Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russia's response to NATO ΑΒΜ Shield in Europe

OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

Re: Russia's response to NATO ΑΒΜ Shield in Europe

Post  OminousSpudd on Thu May 12, 2016 8:40 pm

sepheronx wrote:I got a good idea: why not leave start, but don't say anything? The US openly lies regarding placement of systems and missiles while violating imf treaty, so why not violate both as well and just lie like US. They will complain but they already do. At least America won't know what Russia has/building so can't counter it. Russia is too honest imo. Build ground launch Kalibr missiles with a larger fuel tank and the newer fuel so it can reach from Eastern Russia to US coast, and deeper inside Russia to Romania and Poland.
    Agree.

I suppose Russians will always act with a degree of naivety when it comes to dealing with the West, it's just the way they are. The collapse of the Soviet Union demonstrated this naivety to disastrous effect. Sadly, being honest and fighting the good fight only works if people can see it; MSM makes sure the majority of us don't.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Thu May 12, 2016 9:28 pm

Or they leave the pandora's box closed because Putin can't be president for ever and i doubt the next one will be set in stone to be a patriot.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu May 12, 2016 9:50 pm

He won't be president forever but there was a good article on South front about the rise of ONR, or in other words the nationalists. If you take a gander on who is popular or not, not a single one of the liberals is popular. The other guys (LDPR) can be quite scary. You of all people should know that the none patriotic Russians are pretty much pariah.

The transition of Putin to the new guy will be controlled imo. So we will get someone similar or tougher. As that is what is popular.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu May 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Call me dumb, but i would like Natalia Poklonskaya to be president, somehow she is intimidating in..weird freaky way.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Thu May 12, 2016 10:21 pm

The scariest part would be if Zhirnovsky or one of his stooges gets president based on his "patriotism" which he loudly claims to have. One of the worst, would lick US ass in a second after being elected.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu May 12, 2016 10:28 pm

The Communist? Nah, he is right now riding the ultra Patriot ride that if he did lick us butt, the countrymen would BBQ his fat arse.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Thu May 12, 2016 11:13 pm

sepheronx wrote:The Communist? Nah, he is right now riding the ultra Patriot ride that if he did lick us butt, the countrymen would BBQ his fat arse.

He means the LDPR leader. The court jester. I don't the LDPR will ever form the government. The problem with the KPRF (Communists) is that
    Zyuganov never properly reformed the party and made it democratic with fresh ideas. Instead he followed the obsolete dictatorial model and made
    himself its leader for life and suppressed any challengers. If the KPRF had reformed itself there would now be two major parties in Russia instead
    of one, namely United Russia. Thanks for nothing, Zyuganov, you retarded old meat.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu May 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Maybe fresh new person will take over. That old man looks like he is at deaths door.

Maybe the LDPR act nationalistic (ultra nationalist as I do like many of the bills they propose) but I don't know enough about them. The liberals are almost nothing (3%) so yeah, United Russia it seems will be rulers for next while. Not huge fan about that really and I don't trust half the party members. I see at least some newer parties Right cause party. And PVO.

victor1985
    Major
    Major

Post  victor1985 on Fri May 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Werewolf wrote:Or they leave the pandora's box closed because Putin can't be president for ever and i doubt the next one will be set in stone to be a patriot.
    putin can choose a next candidate for the presidency who is aproximately like him. a ex fsb agent. they have the balls to stay in usa's face .....

victor1985
    Major
    Major

Post  victor1985 on Fri May 13, 2016 7:03 pm

about the misile shield. here in romania is said that russia isn't prepared to take a arms race with usa. and a race would cost alot russia because of the difference in gdp. because russia (they clame) doesnt have a diversificated civil economy so they cant have the money to build those weapons.
    in my opinion as long as money flew from russia that is bad. printing money to be a solution?

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Fri May 13, 2016 7:14 pm

victor1985 wrote:about the misile shield. here in romania is said that russia isn't prepared to take a arms race with usa. and a race would cost alot russia because of the difference in gdp. because russia (they clame) doesnt have a diversificated civil economy so they cant have the money to build those weapons.
    in my opinion as long as money flew from russia that is bad. printing money to be a solution?

Printing money causes inflation pwnd

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri May 13, 2016 7:14 pm

victor1985 wrote:about the misile shield. here in romania is said that russia isn't prepared to take a arms race with usa. and a race would cost alot russia because of the difference in gdp. because russia (they clame) doesnt have a diversificated civil economy so they cant have the money to build those weapons.
    No.  And those Romanians are not sure what they are talking about either.  1) GDP has little to do with it. 2)Russian goods are much cheaper so with less money, more can actually be purchased. 3)US cannot afford an Arms race either.  Just printing money isn't a form of a real economy and sure sounds like your fellow Romanians have very little knowledge on economy.

