Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Share

    Iraqiya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-15

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Iraqiya on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:23 am

    English translation of the Iraqi Golden Division Sniper team targeting ISIS in Ramadi



    English translation of Iraqi Popular Mobilization Units rescuing and interviewing civilians fleeing ISIS held Hawija


    English translation of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Units Sniper - Abu Tahseen 5 war veteran


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9424
    Points : 9916
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  George1 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:08 pm

    Iraqi Army Captures Daesh Leader in Ramadi – Reports

    Kurdish, US Commandos Raid Daesh Base Behind Enemy Lines in Iraq – Media



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 479
    Points : 496
    Join date : 2013-09-16

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  sheytanelkebir on Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:02 pm

    ramadi centre has been retaken.

    some pockets of resistance and a huge number of Ieds to be defused.

    Next targets are Heet and Falluja.

    sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 479
    Points : 496
    Join date : 2013-09-16

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  sheytanelkebir on Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:05 pm

    mack8 wrote:Are the Mi-28 and Mi-35 operating as a hunter-killer teams now (replacing the Bell-407 from the combo)? Thanks.

    Nope. Bell 407s are flying with all Mi35 and Mi28s as far as i can see.

    The commander of the army aviation did mention that the 360 degree radar of the mi28 has massively improved their view of the battlefield. But to keep that in perspective they have only 5 Mi28Nes with radar (and 2 without) so they cant be everywhere... whereas they have over 30 IA-407s. The optics on the Mi35 are not as good as IA-407... so they always fly together no matter what.

    I'm not sure to what extent they've developed tactics to make use of the Mi28s radar... I'm guessing its still very early days in perfecting their use... the radar they use most is the Lynx-II Synthetic Aperture Radar on the KingAir 350-ER ISR planes...

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3363
    Points : 3406
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:54 am

    Interesting if true, Abu Omar al-Shishani captured. Some might say 'removed for his own safety'. Yandex translate

    KUWAIT, December 27. /Corr. TASS Vasily Vavilin/. Forces American special forces in a special operation in the Iraqi province of Kirkuk grabbed the terrorist nicknamed Abu Omar al-Shishani, one of the leaders of the group "Islamic state" (IG). On that Sunday reported the news Agency EIN.

    US special forces seized, in addition to al-Shishani, two field commanders of ISIS, and killed seven militants during a landing operation, held in the Riyadh region of Kirkuk province last Friday," reports the Agency. According to him three of the extremists were taken to the city of Sulaymaniyah in the North-East of the country. Earlier this year the media have repeatedly appeared information about the elimination of al-Shishani, but in the end it wasn't confirmed.


    Read more on TASS:
    http://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/2560379

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3667
    Points : 3779
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:12 am

    JohninMK wrote:Interesting if true, Abu Omar al-Shishani captured. Some might say 'removed for his own safety'. Yandex translate

    KUWAIT, December 27. /Corr. TASS Vasily Vavilin/. Forces American special forces in a special operation in the Iraqi province of Kirkuk grabbed the terrorist nicknamed Abu Omar al-Shishani, one of the leaders of the group "Islamic state" (IG). On that Sunday reported the news Agency EIN.

    US special forces seized, in addition to al-Shishani, two field commanders of ISIS, and killed seven militants during a landing operation, held in the Riyadh region of Kirkuk province last Friday," reports the Agency. According to him three of the extremists were taken to the city of Sulaymaniyah in the North-East of the country. Earlier this year the media have repeatedly appeared information about the elimination of al-Shishani, but in the end it wasn't confirmed.


    Read more on TASS:
    http://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/2560379

    Another article:

    http://lenta.ru/news/2015/12/27/usaforce/

    Funny, he made the name for himself in Syria but got out of Dodge the moment Russians showed up.

    Extradition procedure will be interesting affair... Wink

    mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 923
    Points : 983
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  mack8 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:55 pm

    Apparently over Ramadi:


    Looks weird

    It could be that it's actually firing the gun in short bursts.

    Iraqiya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-15

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Iraqiya on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:27 pm

    English translation of Iraqi Golden Division clearing Ramadi urban areas from ISIS


    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3363
    Points : 3406
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:00 pm

    If this is correct and true, one suspects that the Iraqis will have huge pressure from others, the US perhaps, to hand him over before he spills any beans. Maybe even a mysterious death in custody awaits him.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The Iraqi military has captured the so-called finance minister of the Islamic State, known in the Arab world as Daesh and prohibited in numerous countries including Russia and the United States, while liberating the city of Ramadi, the military command’s information service said Tuesday.

