Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Great Patriotic War (USSR in World War II)

Cowboy's daughter
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Great Patriotic War (USSR in World War II)

Post  Cowboy's daughter on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:19 pm

It's like "American" is not my ethnicity. "American" is the country I'm a citizen of. that's all.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:28 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Your ethnicity is something but not jewish that is your religion.

I am free to hate all religions i like based on their supremacy garbage of "God chosen" and all "Goyims being subhuman", so do not confuse this like that is baseless or like it is an ethnicity because it is no ethnicity.

Jewish is both ethnicity, (dna), and religion. I have Jewish ethnicity (dna), but my religion is Christianity.

& yes, in this world, you are free to hate anyone you choose, but with all our choices come consequences, good or bad

Haha...jewish DNA, Jews are only a religious group there is no such thing as a DNA of jews. Real jews (hebrews) from semite regions share the same DNA as arabs because they are the same people, but today most jews are Khazars (caucasians).

Question, your eye color, hair color and skin color? To see how close you are to your "Hebrew" DNA?

Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:44 pm

Jews are genetically distinct from other ME populations. They are close but not the same. One of the most basic rules of population genetics is that two initially identical populations will always diverge if they're isolated from each other for a sufficient period of time - and Jews have had strict marriage rules for millenia. You must also consider the effects of genetic drift as Jewish population has historically been small with a rather limited gene pool.

Cowboy's daughter
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cowboy's daughter on Fri May 01, 2015 1:51 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Your ethnicity is something but not jewish that is your religion.

I am free to hate all religions i like based on their supremacy garbage of "God chosen" and all "Goyims being subhuman", so do not confuse this like that is baseless or like it is an ethnicity because it is no ethnicity.

Jewish is both ethnicity, (dna), and religion. I have Jewish ethnicity (dna), but my religion is Christianity.

& yes, in this world, you are free to hate anyone you choose, but with all our choices come consequences, good or bad

Haha...jewish DNA, Jews are only a religious group there is no such thing as a DNA of jews. Real jews (hebrews) from semite regions share the same DNA as arabs because they are the same people, but today most jews are Khazars (caucasians).

Question, your eye color, hair color and skin color? To see how close you are to your "Hebrew" DNA?

Respectfully, you're mistaken. but doubt you'll be convinced otherwise.

When a person's dna matches that of Jewish persons who have also had their dna tested.

My hair color is black. My eye color is hazel, and my skin color depends on if I have a tan or not. Skin color, and color of eyes, and even hair color will not  tell what a person's dna/ethnicity is. At least not in the USA.

My Jewish dna/ancestry probably comes out of Spain in the 15'th century.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri May 01, 2015 1:58 am

Spanish jewish DNA....well then i have atheist DNA.

Cowboy's daughter
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cowboy's daughter on Fri May 01, 2015 5:21 am

Werewolf wrote:Spanish jewish DNA....well then i have atheist DNA.

LOL, You're an atheist by choice. Very Happy
    We don't choose our ancestors.

Anyway, just watched Episode 1 of The Unknown War, with Bert Lancaster!!
    I never knew this existed until now, and have never seen any of it until now!
    It's amazing! I hope to order the docu. from Amazon!

Thank you George1 for posting The Unknown War videos!

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Fri May 01, 2015 12:27 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

Jew is a race. Judaism is a religion. Judaism is the national religion of the Jew but not all Jews follow Judaism.

And not all Jews are bad. There are good Jews and bad Jews. Amongst the bad Jews are Zionist a**hole.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri May 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

Wrong, you become religious by choice or it is forced upon you, but you are born as an atheist. It is religious nuts who indoctrinate little children in believing in something they can not even comprehent or research for themselfs.

Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Fri May 01, 2015 5:06 pm

People are born neither as atheists nor as believers. We're all born worldviewless

Giulio
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Giulio on Sat May 02, 2015 9:40 pm

Also if from the wrong side, my grandfather and my greatuncle were in CSIR (then ARMIR) in the Soviet Union 1941-1943. Both have returned alive, but after a lot of "adventures" and a pretty long walk.

HeNeArKrXeRn_
    Private
    Private

Fantastic Documentary about the Great Patriotic War

Post  HeNeArKrXeRn_ on Fri May 08, 2015 3:05 am

Soviet Storm: World War II — In The East by the talented people from Star Media studios

Total of 18 episodes

Episode 1:

Also the original version in Russian (I recommend this one if you understand the language)

I also recommend checking out the rest of their youtube channel. They have documentaries covering WW1, Napoleon's invasion of Russia, the history of the Romanov dynasty and many more. They all, IIRC, have English subtitles if not already dubbed like Soviet Storm.