There are a lot more factors I could go into, but don't really feel like it.  All in all, Russia can easily afford various types of missiles to easily deal with these systems - since they already have the weapons available (Cruise missiles like Kalibr, Iskander, Kh-101, etc.)

victor1985
    Major
    Major

Post  victor1985 on Fri May 13, 2016 8:55 pm

Militarov wrote:

as long as it's a low inflation that is not so bad. but contrary being in the market new money that would make another relation between price and work .....

victor1985
    Major
    Major

Post  victor1985 on Fri May 13, 2016 8:57 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    No.  And those Romanians are not sure what they are talking about either.  1) GDP has little to do with it. 2)Russian goods are much cheaper so with less money, more can actually be purchased. 3)US cannot afford an Arms race either.  Just printing money isn't a form of a real economy and sure sounds like your fellow Romanians have very little knowledge on economy.

There are a lot more factors I could go into, but don't really feel like it.  All in all, Russia can easily afford various types of missiles to easily deal with these systems - since they already have the weapons available (Cruise missiles like Kalibr, Iskander, Kh-101, etc.)

2) that would mean that more you buy would mean less money that the usa counterpart for the producer .....

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Fri May 13, 2016 9:01 pm

victor1985 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

as long as it's a low inflation that is not so bad. but contrary being in the market new money that would make another relation between price and work .....

But Russia already has higher inflation that they would like, below 5% inflation is considered as "healthy". And at certain points Russia reached even almost 20%, printing additional money without "cover" would just make things worse.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri May 13, 2016 9:04 pm

victor1985 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

2) that would mean that more you buy would mean less money that the usa counterpart for the producer .....

English please.

Russia gets more bang for its buck. Cruise missiles are relatively cheap compared to what they used to be, and are more readily available. A stationary defense system such as this ABM would be a far easier target than a mobile system. The Launchers are blind without its method of tracking the missiles or air assets, and the radar stations would be the first to go. No stationary or mobile is 100% effective, even FAR less so when salvo strikes. Which would be cheaper than the setup of this station. Couple million vs tens of millions.

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Fri May 13, 2016 9:11 pm

victor1985
    Major
    Major

Post  victor1985 on Sat May 14, 2016 7:06 am

Militarov wrote:
    victor1985 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

But Russia already has higher inflation that they would like, below 5% inflation is considered as "healthy". And at certain points Russia reached even almost 20%, printing additional money without "cover" would just make things worse.
    you see .....normally the market would try to restore the equilibrium ...but is the unemployement problem who makes the things worse ....fix that and youre done

victor1985
    Major
    Major

Post  victor1985 on Sat May 14, 2016 7:13 am

sepheronx wrote:
    victor1985 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

English please.

Russia gets more bang for its buck.  Cruise missiles are relatively cheap compared to what they used to be, and are more readily available.  A stationary defense system such as this ABM would be a far easier target than a mobile system.  The Launchers are blind without its method of tracking the missiles or air assets, and the radar stations would be the first to go.  No stationary or mobile is 100% effective, even FAR less so when salvo strikes.  Which would be cheaper than the setup of this station.  Couple million vs tens of millions.
    that would depend on who shoot first. thinking at the both sides they both have radars and missiles. who shoot first with no warning has the advantage because he is not suppose to be the one that receive a warning from the eyes about the missiles who are coming. far to this point is about the less minutes capability to launch a response....in case you can fastly respond the enmy would not risk a total mutual anihilation. even if usa has hypersonic missiles ..... they miss too because of the errors....so 20 nukes in the head of europe doesnt sound so good. not to mention that at close speeds between missiles a intercept point is hard to calculate. make that calculation be a nightmare and youre done....no ABM or cruise missiles defense shield can resist.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon May 16, 2016 2:56 pm

http://sputniknews.com/military/20160516/1039683754/us-missile-defense-europe-russian-response.html?utm_source=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F0uv3AYwKF2&utm_medium=short_url&utm_content=bquH&utm_campaign=URL_shortening

So the expert is proposing what I was saying quite INF and build ground based launcher systems for long range cruise missiles.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Mon May 16, 2016 4:25 pm

very interesting view of General Designer of MIT

General designer MIT: US missile defense system can be converted to lock the Nuclear Forces

http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160516/1434290900.html

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon May 16, 2016 4:34 pm

I think he is referring to tomahawk with nuclear tipped, which he is very correct on. So moving EW and missile systems and AD assets is ideal.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Mon May 16, 2016 4:39 pm

I wonder if moving towards Launch on Warning LOW policy would be good option along with FOBS in the future ?

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon May 16, 2016 4:42 pm

As scary as that is, it may have to be. Good thing that tomahawk is subsonic, or it would be even more a threat.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Mon May 16, 2016 4:47 pm

sepheronx wrote:As scary as that is, it may have to be. Good thing that tomahawk is subsonic, or it would be even more a threat.

My suggestion would be scrap out of INF Treaty , Move Towards LOW Policy and Deploy Tactical Nukes on Kalingrad , Forward deploy Borei SSBN , May be scrapping new start is not a bad idea its a useless treaty any ways

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:06 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:06 am