Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

TheArmenian

Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  TheArmenian on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:11 pm

A video from the front.
    The soldiers are saying that they hit those two tanks 2 days ago. They have not been moved since then.

Is the front one a T-90?
    What is the one behind it? it looks like a recovery vehicle???

Militarov

Post  Militarov on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:52 pm

TheArmenian wrote:A video from the front.
    The soldiers are saying that they hit those two tanks 2 days ago. They have not been moved since then.

Is the front one a T-90?
    What is the one behind it? it looks like a recovery vehicle???

Looks like T-72SIM2 Aslan to me.

In background its BTS-5B most likely.

AttilaA

Post  AttilaA on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:05 pm

The video date is 04.04.16, there is only 1 tank and no T-90. The hill which they are looking at are actually former Armenian positions. It's the same location where at least one Armenian T-72 was destroyed. Hard to tell what actually happened to the tank, while the recovery vehicle behind is intact. Footage from later date confirms that the tank has indeed been removed from where it's standing in the video.

AttilaA

Post  AttilaA on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:26 am

I'm repeating for the last time: This was limited in scope. The intention was never to advance deep into Karabakh. The goal was to capture heights from which Armenians fired on Azerbaijani settlements that were located below their positions. This came into agenda after Armenians had intensified their shootings on Azerbaijani settlements.

This video is from Talysh village and it clearly shows new Azerbaijani positions in the surrounding hills (part of Azerbaijani positions in north-east direction). Previous Azerbaijani positions were located at Tap Qaraqoyunlu, 8 km away from Talysh (Armenian positions were located just above Tap Qaraqoyunlu). So Armenians can continue talking about "200 meters" as much as they want, yet now there is Azerbaijani positions looking directly into the village.

https://youtu.be/SFPe8ByXka4?t=1m20s

Last edited by AttilaA on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:47 am

AttilaA wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Oy Vey...

The discussion was on the assets that could fire the LAHAT as you pointed out that instead of Harops, Lahats (and Spike) were used. Which I opined that a part from Mil24G, i saw little other means to deliver them. And that the 24G had been shot down the same.

Militarov said that some Mil 171's were converted into Lahat capability. I added then that the Mil 171 (Mil 17) was even more at danger.

Now after all this you come here and stutter some bullshit about Mil Mi 35M...yeah, big deal for an OSA crew.  

Holy F*ck, I don't need to circumstance, because the system used to down the big boy would probably down ANY helicopter. It's NOT a MANPAD. I can guarantee you that.

I draw a conclusion based on how the Azeris used what you claim as an overwhelming upper hand militarily (financially) AND the surprise effect. So which is it? Was this limited? And those 18 AFV's lost were lost in a vacuum? Or is it that those AFV's were picked off because of the tactical shortcomings of the Armenian military? Which I mentioned (static lines, non camo, skirmish mentality).

If for all that expense you're still at the same point (No one gives a fuck about your NKR claims and you can't even play the UN card as you initiated this round of fighting) cui bono? Ans I also underlined what is going to happen once your guys are at contact...you're going to get bogged down and no amount of UAV/S is going to save your guys.

What kind of logic is that? As I said this was limited in scope, in terms of forces involved and targeted assets. A single helicopter was brought down and you're talking as if Azerbaijan involved most of its assets and it "failed". That's why an actual war would have looked very different and that's what you don't understand, the intention was never to advance deep into Karabakh. The goal was to capture heights from which Armenians fired on Azerbaijani settlements that were located below their positions. This came into agenda after Armenians had intensified their shootings on Azerbaijani settlements.

This video is from Talysh village and it clearly shows new Azerbaijani positions in the surrounding hills (in fact only part of Azerbaijani positions in north-east direction). Previous Azerbaijani positions were located at Tap Qaraqoyunlu, 8 km away from Talysh (Armenian positions were located just above Tap Qaraqoyunlu), so Armenians can continue talking about "200 meters" as much as they want, yet now there is Azerbaijani positions looking directly into the village.  But that's not even the point. The point is that Azerbaijani settlements are now secure from Armenian shootings.

https://youtu.be/SFPe8ByXka4?t=1m20s

Shall we really go there? In a limited scope, with granted more preparation, Russian battalions went through the rear of the Ukrianian armored forces on Novoanovka. Within 48 hours they had reduced to smothering hulks about two battalions worth of Tanks, about the same worth of IFV's/APC's and caused enormous damage. And that too wasn't war. It was a relief movement to clear the path for Novoazovsk.

