Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Su-30SM for VMF

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13789
    Points : 14282
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  George1 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:22 pm

    More Su-30SMs (8 till now) are expected this year for BSF

    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/2714640&usg=ALkJrhgHxFA0944jNCeUOd2A27XFx-UMJA


    Russia to Replace All Su-24's With Su-30SM's in Black Sea Fleet by 2020


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160303/1035707898/crimea-su-30sm-su-24.html#ixzz41qVUlTJW
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1806
    Points : 1801
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  AlfaT8 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:47 pm

    George1 wrote:Russia to Replace All Su-24's With Su-30SM's in Black Sea Fleet by 2020[/b]

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160303/1035707898/crimea-su-30sm-su-24.html#ixzz41qVUlTJW

    How odd, wouldn't the SU-34 be the proper replacement, i get that the SU-30SM is a good all-rounder, but does it have the much vaunted SVP-24 targeting system??
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3640
    Points : 3724
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  medo on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:54 pm

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    George1 wrote:Russia to Replace All Su-24's With Su-30SM's in Black Sea Fleet by 2020[/b]

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160303/1035707898/crimea-su-30sm-su-24.html#ixzz41qVUlTJW

    How odd, wouldn't the SU-34 be the proper replacement, i get that the SU-30SM is a good all-rounder, but does it have the much vaunted SVP-24 targeting system??

    No, Su-30SM is better as it will replace both Su-24 and Su-27 in RuNAVY. Su-30SM doesn't have SVP-24 as it is upgrade kit, but its Fire Control Complex with GLONASS satnav is same capable in using free fall bombs from high altitude as SVP-24. In anti-ship role Su-30SM is no worse than Su-34, but in air combat it is far better.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8324
    Points : 8408
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:42 pm

    medo wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    George1 wrote:Russia to Replace All Su-24's With Su-30SM's in Black Sea Fleet by 2020[/b]

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160303/1035707898/crimea-su-30sm-su-24.html#ixzz41qVUlTJW

    How odd, wouldn't the SU-34 be the proper replacement, i get that the SU-30SM is a good all-rounder, but does it have the much vaunted SVP-24 targeting system??

    No, Su-30SM is better as it will replace both Su-24 and Su-27 in RuNAVY. Su-30SM doesn't have SVP-24 as it is upgrade kit, but its Fire Control Complex with GLONASS satnav is same capable in using free fall bombs from high altitude as SVP-24. In anti-ship role Su-30SM is no worse than Su-34, but in air combat it is far better.

    Well by the time they arrive in Navy they should switch to guided munitions anyway. Dumb bombs would be used up by then and Naval Aviation is more likely to use anti-ship missiles rather than bombs. Those are for the VKS.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4913
    Points : 4943
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 77
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Russia to Replace All Su-24's With Su-30SM's in Black Sea Fleet by 2020

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:42 am

    Russia to Replace All Su-24's With Su-30SM's in Black Sea Fleet by 2020


    http://sputniknews.com/military/20160303/1035707898/crimea-su-30sm-su-24.html

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 1028053372
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13789
    Points : 14282
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  George1 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:24 pm

    One Su-30SM delivered to Russian Navy

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2160364.html
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3241
    Points : 3273
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty next Su30SM

    Post  franco on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:40 am

    The next Su30SM is apparently ready for the Naval Aviation and is flying to Yeisk, the Naval Aviation Training Center. The writer suggests this aircraft will be the first for the Baltic Fleet squadron.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2257873.html
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3241
    Points : 3273
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  franco on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:42 pm

    Another Naval Aviation Su-30SM delivered with 2 more to follow shortly. Will make the unit in Crimea up to full squadron size;
    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2290633.html
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13789
    Points : 14282
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  George1 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:00 am

    So we will have 12 birds delivered to black sea fleet regiment and the first contracts will be fulfilled (5+7).

