Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Share
    avatar
    Jelena

    Posts : 273
    Points : 405
    Join date : 2009-08-07

    Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Jelena on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:35 pm

    Serbia to Export Weapons to Iraq


    Serbia's state-owned Jugoimport SDPR defense company has signed a €70 million deal for the export of weapons and military equipment to Iraq, daily Blic reports Friday.

    Serbian Defense Minister Dragan Sutanovac revealed that the deal was agreed during a recent visit to Iraq by a ministry delegation.

    “This contract means job for all of [the] six Serbian military industry factories [which] employ around 6,000 people,” the daily quoted Sutanovac as saying.

    In late 2007, Jugoimport inked a deal with Iraq on the delivery of over €160 million worth of Serbian defence industry products.

    The newly-signed contract is the largest export arrangement that Serbia has concluded this year. The US-led international coalition in Iraq has given Baghdad permission to deal with Serbia.

    Blic says that talks are ongoing concerning the expansion of the arrangement and the contracting of Serbian construction companies in renovating several military bases and hospitals in Iraq.

    Sutanovac stressed that several other international contracts, involving Serbian construction firms, are expected to be concluded by year's end.

    The daily’s ministry source reveals that the new deals may be penned for work in Libya, Algeria, Egypt and Central African states.

    http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/main/news/21891/
    avatar
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2179
    Points : 3067
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Serbia will deliver weapons to Iraq worth $100 million

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:48 pm

    Serbia will deliver weapons to Iraq worth 100 million dollars
    02/09/2009

    MOSCOW, September 1. (ARMS-TASS). Serbia has signed an agreement with the Iraqi government worth 100 million dollars for the supply of arms to Sun that country, reports Business News.

    Details of the contract were not disclosed, but, as reported by the Belgrade newspaper "Blitz" Defense Minister Dragan Sutanovac, under the contract will involve all six of the Serbian defense companies, which will provide employment to 6 thousand workers.

    In early August, Dragan Sutanovac and Defense Minister Abdul Qader Jassim of Iraq in Baghdad signed an agreement on cooperation in defense sector, providing for the sale to Iraq of the Serbian military equipment as well as training Iraqi soldiers at the Military Academy in Belgrade.

    Total value of Serbia in the last year of contracts for the Iraqi Armed Forces weapons and equipment amounted to 235 million dollars. In particular, aircraft construction enterprise "Utva" (Pancevo) must put Iraq 20 light aircraft "Fins-95" in an armed version of the framework contract worth about 40 million dollars. The agreement includes an option to sell an additional 15 PTA. In addition, involve the supply of 17 thousand guns, mortars and assorted ammunition.

    High interest guidelines developed by the Iraqi Defense Ministry called the company "Yugoimport SDPR" bids "Lazar" wheel formula 8x8, capable of transporting 11 troops.

    In 2008, according to official figures, the Serbian defense industry had 4.5% of the total exports of Serbia, whose value amounted to about 10.5 billion dollars.

    Права на данный материал принадлежат АРМС-ТАСС
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10353
    Points : 10824
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  George1 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:31 pm

    Serbian Ministry of Defense announced the offer for sale of a large number of weapons, military equipment and ammunition.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1172072.html
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10353
    Points : 10824
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  George1 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:24 am

    Serbia plans to sell Pakistan 282 T-55


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2151
    Points : 2252
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  higurashihougi on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:52 am

    Dunno if anyone has posted it

    http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150710/1024464826.html

    Serbia Develops State-of-the-Art, Armata-Style Battle Tank

    Serbia has presented a concept of the М-20UP-1, the country's "tank of the future", at the Partner 2015 military exhibition in Belgrade. Designers said that they were inspired by the Russian-made Armata tank when developing the М-20UP-1, according to the Serbian news website Vecernje Novosti Online.

    The project cost of the production of one M-20UP-1 stands at five million euros.

    Goran Stojanovic, head of the working group to develop the tank, said that the М-20UP-1 will not compete with the Armata tank.

    "Our tank will be closer to the [Russian-made] T-90 tank in terms of combat capabilities. We are short of money, and our economic potential is not developed enough to let us compete with the Russians. But by using a design [resembling] those of advanced tanks across the world, we have developed the weapon of the future: cheap, modern and efficient," Stojanovic said.


