Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Economy General News: #3

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

Post  kvs on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:04 pm

So Sberbank has raised its mortgage rate to 16%. This proves to me that the whole CBR rate policy is absurd and undermines
    Russia's economy. A rate of 16% has no relationship to reality. The Russian inflation rate is not 16% and Russia is not even
    in a recession.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:11 pm

http://www.alhambrapartners.com/2014/12/31/occams-oil/

The current oil price drop has nothing to do with some American engineered economic attack on Russia. We are in
    another recession but the media says nothing about it.

par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  par far on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:49 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:
    Austin wrote:As oil falls, Russia choked by military, social spending
    Reuters, really!?  Suspect

It is just Zionist propaganda, these bastards do this all the time.

par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  par far on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:07 pm

The Russian economy has to adopt and it is going to take a few years, President Vladimir Putin have to stop people inside Russia(former and current) from raising fear(tell them to stop or they will be put in jail or better shot).

Cutting military spending is just dumb and that won't happen, with the Zionist jews all round, that would not be good.

Russia needs to do more currency swaps with other countries(if US thinks it can screw with Russia and get away with it they are wrong).

Russia needs to do what is being done to them and that is speculators, speculating against Russian Ruble and the oil. Russia should start speculating against the us dollar(saying we do currency swaps lined up etc etc) and the countries that put sanctions on Russia(just make up bullshit like they do). Speculating the jewish Saudi Arabia could do wonders for the oil prices(say that they under stress and are going to be cutting oil prices or a cyber attack on their oil infrastructure could also be done(although  I'd prefer a Bulava attack).

Cause problems for US in Afghanistan, close the Russian routes that the jewish NATO is using to get equipment into Afghanistan. Start arming people in Afghanistan and start sending US troops in body bags(this is kind of last resort).

Biggest thing of all is don't panic, that is what they want you to do, there so many ways Russia can hit back.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:03 pm

kvs wrote:These Russian officials need to be fired ASAP for fear mongering.   Russia can run deficits just like Canada and the USA.
    I do not recall the enormous deficits in the USA being used to write America off.

Indeed , Even India runs budget deficits of 3-4 % the saving grace for us in 2014 is the low oil price which reduced fisical defict at ~ 3 %

Can you explain the following

1 ) Why cant Russian start its own QE where they print money and provide loans at 1-2 % interest rate ?

Is Russia limited because its currency is not global currency hence any increase in printing might lead to massive inflation ?

2 ) How about increasing its Public Debt to 25 % and lend it to banks ?

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Austin wrote:
    kvs wrote:These Russian officials need to be fired ASAP for fear mongering.   Russia can run deficits just like Canada and the USA.
    I do not recall the enormous deficits in the USA being used to write America off.

Indeed , Even India runs budget deficits of 3-4 % the saving grace for us in 2014 is the low oil price which reduced fisical defict at ~ 3 %

Can you explain the following

1 ) Why cant Russian start its own QE where they print money and provide loans at 1-2 % interest rate ?

Is Russia limited because its currency is not global currency hence any increase in printing might lead to massive inflation ?

2 ) How about increasing its Public Debt to 25 % and lend it to banks ?

1) The US does indeed have vastly more "sterilization" capacity for its QE. Printing US dollars like Pancho Villa printed pesos has
    no immediate impact on US inflation because the money actually goes abroad. The demand for dollars is high around the world.
    As long as this demand persists the US dollar will retain its value. If the demand collapses then there will be an inflation tsunami
    that will hit the USA.

2) The Russian banks just need to be able to deal with the CBR at reasonable interest rates. Not 17% but 6%. The Russian
    government needs to run a deficit for the next few years to maintain economic momentum. Austerity during recessions is
    for retards. It is popular to bash Keynes at websites like zerohedge, but they are all totally clueless about what he advocated.
    No government actually follows the advice of Keynes. His idea was very solid: the government accumulates reserves during
    boom times and spends them during recessions/depressions. This sound fiscal policy would create a governor on the economy
    that would reduce the amplitude of the "business cycle". Instead of killing business with high interest rates during boom times
    (in the case of Russia they are running high interest rates during recessions as well which is simply bizarre), taxation on profits should
    be imposed. Big companies with big profits can afford to pay taxes. Small startup firms cannot afford high interest rates and
    do not have to pay high profit taxes.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:20 pm

