

JSC "Concern" Kalashnikov "(part of the State Corporation" Rostec ") in a press release September 15, 2016 reported that launched the sale of the upgraded 5.45-mm semi-automatic carbine" Saiga MK "execution 030. In accordance with the wishes of consumers, carbine design changes have been made that improve ergonomics and to double the performance of the product.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2136420.html

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:59 pm

The Moscow International Exhibition of Arms & Hunting 2016

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2160536.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:03 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:03 am