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Guest on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:37 am

    higurashihougi wrote:Dunno if anyone has posted it

    http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150710/1024464826.html

    Serbia Develops State-of-the-Art, Armata-Style Battle Tank

    Serbia has presented a concept of the М-20UP-1, the country's "tank of the future", at the Partner 2015 military exhibition in Belgrade. Designers said that they were inspired by the Russian-made Armata tank when developing the М-20UP-1, according to the Serbian news website Vecernje Novosti Online.

    The project cost of the production of one M-20UP-1 stands at five million euros.

    Goran Stojanovic, head of the working group to develop the tank, said that the М-20UP-1 will not compete with the Armata tank.

    "Our tank will be closer to the [Russian-made] T-90 tank in terms of combat capabilities. We are short of money, and our economic potential is not developed enough to let us compete with the Russians. But by using a design [resembling] those of advanced tanks across the world, we have developed the weapon of the future: cheap, modern and efficient," Stojanovic said.

    Really interesting how similar it is to the design that speculated Armata design we saw leading up before the reveal. Did the Serbians build a completely new tank ground up or did they use existing systems?
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3228
    Points : 3334
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  flamming_python on Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:05 pm

    They've managed to knock-out a prototype of a tank with a crew armoured capsule and complete automation like the Armata; within barely a few months of the Armata being revealed?
    Gotta be some kind of record.

    Good to see that Serbia's tank-production technology hasn't decayed; actually I'm very impressed - they're far ahead of everyone else it seems.
    avatar
    Mike E

    Posts : 2760
    Points : 2806
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Mike E on Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:42 pm

    Ivan the Colorado wrote:Really interesting how similar it is to the design that speculated Armata design we saw leading up before the reveal. Did the Serbians build a completely new tank ground up or did they use existing systems?
    From what I know, the chassis is an extended version of the M-90 Vihor's and the gun will be 2A46-based.

    It seems like most everything is an upgrade of equipment Serbia has used on tanks... My question is how well the FCS will perform. 

    Their predicted specifications were not all that impressive.
    avatar
    Book.

    Posts : 699
    Points : 760
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Book. on Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:07 pm

    flamming_python wrote:They've managed to knock-out a prototype of a tank with a crew armoured capsule and complete automation like the Armata; within barely a few months of the Armata being revealed?
    Gotta be some kind of record.

    Good to see that Serbia's tank-production technology hasn't decayed; actually I'm very impressed - they're far ahead of everyone else it seems.

    Serbia still rely Ru tech

    I think good help ally

    M20 armata cheers

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t4158p60-general-main-battle-tank-technology-thread#107921

    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 1943
    Points : 2108
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:02 pm

    We've got a thread about Serbian military and it seems there are several threads discussing the same theme....maybe the mods should put it all together
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16375
    Points : 16990
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  GarryB on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:07 pm

    I might leave things where they are for the moment...

    On this thread please keep the talk of the Serbian tank armata related, and on the serbian thread serbia related... Smile


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5287
    Points : 5393
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:20 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:Dunno if anyone has posted it

    http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150710/1024464826.html

    Serbia Develops State-of-the-Art, Armata-Style Battle Tank

    Serbia has presented a concept of the М-20UP-1, the country's "tank of the future", at the Partner 2015 military exhibition in Belgrade. Designers said that they were inspired by the Russian-made Armata tank when developing the М-20UP-1, according to the Serbian news website Vecernje Novosti Online.

    The project cost of the production of one M-20UP-1 stands at five million euros.

    Goran Stojanovic, head of the working group to develop the tank, said that the М-20UP-1 will not compete with the Armata tank.

    "Our tank will be closer to the [Russian-made] T-90 tank in terms of combat capabilities. We are short of money, and our economic potential is not developed enough to let us compete with the Russians. But by using a design [resembling] those of advanced tanks across the world, we have developed the weapon of the future: cheap, modern and efficient," Stojanovic said.


    From what I can tell turret will be easiest part because it looks like it is comprised of components that are already available. Some in prototype form, others as off the shelf products.

