Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    A little bit of artworks

    Share
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5672
    Points : 6321
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Viktor on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:26 pm

    I like the last drawing best Very Happy
    avatar
    Julia

    Posts : 48
    Points : 54
    Join date : 2010-11-15
    Location : Philadelphia Pa. USA

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Julia on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:37 pm

    Milk_candy_sugar..you are a wonderful artist! I know alot of artists from my old HS and I was always so envious of such a talent. I once had to draw a wombat for a class, and I thought I was close to going insane! I finally got to draw something that looked at least like an animal!...haha..but your art work is really very good. My Grandfather is an artist, and I have NONE of his wonderful talent. cry
    avatar
    milky_candy_sugar

    Posts : 399
    Points : 520
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 23
    Location : Switzerland

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  milky_candy_sugar on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:41 pm

    Julia wrote:Milk_candy_sugar..you are a wonderful artist! I know alot of artists from my old HS and I was always so envious of such a talent. I once had to draw a wombat for a class, and I thought I was close to going insane! I finally got to draw something that looked at least like an animal!...haha..but your art work is really very good. My Grandfather is an artist, and I have NONE of his wonderful talent. cry

    You know, it comes with training and observation. A bit of geometry too... When i was youngeri didn't drew that good also. I learned, and drew a lot. And asked people to give constructed criticism, and slowly, with time, i got better ^_^


    _________________
    avatar
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2180
    Points : 3072
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Vladimir79 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:10 pm

    Good to see new work. You are so talented. respekt
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16302
    Points : 16933
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  GarryB on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:50 am

    Wow....

    I like to scribble, but the art posted on this thread is impressive.

    I just don't have the attention to detail shown in the drawings posted... the hand drawn stuff... even the cartoons are impressive.

    Thanks for posting.

    You should contact your local paper and offer to do political drawings for a small amount of money every so often...

    Would be a good way to make your talent pay without the pressure of a regular deadline.

    Something like this:

    avatar
    IronsightSniper

    Posts : 454
    Points : 468
    Join date : 2010-09-25
    Location : California, USA

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  IronsightSniper on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:39 am

    Or start a blog. Razz
    avatar
    Julia

    Posts : 48
    Points : 54
    Join date : 2010-11-15
    Location : Philadelphia Pa. USA

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Julia on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:47 pm

    milky_candy_sugar wrote:
    Julia wrote:Milk_candy_sugar..you are a wonderful artist! I know alot of artists from my old HS and I was always so envious of such a talent. I once had to draw a wombat for a class, and I thought I was close to going insane! I finally got to draw something that looked at least like an animal!...haha..but your art work is really very good. My Grandfather is an artist, and I have NONE of his wonderful talent. cry

    You know, it comes with training and observation. A bit of geometry too... When i was youngeri didn't drew that good also. I learned, and drew a lot. And asked people to give constructed criticism, and slowly, with time, i got better ^_^

    I took art in school, and I did okay, but I think my perspective was something I was never to really get.lol. My gpop can ask.."what do you want me to draw?" and you can say anything, and there it is. I think some are just born with that natrual talent, hmmm..which brings me to wonder if I have any natrual talents...lol.
    I love art though. Just nobody I know will travel to town to the art museum (my favourite place)so I usually go when a group of old people get that together. geek
    avatar
    milky_candy_sugar

    Posts : 399
    Points : 520
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 23
    Location : Switzerland

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  milky_candy_sugar on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:26 pm

    GarryB wrote:Wow....

    I like to scribble, but the art posted on this thread is impressive.

    I just don't have the attention to detail shown in the drawings posted... the hand drawn stuff... even the cartoons are impressive.
    Thanks for posting.
    You should contact your local paper and offer to do political drawings for a small amount of money every so often...
    Would be a good way to make your talent pay without the pressure of a regular deadline.

    thanks a lot for your comment, Garry. I might consider doing so, bit tbh, i'm more interested in drawing historical, fantasy themes. or maybe i should draw comic strips for magazines...or become a part time illustrator for novels


    Julia wrote:

    I took art in school, and I did okay, but I think my perspective was something I was never to really get.lol. My gpop can ask.."what do you want me to draw?" and you can say anything, and there it is. I think some are just born with that natrual talent, hmmm..which brings me to wonder if I have any natrual talents...lol.
    I love art though. Just nobody I know will travel to town to the art museum (my favourite place)so I usually go when a group of old people get that together. geek
    .

    Use your imagination. You can start off with drawing novel characters, Imaginary scenes from books, people...and after some time, it comes naturally


    _________________
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16302
    Points : 16933
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  GarryB on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:07 am

    thanks a lot for your comment, Garry. I might consider doing so, bit tbh, i'm more interested in drawing historical, fantasy themes. or maybe i should draw comic strips for magazines...or become a part time illustrator for novels

    There is a whole world of demand for historical and fantasy stuff.

