Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Share

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:34 am

    DIC develops secure hardware-based "Elbrus-8C"

    yaaaaah!

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:21 pm

    The microcomputer developed in Russia

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3793
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:35 am


    New Baikal based PC:

    http://www.sdelanounas.ru/blogs/74637/


    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3232
    Points : 3356
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  Vann7 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:00 pm

    Kimppis wrote:It seems that Russia isn't doing too well in supercomputers:

    http://www.unz.com/akarlin/moores-law-for-supercomputers/

    Any future plans? Are they only using domestic chips or why do they rank so low? Isn't that a major issue?

    First and foremost..

    The term "Super computer" is very misleading. It can mean anything .Many of those servers use hardware a decade old..the magic of the "super thing" comes by spending millions dollars in buying thousands of computers and organizing them in a network ,to work as a team. can you imagine a computer how obsolete becomes after 10 years?  All those servers contest about who is the faster is just a benchmark of the speed of a combination of many hundreds or thousands of computers together calculating a mathematical operation. And the speed at which those "super computers" , that will be better called Super networks. Is highly dependent on how much money you invest on it.

    Means that if Russia wanted in this year to take the #1 position.. all they need to create a network bigger than the one China have..spend more money than them and configure /organize/Program the servers so no computer is idle doing nothing and that every server is always busy..whenever running any test.

    That said. Any nation with money can create a super computer and be the fastest. it all depends of how much $$ money you invest in the servers. Those "Super computers" use ,are very limited. Usually they used to simulate Weather in the world.. or simulate earthquakes..
    no big deal.. the most important task could be sharing data.. like Facebook for example need to have Super Computers to actualize billions of tons of data that people enter in the world.

    But if you do a test in real time graphics performance ,something like video games.
    then even a Playstation 4 will beat the hell of those top 500 super computers in running
    graphics in real time. That means ,that top 500 super computers it means next to nothing. that X country managed to organize lots of servers to do run one useless test very fast.

    Perhaps those supercomputers will be very fast running mathlab or autocad. but if you pick for example a program like adobe video or Photoshop,it will lose the "super part" and become a super crap , its performance will be no better than your top of the line single personal PC.

    So the best name for those "super computers.. will be something like Super Limited Super Servers. Because contrary to top of the line Personal Computers that people can buy , that can do everything. Those "SUper" Servers are only designed with one particular software or application in mind. either to Run Autocad/or Matlab very fast.
    or Transfer millions or billions of server files very fast.. something like transfering the personal medical record of a million of people from one server to another.. etc.

    So there is nothing to look at the "super computers". Its a meaningless benchmark.
    Because do not measure new technology. it only measure Money invested ,organization of servers and good configuration to perform one or two task very fast. and nothing else.

    What will be a real Test.. and really interesting .is to compare future Elbrus processors vs Intel I7 processors. In the most used business applications and video games. China design no computers , Russia does. BUilding a super computer is all about going shopping and spending hundred of millions dollars in Intel or Amd or IBM servers. and organizing,configuring them well ,for better performance in a limited applications.

    All Said..
    Why would Russia need a "super computer"?
    it will not help Pak-FA to be better.. neither Armata. Neither will help Russia space program.
    Probably to predict earthquakes "better" but not even Japan had any success with that . the most practical use of them will be for Civil Engineer , to calculate very huge structures.
    SOmething like the China Super bridge for example had to be simulated there. But it could have been done in any other super server too in the top 500 or top 1000. but less fast.

    A real super computer for me.. will be something totally new.. lets say quantum computers ,that
    do mathematical computations manipulating atoms. and that such technology is fully developed for consumer and business daily use and that runs all today application
    but a hundred of times faster.  That will be really BIG.  

    Since the silicon based computers are with us..since when? since the 60's..
    Anyone that develops a computer that its circuits no longer use semiconductors /silicon and manipulate atoms this time and instead of electricity use light,that will be HUGEEEEEE as big
    as landing on mars today ,building a base while filming it and then return a year later safely .

    This Elbrus Computer Russia is building is much more prestigious and more big deal
    than a going shopping of thousand american processors and organizing them ,to create the
    fastest Network in the world. This is because Russia is developing new Technology that could replace Americans one ,while China is not.



    It looks like Russia does not need to
    simulate its nuclear devices like the USA. One can laugh and dick stroke about how Russians are inferior, but
    they have always relied on mathematical approaches (e.g. asymptotic perturbation expansions) and pencil
    and paper instead of a big numerical box. They have clearly done quite well with their approach.


