Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Assault Rifles / Machine Guns: Discussion

Gunfighter-AK
    Private
    Private

Re: Russian Assault Rifles / Machine Guns: Discussion

Post  Gunfighter-AK on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:01 am

Does anybody know what kind of Picatinny-mounted rear iron sight is on the AK-12 / AK-400? The one that was used in the recent event.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:40 am

Gunfighter-AK wrote:Does anybody know what kind of Picatinny-mounted rear iron sight is on the AK-12 / AK-400? The one that was used in the recent event.

RPK-style detachable IRS.

It's supposed to be spring loaded, but I really doubt it, it just looks tightened up.

There's a PBS-1 sight that was developed for export.

http://s206.photobucket.com/user/phreakmode/media/EE/_DSC0135.jpg.html

Gunfighter-AK
    Private
    Private

Post  Gunfighter-AK on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:28 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Gunfighter-AK wrote:Does anybody know what kind of Picatinny-mounted rear iron sight is on the AK-12 / AK-400? The one that was used in the recent event.

It's supposed to be spring loaded, but I really doubt it, it just looks tightened up.

I'm looking for the entire mount that the leaf is in, as well. I really would like to know if and where one can be individually purchased. Quite honestly, it would be a big hit in the U.S. considering the Texas Weapon Systems Dog-Leg railed top-cover mounts that replace the old sight leaf entirely. You lose the range [and windage, if using an RPK leaf] adjustment by mounting it to the trunnion.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Gunfighter-AK wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

I'm looking for the entire mount that the leaf is in, as well. I really would like to know if and where one can be individually purchased. Quite honestly, it would be a big hit in the U.S. considering the Texas Weapon Systems Dog-Leg railed top-cover mounts that replace the old sight leaf entirely. You lose the range [and windage, if using an RPK leaf] adjustment by mounting it to the trunnion.

Mount is made by Izhmash, and as such you can't exactly import it to the US. So try and see if it's possible to have it in Europe and then have some one trace it to you in America.

Arctic_Fox
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  Arctic_Fox on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:35 pm

In Alabino range presented new developments of the Russian defense industry for the Army:
    http://www.1tv.ru/news/2016/09/29/310947-na_poligone_v_alabino_predstavili_novye_razrabotki_rossiyskoy_oboronnoy_promyshlennosti_dlya_suhoputnyh_voysk

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Great catch AF.

Arctic_Fox
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  Arctic_Fox on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:45 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Great catch AF.

Thank you Very Happy

So... no more prototypes, i must say i really miss some features of the "old AK 12", can't believe that they gave up like that

A545 looks pretty awesome, i'm just not a fan of the buttstock.

BTW what do you think about these holographic sights?

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Arctic_Fox wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Great catch AF.

Thank you Very Happy

So... no more prototypes, i must say i really miss some features of the "old AK 12", can't believe that they gave up like that

A545 looks pretty awesome, i'm just not a fan of the buttstock.

BTW what do you think about these holographic sights?

The Valdai VPK-210/230 look as good as anything for brief engagements and short term deployments. But I'm very concerned with the log strain they will build (they work on batteries) for permanent use. The Obzor option the Russian forces have for now looks far superior from that point of view. But it's ok, testing will help get the product better.

A545 can be retro-fitted with the KK stock they shown on he SVK rifle. That would be amazing.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:42 am

I would suspect with all their new gear Ratnik 3 operators will need lots of batteries and a charging plugin station on the vehicle that transports them around in combat...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:51 pm

GarryB wrote:I would suspect with all their new gear Ratnik 3 operators will need lots of batteries and a charging plugin station on the vehicle that transports them around in combat...

The plugin station for BMS and TBMS is normal, but here we're speaking of disposable batteries, which are a PITA. While with self-illuminated systems you gain both sustainability and performance over the opposing forces.

Arctic_Fox
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  Arctic_Fox on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:46 am

AN-94:

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:37 am

Arctic_Fox wrote:AN-94:

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:28 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:

???

