Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Share

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  max steel on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:00 pm

    Hannibal Barca wrote:A 5.1 earthquake translate to some megatons of yield, at least. So if the information is true, it was quite massive.

    Science Can Tell if North Korea’s Test Was Really an H-Bomb


    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3193
    Points : 3321
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:21 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:A 5.1 earthquake translate to some megatons of yield, at least. So if the information is true, it was quite massive.

    Na. 10 Kilotons its been calculated as, AFAIK. Making it a not-quite H-bomb; they're still missing something. Which is good, last thing anyone needs is these nutjobs with nuclear weapons. Hope China piles on the pressure.

    So far there are only two nutjobs with nukes. US and Israel, one has used it and the other constantly mentions to use it if their superiority is ever being touched. I am glad NK has nukes and i hope they get ballistic missile technology to actually be capable to deliver such nukes to US east coast that will make the country free from this illegal sanctions while the scum regime of Israel has never faced any sanctions despite having done billion times illegal actions aswell broke international law all North Korea couldn't do through its entire existence along with Korea before that.

    BTW, the USSR itself threatened to nuke Britain, France and Israel during the Suez Crisis, just so you know (albeit it was but a bluff)

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:41 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:A 5.1 earthquake translate to some megatons of yield, at least. So if the information is true, it was quite massive.

    Na. 10 Kilotons its been calculated as, AFAIK. Making it a not-quite H-bomb; they're still missing something. Which is good, last thing anyone needs is these nutjobs with nuclear weapons. Hope China piles on the pressure.

    So far there are only two nutjobs with nukes. US and Israel, one has used it and the other constantly mentions to use it if their superiority is ever being touched. I am glad NK has nukes and i hope they get ballistic missile technology to actually be capable to deliver such nukes to US east coast that will make the country free from this illegal sanctions while the scum regime of Israel has never faced any sanctions despite having done billion times illegal actions aswell broke international law all North Korea couldn't do through its entire existence along with Korea before that.

    BTW, the USSR itself threatened to nuke Britain, France and Israel during the Suez Crisis, just so you know (albeit it was but a bluff)

    The North Koreans never threatend to nuke anyone as a threat or aggression. The US constantly does and that is why North Korea reacted! They obtained nukes for self defense not to conquer or intimidate anyone for some expansionist ambitions. There is your difference, but unlike for many other countries when people talk about North Korea they complete lose their shit and forget that they have brains and you are one of them.

    North Koreans with nukes are much safer than any other country, yes russia included.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15490
    Points : 16197
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  GarryB on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:54 am

    Just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean the whole world isn't out to get you.

    I am sure the fact that NK is paranoid is not without valid reasons...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2130
    Points : 2245
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:34 am

    Werewolf wrote:The North Koreans never threatend to nuke anyone as a threat or aggression. The US constantly does and that is why North Korea reacted! They obtained nukes for self defense not to conquer or intimidate anyone for some expansionist ambitions.

    Correct me if I am wrong but the nuke of NK caused some shocks in the stock market and gold price. I heard that gold price rise and stock fall significantly.

    Some people claimed that the nuke is used to crush U.S. stock market and to send a message to the White House, that you cannot bully me.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:21 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:The North Koreans never threatend to nuke anyone as a threat or aggression. The US constantly does and that is why North Korea reacted! They obtained nukes for self defense not to conquer or intimidate anyone for some expansionist ambitions.

    Correct me if I am wrong but the nuke of NK caused some shocks in the stock market and gold price. I heard that gold price rise and stock fall significantly.

    Some people claimed that the nuke is used to crush U.S. stock market and to send a message to the White House, that you cannot bully me.

    What a huge pile of bullshit.

    How can a bomb from the smallest nuclear nation that is absolutley isolated from the market we are in have any affect on the market?


    I honestly believe that as soon as something is "reported" better to say lied about North Korea people turn into Ukrainians and just swollow the most retarded propaganda to envile, dehumanize and create a mantra prejudice against North Koreans who can not do anything good, not even neutral, everything is because they are evil to the core. The Anti-North Korea propaganda is on further stage than the russophobic propaganda, they at least can do something good due the lack of US brain.

    RedJasmin
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 32
    Points : 34
    Join date : 2015-06-10

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  RedJasmin on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:06 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    mack8 wrote:I can't but fully agree with Werewolf here. I'm dejected by the apparent russian and chinese reaction though, don't know if it's just for show or they mean it.