    Correct.. Russia have no need for being in the top 10 or top 100 supercomputers. To build
    a super server just for the fun of it and bragging rights is total silly . Yeah physical simulations,
    weather ,counting stars in the galaxy?  lol1    Japan used their super computers to predict
    earthquakes and so far no one will believe they have been successful in that. The best use
    i see for Super Computer is in Entertainment industry   Very Happy  , to render those nice shots of
    3d movies in no time. but also for engineering of super giant structures.. like very long bridges
    or buildings..and very quickly do double check by hand and pencil and by computer of everything.  Russia dont need a super computer..  but they do need to d comesign completely NEW COmputers never done before ,for import substition and for security ,to replace American technology in Russia.

    the next article will illustrate more about super computers.. how they are used .



    But what the heck can you do with a super computer?

    The short answer is: Not much. Or at least, nothing that mere mortals like you or I usually concern ourselves with.  

    http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/122159-what-can-you-do-with-a-supercomputer

    But is not so bad.. Supercomputers is used for research by scientist. The problem however
    comes ,for the very fact that the super speed will be totally useless even in the few things
    a super computer can be used.. if the program used is not done right. So if for example you
    have 1 million computers trying to solve a mathematical problem.. but one programmer by mistake enters the wrong value or formula.. then the entire work will be wasted.  Im really
    skeptic about the benefits of them. For the fact that computers do not work with real time
    information. things that happens in the now. computer data is always recorded ,stored and is old. So if you for example enter in a super computer all the traffic accidents in the world ,and how they happened. the computer will be still unable to predict future accidents with total accuracy. all said to study the behavior of nature or of the human body and to try to predict the future by looking at old data , is doomed to failure. because such things are random and do not follow any script or predictable pattern. Japan have failed in the use of their Supercomputers to
    predict earthquakes for examples.. and Super computers will also fail to predict illness or find cure for anything. the right place for Super Computers should not be research.. or to "discover anything" in my opinion.. but simply to speed things , that human can do ,but will take them much more time.. It also can be used to organize endless data so that you can more easier study it and find exactly what you want.

    So in summary Computers/super computers,are useless to discover anything new.
    Because they operate with the data that you enter ,so do not reason..
    What Super Computers can do , is help Organize Mega Tons of Information that you enter
    ,so that it will help you see things.. to better study your own information ,that is to make it easier to visualize things. but also to speed calculations in mathematics. and display graphics too.  But Super Computers will never be able to discover anything new or create new science.
    So this is the reason Why Russia don't need a "super computer" in the top positions because there is no use for it.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9446
    Points : 9938
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  George1 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:22 am

    Russian processor "Baikal"



    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1807051.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:36 pm

    I was reading comments section on sdelanounas.ru on the computer using the baikal cup and good God are people negative and making crap up. They say all components are Chinese and that nothing is Russian and import substitution is all security and none for commercial, etc etc etc. I think the website got jacked to because I don't recognize any of the posters.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2533
    Points : 2666
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  kvs on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:36 pm

    George1 wrote:Russian processor "Baikal"



    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1807051.html

    The MIPS architecture used by the Baikal is very good. It has better per MHz performance than Intel CPUs. But is clocked lower.
    They should push the 6 CPU format into desktop machines.

    https://imgtec.com/mips/warrior/p-class-p5600-multiprocessor-core/

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2533
    Points : 2666
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  kvs on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:53 pm

    sepheronx wrote:I was reading comments section on sdelanounas.ru on the computer using the baikal cup and good God are people negative and making crap up. They say all components are Chinese and that nothing is Russian and import substitution is all security and none for commercial, etc etc etc. I think the website got jacked to because I don't recognize any of the posters.

    These retards can't tell the difference between Taiwan and China. Also, these retards are not aware that in the USA most server components are manufactured in
    China by US and Taiwanese contractors.

    http://appleapple.top/chip-for-export-the-developers-of-processors-baikal-told-how-going-to-compete-with-intel/

    Meanwhile Russian chip fabricators are improving their process capability:

    http://marchmontnews.com/Technology-Innovation/Central-regions/18266-Mikron-and-Rusnano-invest-into-65-and-45-nm-chips.html


    The bottom line for fabrication is that it is economically justified to contract out instead of building $4 billion fabrication plants. The existing
    Russian fabrication process level (90 nm transitioning into 65 nm) is sufficient for Russian military needs. For consumer needs TMSC can
    serve the function of manufacturing just fine. The opinions of these retards are not worth the time of day.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  sepheronx on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:28 am

    I thought Mikron is already developing 65nm processors as they showcased a while back 65nm on 200mm wafer?