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:40 am

They said the Abakan is to heavy, to to complex, the iron sights are horrible for the field because if you drop it or have to pass through mud the diopter sight will be closed with mud and the operator has no chance to use it properly and needs to start cleaning it before using any aimed shots. Professionals had disambled it and took over 20 minutes while an ak has about less than 1 minute to do the same. Overall shooting is nice feature of the first two bullets coming out with 1800 rpm which have low spread and will hit same object while the rpm after that slows down to the same as AK and the grouping is similiar to the AK. Overall it lost to the AEK.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:16 pm

I still can't believe they watered down AK-12 No
    What a shitshow

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:07 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

???

They were mean with my feelings. How dare them think this weapon is on par with the AK accuracy wise. On single shots and two-round bursts the rifle is way better, but all the rest is true.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Regular wrote:I still can't believe they watered down AK-12 No
    What a shitshow

I told y'all, but I hope they will keep trying to make it work. That MA rifle though.

Benya
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Benya on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:20 am

Technical info about this compact Kalashnikov assault rifle

MA Kalashnikov Compact Assault Rifle 5.45 x39mm caliber

• Description

The MA Kalashnikov is the new compact assault rifle 5.45mm caliber developped and designed by the famous Russian firearms manufacturer Kalashnikov Group. A prototype of this weapon was presented for the first time to the public during the International Military Technical Forum, Army 2016, which was held near Moscow in the Patriotic Parc expocenter from the 6 to 11 September 2016. The The Kalashnikov MA compact assault rifle is an initiative development of Kalashnikov Group. It is intended as a Personal Defense Weapon for military vehicle and crew-served weapons crews, as well as a lightweight CQB weapon for Special Forces. The weight of MA Kalashnokov is only 2.5 kg without magazine. This new assault rifle is more lighter than a standard submachien gun 9mm caliber.

• Technical Data

-Armament

The MA Kalashnikov is based on plastic contsruction, only the barrel and some inside parts are made of metallic material. Design of the 5.45mm Kalashnikov MA compact assault rifle uses the most modern materials and ergonomic features. Unlike traditional Kalashnikov assault rifles, MA has an inverted-U shaped compact steel receiver which hosts bolt group. This ensures that integrated Picatinny rail at the top is always properly aligned with the barrel and no re-sighting of any scope or sight would be required after hard use or disassembly and maintenance. MA uses short-stroke gas piston operated action with rotary bolt locking. The lower receiver is made from polymer and is integral with magazine housing, trigger housing and pistol grip. Rifle features ambidextrous control and side-folding adjustable plastic shoulder stock. For special operations, it can be issued with quick-detachable tactical sound suppressor. The MA Kalashnikov has a full lenght of 750mm, and only 500mm with stock folded.

-Ammunition

The MA Kalashnikov is 5.45 x 39 caliber asault rifle. This weapon uses standard AK-74 magazine with a capacity of 30 rounds. It can fire in single shots and in full auto. The 5.45×39mm cartridge is a rimless bottlenecked rifle cartridge. It was introduced into service in 1974 by the Soviet Union for use with the new AK-74 assault rifle.

-Accessories

The MA Kalashnikov compact assault rifle is fitted with telescopic side-folding and adjustable shoulder stock. A Picatinny rail is mounted on the top of the receiver to offer the possibility to put any scope or sight availabe in the current military market. A quick-detachable tactical sound suppressor can be installed on the muzzle.

• Specifications

Caliber:
    5.45 x 39mm

Technical data:

Weight:
    2.5 kg empty

Length:
    750 mm

Height:
    180 mm

Barrel length:
    ?

Magazine:
    30 rounds

Identification:
    The MA Kalashnikov is a prototype, no identification on the weapon.

Security:
    The safety of the MA Kalashnikov is provided by an ambidextrous manual safety.

