Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Economy General News: #3

    Share

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5681
    Points : 6087
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Austin on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:40 pm

    Viktor wrote:
    Austin wrote:Russia’s reserve fund may be used up in two years amid current negative tendencies

    http://en.itar-tass.com/economy/755188

    Russian international reserves are 700 bin $ (one of those fonds hold 90 bin$)

    If Russia would it could spend all 700 bin $ in one year and in that regard this article might as well be

    "Medvedev:Oh my God, Russia without money by the end of next year" Very Happy  but of course it makes no sence.

    China is largest USA creditor and now will be Russia creditor too instead of EU and USA. So thats all whats gona happen.


    I read the Russian National Welfare Fund & Reserve Fund are part of Forex , Is this true ? I thought they were not part of forex

    Last I saw Reserve Fund was $90 Billion and National WF was $83 billion

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:41 pm

    Viktor wrote:
    Austin wrote:Russia’s reserve fund may be used up in two years amid current negative tendencies

    http://en.itar-tass.com/economy/755188

    Russian international reserves are 700 bin $ (one of those fonds hold 90 bin$)

    If Russia would it could spend all 700 bin $ in one year and in that regard this article might as well be

    "Medvedev:Oh my God, Russia without money by the end of next year" Very Happy  but of course it makes no sence.

    China is largest USA creditor and now will be Russia creditor too instead of EU and USA. So thats all whats gona happen.


    Foreign reserves is around $450B now and additional reserves over $100B (different names). CB is using up some reserve funds to stabilize the Ruble. Thing is, there are so many different reserves it becomes complicated. I think the gov has various ones to hide it from CB whom is good at wrecking economy.

    Regardless, KVS is correct, its to help prop up from deficite, not oil supply money. That being said, economists proved they have really no idea what is going on but industries in Russia are improving and moving along nicely. Idiot as econ minister, Kudrin and CB woman cant even get their facts straight about capital outflow for christ sakes.

    Edit: read the article and she stated it is all hypothetical causw revenue from industry is increasing and add in import substitute, they should be fine.

    You guys did read the article, right?

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2543
    Points : 2676
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  kvs on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 pm

    sepheronx wrote:

    Foreign reserves is around $450B now and additional reserves over $100B (different names). CB is using up some reserve funds to stabilize the Ruble. Thing is, there are so many different reserves it becomes complicated. I think the gov has various ones to hide it from CB whom is good at wrecking economy.

    Regardless, KVS is correct, its to help prop up from deficite, not oil supply money. That being said, economists proved they have really no idea what is going on but industries in Russia are improving and moving along nicely. Idiot as econ minister, Kudrin and CB woman cant even get their facts straight about capital outflow for christ sakes.

    Edit: read the article and she stated it is all hypothetical causw revenue from industry is increasing and add in import substitute, they should be fine.

    You guys did read the article, right?

    I read it, but she should not make inflammatory statements about depleting the reserve fund. One thing that is good in the
    west is that politicians and industry heads and spokespeople keep the discussion tame when dealing with their national economies.
    In Russia, there is this aura of chicken little running around screaming that doom is nigh. This sort of edge to discussion of the
    Russian economy has not value aside from being detrimental.

    People should know by now that Putin knows his sh*t when it comes to steering Russia. That is why he is so popular.

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5630
    Points : 6283
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Viktor on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:19 pm

    This is MADNESS Very Happy  Very Happy  russia  russia

    230 billion deal in the pipeline !!!!!



    Russia And China Want To Build The Longest High-Speed Railway In The World To Connect Them



    China and Russia are considering building a high-speed rail line thousands of kilometres from Moscow to Beijing that would cut the journey time from six days on the celebrated Trans-Siberian to two, Chinese media reported Friday

    The project would cost more than $230 billion and be over 7,000 kilometres (4,350 miles) long, the Beijing Times reported -- more than three times the world's current longest high-speed line


    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:03 pm

    Viktor wrote:This is MADNESS Very Happy  Very Happy  russia  russia

    230 billion deal in the pipeline !!!!!