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2533
    Points : 2666
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  kvs on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:02 pm

    sepheronx wrote:I thought Mikron is already developing 65nm processors as they showcased a while back 65nm on 200mm wafer?

    Yes Mikron has developed an in-house 65 nm capability and I believe they are moving to 300 mm wafers. Smaller lithography and
    larger wafers appear to go hand in hand.

    A lot of the information is from several years ago and I can't find any links to current plans and conditions in the Russian chip foundry
    business.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:58 am

    kvs wrote:The bottom line for fabrication is that it is economically justified to contract out instead of building $4 billion fabrication plants.    The existing
    Russian fabrication process level (90 nm transitioning into 65 nm) is sufficient for Russian military needs.   For consumer needs TMSC can
    serve the function of manufacturing just fine.    The opinions of these retards are not worth the time of day.

    ...Why even bother building them, the microelectronics field is meeting it's end soon because you could only build chips so small before quantum leakage comes in to effect...

    But the real reason is that Russia is already moving on to a vastly superior field of microphotonics. It's recently been proven that the existing fabrication centers based in Russia, can produce microphotonics using existing fabrication and manufacturing methods without the facilities undergoing expensive and lengthy upgrades. There's talk about making microphotonic processors with thousands of cores embedded on them.

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t2824p350-ew-technologies-and-innovation-development-in-russia#152862

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:15 am

    "Angstrom" created the first fully domestic IGBT-modules

    JSC "Angstrom" specialists for the first time in Russia have developed and released a full domestic power IGBT-modules used in engine control systems, trams, trolley buses and municipal equipment - elevators and welding.

    The main consumers of power modules based on insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) and fast recovery diode (FRD) are manufacturers of public transport on electricity, as well as companies that exploit it. In addition, a huge number of IGBT-modules used in the sphere of housing and communal services (lifting equipment, water and heating systems) and energy. All of these sectors have high social significance, and therefore can not be an uncontrolled increase the value of their goods and services. However, this is not possible in an environment where most of the components and spare parts is based on foreign supplies.

    JSC "Angstrom" program was launched substitution of imported for the production of crystals of power modules. In the first stage have been developed and serial production of the crystals, and the next release launched a fully domestic power modules of its own production: IGBT and FRD module. Their distinguishing feature of their foreign counterparts is the increased short-circuit resistance (up to 50 microseconds), as well as the presence of a "soft" characteristics, which is not typical for this generation modules.

    According to the director of "Angstrom" power electronics sales department Evgeny Kuzmin, is not just a business project, but socially important task: "Today, almost 100% of the power modules used in electric utilities and public transport, foreign production. Any jump value of the currency leads to a significant rise in price of them. Businesses can not operate at a loss, and, therefore, are forced to shift these costs to consumers. The cost of domestic IGBT-modules will not be so rigidly tied to currency fluctuations. "

    Getting to the design, the developers focused on the most massive in the application of power IGBT and FRD-ins. It is now available to order a wide range of modules in the voltage range from 600 V to 1700 V and a maximum current of 75A to 600A, with different configurations: half bridge, chopper (low or high), single-key, three-phase half-bridge. Now consumers can choose from four types of buildings: SEMITRANS2, SEMITRANS3, SEMITRANS4 and ECONOPACK3. The company plans to expand the range of types produced by execution.

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  victor1985 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:32 am

    Vann7 wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:It seems that Russia isn't doing too well in supercomputers:

    http://www.unz.com/akarlin/moores-law-for-supercomputers/

    Any future plans? Are they only using domestic chips or why do they rank so low? Isn't that a major issue?

    First and foremost..

    The term "Super computer" is very misleading. It can mean anything .Many of those servers use hardware a decade old..the magic of the "super thing" comes by spending millions dollars in buying thousands of computers and organizing them in a network ,to work as a team. can you imagine a computer how obsolete becomes after 10 years?  All those servers contest about who is the faster is just a benchmark of the speed of a combination of many hundreds or thousands of computers together calculating a mathematical operation. And the speed at which those "super computers" , that will be better called Super networks. Is highly dependent on how much money you invest on it.

