Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Share
    avatar
    Isos
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 525
    Points : 529
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  Isos on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:28 pm

    George1 wrote:Maritime weapons transport "Academic Kovalev", project 20180TV (20181), transferred to Russian Navy


    Can it load missiles on other combat ships ? what are russian ship that can suplly combat ship with weapons ?
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10114
    Points : 10608
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  George1 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:31 pm

    Isos wrote:

    Can it load missiles on other combat ships ? what are russian ship that can suplly combat ship with weapons ?

    i think its role is to tansport smaller naval ships to other countries/places


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 16069
    Points : 16760
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  GarryB on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:57 am

    That large crane will allow large pallets of ammo and stores to be transferred I suspect... probably including missiles for the UKSK vertical launch system...

    It would be used to resupply Russian military vessels at sea with weapons... so this vessel could meet a destroyer in the persian gulf and rearm it with cruise missiles after it has launched an attack so it can be fully armed and ready to engage more targets without returning to port.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4125
    Points : 4235
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Minesweepers, other Auxilliary vessels and naval ships

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:29 am


    Russia's Brand New Arctic Tanker to Plough the Seas in April

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160315/1036306305/russia-tanker-bulgakov.html#ixzz42zBdJQl3

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10114
    Points : 10608
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  George1 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:54 pm

    Plant "Yantar" in Kaliningrad to build a second oceanographic ship "Diamond"

    Подробнее на ТАСС:
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/2741045&usg=ALkJrhhLW90u8p05saC6ac9sJ894r9LSIQ


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10114
    Points : 10608
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  George1 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:03 am

    Medium sea tanker "Akademik Pashin" Project 23130 "Academician Pashin"float out of dock. Launching of the tanker, according to several reports, expected in April 2016.



    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1801884.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10114
    Points : 10608
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  George1 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:18 am

    The contract, for the construction of two maritime transport arms units (MTV) of 20360M project, was signed.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1839814.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10114
    Points : 10608
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  George1 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:19 pm

    The new research vessels to replace the "Admiral Vladimirsky" will be built by 2021

    Подробнее на ТАСС:
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/3208905&usg=ALkJrhgWBPtQ-jrtXqZcWKHUmJwjLic7YA


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10114
    Points : 10608
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  George1 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:20 pm

    Minesweeper "Alexander Obukhov" finally came to the factory sea trials





    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1877698.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10114
    Points : 10608
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  George1 on Sun May 15, 2016 6:38 am

    Russian Navy to Receive Over 10 Raptor Patrol Boats by Late 2018

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160515/1039640000/russian-navy-raptor-tugs.html#ixzz48igXSok8


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10114
    Points : 10608
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  George1 on Tue May 24, 2016 9:21 pm

    Russia to Launch Second Aleksandrit-Сlass Minesweeper Ship on July 29

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160524/1040186199/russia-minesweeper-ship.html#ixzz49ctX3MCl


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10114
    Points : 10608
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  George1 on Fri May 27, 2016 1:33 am

    Launching of the sea tanker "Academician Pashin"

    As reported on May 26, 2016 LLC "Nevsky Shipyard" (Shlisselburg, Leningrad Oblast) hosted launch of medium sea tanker "Akademik Pashin", project 23130.



    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1922023.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1034
    Points : 1049
    Join date : 2012-03-21

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  Dima on Mon May 30, 2016 2:22 pm

    From Nevsky Shipyard
    Nevsky Shipyard launched the medium-sized sea tanker “Academician Pashin”
    On May 26th 2016 Nevsky Shipyard launched the medium-sized sea tanker “Academician Pashin” (23130 project).

    Tanker “Academician Pashin” is the biggest vessel ever launched at Nevsky Shipyard for more than its centenary history.

    A lot of work on modernization of the Shipyard slip was done before the tanker launching. Because of completed works the weight of launched vessels has increased up to 4 000 tons, and their length has reached 150 meters.

    The construction of the ship is being carried out in accordance with the State Contract for the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation. The project is developed by Spetssudoproect, JSC.