    Russia And China Want To Build The Longest High-Speed Railway In The World To Connect Them



    China and Russia are considering building a high-speed rail line thousands of kilometres from Moscow to Beijing that would cut the journey time from six days on the celebrated Trans-Siberian to two, Chinese media reported Friday

    The project would cost more than $230 billion and be over 7,000 kilometres (4,350 miles) long, the Beijing Times reported -- more than three times the world's current longest high-speed line


    Excellent, it's been rumored that they would create a high speed rail line but now it's official. I've counted $730 billion of foreign investment deals in to Russia from China in 2013-14 alone, but with this announcement that raises the total FDI deals from China to $960 billion, and the second LNG pipeline will likely bring that number well over a trillion Dollars. What's also rumored is that Russia and China may develop a joint aerospace defense network, similar to what Russia proposed with NATO with it's anti-Russian European Missile (Meat) Shield, which failed might I add. If Russia and China jointly develop a series of criss-crossing fast rail networks, than they can also create a underground aerospace defense network and use the construction as perfect cover
    to disguise it.

    ...But back to the economic question at hand. Now the question remains, can we really still trust Western ratings agency's? According to them Russia is losing blahblahblah amounts of FDI from capital outflow, meanwhile Russia nearly struck a trillion dollars of FDI deals with China, combined with the fact that those same ratings agency's played a pivotal role in causing the 2008 economic panic, I think it's time to stop paying attention to them all toghether! I also would like to hear sepheronx, and kvs chime in on this.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:09 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Viktor wrote:This is MADNESS Very Happy  Very Happy  russia  russia

    230 billion deal in the pipeline !!!!!



    Russia And China Want To Build The Longest High-Speed Railway In The World To Connect Them



    China and Russia are considering building a high-speed rail line thousands of kilometres from Moscow to Beijing that would cut the journey time from six days on the celebrated Trans-Siberian to two, Chinese media reported Friday

    The project would cost more than $230 billion and be over 7,000 kilometres (4,350 miles) long, the Beijing Times reported -- more than three times the world's current longest high-speed line


    Excellent, it's been rumored that they would create a high speed rail line but now it's official. I've counted $730 billion of foreign investment deals in to Russia from China in 2013-14 alone, but with this announcement that raises the total FDI deals from China to $960 billion, and the second LNG pipeline will likely bring that number well over a trillion Dollars. What's also rumored is that Russia and China may develop a joint aerospace defense network, similar to what Russia proposed with NATO with it's anti-Russian European Missile (Meat) Shield, which failed might I add. If Russia and China jointly develop a series of criss-crossing fast rail networks, than they can also create a underground aerospace defense network and use the construction as perfect cover
    to disguise it.

    ...But back to the economic question at hand. Now the question remains, can we really still trust Western ratings agency's? According to them Russia is losing blahblahblah amounts of FDI from capital outflow, meanwhile Russia nearly struck a trillion dollars of FDI deals with China, combined with the fact that those same ratings agency's played a pivotal role in causing the 2008 economic panic, I think it's time to stop paying attention to them all toghether! I also would like to hear sepheronx, and kvs chime in on this.

    Well, the railway plan isn't signed yet. But it will eventually, just like the second gas deal, the LNG deal and various others. Reason why is that eventually China will end up losing more and more of the Western European and US market and will rely on the asian, Eastern EU and Caucuses market, which in this case, Russia is very important for that type of trade. And thus, China will have to go through Russia. They know that once they have the Russian market, they will have a ton of influence on Russia and Russian allies which will be beneficial to its development (especially when Russia is looking towards Africa and Latin American economically). As for rating agencies, it was S&P who screwed up the eocnomic markets of the world in 2008. Rating agencies are pointless these days and it has been mentioned that any ratings being downgraded over Russia in the last month is purely political and nothing else.

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5681
    Points : 6087
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Austin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

    Exploration Germany: Russia can withstand years of Western sanctions


    MOSCOW, Oct. 20 - RIA Novosti. German intelligence service BND estimates that Russia will be able to resist Western sanctions for several years, according to Deutsche Welle , with reference to Bild am Sonntang.


    Thus, according to German intelligence, cash reserves in Russia are currently estimated at 619 billion dollars, which is 162% of the amount of public expenditure for the current year. This means that Russia could only live for these funds for 20 months.


    BND also believe that due to the low public debt (13%) and large cash reserves, Russia can withstand the effects of the sanctions without much harm to the economy of the country for four years.