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13789
    Points : 14282
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  George1 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:53 pm

    Sukhoi-30SM fighter to join Baltic Fleet’s aviation in 2017

    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/917371
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13789
    Points : 14282
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  George1 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:18 pm

    First Su-30SM for Baltic fleet delivered!! russia Two more are expected before the end of the year

    Press service of the Baltic Fleet reported that "on December 8 at the airfield in Chernyakhovsk Kaliningrad region held a solemn meeting of the first Su-30SM, which will be part of one of the squadrons of the air base. In the framework of the state defense order in 2017 in the naval aviation of the Baltic Fleet planned delivery of several fighters of this type. " The report also says that the first fighter crews already were retrained for the Su-30SM at the Center for operational use and retraining of pilots of the Navy Naval Aviation in Yeisk.

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 201812

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2309685.html
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3241
    Points : 3273
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  franco on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:21 pm

    Four more Su-30SM's to Naval Aviation. Squadron of 12 aircraft complete for the Black Sea;

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2309685.html
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13789
    Points : 14282
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  George1 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:22 pm

    franco wrote:Four more Su-30SM's to Naval Aviation. Squadron of 12 aircraft complete for the Black Sea;

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2309685.html

    these four mentioned are the previoys delivered from November yes
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3241
    Points : 3273
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  franco on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:30 pm

    George1 wrote:
    franco wrote:Four more Su-30SM's to Naval Aviation. Squadron of 12 aircraft complete for the Black Sea;

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2309685.html

    these four mentioned are the previoys delivered from November yes

    According to the article this makes 7 for the navy and 10 to the air force this year.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13789
    Points : 14282
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  George1 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:32 pm

    franco wrote:
    George1 wrote:
    franco wrote:Four more Su-30SM's to Naval Aviation. Squadron of 12 aircraft complete for the Black Sea;

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2309685.html

    these four mentioned are the previoys delivered from November yes

    According to the article this makes 7 for the navy and 10 to the air force this year.

    exactly
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3640
    Points : 3724
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Northern fleet receive first two Su-30SM fighters with b/n 22 and 23.

    Post  medo on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:01 pm

    http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/88168/

    Northern fleet receive first two Su-30SM fighters with b/n 22 and 23.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13789
    Points : 14282
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  George1 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:22 pm

    medo wrote:http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/88168/

    Northern fleet receive first two Su-30SM fighters with b/n 22 and 23.

    Thank you Medo, with 2 two Su-30SM deliveries completed for 2016!

    279th Shipborne Fighter Aviation Regiment has the carrier fighters Su-33.
    I wonder what is the purpose of Su-30SM fighters there. Naval strike for protection of the base??

    Naval Aviation Su-30SM
    Black sea fleet: 12
    Baltic fleet: 1
    Northern fleet: 2

    Total: 15
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3640
    Points : 3724
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  medo on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:29 pm

    George1 wrote:
    medo wrote:http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/88168/

    Northern fleet receive first two Su-30SM fighters with b/n 22 and 23.

    Thank you Medo, with 2 two Su-30SM deliveries completed for 2016!

    279th Shipborne Fighter Aviation Regiment has the carrier fighters Su-33.
    I wonder what is the purpose of Su-30SM fighters there. Naval strike for protection of the base??

    Naval Aviation Su-30SM
    Black sea fleet: 12
    Baltic fleet: 1
    Northern fleet: 2

    Total: 15

    Northern fleet Su-30SM will do the job, which was meant for land based Su-33 fighters, but for which non modernized are not good at. Su-30SM will give air protection of Northern fleet bases and Mirmansk area and over the sea patrols between Murmansk, Novaya Zemlya island and Franz Joseph islands, where anti-ship missiles are the basic weapons. Modernized Su-33 would be perfect for this job, but non modernized are not as they don't have multi role radar with air to sea modes and could not carry anti-ship missiles.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13789
    Points : 14282
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  George1 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:15 am

    KALININGRAD, January 31. /TASS/. Pilots of the Baltic Fleet’s naval aviation have started practical fights to learn to operate advanced Sukhoi Su-30SM (NATO reporting name: Flanker-C) multipurpose fighter jets that entered service last December, Fleet spokesman Roman Martov said on Tuesday.
    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/928191
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13789
    Points : 14282
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  George1 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:42 pm

    MOSCOW, April 12. / TASS /. Two multi-purpose Su-30SM fighters will be transferred to the Naval Aviation of the Russian Navy in April. This was announced by Igor Dygalo, the representative of the Department of Information and Mass Communications of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation for the Navy.