    Good snaps from the site. Posting it all coz I loved it.  Very Happy





    avatar
    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1034
    Points : 1049
    Join date : 2012-03-21

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  Dima on Mon May 30, 2016 3:51 pm

    For those who have info on these...

    Project 23130 (April 2014, Nevsky) and Project 23131 (Dec 2014, Zaliv) are both tanker projects and there was some reports of construction of Project 23131 having stopped at Zaliv shipyard in Kerch.

    So what had happened and what did I miss?  confused
    Is there still any project for tankers going on @ Zaliv?

    Laying down @ Zaliv
    http://www.kerch.com.ru/articleview.aspx?id=43298



    From the above article the 23131 spec quoted was 145 meters long with a beam of 24 meters, deadweight – 12,000 tons, which are from translated text.
    That deadweight looks misquoted (?), as the 23130 have a deadweight of 5,000t and 9,000t @ 7m draught to make up its 14,000t max displacement.

    Or is it a new larger tanker whose deadweight is 12,000t? In which case it translates into a tanker with more than 20,000 ton max displacement.

    For comparison, Indian Navy's newer Italian built fleet tanker (which used commercial standard steel, developed crack in hull in rough seas near Portugal during her voyage to India accompanying INS Vikramaditya) have an overall length of 175 meter, beam of 25 meter with a displacement of 27,000 tonnes maximum.

    Also, repeating a question that I had asked earlier. Does anyone have any info regarding what design Russia had submitted for Indian Navy's fleet tanker requirements?
    Or is it the 23131 that Russia offered?
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10114
    Points : 10608
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  George1 on Mon May 30, 2016 4:09 pm

    23131 i think is an improvement of 23130. Its bigger in length by 15m


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1034
    Points : 1049
    Join date : 2012-03-21

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  Dima on Tue May 31, 2016 2:48 pm

    Searched little more for any visual proof of the 23131 and I came across some from the Zaliv website. http://zalivkerch.com/
    Juoogle scums still do not show this website in the first 3 pages of search with any logical combination of words. They still show the banderstan website for Zaliv. http://www.zaliv.com/en/

    In the new Zaliv website there is no mention of the project, neither in the 7 pages of their news section that starts from Aug 2014.

    @7FBTK
    #russiannavy Two Project 23131 liquids/dry cargo tankers (L=145m B=24m) laid down at Zaliv Shipyard (Kerch) on Dec 26
    https://twitter.com/7fbtk/status/548777027424509953
    This one mentions 23131 with twin shafts.
    http://russianships.info/eng/support/project_23131.htm
    http://russianships.info/eng/support/project_23130.htm

    Ok edited the post which was based on my thoughts that the below pic was that of 23131....after visual confirmation I have come to the conclusion that its the project CF7200.

    So what happened with the 23131 after it was laid down at Zaliv, has it been cancelled??



    Combi – freighter project CF7200, 10 of which were built in 2007-2011.
    avatar
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4125
    Points : 4235
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:19 pm


    Oceanographic vessel "Almaz" laid down in Kaliningrad:

    http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/78833/




    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5364
    Points : 5409
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  Militarov on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:20 am

    "The Project 21180 diesel-electric lead ice-breaker Ilya Muromets, the first vessel of this class for the domestic Navy in 45 years, was floated out at the Admiralty Wharves Shipyard in St. Petersburg in northwest Russia, a TASS correspondent reports from the scene. The solemn ceremony is being attended by Chief of the Russian Navy Main Staff Vice-Admiral Andrei Volozhinsky, Head of the Defense Ministry’s State Defense Order Provision Department Andrei Vernigora and Admiralty Wharves CEO Alexander Buzakov. "Today, after a five-year break, we’re floating out a new vessel - a supply ice-breaker with large functional capabilities. Symbolically, the nuclear-powered ice-breaker Lenin was laid down at this slipway 60 years ago," Buzakov said.

