Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Share

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:29 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:This is just too much I can't stop laughing long enough to breathe lol1 

    http://coub.com/view/2dyhi

    Link doesn't work.

    Edited: http://aloban75.livejournal.com/760639.html

    Strizh
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 135
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2014-05-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Strizh on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 pm

    The people should migrate from mp.net to this forum. Why do we need baseless discussion and anti Russian mods? Tell the people that they should move here write them PM's about this forum.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1956
    Points : 1963
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Regular on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:33 pm

    ^i can't get mp.net acc activated for years Very Happy I lurk, don't post.


    Ukrainian troops blocked in airport really deserve respect.


    I'm not so optimistic about rebel fighting ability...  No 
    I hope new commander will be better for Vostok. For their own good.

    Strizh
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 135
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2014-05-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Strizh on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:56 pm

    ^ They've already banned me 15 times fuck this forum and especially Hollis and other mods there. We need more ppl here!
    ______________________

    Why aren't you optimistic? Their task is not to take the airport this time.


    Greetings Strizh™

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3234
    Points : 3358
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Vann7 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:35 am



    Rebels needs Lazer guided missiles like...

    Krasnopol guided projectile

    Krasnopol (Weapon)

    Will allow Rebels to push the fascist army away of all their zones..
    Direct hits ,with 30km range .. destroying tanks ,artillery positions and bombing concentration of kiev troops
    will rout the fascist army in no time.


    Strizh
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 135
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2014-05-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Strizh on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:00 am

    Yes they simply need some support from Russia!!!

    zg18
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 872
    Points : 948
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  zg18 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:31 am

    Regular wrote:Ukrainian troops blocked in airport really deserve respect.

    That`s the point , they are blocked. Ukrainians made a tactical mistake by putting professional army forces (which are quite thin) to protect Donetsk and Lugansk airports , now at least those in Lugansk , want to get out but can`t and take severe beating. Airports are difficult to defend , easy to attack.

    mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 923
    Points : 983
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  mack8 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:33 am

    GarryB wrote:Have had a tidy up.

    Posts removed have gone here:

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t3259-russia-vs-us-military-and-economy-and-this-forum-isn-t-fair

    You can argue to your hearts content that the US could defeat a Russian intervention into the Ukraine with 1,000 tomahawks and 200 B-2s and that it all doesn't matter because this year Russian economic growth is 1% or less to the sky is falling anyway. :rolleyes:   :yawn:

    Thanks Garry, it was getting really off topic here.

    Now apart from "government" troops being blocked in the airport, any sort of summary of what happened in Donetsk and Lugansk in the last few days after the occupation of Slaviansk? Did artillery bombardaments continued daily? What is the rebels' situation?

    And yeah, i fully agree, considering how embarrassing and difficult for the "government" troops (starting with actually finding troops willing to fight-which seems to be mostly neo-nazis extremists) to make some gains against against poorly equipped and badly outnumbered insurgents, a russian intervention will make the ukrainian army fold in days (actually, not because of cowardice but because one can imagine many of them do NOT want to be cannon fodder for the US-installed puppets). Hell, it's possible some of them would have some scores to settle with neo-nazi scumbags and would welcome such an intervention.

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Cyberspec on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:55 am

    zg18 wrote:
    Regular wrote:Ukrainian troops blocked in airport really deserve respect.

    That`s the point , they are blocked. Ukrainians made a tactical mistake by putting professional army forces (which are quite thin) to protect Donetsk and Lugansk airports , now at least those in Lugansk , want to get out but can`t and take severe beating. Airports are difficult to defend , easy to attack.

    It depends on their supply situation.

    1 x An-26 landed during the last phony ceasefire, so I'm assuming they're cut off from further supplies. So unless they're relieved from the outside, they will run out of ammo and food....especially if they're under sustained pressure from the rebels.


    mack8 wrote:Now apart from "government" troops being blocked in the airport, any sort of summary of what happened in Donetsk and Lugansk in the last few days after the occupation of Slaviansk? Did artillery bombardaments continued daily? What is the rebels' situation?

    Strelkov sees a window of opportunity in the next week or so to destroy 3 surrounded pockets of junta troops. The 2 airports and a large group that is isolated in the southern sector of the front (along the Russian border).

    07/11/14. "In the coming days, the basic operation is the destruction of the  surrounded detachments   (two airports and the southern border.) Total number in the cauldrons is from 3 to 4 thousand enemy soldiers. destruction of these groups (and the chances are now greater than ever) will try to conclude as quickly as possible. A week later (after the rearrangement of the enemy) chances will be much less. Because there are some "rush." ​​What is encouraging - in every significant point of our present artillery fist. He in fact is the main "argument" in the unfolding battle. Accordingly, for any price junta should promptly relieve their surrounded by troops. If they will not succeed, then in addition to the great human loss (comparable to losses for the entire period of fights) troops junta risk leaving in the hands of militias big "trophies" of armored vehicles. that can fundamentally change the situation on the fronts, and is what we hope. "

    https://vk.com/strelkov_info?w=wall-57424472_6073

    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1523
    Points : 1686
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  TheArmenian on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:55 am

    The anti-Kiev forces are rapidly growing in strength. New weapons have recently appeared in their hands in ever increasing quantities. If they can get a large number of volunteers to quickly join their ranks, they should be able to hold off the expected Ukrainian assault on Donetsk and Lugansk. After a few weeks of failed UKrainian attempts, Poroshenko will have to come to the table and the conflict will most likely turn into a frozen one like Transdniestria and Karabagh. That is a possible outcome of this tragic situation.