    Rest of it might be trickier but it is doable. Main difficulty will be getting douchebags in MoD to sign orders. Our defence firms have loads of stuff ready to go: new MRLS, MRAPs, MANPADS, ATGMs, drones,SAMs... list goes on.

    Tech is not the problem, getting politicians to shell out the cash is angry

    I would love to see this project taking off. It will never be near Armata but it is not supposed to. It will be more than good enough for Serbia and other countries in our weight class.

    Our guys are long overdue for some shopping and they definitely deserve this new hog. thumbsup
    avatar
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1363
    Points : 1364
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  AlfaT8 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:51 am

    PapaDragon wrote:From what I can tell turret will be easiest part because it looks like it is comprised of components that are already available. Some in prototype form, others as off the shelf products.

    Rest of it might be trickier but it is doable. Main difficulty will be getting douchebags in MoD to sign orders. Our defence firms have loads of stuff ready to go: new MRLS, MRAPs, MANPADS, ATGMs, drones,SAMs... list goes on.

    Tech is not the problem, getting politicians to shell out the cash is angry

    I would love to see this project taking off. It will never be near Armata but it is not supposed to. It will be more than good enough for Serbia and other countries in our weight class.

    Our guys are long overdue for some shopping and they definitely deserve this new hog. thumbsup
    Ooh PD, don't you get it, it doesn't matter how many top of the line great quality weapons these Serbian defence firms shell out, in the end there politicians will never buy, they are simply waiting for these firms to collapse so they can allow there EU/U.S overlords to buy them of, and then say we have to join NATO/EU look at how broken our industry is. Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Ranxerox71

    Posts : 16
    Points : 21
    Join date : 2015-04-25
    Age : 47
    Location : Ex YU

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Ranxerox71 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:11 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:Dunno if anyone has posted it

    http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150710/1024464826.html

    Serbia Develops State-of-the-Art, Armata-Style Battle Tank

    Serbia has presented a concept of the М-20UP-1, the country's "tank of the future", at the Partner 2015 military exhibition in Belgrade. Designers said that they were inspired by the Russian-made Armata tank when developing the М-20UP-1, according to the Serbian news website Vecernje Novosti Online.

    The project cost of the production of one M-20UP-1 stands at five million euros.

    Goran Stojanovic, head of the working group to develop the tank, said that the М-20UP-1 will not compete with the Armata tank.

    "Our tank will be closer to the [Russian-made] T-90 tank in terms of combat capabilities. We are short of money, and our economic potential is not developed enough to let us compete with the Russians. But by using a design [resembling] those of advanced tanks across the world, we have developed the weapon of the future: cheap, modern and efficient," Stojanovic said.


    From what I can tell turret will be easiest part because it looks like it is comprised of components that are already available. Some in prototype form, others as off the shelf products.

    Rest of it might be trickier but it is doable. Main difficulty will be getting douchebags in MoD to sign orders. Our defence firms have loads of stuff ready to go: new MRLS, MRAPs, MANPADS, ATGMs, drones,SAMs... list goes on.

    Tech is not the problem, getting politicians to shell out the cash is angry

    I would love to see this project taking off. It will never be near Armata but it is not supposed to. It will be more than good enough for Serbia and other countries in our weight class.

    Our guys are long overdue for some shopping and they definitely deserve this new hog. thumbsup

    That what is represented like NEW SERBIAN TANK exist only in the mind and drawing tables of some too enthusiastic, disconnected whit economic reality persone in serbia:face: , and many other things ...to be funniest lesser problem of all other is good engineers and extremely good practician which will be capable to make everything , but Facillity , Tools , Money and more less, except Meteo sensor and few others, like is modern (SUV) or Sight-Vision-System for Fire(shooting) Control ;from various type of visions, to the systems like is Hunter _killer , then APS, etc, actually all highly sophisticated Sensors,For example for some kind of APS, APS it self, Sight-Vision-Shooting management system also if not whole, then some of main parts also must be imported, which by default is unsustainable dependence when comes to the importance of weapon system like is MBT. which altogether means, Even that Money will appear, and if Serbian engineers wish to made 99% Serbian , Highly modern and war worthy weapon systems in shape of MBT, that process will be last at list 4 years for first "self propelled" prototype. Only in case of making some kind cooperation whit Croatia and Slovenia, today can be possible to made something which would not be just another modernisation of T72, Croatian also isn't capable to made serial production of brand new from scratch making MBT,Neither Slovenia, Together will be possible.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5287
    Points : 5393
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    serbia armata

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:20 pm

    [quote="Ranxerox71"]
    PapaDragon wrote:...................................

