Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+33
Kiko
marcellogo
Isos
Hole
lyle6
franco
flamming_python
Vann7
The-thing-next-door
PhSt
dino00
Fulcrum-35
George1
Project Canada
victor1985
jhelb
kvs
GunshipDemocracy
Morpheus Eberhardt
collegeboy16
higurashihougi
Werewolf
Regular
magnumcromagnon
KomissarBojanchev
Corrosion
Mr.Kalishnikov47
nightcrawler
brudawson
GarryB
sepheronx
solo.13mmfmj
Admin
37 posters

Russia's Future Technology Weapons

KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Russia's Future Technology Weapons - Page 2 Empty Re: Russia's Future Technology Weapons

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:27 pm

Are there any plans in the future for the russian army to use new armor suits with small motors to speeden up running or exoskeletons to lift heavy equipment?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Russia's Future Technology Weapons - Page 2 Empty Re: Russia's Future Technology Weapons

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:40 pm

New ballistic mask at 1:32? It looks like the face mask for Shredder, from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lol:

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:50 pm

MICH helmet at 1:16??? And that facemask would come in handy to special forces especially in assaulting situations.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:23 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:New ballistic mask at 1:32? It looks like the face mask for Shredder, from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lol:

In the last few seconds they are talking about that they are working on new transparent armor (bullet proof glass) for eyes on this helmets.

I don't know exactly how good aluminium glass also called ALON, which is just a very compressed aluminium sheet untill it becomes transparent.

But i think it could come handy for Special Operation Units, i don't think they will need such a thick ALON sheet to stop 12.7mm, the energy would most probably break their necks even if it wouldn't penetrate.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6eb_1374180030&comments=1
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Russia's Future Technology Weapons - Page 2 Empty Russian exoskeleton for infantry

Post  higurashihougi Sat May 02, 2015 9:23 am

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150429/1021513320.html

Russian armed forces are going to be equipped with mind-controlled exoskeletons which would massively increase the strength, endurance and effectiveness of a serviceman multiple times, enabling each soldier to carry up to 300 kilograms of personal gear.

The Russian Army is set to receive mind-controlled exoskeletons.

The wearable robots will be controlled by brain waves and will increase the strength and endurance of the serviceman wearing it by several times.

The device will also enable an officer to carry up to 300 kilograms with him.

“I think that in about five years we will introduce a neuroelectronic interface which will control the exoskeletons and artificial limbs through the electrical potential of a human brain,” said Head of Medical Equipment Development and Manufacturing department of Russia’s United Instrument Manufacturing Corporation, Aleksander Kulish.

The exoskeleton, he added, will allow the soldier to carry up to 200-300 kilograms of personal gear. The soldiers will be able to jump higher and farther as well as move and throw heavy objects.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Sat May 02, 2015 9:48 am

mind control is pushing it- just simple haptic feedback is enough.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat May 02, 2015 10:47 am

Russian start-up to clinically test first human exoskeleton
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat May 02, 2015 10:50 am

This one is a passive one.

Russia's Future Technology Weapons - Page 2 DKezDvJ
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Russia's Future Technology Weapons - Page 2 Empty Plasma Shield Τechnology

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun May 17, 2015 4:16 pm

I did not see any thread about future technologies, if there is pls advise where ot move post.

Plasma shield technology - to protect objects using a ¨shield¨is this a jurno fantasy or ... or a real stuff which is actually being in development that´s why is so silent about it?

If it is true then IMHO good way to protect ships or important objects. Maybe if used in upper layers atmosphere kinda of PGS ¨deflector shield¨ Smile

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 17, 2015 5:07 pm

The claims are a bit sensationalist in that video.

Let's look at the claim of plasma-facilitated aircraft speed increases. This is BS.

1) The only way it would work is because the plasma displaces the ambient air and
    has a lower density, but its pressure would still be the same in order to prevent the
    plasma bubble from imploding.

2) So the trick is lower density, but only locally around the aircraft. But the video
    talks about flying around the world in a few minutes. This is pure nonsense:

2(a) Low density aerodynamics require a complete redesign of any existing aerofoil.
    We already see this in the fact that no winged aircraft can fly above 22 km and
    only ballistic mode "flight" is possible (e.g. Mig-25 can reach 30 km). The boundary
    layer around the aerofoil gets progressively thicker as the density decreases. The
    wing shape of the U-2 and M-55 (Russian analogue) tells you where it is going.

2(b) You still need to displace the regular density air ahead of your plasma bubble. This
    costs energy and time.