The one benefit of the USD is that it does not get hyperinflation by printing like crazy, because due the Bretton Woods it is a reserve currency and countries have to buy with their own currency free floating USD to have capability to trade on international market. The other point is that since USD is run by a private bank the FED and the FED has rating agencies which are all working for them, will not openly say the actual value of the USD to what it is now to what it was, since US has a monopoly in exact this two things along with their sidekick project EU and FIAT money printing Central bank in Frankfurt, those values and exchange rate and flation to its own value are decided by Rating agencies and the FED, if russia was going to try printing its money like FIATmoney they would open a big devaluation door for the West to further attack the ruble via FED and rating agencies. This works only if you are the Mafia and a monopole at the same time, if eveyone would just adjust to this unfair system and would try to do the same thing, they would run into serious problems and trying to alter the current Petrodollar monopoly already exterminated some decision makers in wars, see Gaddafi,Saddam.

If russia wants to adjust the System to its own benefit it has to terminate all laws and treasons in its country, that means complete ban of USD, federalisation of CBR, jailing of every single speculant, NGO that are operating within financial/economy sector and than they can hand out loans with no Interest that would benefit the entire country and would be for the first time a functioning Economy, because today we have an utopia of market, for every printed currency the bank that prints it wants interest, meaning debts will always be hire than actual money or even fictual money on this planet, the entire society and economy of this so called "free market" revolves only around the system that everyone re-directs his debts to someone else it is a spiral of debts that are impossible to be paid back, created by banksters because the are greedy f*cks.

TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TheArmenian on Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:31 pm

And the Canadian Dollar has dipped again. It is at 85 cents to a US$.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:37 pm

CBR needs to be rid of from Sberbank, thus access to the FOREX for CBR would be very limited.  Technically, Sberbank is 50% owned by CBR which, CBR being a private entity, isn't supposed to have that which brings conflict of interest, and could be a valid reason for audits against CBR.  And instead of blowing billions to lift a floating currency (which is then not solving the issue but prolonging the inevitable), that money should be used as a way to provide loans at low interest rates and re-invested into the Russian economy.  Shamelessly blowing billions to a currency that is falling because of speculators attacks, is just going to make things worst.  Instead, go after the speculators at home.  The ones abroad? Bar then from Russian economy altogether.

Sberbank will learn pretty darn quickly that raising interest rates on their mortgages will create more problems then anything, and they will lose hugely in giving mortgages because no one will end up purchasing a home at those rates. Most Russians can afford this thanks to most of them having a home already due to soviet era.  Back in the 80's here in Canada, most people didn't thus a lot of people had a home but no money for anything else.

As for Reuters article, they just made themselves look foolish.  First they said that it will have to drop 10% military spending, but this year, it will be higher than last year.  I am pretty certain that just went the opposite direction of where they were trying to go with in that article.  Add to the fact, they said there wont be a drop in military spending.  The economist is simply looking at how much money they have in their hand, and how much of it will be gone due to military spending.  But what he isn't looking at, is how many jobs that money in his hand is being created, how many companies will gain a profit, and how much of that money is going to come back in the form of taxation. But, you can just look up Reuters lies on google and see that they lie quite often.

As for raising taxes?  Sorry to say, but Russia's tax system is heavily under taxed compared to every other country.

Tax laws of Russia: http://www.worldwide-tax.com/russia/russia_tax.asp

Income tax of a none foreigner in Russia is 13%.  That is very low.  I am paying (myself) a rate of over 25% in income tax and I am not mr money bags.  It is the corporations and foreigners that get taxed semi-hefty.  I am not against this either.  But it isn't even the federal government that is heavily taxing the companies, but regional governments that are, as federal tax on profits of a company in Russia is 2% while regionals are higher (upwards to 18%).  Social security tax is placed on the Businesses.  Technically, Russian tax system is very good and should be the drive for any business to operate there.  Especially now where they are allowing new companies tax exemptions of up to 2-3 years, is the biggest one.