    Anyways,
    I made a list of the heavy weapons and vehicles in possession of the rebels. I gathered the information from photos and video clips posted in various places.

    - There are at least 4 NONA self-propelled mortar artillery: 2 with Strelkov's Slavyansk forces that were brought to Donetsk and 2 more with the Vostok    battalion in Donetsk. Strelkov's ones have the "To Kiev" words stenciled on them, the Vostok ones don't have that.
    - T-64 tanks (unknown numbers) in various units both in Donetsk and Lugansk
    - 1 T54 tank and possibly a few WWII era tanks are being refurbished for action
    - BMP2 vehicles in unknown numbers in all units
    - Various BTR 60/70/80 vehicles in many units
    - Strelkov has one or 2 surviving BMD2, I have seen a few more with other units in Donetsk
    - 1 BM-21 Grad launcher was seen in a video clip in Lugansk
    - 1 D-30 howitzer was captured from the Ukrainian army
    - A number of Sani 120mm mortars
    - 1 Strela-10 (Sa-13) mobile SAM launcher in Donetsk
    - Various KAMAZ and Ural Trucks, some have been armoured
    - Many UAZ and other Jeeps and pickups.
    - Newly seen in Donetsk was a UAZ Patriot 4x4 pickup truck

    Other weapons include:

    - SPG-9 recoilless guns
    - Fagot, Konkurs and Metis ATGMs
    - PTRS 14.5mm anti tank rifle from WWII
    - AGS-17 grenade launchers
    - RPG-7/18/22/26
    - Utes .50 caliber machine guns
    - IGLA MANPADS

    fragmachine
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 124
    Points : 129
    Join date : 2014-05-28
    Location : Poland

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  fragmachine on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:02 am

    TheArmenian wrote:The anti-Kiev forces are rapidly growing in strength. New weapons have recently appeared in their hands in ever increasing quantities. If they can get a large number of volunteers to quickly join their ranks, they should be able to hold off the expected Ukrainian assault on Donetsk and Lugansk. After a few weeks of failed UKrainian attempts, Poroshenko will have to come to the table and the conflict will most likely turn into a frozen one like Transdniestria and Karabagh. That is a possible outcome of this tragic situation.

    Anyways,
    I made a list of the heavy weapons and vehicles in possession of the rebels. I gathered the information from photos and video clips posted in various places.

    - There are at least 4 NONA self-propelled mortar artillery: 2 with Strelkov's Slavyansk forces that were brought to Donetsk and 2 more with the Vostok    battalion in Donetsk. Strelkov's ones have the "To Kiev" words stenciled on them, the Vostok ones don't have that.
    - T-64 tanks (unknown numbers) in various units both in Donetsk and Lugansk
    - 1 T54 tank and possibly a few WWII era tanks are being refurbished for action
    - BMP2 vehicles in unknown numbers in all units
    - Various BTR 60/70/80 vehicles in many units
    - Strelkov has one or 2 surviving BMD2, I have seen a few more with other units in Donetsk
    - 1 BM-21 Grad launcher was seen in a video clip in Lugansk
    - 1 D-30 howitzer was captured from the Ukrainian army
    - A number of Sani 120mm mortars
    - 1 Strela-10 (Sa-13) mobile SAM launcher in Donetsk
    - Various KAMAZ and Ural Trucks, some have been armoured
    - Many UAZ and other Jeeps and pickups.
    - Newly seen in Donetsk was a UAZ Patriot 4x4 pickup truck

    Other weapons include:

    - SPG-9 recoilless guns
    - Fagot, Konkurs and Metis ATGMs
    - PTRS 14.5mm anti tank rifle from WWII
    - AGS-17 grenade launchers
    - RPG-7/18/22/26
    - Utes .50 caliber machine guns
    - IGLA MANPADS

    Im sure they have much more than that. They have alot of mortars and at least four D-30 been captured in the last days.

    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1523
    Points : 1686
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  TheArmenian on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:29 am

    TheArmenian wrote:The anti-Kiev forces are rapidly growing in strength. New weapons have recently appeared in their hands in ever increasing quantities. If they can get a large number of volunteers to quickly join their ranks, they should be able to hold off the expected Ukrainian assault on Donetsk and Lugansk. After a few weeks of failed UKrainian attempts, Poroshenko will have to come to the table and the conflict will most likely turn into a frozen one like Transdniestria and Karabagh. That is a possible outcome of this tragic situation.

    Anyways,
    I made a list of the heavy weapons and vehicles in possession of the rebels. I gathered the information from photos and video clips posted in various places.