    The Ilya Muromets was laid down on April 23, 2015. The vessel displaces 6,000 tons, has a sea endurance of 9,000 miles and can operate autonomously for 60 days. The ice-breaker’s crew will total 35. The Ilya Muromets is designed both for the ice-breaking functions and the capabilities of a sea-going tug and a patrol ship."










    Source: http://tass.ru/en/defense/881283

    avatar
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4125
    Points : 4235
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:19 am


    ^^^ Will this be used as basis for that Arctic Patrol Vessel? Size seems comparable.
    avatar
    Big_Gazza
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 581
    Points : 605
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:06 pm

    Militarov wrote:"The Project 21180 diesel-electric lead ice-breaker Ilya Muromets, the first vessel of this class for the domestic Navy in 45 years, was floated out at the Admiralty Wharves Shipyard in St. Petersburg in northwest Russia, a TASS correspondent reports from the scene. The solemn ceremony is being attended by Chief of the Russian Navy Main Staff Vice-Admiral Andrei Volozhinsky, Head of the Defense Ministry’s State Defense Order Provision Department Andrei Vernigora and Admiralty Wharves CEO Alexander Buzakov. "Today, after a five-year break, we’re floating out a new vessel - a supply ice-breaker with large functional capabilities. Symbolically, the nuclear-powered ice-breaker Lenin was laid down at this slipway 60 years ago," Buzakov said.

    The Ilya Muromets was laid down on April 23, 2015. The vessel displaces 6,000 tons, has a sea endurance of 9,000 miles and can operate autonomously for 60 days. The ice-breaker’s crew will total 35. The Ilya Muromets is designed both for the ice-breaking functions and the capabilities of a sea-going tug and a patrol ship."


    Just over 1 year build time? That sounds very quick for 6kT displacement vessel Very Happy It puts paid to the tiresome myth promulgated by our corrupt corporate MSM hacks that Russians can't build ships....
    avatar
    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3136
    Points : 3234
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  medo on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:11 am

    Big_Gazza wrote:
    Militarov wrote:"The Project 21180 diesel-electric lead ice-breaker Ilya Muromets, the first vessel of this class for the domestic Navy in 45 years, was floated out at the Admiralty Wharves Shipyard in St. Petersburg in northwest Russia, a TASS correspondent reports from the scene. The solemn ceremony is being attended by Chief of the Russian Navy Main Staff Vice-Admiral Andrei Volozhinsky, Head of the Defense Ministry’s State Defense Order Provision Department Andrei Vernigora and Admiralty Wharves CEO Alexander Buzakov. "Today, after a five-year break, we’re floating out a new vessel - a supply ice-breaker with large functional capabilities. Symbolically, the nuclear-powered ice-breaker Lenin was laid down at this slipway 60 years ago," Buzakov said.

    The Ilya Muromets was laid down on April 23, 2015. The vessel displaces 6,000 tons, has a sea endurance of 9,000 miles and can operate autonomously for 60 days. The ice-breaker’s crew will total 35. The Ilya Muromets is designed both for the ice-breaking functions and the capabilities of a sea-going tug and a patrol ship."


    Just over 1 year build time?  That sounds very quick for 6kT displacement vessel Very Happy   It puts paid to the tiresome myth promulgated by our corrupt corporate MSM hacks that Russians can't build ships....

    Yes, it seems Russian shipyards could build ships quite quickly. I think the main problem, that they build new corvettes and frigates that long is in new generation armament, sensors and electronic equipment with all those installations, tunings, testings, etc.
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 16069
    Points : 16760
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  GarryB on Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:05 am

    An of course unreliable foreign suppliers of engines and components...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    hoom
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 371
    Points : 373
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  hoom on Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:47 am

    That is fast.
    They seem to be getting a good number of auxiliaries online.

    Were the azipods built in Russia or imported?

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3817
    Points : 3872
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:49 am

    The Navy seems keen to keep this shipyard in work. The boat looks like an updated E-Boat from WW2.