    "In the last decade of April, two multipurpose Su-30SM fighters will be transferred to the Naval Aviation Navy as part of the rearmament of the assault aviation units and units." The ceremony will take place at the Irkutsk Aircraft Plant airfield, "said Dygalo.

    It is planned that by the state contract till the end of 2017 three more Su-30SM aircraft will be transferred to the Naval Aviation of the Navy.

    http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/4175198

    So 5 in total Su-30SMs for the Navy in 2017. Mark the number franco!
    avatar
    ATLASCUB

    Posts : 600
    Points : 610
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  ATLASCUB on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:24 pm

    Love the paint scheme. Looks more "professional". Air force scheme is yuck!

    Won't be long before these beauties start making the press buzzing American destroyers. Su-24s don't give anyone shivers, no offense. Now this shark....perfect for shock effect - the press will love it as well.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 3916
    Points : 3906
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  Isos on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:06 pm

    ATLASCUB wrote:Love the paint scheme. Looks more "professional". Air force scheme is yuck!

    Won't be long before these beauties start making the press buzzing American destroyers. Su-24s don't give anyone shivers, no offense. Now this shark....perfect for shock effect - the press will love it as well.

    There were pictures of US su-27 dogfighting a F-16 over the US desert, the F-16 was hard to see while the Su-27 was like a sun visible at very long distances. Their paint must really change and fast. The grey paint of the Rafale is the best IMO.
    avatar
    ATLASCUB

    Posts : 600
    Points : 610
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  ATLASCUB on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:37 pm

    Isos wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:Love the paint scheme. Looks more "professional". Air force scheme is yuck!

    Won't be long before these beauties start making the press buzzing American destroyers. Su-24s don't give anyone shivers, no offense. Now this shark....perfect for shock effect - the press will love it as well.

    There were pictures of US su-27 dogfighting a F-16 over the US desert, the F-16 was hard to see while the Su-27 was like a sun visible at very long distances. Their paint must really change and fast. The grey paint of the Rafale is the best IMO.

    Pretty sure those Su-27s have been repainted multiple times - highly likely in the U.S as well.
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3640
    Points : 3724
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  medo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:23 pm

    George1 wrote:
    MOSCOW, April 12. / TASS /. Two multi-purpose Su-30SM fighters will be transferred to the Naval Aviation of the Russian Navy in April. This was announced by Igor Dygalo, the representative of the Department of Information and Mass Communications of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation for the Navy.

    "In the last decade of April, two multipurpose Su-30SM fighters will be transferred to the Naval Aviation Navy as part of the rearmament of the assault aviation units and units." The ceremony will take place at the Irkutsk Aircraft Plant airfield, "said Dygalo.

    It is planned that by the state contract till the end of 2017 three more Su-30SM aircraft will be transferred to the Naval Aviation of the Navy.

    http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/4175198

    So 5 in total Su-30SMs for the Navy in 2017. Mark the number franco!

    So this mean 22 Su-30SM in 2017. 17 for VKS and 5 for NAVY.
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3241
    Points : 3273
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  franco on Sun May 28, 2017 2:12 pm

    First two Su-30SM's for the Navy this year;

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2632515.html

    According to the article this makes 17 out of 28 delivered with 3 more scheduled for this year. Leaves 8 going into 2018.

    Sponsored content

    Su-30SM for VMF - Page 3 Empty Re: Su-30SM for VMF

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:11 pm