Here is what I think: The Russian government needs to set up their own bank.  A bank of Russia that isn't private or tied to IMF (IMF are the ones always talking about austerity and obviously trying the same thing in Ukraine).  But, a bank that is tied directly to the Russian market (so no foreign entities) and thus, only ties into the demands and needs of the country as a whole.  Use any excess money and what not, as a way to fund the bank.  The bank than should be able to set up loans and what not at rates of their own choosing's that has nothing to do with the Rubles value outside of the country, as it wouldn't work with outside entities.  So it would be able to give mortgage rates at 5% and business loans at same rate (remember, back in 2008/9, private entities like pawnshops were able to provide loans to businesses and such, at 5% interest rates, while the CBR was at 13% interest rates).

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Here is a breakdown from Finmarket for next year: http://www.finmarket.ru/main/article/3909521

Seems pretty....well, nothing to think of really. Refinance rates are at 8% and new ones are 17%. Deposit interests are higher though so a lot more money will end up in the banks and more people will have more profits from their deposits.

Taxation on dividends from 9% to 13% and a harsher penalty for companies not complying with the health law for their employees raised from 5K Rubles to 200K Rubles.

That is it.

During tough times, there needs to be some stuff to look at regarding the social spending. During tough times, a welfare state does not work.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:21 pm

kvs wrote:So Sberbank has raised its mortgage rate to 16%.   This proves to me that the whole CBR rate policy is absurd and undermines
    Russia's economy.   A rate of 16% has no relationship to reality.   The Russian inflation rate is not 16% and Russia is not even
    in a recession.  

Pretty much, it is pure greed. Although it will come to bite them back in the ass as no one will acquire such a mortgage. Chances are, other entities will start to provide mortgage loans at cheaper rates.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:29 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-02/us-debt-soars-100-billion-last-day-2014-hits-record-1814-trillion

Russia is doomed I tell you!

Note how the US sovereign debt keeps ramping up long after the 2008-9 crisis is over.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-04/u-s-deficit-decline-to-2-8-of-gdp-is-unprecedented-turn.html

Bloomberg is boasting how the US deficit fall to 2.8% of GDP is some spectacular achievement in 46 years.
    Meanwhile, Bloomberg, Reuters and the rest of the lying western media filth makes the small Russian deficit
    look like some epic failure. Russia's deficit is about 0.5% of the GDP. So what is wrong with Russia running
    a deficit over five times larger at 2.5% of the GDP? It is supposedly super duper in the case of the USA.

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:30 am

Still my favorite story remains how China got busted with 7.4% growth and faces default with 6% sovereign debt Shocked Laughing

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:35 am

Hannibal Barca wrote:Still my favorite story remains how China got busted with 7.4% growth and faces default with 6% sovereign debt Shocked Laughing

Yeah, I am quite saddened people actually fall for this stuff. I mean, China has growth and even heck, Russia has growth this year, but low growth compared to previously predicted is bad yet US grows but with a debt of over $18T and a deficit in the trillions, is considered good.

There is some real manipulation going on and it is blatantly sad. But it is even more sad average person falls for this. Which brings up the concept that common sense is an oxymoron.

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:45 am

United States is weak but with an absolutely mammoth brand name.
    Is just that maths reflex reality much faster than people's perspectives Wink
    In my profession I face this every day.

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:15 am

AlfaT8 wrote:
    Austin wrote:As oil falls, Russia choked by military, social spending
    Reuters, really!?  Suspect

Yes... what i though... lol

Why would anyone post Reuters.. is propaganda neocon media....
    Any media that comes from US or UK and France.. just avoid it as hell.. US and European media all stink.
    Guardian ,Associated Press ,france 24, Reuters ,BLoomerang , CNN.BBC etc. . Also VICE and YoungTurks.. Aljazeera too.
    more example of Pro NATO media. they not even post names in the article of who told what?  but "sources" "inside Russian Government"... just propaganda..