    When I was a kid (before home computers) there were gamebooks where you could read a short section and then got a few choices... each choice leading to a different numbered section which carried on the story. My favourite was called Lone Wolf because each book could be read as a single story, but all the books could be read in order in one big epic story and you could carry on your statistics and abilities and equipment through the various stories.

    The main reason I enjoyed them was the drawings of monsters and fantastic places.

    What I am trying to say is that there are magazines like "White Dwarf" that publish fantasy art, and I am sure there are authors of Historical books and articles that would want their wares illustrated. Obviously start small, but if you enjoy it... make it pay. It is the best way to live... trust me.

    Obviously if it makes drawing boring or a chore for you then do something else... the secret to life is to find something you love doing and engineer a situation where you can earn a living from doing that. When what you love doing becomes something else then try to do that for a living instead. Smile

    Again... fantastic work. Smile
    avatar
    Hoof

    Posts : 77
    Points : 79
    Join date : 2011-01-06
    Age : 27
    Location : HAFB, UT

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Hoof on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:33 pm

    Here is a drawing of my character "Agroprom"
    avatar
    milky_candy_sugar

    Posts : 399
    Points : 520
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 23
    Location : Switzerland

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  milky_candy_sugar on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:34 am

    LOL! Very nice xD Your job?
    And where does the name comes from ??? S.T.A.L.K.E.R?


    _________________
    avatar
    Hoof

    Posts : 77
    Points : 79
    Join date : 2011-01-06
    Age : 27
    Location : HAFB, UT

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Hoof on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:48 am

    milky_candy_sugar wrote:LOL! Very nice xD Your job?
    And where does the name comes from ??? S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

    Yep, I drew it the other day = ) and yes... name comes from that game =) think it would match this character, since Agroprom means Agricultural Industry =) I'm getting back into habit of drawing colored pictures... I tend to draw black and white pictures a lot...






    avatar
    milky_candy_sugar

    Posts : 399
    Points : 520
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 23
    Location : Switzerland

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  milky_candy_sugar on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:21 pm

    Awesome! I love your style Very Happy


    _________________
    avatar
    Andy_Wiz

    Posts : 26
    Points : 36
    Join date : 2010-10-12
    Location : South-West Fringe of the Empire

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Andy_Wiz on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 pm

    Wow...Embarassed Amazing art milk_candy_sugar! I bow to your talent young lady. Shocked
    avatar
    milky_candy_sugar

    Posts : 399
    Points : 520
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 23
    Location : Switzerland

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  milky_candy_sugar on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:21 pm



    Nazi SS officer...pencil. Wanted to do the big bad guy



    And after aquarelle ^^ Took the pic from my iphone so sorry for the low quality


    _________________
    avatar
    milky_candy_sugar

    Posts : 399
    Points : 520
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 23
    Location : Switzerland

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  milky_candy_sugar on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:24 pm



    Cool viking-is dyood...



    ^_^ Elf master



    THis one looks kinda messy...plus, my scanner is down, so this is taken from my Iphone



    Close up on the hand...





    Annndd to end it, a Russian!



    Was just tooo boreeed in class....


    _________________
    avatar
    milky_candy_sugar

    Posts : 399
    Points : 520
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 23
    Location : Switzerland

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  milky_candy_sugar on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:25 pm

    annnnd i do portraits on requests, if you guys want any, just send my your pictures and you'll get it done


    _________________

    Austin

    Posts : 6233
    Points : 6639
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Austin on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:23 pm

    milky_candy_sugar really nice and impressive bit of work.

    Hoof good stuff.

    I really admire your talent and passion , Hats off to you Lady.
    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1170
    Points : 1329
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 am

    My first take on concept art:


    avatar
    macedonian

    Posts : 1082
    Points : 1117
    Join date : 2013-04-28
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  macedonian on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:48 am

    You kids are good, but PLEASE remember:

    Art is 1% talent, and 99% work!
    Good job, anyway.
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2152
    Points : 2255
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    A little bit of artworks

    Post  higurashihougi on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:43 am

    Russian Federation





    China


    Sorry for the poor quality... I cannot draw the Chinese Dragon

    Vietnam



    avatar
    Mike E

    Posts : 2763
    Points : 2813
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:04 am

    They look good, and you "made" these?Very Happy
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2152
    Points : 2255
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  higurashihougi on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:18 am

    Mike E wrote:They look good, and you "made" these?Very Happy

    Ah... yes. Thanks.

    These are quite old works, and I have already posted it somewhere else in different nickname.
    avatar
    Mike E

    Posts : 2763
    Points : 2813
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:20 am

    higurashihougi wrote:
    Mike E wrote:They look good, and you "made" these?Very Happy

    Ah... yes. Thanks.

    These are quite old works, and I have already posted it somewhere else in different nickname.

    Well then, good job!

    That is fine, I doubt anyone here on RMF has seen them before.
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2152
    Points : 2255
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  higurashihougi on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:29 am

    Finally, managed to draw a Chinese dragon.

    Not very beautiful though


    Sponsored content

    Re: A little bit of artworks

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:43 pm