Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
lyle6
Airbornewolf
Erk
flamming_python
Odin of Ossetia
Arrow
caveat emptor
mnrck
SolidarityWithRussia
Mir
Cowboy's daughter
miketheterrible
Sujoy
The_Observer
The-thing-next-door
Begome
dino00
PeeD
LMFS
Isos
ahmedfire
slasher
southpark
d_taddei2
hoom
GunshipDemocracy
nomadski
auslander
archangelski
Russian Patriot
franco
JohninMK
George1
higurashihougi
Project Canada
wilhelm
TheArmenian
OminousSpudd
x_54_u43
Khepesh
PapaDragon
Kyo
Rodinazombie
sepheronx
Svyatoslavich
magnumcromagnon
mack8
Werewolf
max steel
Dima
Admin
jhelb
NickM
RTN
2SPOOKY4U
kvs
GarryB
Mike E
Morpheus Eberhardt
63 posters

Forum Technical Issues

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Forum Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty I think what this forum and many users could get a good use is a function of a "favorite" button for comments.

Post  Werewolf Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:57 pm

I think what this forum and many users could get a good use is a function of a "favorite" button for comments.

What i mean is the forum has many users which post quite informative stuff, but after a while when you would like to refer to something or recall something it is hard to find here with the bad search tool, which i tend to complain about alot. That favorite button could create for each user a list of lets say 100 favorite posts which are archived in users account, so they can access the specific, thread, page, user and the post whenever they want.

Why do i think it is a good idea? Well from time to time i have very little free time and someone posts a great info about some specific military hardware and links pdf, images, sources or other stuff that i feel important, want to safe or after some time want to access and completley forgot where that specific post is, burried under different threads, with lot of posts and off-topics without actual knowledge where to start looking for it.

I think such favorize system, that archives posts with direct links to the exact comments could be put to good use. Should be fairly easy to implement on this forum.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Forum Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Technical Issues

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Do you have suspicions?

About nobody specifically, I was just thinking about the potential existence of a weakness in the forum's "reward management" mechanism.

Garry,

When I originally answered your question, I was obviously trying to be relatively diplomatic with my answer. However, I think it is now appropriate for some investigation to be done by the forum moderators, as it is hard not to be suspicious about certain users with respect to the vote-rigging issue.

I suspect  there is circumstantial evidence that there are two different users who are possibly involved in using multiple accounts to illicitly inflate their reputations. One of these users is Militarov, who is also possibly involved in using multiple accounts to illicitly down-vote other members. The other suspicious user should remain nameless for now.

You may have noticed I have recently been trying to curtail Militarov's deleterious activities on this forum. Here are some data points that circumstantially corroborate my suspicions of this user with respect to possible vote-rigging activities.

1- The user joined the forum under his putative username only on the 3rd of September 2015 (only 50 days ago); since then he has received 41 up votes (!) and 17 down votes. Considering the mostly nonsensical nature of his posts (except possibly for the copy-n-past posts of run-of-the-mill images), and the stringency of this forum member’s in giving up-votes, 41 up-votes in such a short period of time is very suspicious and sound more like some kind of joke.

2- Over the last “couple” of days one of my posts, that reported negatively on this user, has received 3 votes, one up-vote and 2 down-votes! Two down-votes, of course, require two accounts. Of course, there is the possibility that the two accounts can really belong to two different individuals. The post I was referring to can be found at the following location.

https://www.russiadefence.net/t3916-forum-non-technical-issues#129097

3- During the days my posts were being down-voted, it seems that the user was not “detectibly” receiving any up-votes, possibly receiving none at all. Circumstantially not really surprising if the user required another account’s daily voting budget for down-voting my posts, e.g., as described above.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:38 am

Will talk to Vlad about this matter.

Smile

GarryB

Just a general warning... abuse of the voting system with multiple user accounts will likely result in some sort of banning action... so those doing it at the moment or thinking of doing it... stop or don't respectively.

You have been warned.
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Werewolf wrote:What i have found a little bit disadvantageous on this forum even tho it is russian military related is that there are no video linking option for vk and mail.ru videos.

Could you consider adding such function to this forum Vlad?

Would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Having trouble inserting RT vids too. RT is too relevant an information source for this to happen. Is there any way of solving this? Thks in advance thumbsup
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Speaking of videos, they do not show up on my Android tablet but videos on other forums do... would be nice if that got fixed if possible pleaseeeeeee!!! love
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:36 am

To embed video from RT it is just a case of right clicking on the video on the RT page and choosing to copy the embed code and then click on the youtube button and paste the embed code into the youtube box for url and it should appear in the reply...

this is a UAV video of a tango class SSK...