    Means that if Russia wanted in this year to take the #1 position.. all they need to create a network bigger than the one China have..spend more money than them and configure /organize/Program the servers so no computer is idle doing nothing and that every server is always busy..whenever running any test.

    That said. Any nation with money can create a super computer and be the fastest. it all depends of how much $$ money you invest in the servers. Those "Super computers" use ,are very limited. Usually they used to simulate Weather in the world.. or simulate earthquakes..
    no big deal.. the most important task could be sharing data.. like Facebook for example need to have Super Computers to actualize billions of tons of data that people enter in the world.

    But if you do a test in real time graphics performance ,something like video games.
    then even a Playstation 4 will beat the hell of those top 500 super computers in running
    graphics in real time. That means ,that top 500 super computers it means next to nothing. that X country managed to organize lots of servers to do run one useless test very fast.

    Perhaps those supercomputers will be very fast running mathlab or autocad. but if you pick for example a program like adobe video or Photoshop,it will lose the "super part" and become a super crap , its performance will be no better than your top of the line single personal PC.

    So the best name for those "super computers.. will be something like Super Limited Super Servers. Because contrary to top of the line Personal Computers that people can buy , that can do everything. Those "SUper" Servers are only designed with one particular software or application in mind. either to Run Autocad/or Matlab very fast.
    or Transfer millions or billions of server files very fast.. something like transfering the personal medical record of a million of people from one server to another.. etc.

    So there is nothing to look at the "super computers". Its a meaningless benchmark.
    Because do not measure new technology. it only measure Money invested ,organization of servers and good configuration to perform one or two task very fast. and nothing else.

    What will be a real Test.. and really interesting .is to compare future Elbrus processors vs Intel I7 processors. In the most used business applications and video games. China design no computers , Russia does. BUilding a super computer is all about going shopping and spending hundred of millions dollars in Intel or Amd or IBM servers. and organizing,configuring them well ,for better performance in a limited applications.

    All Said..
    Why would Russia need a "super computer"?
    it will not help Pak-FA to be better.. neither Armata. Neither will help Russia space program.
    Probably to predict earthquakes "better" but not even Japan had any success with that . the most practical use of them will be for Civil Engineer , to calculate very huge structures.
    SOmething like the China Super bridge for example had to be simulated there. But it could have been done in any other super server too in the top 500 or top 1000. but less fast.

    A real super computer for me.. will be something totally new.. lets say quantum computers ,that
    do mathematical computations manipulating atoms. and that such technology is fully developed for consumer and business daily use and that runs all today application
    but a hundred of times faster.  That will be really BIG.  

    Since the silicon based computers are with us..since when? since the 60's..
    Anyone that develops a computer that its circuits no longer use semiconductors /silicon and manipulate atoms this time and instead of electricity use light,that will be HUGEEEEEE as big
    as landing on mars today ,building a base while filming it and then return a year later safely .

    This Elbrus Computer Russia is building is much more prestigious and more big deal
    than a going shopping of thousand american processors and organizing them ,to create the
    fastest Network in the world. This is because Russia is developing new Technology that could replace Americans one ,while China is not.



    It looks like Russia does not need to
    simulate its nuclear devices like the USA. One can laugh and dick stroke about how Russians are inferior, but
    they have always relied on mathematical approaches (e.g. asymptotic perturbation expansions) and pencil
    and paper instead of a big numerical box. They have clearly done quite well with their approach.


    Correct.. Russia have no need for being in the top 10 or top 100 supercomputers. To build
    a super server just for the fun of it and bragging rights is total silly . Yeah physical simulations,
    weather ,counting stars in the galaxy?  lol1    Japan used their super computers to predict
    earthquakes and so far no one will believe they have been successful in that. The best use
    i see for Super Computer is in Entertainment industry   Very Happy  , to render those nice shots of
    3d movies in no time. but also for engineering of super giant structures.. like very long bridges
    or buildings..and very quickly do double check by hand and pencil and by computer of everything.  Russia dont need a super computer..  but they do need to d comesign completely NEW COmputers never done before ,for import substition and for security ,to replace American technology in Russia.

    the next article will illustrate more about super computers.. how they are used .



    But what the heck can you do with a super computer?

    The short answer is: Not much. Or at least, nothing that mere mortals like you or I usually concern ourselves with.  

    http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/122159-what-can-you-do-with-a-supercomputer

    But is not so bad.. Supercomputers is used for research by scientist. The problem however
    comes ,for the very fact that the super speed will be totally useless even in the few things
    a super computer can be used.. if the program used is not done right. So if for example you
    have 1 million computers trying to solve a mathematical problem.. but one programmer by mistake enters the wrong value or formula.. then the entire work will be wasted.  Im really
    skeptic about the benefits of them. For the fact that computers do not work with real time
    information. things that happens in the now. computer data is always recorded ,stored and is old. So if you for example enter in a super computer all the traffic accidents in the world ,and how they happened. the computer will be still unable to predict future accidents with total accuracy. all said to study the behavior of nature or of the human body and to try to predict the future by looking at old data , is doomed to failure. because such things are random and do not follow any script or predictable pattern. Japan have failed in the use of their Supercomputers to
    predict earthquakes for examples.. and Super computers will also fail to predict illness or find cure for anything. the right place for Super Computers should not be research.. or to "discover anything" in my opinion.. but simply to speed things , that human can do ,but will take them much more time.. It also can be used to organize endless data so that you can more easier study it and find exactly what you want.

    So in summary Computers/super computers,are useless to discover anything new.
    Because they operate with the data that you enter ,so do not reason..
    What Super Computers can do , is help Organize Mega Tons of Information that you enter
    ,so that it will help you see things.. to better study your own information ,that is to make it easier to visualize things. but also to speed calculations in mathematics. and display graphics too.  But Super Computers will never be able to discover anything new or create new science.
    So this is the reason Why Russia don't need a "super computer" in the top positions because there is no use for it.


    mate....lots of talking but you are wrong .....
    the GPU is the same thing as a CPU ....but with the difference that the GPU has the logic arangement of logical unit for graphic work.....
    but....in his limited way a CPU has some ability to make a graphic calcul.... add 100,000 CPU's and they will beat any dedicated GPU on market .....even 3 SLI/crossfire.....
    all is needed is a CPU coding such that all 100000 to be corelated .....

    in other point of view...you want a bigger and bigger supercomputer for military? find a secure way to share information to PC's from all over the people of russia and please them to tv to download a installer....then you have a huge calculation network wich is upgraded daily ..... think like bittorent nodes work and you can make the biggest simulator ever....... either graphic or code

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 531
    Points : 540
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  Project Canada on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:28 pm




    Russian made 'iPhone' to be released in 2018, price tag starting from $130

    MOSCOW, September 22. /TASS/. Russia plans to release smartphones that will be comparable with iPhone in terms of quality but cost much less than the original US device, head of Ruselectronics Igor Kozlov told reporters on Thursday.
    Ruselectronics will produce the Russian "iPhones’.
    "In 2018, we will have our own, domestic iPhone, which will cost only about $130," Kozlov said.
    The Ruselectronics holding company was set up in the early 2009 on the base of the state holding with the same name. It is part of the state-owned corporation Rostec.
    The holding unites enterprises specializing in the design and manufacture of electronic components, products, materials and equipment for their manufacture, as well as microwave devices and semiconductor devices.
    The company raises 15% of its revenues from civilian products and 85% from military products. Currently, Ruselectronics is in the process of restructuring and plans to strengthen its department for production of civilian products. By 2025, civilian products will account


    http://tass.com/economy/901600?_ga=1.102490433.15676205.1469362849


    Singular_trafo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 142
    Points : 142
    Join date : 2016-04-16

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  Singular_trafo on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:54 pm

    Russia has one, 4 years old 90nm semiconductor fab.
    That is quite busy to pump out thousand of low volume, high commplexity military/goverment/industrial dies, that blocked due to the sanctions.

    It won't have any capacity in the next years to update itself to lower node size, and to start to pump out high volume mobile phone ICs.


    And a 14nm top end fab cost a lot of money, and without that it is not possible to compete on this field.

    And the money won't stop at the fab, the chip design cost 300-700 milion $ for 14nm.


    So russia could make phone from imported parts, but that wonát be competitive compared to the korean phones.


    Singular_trafo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 142
    Points : 142
    Join date : 2016-04-16

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  Singular_trafo on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:56 pm

    Actualy the intel wonát go into the mobile field, it making high complexity, high cost ICs.

    Russia should make high complexity, low volume, high value added ICs, like satelite/nuclear industry radhard ICs, military stuff , telekom and other critical infrastructure components.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:05 am

    News on GaN transistor development:

    Roselectronika started to develop advanced types of transistors

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:47 am


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:47 am