    According to data of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on 1 October 2014 Russia's international reserves amounted to more than 454 billion dollars.



    http://ria.ru/world/20141020/1029188542.html

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:30 pm

    Russia can survive indefinately from western sanctions since it has a strong industrial base. Second to Germany.

    Actually, Russian industries are now seeing record profit thanks to these sanctions.

    Iran lasted years with sanctions on them, without a strong industrial base. Like mentioned above, tooling industry is now going to be developed.

    These groups are trying to make it sound like they are more important than they really are.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:34 pm

    http://en.itar-tass.com/world/755434

    So according to the Pollacks, EU will mot soften samctions against Russia till it "changes its stance". Whatever that means. The more they do this, especially when Russia agreed to all these demands, that they are nothing more than trying to pressure Russia to give up Crimea. What a joke. The EU knows that they are gonna lose out the Russian market in the end, and Russia will make it harder for EU to gain other markets, all the while Russia sets up its own currency borrowing system, and Russia will have more hostile policies towards EU. This also comes at a time where EU countries have major economic issues and adding in having to take care of the nations in EU whom are greatly underperforming, may not been best to piss off the people you rely sales on.

    It is easy for Poland to talk smack as they are a heavily underdeveloped country with only agri trade with Russia. But according to some people on zerohedge, there are companies and people in the more significant countries whom are major pissed at the governments for screwing up their business with Russia.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2543
    Points : 2676
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  kvs on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:49 am

    The EU is a one dog show:  http://bilbo.economicoutlook.net/blog/?p=29245



    Note the drop in German production this year.  That is thanks to the sanctions on Russia.  The idiots.


    Last edited by kvs on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected image tag)

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:56 am

    lol, moody's dropped Russia's rating thus lowering the Ruble value again. Once again, these credit agencies are pointless.

    Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2789
    Points : 2853
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Mike E on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:36 am

    sepheronx wrote:lol, moody's dropped Russia's rating thus lowering the Ruble value again.  Once again, these credit agencies are pointless.

    They may be worthless (more so when they are controlled by the US Gov.), but credit agencies have a lot of power within economic markets. As you said, Moody's made the Ruble drop (just a bit) despite their obvious idiocy. Just like how the retarded investment agencies have power over the stock market, all they have to say is (blank) and a (blank) income will result from it. The Market doesn't care if it is complete crap, all that matters is who says what! A great example, is AMD stock (which I owned for a couple years and sold last year)... They were (and are) completely undervalued by the market, not because of their businesses faults, but because the investment groups hated them. I remember one time Goldman dropped their rating to a sell and gave them an estimate of under $3 (they were $4+ at the time) and they dropped something like 50 points in two days. Of course they went back up but you get the idea. These agencies might be pointless (not to whomever runs them), but they still hold the cards as far as I'm concerned!

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5681
    Points : 6087
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Austin on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:47 am

    Check the Range of Cars , BUS , Truck , SUV Russia can produce Cool

    http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/53962/?pid=579941#comments

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:35 pm

    Mike E wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:lol, moody's dropped Russia's rating thus lowering the Ruble value again.  Once again, these credit agencies are pointless.

    They may be worthless (more so when they are controlled by the US Gov.), but credit agencies have a lot of power within economic markets. As you said, Moody's made the Ruble drop (just a bit) despite their obvious idiocy. Just like how the retarded investment agencies have power over the stock market, all they have to say is (blank) and a (blank) income will result from it. The Market doesn't care if it is complete crap, all that matters is who says what! A great example, is AMD stock (which I owned for a couple years and sold last year)... They were (and are) completely undervalued by the market, not because of their businesses faults, but because the investment groups hated them. I remember one time Goldman dropped their rating to a sell and gave them an estimate of under $3 (they were $4+ at the time) and they dropped something like 50 points in two days. Of course they went back up but you get the idea. These agencies might be pointless (not to whomever runs them), but they still hold the cards as far as I'm concerned!

    When it comes to dealing with the entities that these rating agencies deal with, of course they hold power. But if Russia ends up refusing to deal with them and sell by their own standards, the rating agencies can put Russia on any negative rating but wont mattet in the end anyway. We are starting to see this with trade amongst domestic currencies between Russia and China. If Russia pushes for this style trade between egypt and Russia or Venezuela and Russia, they can determin how they perceive each others currency. So far, specifically for industrial companies like defense and metallurgy, keeping the trade where they compare Ruble to USD because with lower value means it is cheaper for other countries. Becomes a problem for import companies and products that are not made at home.