It's really funny when people pretend they don't understand. Armenian troops at the line got beat because they didn't expected to actually have a movement on them outside the numerous skirmishes so far. While this move to me wasn't some let's capture heights so they will not shoot on our settlements anymore, but rather a proof of concept. That a single helicopter or three or ten were to be brought down, this also means (as I said) that there's little to fear for the Armenians from the sky, that isn't a suicide drone (and even them, they've apparently used OSA to shoot down a Harop/Harpy).

I'm expressing myself as an unbiased oberserver here? What's the point of such an escalation since basically the shootings from Armenian troops will simply be renewed, with heavier assets.

Also, for a "preventative" maneouvre those couple of old people we saw dead and allegedly mutilated, are kinda counter productive.

I stand by my views. If Azerbaijan loses that much hardware from a dry-kick, I can't fathom what would happen in a more messy and target heavy environment. Also I repeat, shooting down your own drone, which was probably the organic drone of the unit, looks really, really iffy for people who train with drones everytime that is.

Also, I didn't reacted the first time, but Azerbaijan has only Spike LR declared from SIPRI. So basically it's a ~4km system, with the parabolic curve that means that the real range is basically somewhere between 3500 and 4000 m. Very difficult to not see the launch point of the said missile especially at night. So how after the first strike from Spikes, the Armenians didn't react?
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian on Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:54 am

Uberpatriotismus Collossus
    Butthurtus Maximus
    Militarov

Post  Militarov on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:20 pm

I wonder...

AttilaA

Post  AttilaA on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:52 pm

And?

I mean you might want to look at yourself, a Serbian who has been religiously "defending" one side here through countless posts. A weird "effort", I must say. Laughing

So I pointed out the misinformation there, so what? BTW, I had read his tweets before, but didn't bother. In any case, nothing that should concern you. I have been on twitter for a long time and I'm sure you checked out the "activity". So really, what is it even supposed to mean? Smile

TheArmenian wrote:Uberpatriotismus Collossus
    Butthurtus Maximus

It wouldn't be as ridiculous if it didn't come from you.
    Militarov

Post  Militarov on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:46 pm

AttilaA wrote:And?

I mean you might want to look at yourself, a Serbian who has been religiously "defending" one side here through countless posts. A weird "effort", I must say. Laughing

So I pointed out the misinformation there, so what? BTW, I had read his tweets before, but didn't bother. In any case, nothing that should concern you. I have been on twitter for a long time and I'm sure you checked out the "activity". So really, what is it even supposed to mean? Smile

Butthurtus Maximus

Why would i have too look at myself exacly? And how does my nationality reflects on this conflict exacly? And... where and how in this threat did i exacly "religiously defended" one side, and which side that would be? Fact is that you know very little about combat judging by majority of your posts so i am not sure if you expected me to agree on all your BS or what... I am famous for being very neutral on this forum, you can ask around.

Also i would like you to show me exact post where i did so. Ty in advance.

Oh you know what its supposed to mean.
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:01 am

Militarov wrote:
    AttilaA wrote:And?

Butthurtus Maximus

Why would i have too look at myself exacly? And how does my nationality reflects on this conflict exacly? And... where and how in this threat did i exacly "religiously defended" one side, and which side that would be? Fact is that you know very little about combat judging by majority of your posts so i am not sure if you expected me to agree on all your BS or what... I am famous for being very neutral on this forum, you can ask around.

Also i would like you to show me exact post where i did so. Ty in advance.

Oh you know what its supposed to mean.

It's the Teflon Don Azeri variant. Given total blackout, we won't know in short term what exactly were the Azeri losses.

AttilaA

Post  AttilaA on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:20 am

I don't have a nearly 4 thousand comments on a forum over span of a year, so I wouldn't know.

Yeah, because it's me being an armchair general here and making embarassing comments.

"Butthurtus maximus", is the only thing I can say.
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:25 am

AttilaA wrote:I don't have a nearly 4 thousand comments on a forum over span of a year, so I wouldn't know.

Yeah, because it's me being an armchair general here and making embarassing comments.

Lol, it's one of those things...I only comment at RD.net, I've seen you comment in at least 4 platforms, It's really easy to count. So yeah I'm armchair leading this, but it ain't me who uses data blackout to claim everything is fine. Also what's wrong with actually making this place live? Militarov does his job and moves on.

Anyhow, typical Super Patriot Mentality. I hope you're going to find peace some day.
    Grazneyar

Post  Grazneyar on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:20 pm

There isn't much to guess at here. When dealing with the mentality of the the Azeri's it obvious what they intend, you can judge by their action's. When the bodies were exchanged many of the Armenian soilders were tortured and mutilated, they were murdered by islamist filth. This has been independently verified by observers at the exchange who examined the bodies prior to exchange.