AirCargo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  AirCargo on Mon May 11, 2015 1:03 am

Giulio wrote:Also if from the wrong side, my grandfather and my greatuncle were in CSIR (then ARMIR) in the Soviet Union 1941-1943. Both have returned alive, but after a lot of "adventures" and a pretty long walk.

A very long cold walk with many fewer man then when they started the retreat.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Mon May 11, 2015 12:03 pm

Yes, a very long cold walk, on which many did die and did not make it to the end.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Cowboy's daughter
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cowboy's daughter on Mon May 11, 2015 2:07 pm

akg images

Stalingrad photos here

http://www.akg-images.co.uk/C.aspx?VP3=SearchResult&VBID=2UMESQVDM1M1M&SMLS=1&RW=1366&RH=625

AirCargo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  AirCargo on Tue May 12, 2015 9:09 am

Using Google Earth many dugouts, trenches and fighting positions can still be seen at Stalingrad, especially in the ravines west and northwest of Gumrak and Pitomnik airfields.

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Tue May 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Very interesting new information about the controversial Molotov pact..
    between Germany and soviets.. of non aggression.

It shows how Stalin was forced into being neutral in the conflict at the start..
    because Britain and France but also Poland refused to create a join alliance with soviets
    against Germany.
     Very Happy

So literary Poland sabotage any efforts to avoid the war to start in Europe, by interfering
    with the request of soviets of creating a unified alliance between UK-France and Poland with Soviets..  Cool

And alliance that Only was accepted 2 years later after western Europe was invaded by Germany and they had no other choice but to accept deal a pact with the soviets that the western allies Poland ,UK and France did not liked any more NAzis.

The classified documents reveals

http://russia-insider.com/en/history/stalin-planned-send-million-troops-stop-hitler-if-britain-and-france-agreed-pact/ri6770

how Britain and France ,pressure checkoslovaquia to be friendly to Germany and give away its territories with german minorities inside. Of collaboration of the so called Good Allies in the west Allies with Nazi Germany,allowing its army to become bigger and to continue expanding its borders.. and blocking any Soviets offers of an unified alliance against Hitler early when they were weaker.

That shows Stalin that the west was not really interested to avoid a major war in Europe by containing Hitler and that the Soviets were alone on their own.. against Hitler..who wanted to defend Checoslovaquia..This naturally forced Stalin to be neutral and sign the non agression pact with Germany.. knowing they were alone and the west was not going to help.

http://russia-insider.com/en/history/stalin-planned-send-million-troops-stop-hitler-if-britain-and-france-agreed-pact/ri6770

For me it was clear that the so called allies in the west.. had other plans and they hoped to get
    Soviets and Germany in a fight and not them having to fight hitler.. Wink
    But stalin ,then saw the game.. and decided to sign a non agression pact.. with turned the focus of Hitler in Poland ,France and UK.. allowing Soviets to gain some time.. in a war they saw was coming against them sooner or later.

So you see today how the west talk so much about how evil was hitler and how they stopped him.. but what they will not say is how they helped ,contributed to create the conditions for the war start.. Specially Poland who provoked Germany into a fight.. (As Georgia did with Russia ,that provoked Russia into a fight in 2008 following orders of USA.. and as Ukraine are doing now to Russia ,provoking them into a fight with their ridiculous hostilities and repression ,and provovations against Russian people)  under the promise by UK and France that they help them.. which didn't happened..

If anyone goes to the conclusions ,that it looks as if history repeats again today, same "good guys" in the west but with a different enemy..,provoking a major war to weaken their major opposing competition.

Giulio
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Giulio on Tue May 12, 2015 11:53 pm

GarryB wrote:Yes, a very long cold walk, on which many did die and did not make it to the end.

Yes, about 50% died, or wounded or frozen. 230.000 left Italy, only 115.480 returned safely. The last 10.030 (missing in action) returned between 1946 and 1954. A lot of support from Ukrainian and Russian people ...
    My great uncle was captured by the Germans in Hungary and sent in Germany in war industries. After september 8, 1943, Italians treated as prisoners of subject countries, so work like slaves. The food was poor even for the Germans, for prisoners nothing at all ...
    My great uncle was released in Cottbus in 1945, saved by Siberian Soviet troops. He was 37 Kg and he had had several diseases, including hepatitis, malaria and typhoid. When he saw that the Siberians were coming, almost died of fear. He did not know that they could have almond eyes. The prisoners they thought they were going to die by some strange foreign SS unit, arrived to exterminate prisoners in order not to leave witnesses.
    But a Soviet Siberian soldier he pointed his machine gun and laughing said: "You! Are you bad people, or good people??? We will kill immediately all the bad people!". And my great uncle was free and safe. He was in the military service and far from his home eight years, since 1937, in Africa.