I believe most of the vids are in flash so try the flash option too.

to test whether it works or not choose preview instead of Send to ensure it works before posting.

Regarding playing vids in an android tablet, perhaps try a different web browser and/or make sure you have the correct plugins to play the respective media within your chosen browser.
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:47 am

GarryB wrote:To embed video from RT it is just a case of right clicking on the video on the RT page and choosing to copy the embed code and then click on the youtube button and paste the embed code into the youtube box for url and it should appear in the reply...

this is a UAV video of a tango class SSK...

I believe most of the vids are in flash so try the flash option too.

to test whether it works or not choose preview instead of Send to ensure it works before posting.

Regarding playing vids in an android tablet, perhaps try a different web browser and/or make sure you have the correct plugins to play the respective media within your chosen browser.

thumbsup Thks.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:28 am

Rodinazombie wrote:I have an issue, sometimes ill write a long message, and when it gets to pressing the send button, nothing happens. Its like the button doesnt exist even though i can see it. Any idea what thats all about? Its really annoying as its happened three times just tonight. Im using an ipad mini if thats any help...
    Likewise. This happens on some forums if you forget to click "remember me" box when logging on as otherwise you would get auto logged out after a certain time limit, but no "remember me" function here. When this happens to me, either, like you, nothing happens, or when I press send I get a message saying I am logged out and the comment dialogue box dissapears with all your work as well, not funny after writing a long post with links etc. I find the only solution is when writing long message to every so often copy and save just in case.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:38 am

I have occasionally had that problem too... with upgrades of firefox I have found that clicking on the back arrow of the page sometimes recovers the text I have written.

But while it frustrates me when it happens (doesn't happen that often now) I do find that my revised reply has a lot of waffle removed and I make my answers more concise and on topic.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:22 pm

"The status of Russian Economy and its perceived Oil dependency" and
    "Russia Faces Economy Trap as Oil Decline Looms, EBRD Says" threads became all "Russian Economy General News"

The reason was that most posts in these threads (85-90%) were of general type and not in oil and gas dependency of russian economy. So there was no reason for such threads anymore. In replacement i created a separate "Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News" topic where i transferred all the posts concerning oil and gas news from the threads above.

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:16 am

Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:44 pm

I have añother question which may be related to my previous one, when somone posts more than one youtube video, not all of them will play. Theres no response when i press the play button, its like im clicking on a picture. Maybe ditch safari?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:09 am

On pages where it does not work edit the page and look at the BBCode to make sure it doens't overlap or interfere with each entry.

Also make sure it is all intact... for every open tag make sure there is a close tag.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:27 am

Is my computer infected by a virus/malware, or has somebody just infected our forum ? Since there are 18+ ads appear on our forum.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/19/02/24/05/rds4x10.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/19/02/24/05/rds3x10.png

x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:32 am

higurashihougi wrote:Is my computer infected by a virus/malware, or has somebody just infected our forum ? Since there are 18+ ads appear on our forum.

More like you are not using adblock. Do you use Chrome? If so, get it here.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:45 am

x_54_u43 wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:Is my computer infected by a virus/malware, or has somebody just infected our forum ? Since there are 18+ ads appear on our forum.

I use FireFox.
    x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:01 pm

higurashihougi wrote:
    x_54_u43 wrote:

I use FireFox.

Then get it here
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:08 am

Should i create a separate thread for S-500? Idea Question Question
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:37 am

George1 wrote:Should i create a separate thread for S-500? Idea Question Question

Short answer: NO. There's not enough new information to warrant creating a separate thread.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:49 am

Some points for specialized threads

1. New Automatic ΑΑ 57mm gun development

2. S-300V Army SAM System (members let have this thread in mind because often discussion opened in the S-300/400/500 thread in Russian Air Force Section)
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:41 pm

Today i had a nasty problem with the Adroid trying to get to this forum and the Banner is connected with popup/virus when you click on it to redirect to the homepage. It warns the user with horribly google translated text like "If das Problem does nicht weg geht" and tries to intimidate the user with a fake "Download bar" that a virus is progressing so you have to click on a specific link to delete the virus, the link is the actual android virus.

If Vlad could check it out that there is a hidden malware/virus/add connected to the banner would be good to get rid of it. I know addblocks have been installed but it still has the banner connected to it. Would be nice if you could clean this site. Thanks in advance.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Did something happen to RMF today? For some reason I could not access the forum for half the day.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:17 pm

I see a few complaints about the banner ads.  I have no control over them nor do I make money from it.  Please use AdBlock on PC and Adguard apk for Android.  Both are free and make browsing an enjoyable experience on both platforms.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:38 pm

Vlad can u delete the spam topics in this section??
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:22 am

Done.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm