Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

Post  kvs on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:10 pm

sepheronx wrote:I noticed from this: http://mcst.ru/pozdravlenie-direktora-mcst-s-nastupayushhimi-prazdnikami

That Elbrus 1C is mentioned, and 1C would be a single core processor.  I am hoping that it will have a decent frequency of something similar to 1GHZ and I really hope they introduce this as a processor solderd to a pico board and sold as a competitor to Raspberry Pi!  I would seriously purchase dozens if not more of them to build my own routers, small form factor NAS (similar to those dlink USB powered ones) and home theater setups.  I seriously hope they do something like this, as this will create the domestic computer boom in Russia, as well as home built projects.  Actually, such systems are also used in creating other products like automated CNC style machines (Smaller ones), 3D printers, etc.

The Elbrus 1C and Elbrus 8C could be the products that will bring MCST into a new generation.

I just hope they decide to eventually drop the SPARC line of processors.  They are not needed anymore as VLIW processors are RISC processors much like SPARC's are.  Would be redundant.

The SPARC CPUs are for their military production lines. They are quite useful for the products they are deployed in.

MCST is like a university department and not a corporation such as Intel or AMD. Russia needs an actual corporation to
    develop and sell microprocessor designs.

I don't understand why an Intel clone design is not attempted. I don't believe that the instruction set is patentable in
    principle. As long as the microprocessor does not copy the IC design of Intel parts, then it should be free from any
    patent violation claims.

The Elbrus design is really for scientific and engineering applications. Since Russia will not have the weight to overcome
    Intel and Microsoft in the consumer sector, they should have a domestic CPU that runs Intel instructions natively.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:19 pm

kvs wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:I noticed from this: http://mcst.ru/pozdravlenie-direktora-mcst-s-nastupayushhimi-prazdnikami

That Elbrus 1C is mentioned, and 1C would be a single core processor.  I am hoping that it will have a decent frequency of something similar to 1GHZ and I really hope they introduce this as a processor solderd to a pico board and sold as a competitor to Raspberry Pi!  I would seriously purchase dozens if not more of them to build my own routers, small form factor NAS (similar to those dlink USB powered ones) and home theater setups.  I seriously hope they do something like this, as this will create the domestic computer boom in Russia, as well as home built projects.  Actually, such systems are also used in creating other products like automated CNC style machines (Smaller ones), 3D printers, etc.

The Elbrus 1C and Elbrus 8C could be the products that will bring MCST into a new generation.

I just hope they decide to eventually drop the SPARC line of processors.  They are not needed anymore as VLIW processors are RISC processors much like SPARC's are.  Would be redundant.

The SPARC CPUs are for their military production lines.   They are quite useful for the products they are deployed in.

MCST is like a university department and not a corporation such as Intel or AMD.   Russia needs an actual corporation to

I don't understand why an Intel clone design is not attempted.  I don't believe that the instruction set is patentable in
    principle.  As long as the microprocessor does not copy the IC design of Intel parts, then it should be free from any
    patent violation claims.  

The Elbrus design is really for scientific and engineering applications.  Since Russia will not have the weight to overcome
    Intel and Microsoft in the consumer sector, they should have a domestic CPU that runs Intel instructions natively.  

MCST proved that their processors are capable of running for domestic use, besides supercomputing, workstations and servers. Hence why a Single core processor meant to compete against Raspberry Pi would be beneficial in the long run as it would create a major demand. Since they produced Angstrom, up to 65nm tech (I am pretty sure they can get even lower if they invest in Rusnano Lithography technology), they can produce the products in Russia itself. But I agree, a company designed specifically for the domestic consumer market is the right move. Issue is, AMD and Intel do have patents on their Instruction sets, thus if the company created does want to make a CISC processor, they would either have to come up with similar instruction sets or make their own entirely. Since Intel and AMD copied from each other back in the 90's, outright breaking copyright laws, I am pretty certain the next company can do it.

SPARC processors are fine for certain applications, but I imagine that the VLIW of the Elbrus processor would be able to handle the same tasks even better. Reducing to 1 design rather than two separate ones may be financially beneficial in the long run. As well, creating a chip for the use of domestic market (Elbrus 2GM, Elbrus 1C and Elbrus 8C) is very much needed. As I pointed out already, a company will be making NAS systems with it. Elbrus 1C can effectively be used for creating routers, small NAS', raspberry pi alternatives, etc. This alone can generate ridiculous amounts of revenue. Since most of the software used for such technology are in Linux, it wont need to operate under x86 environment.

MCST can also act as a place to design new processors for companies who want to become like Intel or AMD.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:30 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    kvs wrote:

The SPARC CPUs are for their military production lines.   They are quite useful for the products they are deployed in.

MCST is like a university department and not a corporation such as Intel or AMD.   Russia needs an actual corporation to

I don't understand why an Intel clone design is not attempted.  I don't believe that the instruction set is patentable in
    principle.  As long as the microprocessor does not copy the IC design of Intel parts, then it should be free from any
    patent violation claims.  

The Elbrus design is really for scientific and engineering applications.  Since Russia will not have the weight to overcome

MCST proved that their processors are capable of running for domestic use, besides supercomputing, workstations and servers.  Hence why a Single core processor meant to compete against Raspberry Pi would be beneficial in the long run as it would create a major demand.  Since they produced Angstrom, up to 65nm tech (I am pretty sure they can get even lower if they invest in Rusnano Lithography technology), they can produce the products in Russia itself.  But I agree, a company designed specifically for the domestic consumer market is the right move.  Issue is, AMD and Intel do have patents on their Instruction sets, thus if the company created does want to make a CISC processor, they would either have to come up with similar instruction sets or make their own entirely.  Since Intel and AMD copied from each other back in the 90's, outright breaking copyright laws, I am pretty certain the next company can do it.

SPARC processors are fine for certain applications, but I imagine that the VLIW of the Elbrus processor would be able to handle the same tasks even better.  Reducing to 1 design rather than two separate ones may be financially beneficial in the long run.  As well, creating a chip for the use of domestic market (Elbrus 2GM, Elbrus 1C and Elbrus 8C) is very much needed.  As I pointed out already, a company will be making NAS systems with it.  Elbrus 1C can effectively be used for creating routers, small NAS', raspberry pi alternatives, etc.  This alone can generate ridiculous amounts of revenue.  Since most of the software used for such technology are in Linux, it wont need to operate under x86 environment.

MCST can also act as a place to design new processors for companies who want to become like Intel or AMD.

I think this BS patent can be circumvented. The Intel instruction stream should be trivially remapped by the Russian RISC CPU in a translator
    implemented in silicon. The trick is to have the Russian CPU be a RISC species like the Intel and AMD chips. The Elbrus is just too drastically
    different from the Intel/AMD RISC designs so binary translation has to be extensive and at the end of the day you have to get the code and
    optimize it and compile it for the Elbrus to get good performance.

A clone Russian RISC CPU would be basically what AMD does. AMD produces its own IC designs to execute the Intel instruction set to which
    obtained rights a long time ago. Mapping from the Intel instruction set to a native instruction set that is almost identical in silicon is definitely a
    way to beat the US Patent Office racket.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:34 pm

kvs wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    kvs wrote:

patent violation claims.  

MCST proved that their processors are capable of running for domestic use, besides supercomputing, workstations and servers.  Hence why a Single core processor meant to compete against Raspberry Pi would be beneficial in the long run as it would create a major demand.  Since they produced Angstrom, up to 65nm tech (I am pretty sure they can get even lower if they invest in Rusnano Lithography technology), they can produce the products in Russia itself.  But I agree, a company designed specifically for the domestic consumer market is the right move.  Issue is, AMD and Intel do have patents on their Instruction sets, thus if the company created does want to make a CISC processor, they would either have to come up with similar instruction sets or make their own entirely.  Since Intel and AMD copied from each other back in the 90's, outright breaking copyright laws, I am pretty certain the next company can do it.

SPARC processors are fine for certain applications, but I imagine that the VLIW of the Elbrus processor would be able to handle the same tasks even better.  Reducing to 1 design rather than two separate ones may be financially beneficial in the long run.  As well, creating a chip for the use of domestic market (Elbrus 2GM, Elbrus 1C and Elbrus 8C) is very much needed.  As I pointed out already, a company will be making NAS systems with it.  Elbrus 1C can effectively be used for creating routers, small NAS', raspberry pi alternatives, etc.  This alone can generate ridiculous amounts of revenue.  Since most of the software used for such technology are in Linux, it wont need to operate under x86 environment.

I think this BS patent can be circumvented.   The Intel instruction stream should be trivially remapped by the Russian RISC CPU in a translator
    implemented in silicon.   The trick is to have the Russian CPU be a RISC species like the Intel and AMD chips.   The Elbrus is just too drastically
    different from the Intel/AMD RISC designs so binary translation has to be extensive and at the end of the day you have to get the code and
    optimize it and compile it for the Elbrus to get good performance.  

A clone Russian RISC CPU would be basically what AMD does.   AMD produces its own IC designs to execute the Intel instruction set to which
    obtained rights a long time ago.  Mapping from the Intel instruction set to a native instruction set that is almost identical in silicon is definitely a
    way to beat the US Patent Office racket.    

True, but that would mean MCST would have to open a new R&D for it. I still think the SPARC design is too old and not needed, so they can scrap that. MIPS would work I would imagine.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:41 am

Since Intel and AMD copied from each other back in the 90's, outright breaking copyright laws, I am pretty certain the next company can do it.

You should know the American judicial system better than that... American companies can copy American companies but a Russian company... that is treason.

AFAIK the PC is IBM based and the vast majority are therefore clones that meet the same standards.

As long as they meet the same input and output specifications they should be compatible no matter how they are designed internally.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:52 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Since Intel and AMD copied from each other back in the 90's, outright breaking copyright laws, I am pretty certain the next company can do it.
    You should know the American judicial system better than that... American companies can copy American companies but a Russian company... that is treason.
    Maybe then but not any more... They're all patent trolls nowadays.

indochina
    Private
    Private

Post  indochina on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:32 am

don't forget Transas company

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:56 am

indochina wrote:don't forget Transas company

Ok. Can you please clarify?

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:18 am

sepheronx, got a question for you, is there a Russian equivalent to the Raspberry Pi on the market or in the works, it would be a great way to get Elbrus processor on the market? dunno

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:51 am

AlfaT8 wrote:sepheronx, got a question for you, is there a Russian equivalent to the Raspberry Pi on the market or in the works, it would be a great way to get Elbrus processor on the market? dunno

Currently, the only one is from NTC Module: http://www.module.ru/catalog/micro/micro_pc/

This is why I am hoping that once the Elbrus 1C is released, and the Elbrus with the built on GPGPU (much like APU from AMD), I am hoping they get into the competitive market of integrated IC boards for multipurpose systems. A board using a Elbrus 1C or 2C with 2GB of built in RAM would definately be a powerhouse for multipurpose systems like: Making your own router/switch box, DVR, MiniNAS, micro servers, controllers for nearly everything.

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:25 am

sepheronx wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:sepheronx, got a question for you, is there a Russian equivalent to the Raspberry Pi on the market or in the works, it would be a great way to get Elbrus processor on the market? dunno

Currently, the only one is from NTC Module: http://www.module.ru/catalog/micro/micro_pc/

This is why I am hoping that once the Elbrus 1C is released, and the Elbrus with the built on GPGPU (much like APU from AMD), I am hoping they get into the competitive market of integrated IC boards for multipurpose systems.  A board using a Elbrus 1C or 2C with 2GB of built in RAM would definately be a powerhouse for multipurpose systems like: Making your own router/switch box, DVR, MiniNAS, micro servers, controllers for nearly everything.
    Good to hear that there's at least someone trying make them, though a quick search shows that it might as well not exist (not even an ad vid on youtube), other then there main website there is pretty much no mention of it anywhere els, this is Russia's problem it's feel like either there to scared to compete or there unable to enter the market for some reason, so my next question is, where is Russia's Amazon?? angel

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:37 am

Russia Testing New Optoelectronic Imager

The first test shots have been made with the new Geoton-L1 optoelectronic imager developed by Shvabe Holding and mounted on the Resurs-P No. 2 spacecraft. This information was presented by the company’s press service.

It should be noted that the Resurs-P No. 2 satellite was launched on December 26, 2014. The Geoton-L1 equipment is intended for operational monitoring and thematic mapping in the interests of the national economy. It provides images of the Earth surface with high resolution in panchromatic and multispectral modes.

“On January 4, we began testing the spacecraft hardware and made the first test shots with the Geoton-L1 equipment in panchromatic and multispectral modes. The work is underway to adjust, test and calibrate the equipment,” the press center informed.

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:32 pm

sepheronx wrote:

This is why I am hoping that once the Elbrus 1C is released, and the Elbrus with the built on GPGPU (much like APU from AMD), I am hoping they get into the competitive market of integrated IC boards for multipurpose systems.  A board using a Elbrus 1C or 2C with 2GB of built in RAM would definately be a powerhouse for multipurpose systems like: Making your own router/switch box, DVR, MiniNAS, micro servers, controllers for nearly everything.

Have you heard if Russia had a project to design something completely new , not using western technology?
    Whenever i mention people about Elbrus they tell me  oh ..thats based on american technology SPARC/RISC arquitecture from SUn Microsystems/Oracle..

You have any info of any semiconductor processor research project not based on american/European technology ,something completely different ?

For me it will be cooler to just shut up the minions that Russia develop something completely from zero.. and completely radical.. something like a 128bit processor with an arquitecture never seen before in the world of computers. Russia definitively lost such precious time , not fully jumping in the semiconductor industry ..with the same intensity they did in Space.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:11 am

Started production of Russia's first blade server in the Russian processor
    Put into production the first series servers "Elbrus 4.4", working on the basis of processors "Elbrus-4C", developed by the MCST. Its creators claim that "Elbrus 4.4" - this is the first server that is fully developed in Russia on the basis of domestic same processor.
    Russian developer of computer systems PJSC "INEUM them. Bruk "for the first time publicly announced the start of production servers proprietary" Elbrus 4.4 ". The work was conducted in close cooperation with ZAO "MCST" developers processors "Elbrus".
    "Elbrus 4.4" is built around four (or optionally two) quad-core "Elbrus-4C", performed in the topology of 65 nm. This is the latest model of the processor, developed by MCST. Start of serial production of his future successor, eight-«Elbrus-8C" with the topology of 28 nm is expected early next year.
    Server "Elbrus 4.4" is made in the 19-inch height 1Unit body with the ability to supply buildings and 2Unit 3Unit. It has a capacity of up to 200 Gflops peak and supports up to 384 GB of RAM.
    "Elbrus 4.4" is suitable for the assembly of the blade clusters. To join the server to the cluster in PJSC "INEUM" developed network Interconnect 10G class 2D torus topology with a capacity of up to 64 servers.
    According to CNews, assembling motherboards servers "Elbrus" engaged FSUE "October". By now the time put into production a series of "Elbrus 4.4" in the amount of several dozen pieces.
    MCST traditionally tries to avoid references to the names of its government customers. As a representative told CNews MTsSTKonstantin Trushkin, interest in purchasing these servers showed "major oil and gas companies" and the security forces.
    Server "Elbrus 4.4" - not the first computing device, designed and built based on processors MCST. Thus, for example, are known PC "Monokub" and specialized computer systems "Sivuch" that are based on the previous generation "Elbrus-2C +".

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:18 pm

Rumors I heard on sdelanounas are that MCST is not going to release Elbrus 8C but an Elbrus 8SC or something along those lines where its onboard memory controller is DDR4 memory that was recently released. This will greatly increase performance as well as make it far more competitive.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Tomsk University once again creates something:
    Siberians want to rid transistors of precious metals

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:38 pm

Source: Baikal Electronics named “Russia’s first” chip R&D center

Kinda an insult to MCST and Microclet but still good to hear they are working on it.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:24 pm

http://mcst.ru/novye-produkty-na-baze-mikroprocessora-elbrus4s-dostupny-dlya-zakaza

Elbrus CPU products hitting the market.

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:26 pm

Russian Companies to Challenge Apple, Samsung and Others in Domestic Electronics Market

Russia is currently moving, slowly but steadily, towards import substitution, and the government’s enthusiasm is increasingly impacting the economy across economic sectors. In IT, for example, plans to create this country’s own operating system (apparently to oust Microsoft’s Windows from its present throne) and software have been recently aired. However, this is but a palliative without a dramatic reshuffle in the entire radio electronic hardware segment, government officials think. The Russian Ministry of Industry and Commerce has come up with a new plan that outlines steps for Russia to have its own tablets, smartphones, laptops and desktop PCs by 2020 already.

http://russia-insider.com/en/russia-moves-unseat-apple-samsung-and-others-domestic-radio-electronic-market/6038

As i mentioned before.. Russia is on the tipping point of its Nation future.. whether it will be a
    successful nation or a failed one.. It can not longer depend on their "western partners" for anything. And the ability to remain independent will not depends on how many nukes they make or submarines or their military power.which is good enough already since soviet times to
    avoid any invasion..  But their ability to Influence the world..  So Russia either have only
    TWO options ,either they become another European Vassal state of the americans and give up
    its Independence and sovereignty or they become a real Alternative to USA ..either with its own
    capabilities or in alliance with India and China or perhaps also Latin countries..

This means Russia needs to become a super power which means a super influential nation in the world.. and building many warships and more nukes is not the way to become influential. But by becoming a SUper economic Power with Super technology industry. Russia needs to be stronger
    that USA in the things they can that is Military and Space...and need to be at least very decent and competitive in the things they are behind like Semiconductor Industry ,Software industry ,
    and any technology that is always the one that people goes and rush to the stores in Christmast to buy. Russia cannot continue allowing companies like Microsoft ,Apple ,Intel ,Nvidia ,and its holywood industry to continue winning the hearts of Russians ..when you do internet piracy is nothing else than downloading an american produced software. either for business or for entertainment like games this is retarded why Russia do not have a strong alternative to microsoft this is just a freaking Programing system not rocket science . Just lot of work. ,even North Korea developed an Operating system that looks like Apple Leopard. Neither Russia can continue to lag behind in the variety of smart phones home entertainment and technology industry. From Movies to video games to music.  Is not that Russia will now have to develop gaming consoles.. But developing a highly competitive PC and having their own new Internet ,free of NSA spying with all ASIA and BRICS nations and LATIN america too and having their own Ebay like trading in the new internet, will be a Huge blow to the west ,to totally destroying US ambition plans of world domination and the isolating of Russia.

If Russia Reduce their Navy ,removing all expensive to maintain soviet destroyers and old soviet frigates and just remain with a small but modern Surface fleet.. like france.. just stay with Gorskov type frigates , (they building 12) and just ~30 corvettes ..cut their icebreakers in half while keeping their submarines ,they will have a ton of more money to invest in the Modernization of Russia Industry and even triple their budget in space project which is very prestigious for the promotion not only of Russia in the world as an indispensable player , but also promotes the modernization of Russia. Simply Russia is missing opportunities and really have the weird idea that building more warships and submarines or investing heavily in sports , will save them from world isolation.. or from an Euromaidan revolution.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:31 pm

video with Zelenograd.

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:15 pm

Nice video.. thx for sharing seph . Smile

English substitles will be even nicer still is nice to see the tech.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed May 06, 2015 3:15 am

Started sales of the first computers with the Russian processor

Russian developer of computer technology MCST announced the beginning of reception of orders for computers on the basis of domestic microprocessor "Elbrus-4C". Sales are open only to legal entities, the company said on its website.
    Personal computer "AWP Elbrus-401" is built on a single Quad-core microprocessor "Elbrus-4C" and is proposed for workplace equipment, information terminals and microservers. It is noted that this computer as its server side modification, suitable for use in enterprises with high demands on information security.
    In the base rack server "Elbrus-4.4" lies four microprocessor "Elbrus-4C", and one or two controller peripheral interfaces for connecting external devices. The server supports up to 384 gigabytes of RAM, making it suitable for the organization's web servers, database servers, data storage systems, servers, remote desktop and HPC clusters.
    Both models are running the operating system "Elbrus", developed on the basis of kernel Linux version 2.6.33. Processor "Elbrus-4C", based on 65-nanometer technology, is currently the most productive Russian processor and its speed is comparable with Intel Core i3 and Intel Core i5 processors in the Ivy Bridge architecture. Its development was completed in April 2014, and serial production began in the fall of 2014.

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Fri May 08, 2015 10:54 am

Russia Unveils Homegrown PC Microprocessor Chips
    Moscow Center of SPARC Technologies begins taking orders for Russian-made computer chips, but one expert warns the technology lags five years behind that of western companies

http://russia-insider.com/en/business/russias-mcst-unveils-homegrown-pc-microprocessor-chips/ri6603

Moscow Center of SPARC Technologies (MCST) has announced it’s now taking orders for its Russian-made microprocessors from domestic computer and server manufacturers. The chip, called Elbrus-4C, was fully designed and developed in MCST’s Moscow labs. It’s claimed to be the most high-tech processor ever built in Russia, and is comparable with Intel Corp’s Core i3 and Intel Core i5 processors.

Besides the chips, MCST unveiled a new PC, the Elbrus ARM-401 which is powered by the Elbrus-4C chip and runs its own Linux-based Elbrus operating system. MCST said that other operating systems, including Microsoft’s Windows and other Linux distributions, can be installed on the Elbrus ARM-401. Finally, the company has built its own data center server rack, the Elbrus-4.4, which is powered by four Elbrus-4C microprocessors and supports up to 384 GB’s of RAM. MCST said the Elbrus-4.4 is suitable for Web servers, database servers, storage systems, servers, remote desktops and high-performance clusters

However not everyone was convinced Elbrus-4C was up to scratch with its U.S. made competitors. Sergei Viljanen, editor in chief of the Russian-language PCWorld website, told Kommersant the design was inferior to foreign chips.

“Russian processor technology is still about five years behind the west,” Viljanen said. “Intel’s chips come with a 14 nanometer design, whereas the Elbrus is 65 nanometers, which means they have a much higher energy consumption.”

So Russia design a brand new quadcore processor comparable in performance with
    intermediate level Personal PCs in the west .. this is something never done before by any other nation with 365 Gigabytes ram support..  and the best thing that Moron can say is that oh .. is not better than the thing we use from the west.. ignore it.

Is a 100% spy free processor without US government spy tools ,with a 100% NSA spy free
    Operating System ,for 100% secure data storage of your company..  Shocked  Are you kidding?
    The guy above is a real Imbecile , the HUGE benefits this processor will have for security with an ok performance and a huge memory capabilities 365 GB  is like being the second nation to travel to space as america is.. Things can only get better from here.. and i will love to buy one PC of those.. for peace of mind with a safe internet computer..  

It people needs windows aplications..microsoft windows can also be installed ,perhaps works in emulation mode? it can also be installed.. so is a plus one . i bet the price performance
    is very good too.. Smile  I will love to see Russia catching Intel and that idiot saying.. oh no.. is not
    Made by Intel so is not better. Smile

How much i will have liked Russia to jump in the semiconductor race as they did in the space race.. but anyway never is too late . Smile

By the way curious about how much will cost in dollars a PC with Elbrus 4C.  in any case this
    is a major world achievement for Russia and you can bet it will not be mentioned anywhere in western media.. that is on sale.. Russia needs now to advertise it .. you can have the best product in the world.. and if you do not advertise it propertly it will not sell.

here elbrush 4c with PC games.. Very Happy

Is a bit slow but for sure the operator did not configure correctly the graphics settings..
    in any case ,there is a lot of potential in Elbrus proccessors ,advertising ,advertising and advertising is the way.. for business security and for personal use for secure internet navigation
    and personal data.. is priceless. Is like heaven . in just 5 years if Russia continues pushing
    it will be at the same level in performance of the west and steal a HUGE semiconductor market
    and finally we can get rid of US monopoly in computers..

Neutrality
    Major
    Major

Post  Neutrality on Fri May 08, 2015 11:25 am

"Lags 5 year behind Western analogues". So what? People with broad computer knowledge say AMD lacks behind Intel 2-3 years in IPC performance and energy efficiency with their CPUs. Does that make the Russian chips lag less behind AMD? The most crucial point has been reached: there is now a solid basis for domestic chip design and production on Russian soil. As long as they keep attracting students, specialists and investments this so-called "lag" is a matter of time.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri May 08, 2015 11:31 am

Neutrality wrote:"Lags 5 year behind Western analogues". So what? People with broad computer knowledge say AMD lacks behind Intel 2-3 years in IPC performance and energy efficiency with their CPUs. Does that make the Russian chips lag less behind AMD? The most crucial point has been reached: there is now a solid basis for domestic chip design and production on Russian soil. As long as they keep attracting students, specialists and investments this so-called "lag" is a matter of time.

The big deal also is that this one is entirely Russian. Does it perform? Yes. In case of sanctions this is critical.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:33 am

Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:33 am