    After encircling the city for weeks, the Iraqi military launched a campaign to retake Ramadi last week, and made a final push to seize the central administration complex on December 27.

    “Residents from Ramadi told security forces that the so-called IS finance minister was hiding in the city among residents and was trying to escape after the terrorists were attacked. He was arrested,” the information service said on its Facebook account.


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/latam/20151229/1032448814/iraqi-forces-capture-islamic-state-finance-minister.html#ixzz3viLEZnTg

    short_fuze
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 273
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2015-12-09

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  short_fuze on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:24 pm

    JohninMK wrote:If this is correct and true, one suspects that the Iraqis will have huge pressure from others, the US perhaps, to hand him over before he spills any beans. Maybe even a mysterious death in custody awaits him.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The Iraqi military has captured the so-called finance minister of the Islamic State, known in the Arab world as Daesh and prohibited in numerous countries including Russia and the United States, while liberating the city of Ramadi, the military command’s information service said Tuesday.

    After encircling the city for weeks, the Iraqi military launched a campaign to retake Ramadi last week, and made a final push to seize the central administration complex on December 27.

    “Residents from Ramadi told security forces that the so-called IS finance minister was hiding in the city among residents and was trying to escape after the terrorists were attacked. He was arrested,” the information service said on its Facebook account.


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/latam/20151229/1032448814/iraqi-forces-capture-islamic-state-finance-minister.html#ixzz3viLEZnTg

    The US will probably suggest he be taken to hospital for treatment. Hospitals are about the only target the US is capable of hitting. /sarc

    Iraqiya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-15

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Iraqiya on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:41 pm

    English translation of the video showing a really nice Christmas care package to the Iraqi Popular Mobilization fighters.




    Merry Christmas everyone Smile

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4799
    Points : 4846
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Militarov on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:02 pm

    sheytanelkebir wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:Mi-35


    Looks weird. S-5/8/12 and so on rockets have a specialized engine to propell them to maximum speed in less then a second so there should be siginificantly more smoke even from single rockets, but there is barely any smoke at all.

    these could be the new serbian 128mm rockets they're using. super accurate too supposedly.


    these things.

    http://www.yugoimport.com/en/proizvodi/br-vz-128-mm-frag-m15-aircraft-unguided-rocket-air-ground

    Could be but still its very small amount of smoke for that type of burst engine, it burns only 1 second. And yeah Iraqis did get BR-VZ-128 fairly recently. Actually what are you refering to "extremly accurate" is probably coz you have heard about guided variant of this rocket that is being developed.






    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Werewolf on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:33 pm

    I doubt it is bigger than 80mm rocket. I would assume that the serbian unguided 128mm uses more or less same concept of quick burning engine that burnsout within a second or much less. The idea behind that was that when such missiles are launched from several km's away that they only hit the area of interest but without a smoking trail that could give the enemy any indication from where they are incoming. Other rockets of NATO 68/70mm use both slow burning engine and fly therefore further but it can give enemy indication from where they are coming in and give them time to prepare or already trying to lockon with MANPADS from further then the human eye could spot the helicopter or at least not spot it without specific indication of direction.

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4799
    Points : 4846
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Militarov on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:10 pm

    Werewolf wrote:I doubt it is bigger than 80mm rocket. I would assume that the serbian unguided 128mm uses more or less same concept of quick burning engine that burnsout within a second or much less. The idea behind that was that when such missiles are launched from several km's away that they only hit the area of interest but without a smoking trail that could give the enemy any indication from where they are incoming. Other rockets of NATO 68/70mm use both slow burning engine and fly therefore further but it can give enemy indication from where they are coming in and give them time to prepare or already trying to lockon with MANPADS from further then the human eye could spot the helicopter or at least not spot it without specific indication of direction.

    Yeah it burns exacly 1 second, 11.3 kg of NGR246 propellant.

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3363
    Points : 3406
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:04 pm

    Well, the US carrier stayed well out of range of the Eastern Med and Syria.

    WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — On December 16, the aircraft carrier joined the US 5th Fleet, ending a two-month gap where the United States had no carrier presence in the Persian Gulf.

    "Truman and embarked Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 7 join French nuclear powered aircraft carrier FS Charles De Gaulle (R 91) in conducting combined combat operations in Iraq and Syria from the Arabian Gulf," the US Navy stated on Tuesday.


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151229/1032465628/daesh-us-carrier-fleet.html#ixzz3vkIqUHvx

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4799
    Points : 4846
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Militarov on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:22 am



    French Mirage 2000 markings apparently operated from Jordan to strike targets inside Iraq/Syria.

    Iraqiya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-15

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Iraqiya on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:31 am

    English translation for Iraq's Popular Mobilization Units in local clean up campaign - Baghdad's Kadhimiya district




    short_fuze
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 273
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2015-12-09

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  short_fuze on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:23 pm

    Militarov wrote:

    French Mirage 2000 markings apparently operated from Jordan to strike targets inside Iraq/Syria.

    Bombs carried (not even missions) rather than targets hit?

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:04 pm

    short_fuze wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

    French Mirage 2000 markings apparently operated from Jordan to strike targets inside Iraq/Syria.

    Bombs carried (not even missions) rather than targets hit?

    Not even that. Just bombs painted on the side of the aircraft.

    Bidoul
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 54
    Points : 56
    Join date : 2015-06-30

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Bidoul on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:57 pm

    Militarov wrote:

    French Mirage 2000 markings apparently operated from Jordan to strike targets inside Iraq/Syria.

    That's not much, even in a patrol configuration (2 fuel tanks, 1 designation pod, 2 AA missiles, 2 AASM). That means 20 sorties tops in nearly a year and a half? Well not that long since the planes and crew have been likely rotated but still... Interesting thing is that he dropped dumb bombs possibly older 400kg (because we run out of 250kg, all the new ones comes with the AASM kits AFAIK).

    short_fuze wrote:
    Bombs carried (not even missions) rather than targets hit?

    Nah that's bomb dropped on target (a hit, at least as far as the air force is concerned). I've seen longer ones going all the way from before the trap on the nose to over the ID number, it's nowhere near a record.

    Iraqiya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-15

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Iraqiya on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:37 am

    English translation again of the Iraqi Golden Division field medics treating a child hurt by an ISIS IED in Ramadi

    crazy footage here showing the kid being treated straight after the attack. ISIS targets civilians on purpose leaving Ramadi


    short_fuze
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 273
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2015-12-09

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  short_fuze on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:01 am

    Bidoul wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

    French Mirage 2000 markings apparently operated from Jordan to strike targets inside Iraq/Syria.

    That's not much, even in a patrol configuration (2 fuel tanks, 1 designation pod, 2 AA missiles, 2 AASM). That means 20 sorties tops in nearly a year and a half? Well not that long since the planes and crew have been likely rotated but still... Interesting thing is that he dropped dumb bombs possibly older 400kg (because we run out of 250kg, all the new ones comes with the AASM kits AFAIK).

    short_fuze wrote:
    Bombs carried (not even missions) rather than targets hit?

    Nah that's bomb dropped on target (a hit, at least as far as the air force is concerned). I've seen longer ones going all the way from before the trap on the nose to over the ID number, it's nowhere near a record.

    Thanks for the info.

    fragmachine
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 124
    Points : 129
    Join date : 2014-05-28
    Location : Poland

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  fragmachine on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:21 am

    Iraqiya wrote:English translation again of the Iraqi Golden Division field medics treating a child hurt by an ISIS IED in Ramadi

    crazy footage here showing the kid being treated straight after the attack. ISIS targets civilians on purpose leaving Ramadi


    Western Syphilisation is responsible for creating ISIS, which killed numerous women and children.

    It is quite good to see violence comebacking and blowing straight into the faces of ignorant EU feces. Let the migrants from Raqqa in!

    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1508
    Points : 1671
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  TheArmenian on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:09 pm

    Lostarmour has added an Iraq page:

    http://lostarmour.info/iraq/

    short_fuze
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 273
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2015-12-09

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  short_fuze on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:52 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:Lostarmour has added an Iraq page:

    http://lostarmour.info/iraq/

    They will never keep up if they add a Yemen page.

    Sponsored content

    Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:32 am


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:32 am