The plasma bubble idea is very similar to Shkval gas bubble idea in water. Obviously you
    can gain something if you are talking about a missile. But as with the Shkval there is
    no free lunch and super fast travel in a fluid medium is not possible.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun May 17, 2015 5:27 pm

My apology i was not particular with my words enough. I meant shield for protecting planes, ships of stationary objects not for ¨bubbling cocoons¨.

I would be maybe skeptical wr to this but lately Boeing patented plasma shortwave protection
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun May 17, 2015 10:43 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:I did not see any thread about future technologies, if there is pls advise where ot move post.

Plasma shield technology - to protect objects using a ¨shield¨is this a jurno fantasy or ... or a real stuff which is actually being in development that´s why is so silent about it?

If it is true then IMHO good way to protect ships or important objects. Maybe if used in upper layers atmosphere kinda of PGS ¨deflector shield¨ Smile

I have seen reports on this more than twenty years ago. I think the idea is to focus energy with, let's say, a special "AESA" in a "wall-like" region in the air in front of the target, creating a "wall" of high-energy plasma in the target's path. The target hitting it, possibly asymmetrically, would get deflected/destroyed, possibly due to asymmetrical forces.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun May 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:I did not see any thread about future technologies, if there is pls advise where ot move post.

I have seen reports on this more than twenty years ago. I think the idea is to focus energy with, let's say, a special "AESA" in a "wall-like" region in the air in front of the target, creating a "wall" of high-energy plasma in the target's path. The target hitting it, possibly asymmetrically, would get deflected/destroyed, possibly due to asymmetrical forces.

Indeed this was topic of my original question. Especially interesting to me is usage in bombers (Tu-160M or PAK DA)  or ships (Leader? Gorshkov frigates?) fantastic maybe if not recent Boeing´s patent.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Tue May 19, 2015 10:48 am

The idea behind Plasma Technology is to harness electrical energy to stop or slow down the shock waves created by explosions, which can do just as much damage as shrapnel. This is precisely what Boeing is trying to do, as is evident from their patent

Boeing Patent

Boeing's plan is to marry a rapid explosion sensor with an arc generator to protect targets military targets like tanks, IFVs etc.

However, such as system is not feasible. For one,the system wouldn't be able to sustain a plasma shield for long due to the massive energy requirements, so it would have to be precisely timed to block any shock waves. Moreover, the energy from such a plasma burst would temporarily render the defenders helpless
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Tue May 19, 2015 10:16 pm

Can a incoming missile or something act like a faraday cage around a tesla coil? I mean just that lighting bolts would hit the incoming missile. Point is what would do to it? I think maibe because of hit will deviate.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed May 20, 2015 3:36 pm

victor1985 wrote:Can a incoming missile or something act like a faraday cage around a tesla coil? I mean just that lighting bolts would hit the incoming missile. Point is what would do to it? I think maibe because of hit will deviate.

Pls check 1:30 there is plasma shield at work against 152mm ammo.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:17 am

Unmanned KAMAZ has passed the first stage of testing in Naberezhnye Chelny landfill

http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20150604/1068237502.html

MOSCOW, 4 Jun — RIA Novosti/Prime. The first stage of testing of a prototype of an unmanned vehicle on KAMAZ chassis, confirming the work of all systems, was successfully completed on the site in Naberezhnye Chelny, the report said Cognitive Technologies, which together with "KAMAZ" and "VIST Group" implements the project.
    "Unmanned vehicle today able to independently control the gas and brake pedals, steering wheel and automatic transmission. These developments are proceeding in a regular mode", — commented the President of the company Cognitive Technologies Olga Uskova.
    Reportedly, the tests were conducted on a limited, closed territory h meters, the speed did not exceed 10 km/h In the near future tests will continue on one of the polygons of the emergencies Ministry in Moscow region, says the company. It is planned the development of a detection of the border of the road, road users, road signs, detour or stop in front of the obstacle, the movement in the column, and others.
    "Failover mode detection of the road and other elements of the traffic scene is one of the most critical elements of the test, since it deals with performance evaluation of artificial intelligence in their purest form, without the aid of any additional devices and appliances. And man, she sees and understands where the roadbed ends and begins the side of that road sign is different from the poster and what the person in front of you and not other, similar to the shape of the object," explains Uskova.

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Brain Wave: Russia Develops Mind-Controlled Equipment

http://sputniknews.com/science/20150608/1023074754.html
    So first Hollywood Mind Games now in Russia Smile

Electroencephalography, used widely in medicine, is said to be the basis for this technology.
    Do we really need a physical presence if the mind can be preserved? And how close are we to being able to transfer our consciousness to a computer?

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Russia has developed technology that allows equipment to be controlled by the mind, head of Russian Fund for Perspective Research Andrei Grigoriev said Monday.
    "We have a project called the ‘mind-computer’ interface, which has been demonstrated numerous times. Federal agencies have already shown interest in [acquiring] the know-how. We have received requests for the intellectual property rights and the results [of the research] to be transferred to them in accordance with the law," Grigoriev told RIA Novosti.