AirCargo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  AirCargo on Sat May 16, 2015 4:26 am

Vann7 wrote:Very interesting new information about the controversial Molotov pact..
    between Germany and soviets.. of non aggression.

It shows how Stalin was forced into being neutral in the conflict at the start..
    because Britain and France but also Poland refused to create a join alliance with soviets
    against Germany.   Very Happy

So literary Poland sabotage any efforts to avoid the war to start in Europe, by interfering
    with the request of soviets of creating a unified alliance between UK-France and Poland with Soviets..  Cool

Rolling Eyes Old news from 2008 by Lev Sotskov, the former SVR general and typical party line since WWII Vann.

Why Putin Treats Fantasy as History
    http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-05-11/why-putin-treats-fantasy-as-history

Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cyberspec on Sun May 17, 2015 11:24 am

AirCargo wrote:

Rolling Eyes  Old news from 2008 by Lev Sotskov, the former SVR general and typical party line since WWII Vann.

Why Putin Treats Fantasy as History
    http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-05-11/why-putin-treats-fantasy-as-history

Nope it's the opposite view that's fantasy and BS....even this anti-Putin drivel that you post as evidence indirectly supports the fact that a anti Nazi pact was being offered by the USSR

The Soviet narrative about the pact has been decisively proven wrong. Britain and France were unwilling to do a deal with Stalin in 1939, because he demanded passage through Poland for his troops. This would have amounted to Russian occupation, which the Western powers suspected to be Stalin's true goal. The secret Molotov-Ribbentrop protocol and its implementation validated those suspicions. The allies, of course, proved much more amenable to Stalin's expansionism once Hitler was nearly crushed, but their 1939 reservations were understandable, even in hindsight.

I suppose I don't have to get into the Spanish Civil War and who supported who and who fought against who directly, do I?

War between Russia and Germany was inevitable

DTA
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  DTA on Thu May 21, 2015 12:48 am

Great site with german documents in russian archives (site have 3 langs- german,russian and english )
    http://www.germandocsinrussia.org/ru/nodes/1-rossiysko-germanskiy-proekt-po-otsifrovke-trofeynyh-kollektsiy  

and i uploaded new great videos from russian state archive of kino and photo documents. A lot of footage i've never seen before

Жертвы войны /War victims (1945)  18+

Концлагерь /Concentration camp (1945)  18+

Освобождение Югославии/Liberation of Yugoslavia (1946)

Освобождение Северной Норвегии /Liberation of Northern Norway (1944)

Освобождение Польши/Liberation of Poland (1945)

Освобождение Румынии/Liberation of Romania (1944)

Освобождение Венгрии/Liberation of Hungary (1945)

Освобождение Чехословакии /Liberation of Czechoslovakia(1945)

Разгром немецких войск в Восточной Пруссии /The defeat of the German forces in East Prussia 1945

Освобождение Австрии/Liberation of Austria (1945)

Штурм Кенигсберга /Königsberg Offensive (1945 )

Ялтинская конференция /Yalta Conference (1945 )

Нюрнбергский процесс/Nuremberg Trials (1946)

AirCargo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  AirCargo on Thu May 21, 2015 5:59 am

Germany to compensate Soviet war prisoners

http://www.dw.de/germany-to-compensate-soviet-war-prisoners/a-18464392

AirCargo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  AirCargo on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:12 am

Very interesting visualization of WWII's human cost.

The Fallen of World War II
    An animated data-driven documentary about war and peace, The Fallen of World War II looks at the human cost of the second World War and sizes up the numbers to other wars in history, including trends in recent conflicts

https://vimeo.com/128373915

DTA
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  DTA on Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Trophies of the Great Battles (1943)
    exhibition

Verdict of the Nation (1943)
    first process over war criminals in Krasnodar

archangelski
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  archangelski on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:26 pm

DTA wrote:Trophies of the Great Battles (1943)
    exhibition

So much beautiful trophies and so few still visible (especially airplanes). cry

DTA
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  DTA on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:02 pm

archangelski wrote:
    DTA wrote:Trophies of the Great Battles (1943)
    exhibition

So much beautiful trophies and so few still visible (especially airplanes). cry

i think same, so many planes... I read that german transport planes used in Siberia and Far north. In documents He-111 made some flights to partizans during war.
    Only Kubinka saved tanks.

some photos

little exhibition in Tsagi

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:10 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:10 am