    That  what is represented like NEW SERBIAN TANK exist only in the mind and drawing tables of some too enthusiastic, disconnected whit economic reality persone in serbia:face: , and many other things ...to be funniest lesser problem of all other is good engineers and extremely good practician  which will be capable to make everything , but Facillity , Tools , Money and more less, except Meteo sensor and few others, like is modern (SUV) or Sight-Vision-System for Fire(shooting) Control ;from various type of visions, to the systems like is Hunter _killer , then APS, etc, actually all highly sophisticated Sensors,For example for some kind of APS, APS it self, Sight-Vision-Shooting management system also if not whole, then some of main parts also must be imported, which by default is unsustainable dependence when comes to the importance of weapon system like is MBT. which altogether means, Even that Money will appear, and if Serbian engineers wish to made 99% Serbian , Highly modern and war worthy weapon systems in shape of MBT, that process will be last at list 4 years for first "self propelled" prototype. Only in case of making some kind cooperation whit Croatia and Slovenia, today can be possible to made something which would not be just another modernisation of T72, Croatian also isn't capable to made serial production of brand new from scratch making MBT,Neither Slovenia, Together will be possible.    

    I am fully aware of everything you just said. Don't kill the messenger...
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5537
    Points : 5578
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Militarov on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:49 am

    George1 wrote:Serbian Ministry of Defense announced the offer for sale of a large number of weapons, military equipment and ammunition.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1172072.html

    Some pics of...."equipment" that is part of that whole batch. Not all of it is in this horrid condition but...

















    And some video:



    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10353
    Points : 10824
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  George1 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:55 am

    from the photos i doubt that they will find any clients.. Smile


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2179
    Points : 3067
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:47 am

    They couldn't be bothered to warehouse it...


    _________________
    The true value of life knows only the paratrooper. For he is more likely to look death in the eye.  -- Vasily Margelov
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5537
    Points : 5578
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Militarov on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:11 am

    Vladimir79 wrote:They couldn't be bothered to warehouse it...

    There are many items in alot better condition than those you can see here:









    However reality is that alot of equipment lacked good storage facilities due to bombing in 1999. and that Serbia pulled alot of equipment from Croatia and Bosnia which overcrowded existing facilities on Serbian soil. So we got stuff like this happening:











    Last couple of years situation got better, they built few new storage facilities, and destroyed older obsolete ammunition but i belive still plenty of decommisioned vehicles and equipment sets are rotting like this on some random field. Thanks God at least explosives are not just laying around.

    Few pics of new or repaired storage facilities under command of Central Logistic Base:







    Biggest issue with Serbian Armed Forces is lack of money, huge lack of money actually.


    Last edited by Militarov on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:35 am

    Maybe so, but as Shoigu had done to Emercom, as long as there is a will, there is a way even with a small budget.

    That said, Serbia has a F ton of weapons still left over.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5537
    Points : 5578
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Militarov on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:21 am

    Serbian heavy anti-material sniper rifle M93 "Crna Strela" (Black Arrow) has been "exported" in certain quantities to Peshmerga, apparently it looks like it was done via legit sources (NATO requested?):

















    More about rifle itself: http://www.zastava-arms.rs/en/militaryproduct/long-range-rifle-m93-black-arrow
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5537
    Points : 5578
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Militarov on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:44 am

    http://www.partner.mod.gov.rs/partner2015.pdf

    Partner 2015. Arms Expo promo material.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5537
    Points : 5578
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Militarov on Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:42 am



    Lazar 2 MRAP/MRAV Hybrid armored vehicle.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5537
    Points : 5578
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Militarov on Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:45 am



    Serbian Nora B52K1 155mm howtizer.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10353
    Points : 10824
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  George1 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:10 am

    there was a 8x8 APC/MRAP vechile. What happened to this? Isnt serbian army interested?


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Sponsored content

    Re: Serbian Defence Industry and Arms Exports

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 pm