According to Grigoriev, at the moment the fund is working on correctly transferring the project.

In January, technology for controlling robots by means of electrical brain signals was demonstrated for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

So Armata controlled when I´am laying in bed with coffee with croissant? Smile

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Underground boat ready for testing

Siberian scientists have presented a prototype device for quick construction of tunnels under the ground, which can be used to build underground facilities in the combat zone, and the salvation of people under the rubble. It is called geohod. Underground boat ready for testing

As the director of Yurga Technological Institute of Tomsk Polytechnic University Andrei Efremenkov, the world is nothing like that, because all of the devices that operate under, acting on the boundary between media - air and solid. The very environment they were not involved. A geohod - a device that moves in a solid medium and uses it to create a so-called pressure effort to secure a longitudinal movement. While a prototype. It is a cylindrical body with a diameter of 3.2 meters. At the head of the unit is set rock cutting device on the periphery - screw and longitudinal elements that allow you to create crowd force. At the end of 2015 planned test geohoda. It is expected that the device will be manufactured in different versions for different purposes. "If the Emergencies Ministry, we are talking about the mobile sector, which can be quickly delivered to the disaster zone to rescue victims under the rubble. In the case of the military - a lining of communications. If you succeed, it will be a real breakthrough. Because this communication, and city tunnels, and other areas, "- said Efremenkov.

http://vpk-news.ru/articles/25785

so waiting for sub-ground torpedoes Smile

Artist vision
    Russia's Future Technology Weapons - Page 2 08-04
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:20 am

Smart and Deadly: Russia Develops Landmine With Nano Brain

Russian arms makers have come up with an all-new antipersonnel smart mine with an electronic brain, which rules out misfires and unauthorized handling, Russian media reported on Friday.

When activated the Medalyon POM-3 fires an explosive charge shooting out star-shaped metal fragments in a 360-degree horizontal arc while minimizing their effect outside the mine’s designated effective range.

What makes the Medalyon so special is its electronic brain, which rules out any premature explosion and unauthorized defusing.

The Scientific Research Institute of Engineering's director Igor Smirnov told Zvezda TV on Friday that even if the enemy is lucky enough to get hold of the POM-3 and is still alive alive afterwards, he will never be able to figure out how it works.The mine’s Russian-designed microchip is simply impossible to crack.

The head of the Institute’s department of munitions, mining and demining, Mikhail Zhukov, said that, thanks to the mine’s electronic brain, the time of its self-destruction can be remotely set, changed or canceled altogether.

The POM-3’s other unique advantage is its ability to distinguish soldiers from civilians and go off only when approached by someone who is armed.

The POM-3 smart mine has already passed field tests and will soon be shipped to Russia's armed forces.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151120/1030448901/russia-landmine-microchip.html#ixzz3s4p4Ossy
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:22 am

Can't Hide From Me: Russia to Develop Scanners That Can See Through Walls

Russian military engineers have developed a device that allows seeing through walls, Rossiyskaya Gazeta (RG) reported.

Paris is hosting the 19th Milipol Worldwide Exhibition of Internal State Security on November 17-20. According to the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC), Russia displayed 84 military equipment models at the military exhibition.

Among these military devices Russia showed two scanners that allow seeing through walls. One of them weighs only 0.6 kg and can see through the walls from the distance of 14 meters. The second wall-see-through-scanner is heavier (4.5 kg) but one could use it from the distance of 20 meters, RG said.

The scanners can detect not only movements of people, but also their breathing. No device showed the same characteristics previously.

Russia also showed devices that can detect crime-related burials, dig outs with weapons and even tunnels, RG said.

Furthermore, Russian manufacturers unveiled a device capable of remotely detecting potential suicide bombers.

"We have a device that can remotely detect a suicide belt called ‘Anker-R.' This prototype is capable of identifying the suicide belt on a person at a distance of five to six meters [16-19 feet]," YUTTA Chief Executive Vladimir Tkach told RIA Novosti on Thursday.

The gadget — a portable flat screen with wireless headphones — hunts down its target via an electromagnetic field emitted by the suicide belt's explosives.

Tkach noted that the device is unable to detect shell-less explosives inside the belts, but claimed that the majority of these belts use explosives to provide a maximum destructive capability.

