Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Georgia Μilitary: News and Modernisation

hoom

Re: Georgia Μilitary: News and Modernisation

Post  hoom on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:46 am

Also https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3362196.html
    I'm confused as heck by this scratch

Thats a great big presumably powerful radar but then just linked with a couple of trucks with manually operated twin 6km manpad launchers.
    Seems like a severe mismatch of capabilities.

Maybe there will be MICA later? Even then I'd say thats more radar than necessary.
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:06 am

hoom wrote:Also https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3362196.html
    I'm confused as heck by this scratch

Thats a great big presumably powerful radar but then just linked with a couple of trucks with manually operated twin 6km manpad launchers.
    Seems like a severe mismatch of capabilities.

Maybe there will be MICA later? Even then I'd say thats more radar than necessary.

Yes I also speculate MICAs will be added. There were apparently 4 deals in total. 3 regarding the acquirement of air defence systems. The first being the delivery of GM-200 / 400 radars, which are indeed quite capable and cover a great radius. The second deal is the delivery of short range systems and I suppose the third deal is medium and possibly even long range systems. But I'll take a wild guess and assume latter depends entirely on funding and loans. Fourth deal is rumored to be anti-tank systems. But that could have been confused with the already acquired Javelins. But who knows, maybe there are plans to also buy Milans.

BUt then agian, it would not surprise me if none of this was actualy properly thought out and the Georgian gov was just like 'buy anything you can afford but it must be Western'. Only Time will tell.
    George1

Post  George1 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:53 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:27 pm