    Kinda both

    Anything that makes the scumbags in Washington sh*t their pants is good for Russia and China. As opposed to the painful list of victims of US imperialism, NK could really bite back even if that's the last thing they'll do.

    I suppose it might be good if it means that NK reduces their huge army and military spending and spends that money on economic development and raising living standards instead.. as they say they'll do. Time will tell.

    However, I just view it all as too risky, NK with nukes. It's proliferation and proliferation is never good - it would push neighbours into more armament and possibly their own nuclear capabilities (unlikely with the US presence, but who knows).
    Also, there's the possibility for nuclear brinkmanship and threats. NK is a real hard-liner - sure they may not be out to conquer anyone, but they're ridiculously paranoid and fiercely territorial, they view anything and everything the US/South Korea/Japan does as an affront, and always raise the military option and promise retaliation. Think of them as a cornered rat. They might not be the aggressor, or the instigator - but they are the most unpredictable. Russia has more political influence over Iran than China does over NK; despite the Chinese all but control their purse strings. One of these days this whole thing might escalate and if it does; I'd rather not that nukes come into the equation. Better that both sides keep to conventional arms in that case.

    I agree. The NK leadership feels threatened and cornered, and when you've got nukes to hand, that just isn't good for anyone. Also, I agree China doesn't have as much control over NK as the US and EU seem to think. The only real returns China gets on it's "investment" is 1) It stops NK completely imploding and leaving a gigantic mess on their doorstep, and 2) As long as NK is there, America isn't.

    If NK really had detonated an H-bomb right on China's border, I imagine they would have already gotten together with Russia and begun to reassess their options. There is a world of difference between having a schizophrenic neighbour with a few non-portable / proof-of-concept 10kt WW2 era A-bombs, and a Castle Bravo shit-storm.

    I doubt NK will wind back their regular military expenditure though. The conventional forces are hopelessly poorly equipped with obsolete and equipment and lack any chance for training due to supply shortages for exercises and paranoia about defectors. The end result is that the only real strength of such a force lies in sheer weight of numbers.

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  max steel on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:33 am

    Why do the North Koreans feel a bit hostile to The Empire?


    "The story dates to the early 1950s, when the U.S. Air Force, in response to the North Korean invasion that started the Korean War, bombed and napalmed cities, towns and villages across the North. It was mostly easy pickings for the Air Force, whose B-29s faced little or no opposition on many missions.

    The bombing was long, leisurely and merciless, even by the assessment of America’s own leaders. “Over a period of three years or so, we killed off — what — 20 percent of the population,” Air Force Gen. Curtis LeMay, head of the Strategic Air Command during the Korean War, told the Office of Air Force History in 1984. Dean Rusk, a supporter of the war and later secretary of state, said the United States bombed “everything that moved in North Korea, every brick standing on top of another.” After running low on urban targets, U.S. bombers destroyed hydroelectric and irrigation dams in the later stages of the war, flooding farmland and destroying crops.

    Although the ferocity of the bombing was criticized as racist and unjustified elsewhere in the world, it was never a big story back home. U.S. press coverage of the air war focused, instead, on “MiG alley,” a narrow patch of North Korea near the Chinese border. There, in the world’s first jet-powered aerial war, American fighter pilots competed against each other to shoot down five or more Soviet-made fighters and become “aces.” War reporters rarely mentioned civilian casualties from U.S. carpet-bombing. It is perhaps the most forgotten part of a forgotten war."




    Blue Beret UN-ified Command killed 40,000 leftists before the war started while the World was being told that they were UN peace-keepers - not even classified
    : https://www.dropbox.com/s/opz97y744zlanv2/ucp_2013.pdf?dl=0

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  Dima on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:53 pm

    DPR Korea's deterrence

    Aldin Abazović ‏@Ald_Aba Mar 9
    #NorthKorean miniaturized warhead design seems to fit on the KN-08 (Hwasong-13) road mobile ICBM.

    #NorthKorea claim this is latest #nuclear miniaturized warhead..


    Some more pics




    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  Dima on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:55 pm

    The Koreans have been showing good progress in the development of their long rangers, maybe some fund and field testing from Iran could help sort out any issues.
    Syria needs few dozen of these long-rangers to help the two 3rd rate $hitoles from the west and their big daddy, itching for a fight, to chill out.



    http://militaryrussia.ru/blog/topic-848.html

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  sepheronx on Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:44 pm

    Air Koryo gets Boeing 747-8 Laughing


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9457
    Points : 9949
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  George1 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:04 pm



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Sponsored content

    Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:22 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:22 pm