Just days ago.. i posted a report that Russia defense minister told.. the defense expending will increase
    by 20% in 2015 and by 40% in 2017..  Western propaganda is all aimed to provoke panic at any investors
    seeking to invest in Russia..  If you paint the picture of Russia as that will have no chance to survive and is a matter of months for that.. No investor will risk to invest in Russia.. is called  -> ECONOMIC media warfare.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:15 am

Both China and Russia have actual development and hence GDP growth room. The west is saturated and needs to
    create demand through cheap credit and consumer avarice. We can see how it is failing. I no longer take anything
    the NATO media spews seriously by default. Only after independent sources and my own thinking is involved can
    I promote some NATO media piece to the level of "worth my while". These days it is basically 99% trash.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:06 am

http://fortruss.blogspot.ca/2014/12/the-anti-russian-policies-of-eu-succeed.html

This is music to my ears. These rabid Russia hating chihuahuas should have been cut off 10 years ago. It is finally
    happening. Eat your own bile you hater turds.

flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  flamming_python on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:54 am

kvs wrote:http://fortruss.blogspot.ca/2014/12/the-anti-russian-policies-of-eu-succeed.html

This is music to my ears.   These rabid Russia hating chihuahuas should have been cut off 10 years ago.  It is finally
    happening.   Eat your own bile you hater turds.

I don't take any pleasure from seeing people's livelyhoods destroyed.

But yes there is absolutely no reason for Russia to give business to other countries when it has all the facilities and specialists necessary for these tasks on its own soil - especially if these countries are hostile.

Rmf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  Rmf on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:52 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    kvs wrote:http://fortruss.blogspot.ca/2014/12/the-anti-russian-policies-of-eu-succeed.html

This is music to my ears.   These rabid Russia hating chihuahuas should have been cut off 10 years ago.  It is finally
    happening.   Eat your own bile you hater turds.

I don't take any pleasure from seeing people's livelyhoods destroyed.

But yes there is absolutely no reason for Russia to give business to other countries when it has all the facilities and specialists necessary for these tasks on its own soil - especially if these countries are hostile.
    but it will bring jobs back to russia. good. everything that can be substituted without need for aditional investment should be done as soon as possible.
    also trade will be reduced so no reason for foreigners to have any piece of the pie.

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Now this news is really interesting..

Is on RT spanish (use google translator)..and if is true.. is indeed big good news for Russia..

http://actualidad.rt.com/actualidad/162182-putin-maestro-petroleo-rublo

the title of the article..
    The unexpected (chess) move of Russia with their energy shares, amazed the west.

The article claims Russia have stunned the west with what happened in December with the Ruble "collapse".
    Basically it says Russia fooled the west ,played the being very weak card to control the Ruble and allowed it
    to free fall to very low levels.. This provoked panic in American And Europeans energy business owning shares
    of Gazprom and Rossnet and they began to sell it all. Very Happy  their shares in Russia energy   And RUssia Gov bought it all back in minutes . In essence nationalizing almost all Rosfnet and taking major control of gazprom ,earning about $20 Billions in just minutes.   Smile  Russia took full control of their energy companies and now all the profits of companies like Rossnet will go almost all to Russia.  Smile

Is interesting this.. because the Ruble bounced back in just 26 hours.. about 26%.
    Now its appear to be stable under 60..  (58) at the moment. and the article claims the move have been
    the most impressive one since wallstreet was created.  The story actually make sense with what the central bank
    told when the Ruble was on 75.. the women who control the central bank, told and was published in RT in big letters that they "lost control of the ruble"  ,that don't know what else to do..and that people should just adapt to a new reality and give a chance to the substitution of domestic market. then after those words.. a day later.. BANG.. the ruble bounce back and is stable.   Very Happy   the Ruble recovered about 30% since dec 16.. and is showing signals of stability..

IT doesn't look to me.. is the most ideal thing to happen..to allow the RUble to fall so much..
    but seems like Russia managed to profit from it BIG TIME.. from that crisis.  

Now the vast majority of  the sales of Oil and Gas by Russia goes directly to the Russian government pockets.   Cool

The oil is low now.. yes.. but it will raise again. it will be IMPOSSIBLE for Oil to remain very cheap for long..
    Because it will destroy US and CANADA energy business too.. aside that the world population will only increase..
    same with the energy demands... so sooner or later the demand will significantly increase.. and in China numbers alone. they estimate their demand for energy will triple in just a decade. So even if energy is low..Russia can compensate that by selling a significant larger volume.   Cool    All said Russia have said that they will make profits even if oil sold at $30 per barrel.. and they are preparing the nation for such scenario..