Genocidal maniacs who want to drive Armenians from their homes and land, who have attacked civilians, would take everything they can. They managed to take one outpost of little strategic importance. This clearly shows that Armenian defense was effective and the Azeri assault floundered. The use of drones to identify armour prior to engangement meant they had the element of surprise and were able to take out targets with drones.

The diplomatic fallout for the Azeri side now means no negotiations are possible, how do you deal with maniac head choppers ? This has been an utter failure on all fronts. No worthwhile land gain occured, diplomacy has been set back decades or longer. The islamists would have killed everyone they could get their hands on and taken every inch of land they could hold. They got nothing of any note, it is safe to say that any losses would be denied and are clearly very high. The vast majority of troops and equipment sent in were lost or ran away, no other narrative makes any sense. Azeri apologists are not fooling anyone.
    Militarov

Post  Militarov on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:21 pm

AttilaA wrote:I don't have a nearly 4 thousand comments on a forum over span of a year, so I wouldn't know.

I am not general but staff seargent actually.
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:49 am

Interesting video.
    From 2:25 on Armenian artillery versus Azerbaijani tanks.

Can anyone identify the type of tank the Azeris have? T-90 or T-72?

Militarov

Post  Militarov on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:01 am

TheArmenian wrote:Interesting video.
    From 2:25 on Armenian artillery versus Azerbaijani tanks.

Can anyone identify the type of tank the Azeris have? T-90 or T-72?

Abit too far to spot for sure, but i think its T72 Aslan.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:14 am

How about we stop with the psychological evaluations and just discuss the topic at hand.

Everyone is a little bias in this thread, there is little value in denying it.

This is an opportunity where you have members from both sides of the situation here discussing things... something you never get in western media... take the opportunity and behave, or I will lock the thread and ban a few people for a week so they can think about how to play nicely with others.

GarryB

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx on Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:10 am

Demonstrations in Yerevan: Do Armenians Really Hate Russia? http://journal-neo.org/2016/04/27/demonstrations-in-yerevan-do-armenians-really-hate-russia/

This part is very correct:
    When an acclaimed publication such as National Interest comes out with the statement that “Something should be said about Russia’s motives and its ambitions in the region, as well as the widespread belief on social media in Azerbaijan that, somehow, the Kremlin is behind the recent crisis,” alarm bells start ringing. If Azerbaijanis are blaming The Kremlin, rather than the Armenians, and now Armenians are demonstrating against Russia too both sides allegedly have a common enemy, rather than the common friend they have in arms and economic practice. This would make it possible for the West to resolve the Karabakh problem by reorienting the two sides to fight together against Russia, sharing their resources in Karabakh for this purpose, but on the West’s own terms, of course.
    http://journal-neo.org/2016/04/27/demonstrations-in-yerevan-do-armenians-really-hate-russia/

If both sides are blaming Russia, then why are they fighting each other?
    Grazneyar

Post  Grazneyar on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:54 am

Alot of 'protests' are funded by the usual suspects via NGO's. If someone followed the money trail and found Nuland/Soros etc... was the primary funder of the protest groups I wouldn't be surprised. I doubt that Armenians with any sense would do this, paid aggitators makes more sense. Nothing is impossible but the US/Israel angle is most likley, they are behind the mess in Syria/Ukraine and will back anyone to destabalise countries they can't control.
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:09 am

Grazneyar wrote:Alot of 'protests' are funded by the usual suspects via NGO's. If someone followed the money trail and found Nuland/Soros etc... was the primary funder of the protest groups I wouldn't be surprised. I doubt that Armenians with any sense would do this, paid aggitators makes more sense. Nothing is impossible but the US/Israel angle is most likley, they are behind the mess in Syria/Ukraine and will back anyone to destabalise countries they can't control.

Just like everybody else, we have our share of 5th columnists, traitors and paid "activists".

However, we are off-topic.
    Militarov

Post  Militarov on Wed May 04, 2016 8:15 pm

Militarov

Post  Militarov on Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 am

Karabakh MOD: "Azerbaijan's army military installations in close vicinity to their populated areas, violating Geneva Convention."

George1

Post  George1 on Fri May 06, 2016 2:30 am

I am afraid that "Pandora's box" maybe will be opened..

Armenian government approves draft law on recognizing Nagorno-Karabakh

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/world/874041

George1

Post  George1 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:49 am

Russian, Azeri, Armenian leaders agree to continue trilateral contacts

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/world/883596

marat

Post  marat on Mon May 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Azerbaijan claims that they have destroyed Armenian OSA sam

Video of hit:

https://caucasus.liveuamap.com/en/2017/15-may-azerbaijan-armed-forces-destroyed-an-armenian-9k33

Do not know if legit.

EDIT:

Karabah MoD statement>

https://twitter.com/Karabakh_MoD/sta...92406366941185

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:50 am