When I write check , it means both neocons and putin have directly(or indirectly expressed the same views)
1. Hatred for enviromentalists - they're percieved propagandized to be subverters used by the enemy faction or communists to destroy thier(in thier eyes) great bastion of capitalism. Check(Reagan's anti-green propaganda in the 80s, today's russian arrests of greenpeace, russian weariness of everything that has "green" in its name)
2. Constant praise of the "good ol' days"- an imperialistic past they percieve as to have been the pinnacle of their countries, ideological, military and cultural history(guilded age, roaring 20s, 1950s for US neocons, late russian empire by putin), ignoring all possible flaws of said times. Check
3. Belief of communist "stab in the back" subversion by opposing imperialist faction to have caused of end of said "good ol' days". Check(praise that McCarthy's actions were necessary by US neocons, Claims that germans used Bolsheviks to defeat russia in WW1 by Putin)Check
4. "Spreading democracy"(or atleast thier kind of what they percieve as democracy) to save the world from communism, liberalism(or whatever other scapegoat) is one of the main purpose of life for member of the ideology. Check.
5. Many members of neocon ideology formerly expressed leftist views or were part of leftist organisations(many jewish and US neocons were formerly trotskyists, Putin formerly served the USSR)check
6. Claims that their nation is(or will be) the last bastion of of their religious conservative values and free market while the rest of world is savagely overrun by communism, gay rights, atheism, muslims(Or any other percieved enemy) i.e. They're (or their bloc is) the current "Free World". Check
7. Subtle expressions that their country has the one true religion, or is favored by god, while their enemies are cursed or have abandoned their religious morality in favor of leftist "decadence" (God bless america and the perception of europe about go communist during Reagans, The ideal of the russian bastion of orthodoxy). While I haven' seen Putin directly expressing these views, a great many of members and voters of United Russia hold this claim dear.
This what through(my anticapitalist) perception has managed to sum up after for quite some time of observing the behavior of United Russia. Of course that doesn't remove my great respect for Putin's foreign polcy and his fight for corruption, I'm just expressing some of my doubts that haven't been cleared up.
You're welcome to rationally explain or show evidence that Putin and United Russia don't hold these analogous views. Please don't make this into a "you're attacking russia thread" since, as I say again this is about a politicians views, not russia itself.