    A contract for two boats of torpedolike the project 1388Н3 June 18th, 0:03 http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1968526.html

    As reported in the published annual report of OJSC "Sokolskaya Sudoverf" (Sokol'skoye, Nizhny Novgorod oblast) for 2015, the company in the reporting year, has signed a state contract for construction for the Russian Navy of two boats-torpedolab the project 1388Н3 (serial numbers 451 and 452) for delivery in 2018 and 2019, respectively.




    Boat torpedoman TL-1603 project 1388 Baltic fleet (C) www.arms-expo.ru

    Interestingly, these boats-torpedolike must be created on the basis of a draft 1388Н3 serially built on Sokolskaya shipyard boats communication, a project which he, in turn, is based on the boat design-torpedolike 1388 (the last was built for the Navy at Sosnovskoye shipyard from 1974 to 1990 in the amount of 39 units). Project 1388 (code "Cormorant") was developed by design Bureau "Vympel". We can assume that the phrase "on the basis of the project 1388Н3" means the use of imported engines (project 1388Н3 used Carterpillar diesel engines 3512В).

    In addition to the conclusion of the contract the two-boats-torpedolike, OJSC "Sokolskaya Sudoverf", according to its report, handed over in 2015, the Russian defense Ministry two ships-target project 436бис (factory numbers 020 and 021) and continued to build another communication boat project 1388Н3 (serial number 403). Military orders make up 99.8% of the production of the small shipyard (172 employees).

    Since 2006 the company has passed the Ministry of defense of Russia, eight of the target vessels project 436бис (with serial numbers for 014 021) and three communication boat project 1388Н/H3 (serial number 482, 401, and 402). In October 2014, was signed state contract for the supply of another three boats when the project 1388Н3 (factory room 403 at 405) for delivery in 2017-2019 years.
    avatar
    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1624
    Points : 1652
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:16 am

    JohninMK wrote:The Navy seems keen to keep this shipyard in work. The boat looks like an updated E-Boat from WW2.

    A contract for two boats of torpedolike the project 1388Н3 June 18th, 0:03 http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1968526.html

    As reported in the published annual report of OJSC "Sokolskaya Sudoverf" (Sokol'skoye, Nizhny Novgorod oblast) for 2015, the company in the reporting year, has signed a state contract for construction for the Russian Navy of two boats-torpedolab the project 1388Н3 (serial numbers 451 and 452) for delivery in 2018 and 2019, respectively.




    Boat torpedoman TL-1603 project 1388 Baltic fleet (C) www.arms-expo.ru

    Interestingly, these boats-torpedolike must be created on the basis of a draft 1388Н3 serially built on Sokolskaya shipyard boats communication, a project which he, in turn, is based on the boat design-torpedolike 1388 (the last was built for the Navy at Sosnovskoye shipyard from 1974 to 1990 in the amount of 39 units). Project 1388 (code "Cormorant") was developed by design Bureau "Vympel". We can assume that the phrase "on the basis of the project 1388Н3" means the use of imported engines (project 1388Н3 used Carterpillar diesel engines 3512В).

    In addition to the conclusion of the contract the two-boats-torpedolike, OJSC "Sokolskaya Sudoverf", according to its report, handed over in 2015, the Russian defense Ministry two ships-target project 436бис (factory numbers 020 and 021) and continued to build another communication boat project 1388Н3 (serial number 403). Military orders make up 99.8% of the production of the small shipyard (172 employees).

    Since 2006 the company has passed the Ministry of defense of Russia, eight of the target vessels project 436бис (with serial numbers for 014 021) and three communication boat project 1388Н/H3 (serial number 482, 401, and 402). In October 2014, was signed state contract for the supply of another three boats when the project 1388Н3 (factory room 403 at 405) for delivery in 2017-2019 years.

    Heap of trash would be an understatement,
    What were they thinking? Also Caterpillar engines angry

    Sponsored content

    Re: Auxilliary vessels, Special-purpose and minor naval ships

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:22 pm