    Still waiting for Chinese and BRICS rating agencies. Then the rating agency market will be chaotic.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:32 pm

    Looks like Viktor Orbán and the other Russia-friendly Hungarians are being attacked by the U.S., with the totally politicized corruption charges that are indirectly targeting Orbán:

    Hungary not investigating US corruption claims

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 pm

    US Cancels Visas for Hungarian Officials Over Corruption Allegations



    According to local media reports, the entry ban could target people associated with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban

    MOSCOW, October 18 (RIA Novosti) – The United States imposed sanctions against some Hungarian officials and businessmen over their alleged involvement in corruption, Deutsche Welle has reported, citing US charge d'affaires of the US Embassy in Budapest Andre Goodfriend.
    The diplomat did not name the corruption suspects, who were denied entry visas to the United States.

    According to the local media reports, the entry ban could target people associated with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban and be a response to Hungary's rapprochement with Russia.
    The United States and its allies have already imposed several rounds of economic sanctions against Russia, accusing it of supporting independence fighters in southeastern Ukraine.
    Earlier on Thursday, Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto said he sanctions imposed against Russia by the West are not helping in resolving the situation in Ukraine and are hurting the economies of EU member-states.

    Russian President Vladimir Putin repeatedly stated that Western sanctions undermine economic stability in the world and hurt not only the target country but also those using the measure.

    http://en.ria.ru/politics/20141018/194269985/US-Cancels-Visas-for-Hungarian-Officials-Over-Corruption.html

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Werewolf on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 pm

    Political blackmailing to change a more aggressive Anti russian stance nothing more.

    If those idiots would actually give a f*ck about corruption they would have starting to jail oligarchs in US like the banksters, majority of MIC that uses money for other purposes than intended, energy sector, pharma sector and the private owned prisons that are commiting tax evations, but no, they apply all legal and moral high ground they grant themselfs and use it on others and...USA main export hypocrisy and terrorism.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1957
    Points : 1964
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Regular on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 pm

    Austin wrote:Check the Range of Cars , BUS , Truck , SUV Russia can produce Cool

    http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/53962/?pid=579941#comments
    Cars, meh, really don't like the looks and don't trust quality. But trucks are amazing.. They look like more like American counterparts than European. And I think it's great and lately I was hearing good things about newer trucks:)

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Werewolf on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:56 pm

    Russian trucks never looked anywhere near to american trucks, they have their distingtive appereance that we got used to have on ZIL,GAZ,Ural and Kamaz.
    And i don't see the problem with the vehicles look good and from reviews like on the UAZ Patriot it got good quality like posted here before.

    Watched also some reviews on YT of Lada Granta and was positive and can uphold with VW Gold or Citroen or similiar class cars.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1957
    Points : 1964
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Regular on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:35 am

    I'm talking about new URAL trucks as seen in these pictures. URAL went for muscular front but still kept it's roots. Really like it. Nothing like this here in Europe. 

    And i don't see the problem with the vehicles look good and from reviews like on the UAZ Patriot it got good quality like posted here before.
    Not compared to todays SUV's. To Kia perhaps. But even Isuzu is miles away with it's Dmax.
    Look at UAZ engine options. One of them is made in Poland other one is Iveco engine. 
    14k euros for comfort with diesel engine... You can get Nissan X-Trail from 2013 for this...

    Watched also some reviews on YT of Lada Granta and was positive and can uphold with VW Gold or Citroen or similiar class cars.

    Do You mean VW Golf? And what Citroen are You talking about? C4? It's terrible car but it sure has better options.
    I would only compare this Granta with Dacia Logan. It's almost identical to this abortion on wheels.
    But how can You compare it to Golf? 




    To this






    Not to mention engine performance... Very Happy

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2543
    Points : 2676
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  kvs on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:19 am

    If only all these fecking car companies in the west and in Russia were serious about selling hybrid cars.
    Take a derivative of the VW diesel, use the hybrid electrical engine and "transmission" from the
    Honda Accord, include more battery capacity than the Accord and you can have car with ultra
    high fuel mileage and high performance to boot.

    Instead we have these companies acting like gasoline will stay cheap forever. And the styling of many
    vehicles these days is produced by brain damaged children.

    Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2789
    Points : 2853
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Mike E on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:52 am

    I have to agree with Regular. Russian cars aren't bad, but they need time to catch up to Western designs when it comes to quality, technology, value etc. 

    kvs - Hybrids aren't really the answer... EV's and H-cars (Hydrogen) are the best options in the foreseeable option, and they would allow gasoline-powered models to continue selling thanks to a reduced demand for Gasoline. Alternative designs, like compressed-air models, natural-gas options etc are also feasible and practical at that. I'd like to se gasoline-powered cars on sale for many decades to come, and new technologies will allow that.

    Watch these videos, despite their cheesy-factor, they go over some great ideas. Unfortunately this business went bust, but it will come back some day.



    Hopefully the Russian car industry adopts this technology sooner rather than later.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:00 am

    VW and BMW's are built like shit.  I know cause my family owned some.

    Add to that, how do you even.....know quality by a few screenshots?  Have any of you driven these Lada's?  I bet not and Granta has been selling very well, so that say something.  Might I suggest you guys stop talking about stuff you have no idea about?  I can tell from experience - German cars are no better than American made ones.  They are garbage.  Especially VW.  Built like crap and overpriced.  Asthetics and technology my ass.  What makes it so technological Mike?  A digital display?  I can tell you that I owned a Mercury Couger, 85 edition, with a digital displays.  So what?  My Dodge Journey has digital displays.  This technology isn't even advanced and is cheap shit if you ever worked on one, which I highly doubt you have judging by your stupid post.

    Also, if you idiots even decided to look at the price, you cant even compare the two.  I would choose a Granta over a Garbage Wagon that is 30K while the Granta is 9K.

    Edit: I wouldn't be such a dick if I haven't read some of the most retarded stuff I have ever did in this thread. I am no big time mechanic, but anyone even with a bit of knowledge knows that you cannot compare the two. One is meant for lower class, cheap alternative and the other is a massive waste of money with manufacturing on cheap chinese level. My boss got rid of his VW Golf for a Chevy Impala because it was garbage.

    My sisters Camero cost her over 40K and ooh wow, a heads up display with an archaic stereo system. Wow, so advanced.


    Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2543
    Points : 2676
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  kvs on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:04 am

    By EVs you mean plug-in electrics. There is an Accord plug-in version as well. The point is that the market is still
    dominated by simple gas burners and hybrids are boutique items. I guess when TSHTF we will all be walking and
    riding bicycles because there seems to be very little transition effort. It's ridiculous to burn fossil fuels like they will
    last forever. No there are not trillions of barrels in "shale oil" in the USA. The Bakken has nothing to do with shale
    kerogen deposits which no company has manged to convert to oil outside of the lab.

    Hybrids offer all the horsepower and acceleration from 0 to 60 mph that current consumers want and they burn half
    the fuel. The plug-in variants are even good enough to be able to commute to work on electricity alone. Too bad
    that composites such as those shown in the video you linked are still in the "sometime in the future" category. The
    industry is not in a hurry to market new technology and would rather milk 100 year old concepts.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2543
    Points : 2676
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  kvs on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:07 am

    sepheronx wrote:VW and BMW's are built like shit.  I know cause my family owned some.

    Add to that, how do you even.....know quality by a few screenshots?  Have any of you driven these Lada's?  I bet not and Granta has been selling very well, so that say something.  Might I suggest you guys stop talking about stuff you have no idea about?  I can tell from experience - German cars are no better than American made ones.  They are garbage.  Especially VW.  Built like crap and overpriced.  Asthetics and technology my ass.  What makes it so technological Mike?  A digital display?  I can tell you that I owned a Mercury Couger, 85 edition, with a digital displays.  So what?  My Dodge Journey has digital displays.  This technology isn't even advanced and is cheap shit if you ever worked on one, which I highly doubt you have judging by your stupid post.

    Also, if you idiots even decided to look at the price, you cant even compare the two.  I would choose a Granta over a Garbage Wagon that is 30K while the Granta is 9K.

    I can't comment on the current crop of Russian cars. But the VW quality is a function of your model selection. You have to
    pay for the higher end versions of the Jetta, etc., to get reasonable quality. The affordable prices for the low end versions
    of the Jetta are because it is of crap quality. VW is going to give German car manufacturing a bad name.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #3

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:14 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:14 am