Security arrangements at the event, a trade show to display weapons, armament and surveillance technologies marketed to governments for population control, were expanded following the November 13 coordinated terrorist attacks across several Paris venues that killed 129 and injured over 350.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151120/1030454686/see-through-scanners-milipol.html#ixzz3s4pdsQBt
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:31 am

^^ Real life wallhack russia
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:16 am

interesting but long read about robots, new ammo and perspective developments

Smart bullet sees the goal
    https://rg.ru/2016/07/19/sekretnaia-boevaia-tehnika-vpervye-proshla-ispytanie-uchebnym-boem.html

just a lil teaser:

We develop it based on the fact that in future wars soldiers will mostly fight, controlling robotic systems, and being from the field of battle at a safe distance.
    Let me explain. Outfit will be full with special devices enabling the exchange of information among all units of fighters and various robotic systems. Plans to create a single information field of combat.

Is the development of composite guns and new bullets with special armor-piercing long-range properties
    However, the war itself is unlikely to be a destiny of cars. Live soldiers in the battles of the future will still be present. Therefore, we also are working to create a breakthrough system of biomedical support of the military and provide them first aid on the battlefield.

New medical tools that are being developed with the assistance of our Foundation, is aimed at strengthening the endurance of a soldier. Go the quest for accelerated recovery after overloads. A very important question - an extension of the "Golden hour" - that period of time when the provision of medical care to seriously wounded soldier is able to save his life. The problem is solved for the accelerated healing of wounds. Has created a special gel that when applied them even on a deep wound, stop the bleeding, not able to develop sepsis and give the effect of anesthesia.  In the future, as we think, it is possible to resolve the issue even regenerate damaged organs.

There are works on the creation of robots, androids, able not only to evacuate the wounded from the fire, but assist directly in the field of surgical assistance.

When can we expect the first Russian quantum computer?

Andrey Grigoriev: Your question can be formulated as follows: are you ready to fulfill five-year plan in three years? Well, seriously, the Foundation conducts research on several areas for the development of electronic component base. This breakthrough research in the development of silicon-based electronics, and quantum computing and neuromorphic systems, and believe that radio Photonics.

Only with the help of quantum technologies can be opened new materials for the nuclear industry, pharmaceuticals, designed the mechanisms of nuclear reactions. We are actively engaged in this.

How will change gear for the Russian infantry?

Andrey Grigoriev: Now we are developing a new composite barrels , which are much lighter than usual. Created a fundamentally new family of bullets, for example, of two or more metals, with a special armor-piercing long-range properties. Designed intelligent scopes, advanced sniper rocket complex with a controllable bullet, and more.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:37 pm

More on the microbolometer scene:

Russia became the fourth country managed to create its own thermal imaging matrix

The company "Istok" and the Central Research Institute "Cyclone" (included in the holding "Russian Electronics") are engaged in the preparation of serial production "uncooled microbolometer detectors matrix" that form the basis of thermal imaging devices, according to the representative of the Research Institute Alexey Gorbunov.

According to him, "Russia became the fourth country in the world after the US, France and China, who managed to create their own thermal imaging matrix".

"Samples corresponding to the parameters to the world level. The country has established the production with the release of up to 10 thousand units per year ", -. Gorbunov said.

According to military expert in the field of armored vehicles, Sergei Suvorov, "thermal imaging camera - one of the most important parts of modern war machine, and unlike other sights imager is able to work in complete darkness and zero visibility."

"The imager includes not only die, but also an optical system, and the software is able to process and visualize on-screen image, including the detected target. Until recently, we purchased the French matrix Thales Catherine-FC and Sagem Matiz, based on which were created Thermal sighting system "Essa" for T-90 tanks and "Plisa" T-80 ", - he explained.

"Russia's sights with the same matrix were better than the French, - said the expert. - Since our country was better technology for manufacturing of lenses and software. "

"The equipment, produced in the country, it is not just the sights, this complex system as a weapon guidance and night driving techniques. That is, such systems allow to continue the movement of equipment, even if the armored car crew lost the opportunity to personally monitor the situation through the cockpit glazing "- said Suvorov.

Help the newspaper: "The production of domestic matrices could begin as early as 2010, but because of the" French "of the contract implementation of their own development is constantly postponed. Today, the Ministry of Defense is prepared to order not only thermal imaging systems for armored vehicles, but also sights for small arms and MANPADS, which just used uncooled microbolometer matrix receivers. So, for MANPADS "Igla" and "Willow" set sights "Mowgli" and "Mowgli-1." On the whole armor of "Almaty was", "Kurgan" and "Typhoon" and even ships will be put "Slingshot". "

Sensationalist title though, since Russia made Matrices before, but cooled ones (and no, I am not just speaking of the French kind, but one from Orion-ir).
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:15 am

Future is Here: Russian Army Already Uses Several Types of Laser Weaponry

http://sputniknews.com/military/20160802/1043869562/russia-laser-weapons.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 pm