But really ,cheap oil will not happen..for long.. i give it just one year at best. Saudi are losing huge profits ,and US energy companies and their fracking industry is collapsing. and their alternative business of green energy is also collapsing because of the cheap oil. Very Happy   So be ready.. because the real Story of what Obama kamikazi war on the ruble is yet to develop..  There are already Signals ,of things not going the way the west planned it..with their attack on the RUble and Oil prices.

This means that all Russia needs to do. is survive the oil prices for a year or two ..to win..(also stay away of any direct war with Ukraine) after that when Oil prices stabilize , Russia Gov will be making a LOT OF MONEY when the demands double and triple. and all that profits will go to new submarines and cool military hardware in Russia that everyone likes. pirat

par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  par far on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:06 pm

Russia got 30% of it's companies back and earned $20 Billion.

http://inserbia.info/today/2014/12/grandmaster-putin-russia-earns-20-bln-recovers-stocks-of-its-companies/

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:02 pm

http://www.rubaltic.ru/article/segodnya-v-pribaltike/24122014-khircha/

The Baltoids are freaks. The above specimen calls one of the Orthodox religious holidays as a
    reminder of the "Soviet occupation".

1) When people think occupation they think repression and abuse. The Baltics had the highest
    standard of living in the USSR. Nobody was waving machine guns in their faces. They were not
    afraid to let Russians know how much they did not like them when they came for tourist visits.

2) What does communism have to do with the Orthodox Church? Was Orthodoxy imposed on the
    Balti-tards? You can answer that question yourself. Clearly this specimen cannot engage in rational
    thought and can only wallow in hate.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:46 am

Baltoids? Who are You?
    First of all it's Latvian politician not all people. Are we all responsible for what she said? Same as Russians with their pantheon of idiots like Zhirnovski.. She is an idiot because:
    1. I still remember that Soviet union didn't EVEN have CHRISTMAS as an holiday. That's why we get presents at new year. Staroveri were even persecuted by commies and my grandmother had her Icons confiscated. Religious gatherings were spied upon and orthodox Russians were even bigger target than catholics.
    2. Women's day and May day are actual communist legacy and needs to be removed from holiday list as there are way too many holidays. Plus they are irrelevant.

Some people just like to stir shit up. My best bet she was a fanatical commie in her times now she is butthurt that her dream of becoming CP leader is gone. Haha. Our biggest russophobics were surprise surprise eager communists who suddenly had change of heart.

Still dogs bark and caravan keeps moving. Russian tourists are still visiting Baltics big times, no matter what idiot politics say.
    Our holiday resorts are mainly tailored for Russians. Especially the rich ones who don't care about ruble course.
    And about Baltics. Well there was guns being waved in front our noses. First dead person I seen was a woman crushed with tank next to TV tower in Vilnius. Things went ballistic all over Baltic's. There was threatening and terror tactics from Soviet union and then economical blockade. But it was worth it.
    Haha Baltic's being best place to live in USSR, well i remember these times and now it makes me laugh. it just shows how bad stagnation in USSR really was. Best living standard was in agrarian land where You had to wait hours in the que to get bread, meat and milk.  By all means negatives outweighted positives and almost all soviet block is happier being apart, but we tend not to see the positives we all have now. Russia especially as it found itself good at many things that Soviet Union wasn't. It wasn't black and white then too. I just wish that soviet legacy was kept when it comes to education or other things, but ex commie countries just destroyed even what was perfectly good.

And there was not much love for Russians who came from deep of nowhere and they thought they own everything and we should be grateful to them for everything.  You know similar to how USA tourists or soldiers act. Once I was told by American that we should be thankful for freedom he brought to us... Similar to Mi vam kukturu prinesli. Provokes same reaction.
    But was there any pogroms like in Kazachstan ? My childhood Russian friend was from there and his family had to run with first train with all their belongings as their house was burned. It was in late 80s!
    Why there is tons of russians living in baltics if people hated them? In reality there are so many mixed families, they are not living in the ghetto. Only old people tend not to learn local language and that pisses us off. How would You feel if I would only speak Latvian with everyone if I would be living in Moscow?

Our problem is that we are going past politics into ethnical confrontation like that Latvian cunt did. Just to widen the gap between people who live there.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:04 am

Interesting, word on the street is some of the capital/exchange control measures that are being applied towards Belarus, are the possible testing ground for what we might see in Russia soon enough.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:07 pm

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:07 pm