    - There are at least 4 NONA self-propelled mortar artillery: 2 with Strelkov's Slavyansk forces that were brought to Donetsk and 2 more with the Vostok    battalion in Donetsk. Strelkov's ones have the "To Kiev" words stenciled on them, the Vostok ones don't have that.
    - T-64 tanks (unknown numbers) in various units both in Donetsk and Lugansk
    - 1 T54 tank and possibly a few WWII era tanks are being refurbished for action
    - BMP2 vehicles in unknown numbers in all units
    - Various BTR 60/70/80 vehicles in many units
    - Strelkov has one or 2 surviving BMD2, I have seen a few more with other units in Donetsk
    - 1 BM-21 Grad launcher was seen in a video clip in Lugansk
    - 1 D-30 howitzer was captured from the Ukrainian army
    - A number of Sani 120mm mortars
    - 1 Strela-10 (Sa-13) mobile SAM launcher in Donetsk
    - Various KAMAZ and Ural Trucks, some have been armoured
    - Many UAZ and other Jeeps and pickups.
    - Newly seen in Donetsk was a UAZ Patriot 4x4 pickup truck

    Other weapons include:

    - SPG-9 recoilless guns
    - Fagot, Konkurs and Metis ATGMs
    - PTRS 14.5mm anti tank rifle from WWII
    - AGS-17 grenade launchers
    - RPG-7/18/22/26
    - Utes .50 caliber machine guns
    - IGLA MANPADS


    UPDATE:

    A couple of BS-3 100mm anti-tank guns where seen in Krasnodon Lugansk today.Here is a fresh video from today:


    Strizh
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 135
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2014-05-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Strizh on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:25 pm

    Seems like the self defence forces inflicted heavy casualties to the Ukropi. With a grad volley they hit the enemy 30-50kia up to 100Wia

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  TR1 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:09 pm

    http://i.imgur.com/zEU2m8u.jpg

    Holy shit! Those massive casualties are believable!


    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:15 pm

    TR1 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/zEU2m8u.jpg

    Holy shit! Those massive casualties are believable!


    Ukrainian Army?

    etaepsilonk
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 717
    Points : 699
    Join date : 2013-11-19

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  etaepsilonk on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:35 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/zEU2m8u.jpg

    Holy shit! Those massive casualties are believable!


    Ukrainian Army?

    Yes.

    ----------------
    Situation of today:

    Strizh
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 135
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2014-05-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Strizh on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:38 pm

    Now they need to close the kettle and force the Ukr troops to surrender this would be a massive blow for them. I've seen photos from destroyed tanks how is this even possible from a Grad volley?



    etaepsilonk
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 717
    Points : 699
    Join date : 2013-11-19

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  etaepsilonk on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:43 pm

    Strizh wrote:I've seen photos from destroyed tanks how is this even possible from a Grad volley?

    Not sure why you ask, such destruction is entirely possible. It's quite easy to underestimate grad, but in good hands it's a DEADLY system.

    Back in the cold war african conflicts, at the time then grad was relatively new weapon and not known by many, it's usage was sometimes blamed on "some new fancy soviet WMD", such a game changer it was  Wink


    Last edited by etaepsilonk on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

    xeno
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 143
    Points : 148
    Join date : 2013-02-04

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  xeno on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:46 pm

    Oh, shit like a hell.
    Even T-72? How can Grad destroy T-72s like this?

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 pm

    xeno wrote:Oh, shit like a hell.
    Even T-72? How can Grad destroy T-72s like this?

    Direct hit, no other explenation.

    xeno
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 143
    Points : 148
    Join date : 2013-02-04

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  xeno on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:57 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    xeno wrote:Oh, shit like a hell.
    Even T-72? How can Grad destroy T-72s like this?

    Direct hit, no other explenation.
    Yes it should be an extremely lucky to have direct hit, as we know a 122mm explosive cannot dismantle a T-72B without a direct hit...
    Actually I suspect even a direct hit of a 122mm rocket cannot dismantle a T-72B...

    Strizh
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 135
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2014-05-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Strizh on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:01 pm

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8ff_1405072034

    Hitting Ukropi with mortars.

    Asf
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 488
    Points : 515
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Asf on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:02 pm

    It's T-64s

    As Sa'iqa
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 416
    Points : 352
    Join date : 2013-06-01
    Age : 22
    Location : Western Poland

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  As Sa'iqa on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:21 pm

    Reports of 80 killed and 500 wounded in the aforementioned barrage.

    2 T-64, 8 BTR-80 and up to 20 trucks destroyed.


    Last edited by As Sa'iqa on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3054
    Points : 3152
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  medo on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:22 pm

    There is no T-72 on the pictures, it's T-64 (look on wheels) tank. However there are at least 1 tanks and 3 BTRs destroyed and many trucks (maybe Grads between them). As I know Novorussian forces doesn't have a whole battery of Grads, but single one wouldn't do such destruction. I think they must hit a supply of ammo for whole brigade, which could make such devastation. Also Ukrainians parked whole brigade together in the open land, so they practically eliminate whole brigade.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:48 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:48 am