Source: Arrow http://www.armyrecognition.com/russia_russian_army_light_heavy_weapons_uk/ma_kalashnikov_калашников_compact_assault_rifle_5.45x39mm_technical_data_sheet_specifications_pictures_video_12809165.html

Looks cool to me, and I think that it will find great use at SpetsNaz units, and later it will be integrated into the "Ratnik" combat gear. I don't know, but maybe it (with stock folded) would be a great PDW (Personal Defense Weapon), of which Russia currently has no one. Another interesting thing is that this gun will come with a supressor by default, of which AFAIK older Kalashnikov rifles didn't have access to.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:39 am

Benya wrote:Technical info about this compact Kalashnikov assault rifle

MA Kalashnikov Compact Assault Rifle 5.45 x39mm caliber

• Description

The MA Kalashnikov is the new compact assault rifle 5.45mm caliber developped and designed by the famous Russian firearms manufacturer Kalashnikov Group. A prototype of this weapon was presented for the first time to the public during the International Military Technical Forum, Army 2016, which was held near Moscow in the Patriotic Parc expocenter from the 6 to 11 September 2016. The The Kalashnikov MA compact assault rifle is an initiative development of Kalashnikov Group. It is intended as a Personal Defense Weapon for military vehicle and crew-served weapons crews, as well as a lightweight CQB weapon for Special Forces. The weight of MA Kalashnokov is only 2.5 kg without magazine. This new assault rifle is more lighter than a standard submachien gun 9mm caliber.

• Technical Data

-Armament

The MA Kalashnikov is based on plastic contsruction, only the barrel and some inside parts are made of metallic material. Design of the 5.45mm Kalashnikov MA compact assault rifle uses the most modern materials and ergonomic features. Unlike traditional Kalashnikov assault rifles, MA has an inverted-U shaped compact steel receiver which hosts bolt group. This ensures that integrated Picatinny rail at the top is always properly aligned with the barrel and no re-sighting of any scope or sight would be required after hard use or disassembly and maintenance. MA uses short-stroke gas piston operated action with rotary bolt locking. The lower receiver is made from polymer and is integral with magazine housing, trigger housing and pistol grip. Rifle features ambidextrous control and side-folding adjustable plastic shoulder stock. For special operations, it can be issued with quick-detachable tactical sound suppressor. The MA Kalashnikov has a full lenght of 750mm, and only 500mm with stock folded.

-Ammunition

The MA Kalashnikov is 5.45 x 39 caliber asault rifle. This weapon uses standard AK-74 magazine with a capacity of 30 rounds. It can fire in single shots and in full auto. The 5.45×39mm cartridge is a rimless bottlenecked rifle cartridge. It was introduced into service in 1974 by the Soviet Union for use with the new AK-74 assault rifle.

-Accessories

The MA Kalashnikov compact assault rifle is fitted with telescopic side-folding and adjustable shoulder stock. A Picatinny rail is mounted on the top of the receiver to offer the possibility to put any scope or sight availabe in the current military market. A quick-detachable tactical sound suppressor can be installed on the muzzle.

• Specifications

Caliber:
    5.45 x 39mm

Technical data:

Weight:
    2.5 kg empty

Length:
    750 mm

Height:
    180 mm

Barrel length:
    ?

Magazine:
    30 rounds

Identification:
    The MA Kalashnikov is a prototype, no identification on the weapon.

Security:
    The safety of the MA Kalashnikov is provided by an ambidextrous manual safety.

Source: Arrow http://www.armyrecognition.com/russia_russian_army_light_heavy_weapons_uk/ma_kalashnikov_калашников_compact_assault_rifle_5.45x39mm_technical_data_sheet_specifications_pictures_video_12809165.html

Looks cool to me, and I think that it will find great use at SpetsNaz units, and later it will be integrated into the "Ratnik" combat gear. I don't know, but maybe it (with stock folded) would be a great PDW (Personal Defense Weapon), of which Russia currently has no one. Another interesting thing is that this gun will come with a supressor by default, of which AFAIK older Kalashnikov rifles didn't have access to.

Wat? PBS-1 was what?

The only good thing is that the suppressor will be a classic one and wouldn't need ad-hoc ammo.

Also it's sad, 40 years and they managed to make a heavier variant of the Dragunov MA with worse looks (TBH).

Fucking KK.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:18 pm

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:18 pm