Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Share

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:48 am

    Fresh pics from my favourite place thumbsup russia

    http://www.sdelanounas.ru/blogs/64659/


















    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:50 am

    Looks like it's coming along nicely....thx for posting

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2537
    Points : 2670
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  kvs on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:45 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:Looks like it's coming along nicely....thx for posting

    Indeed. +1

    From all the talk of corruption and delays you would think nothing was built. People are never given
    a proper context. This allows all sorts of propaganda spin. Take a look at construction projects in the 3rd
    world and you will realize that Vostochny is not in the state that is being hysterically claimed. A two year
    delay and a $256 million overrun on the budget on a project this scale is a joke. In corrupt 3rd world
    equivalent terms the project would be over 10 years behind schedule and several billion dollars over budget.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:52 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:Looks like it's coming along nicely....thx for posting

    No problem, this is one of my favorite topics. Can't wait to see the finished version, it will be glorious.

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  Cyberspec on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:24 am

    kvs wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:Looks like it's coming along nicely....thx for posting

    Indeed. +1

    From all the talk of corruption and delays you would think nothing was built.   People are never given
    a proper context.   This allows all sorts of propaganda spin.   Take a look at construction projects in the 3rd
    world and you will realize that Vostochny is not in the state that is being hysterically claimed.   A two year
    delay and a $256 million overrun on the budget on a project this scale is a joke.   In corrupt 3rd world
    equivalent terms the project would be over 10 years behind schedule and several billion dollars over budget.

    Good point....still, it's good that they're cracking down on corruption more widely lately. But I won't be satisfied until I see Serdyukov behind bars

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:24 am

    Cyberspec wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:Looks like it's coming along nicely....thx for posting

    Indeed. +1

    From all the talk of corruption and delays you would think nothing was built.   People are never given
    a proper context.   This allows all sorts of propaganda spin.   Take a look at construction projects in the 3rd
    world and you will realize that Vostochny is not in the state that is being hysterically claimed.   A two year
    delay and a $256 million overrun on the budget on a project this scale is a joke.   In corrupt 3rd world
    equivalent terms the project would be over 10 years behind schedule and several billion dollars over budget.

    Good point....still, it's good that they're cracking down on corruption more widely lately. But I won't be satisfied until I see Serdyukov behind bars

    Interesting enough to see so many Medvedev bureaucrats being sent to prison, going to court for charges filed against them, or just being fired and kicked out office...It seems like Putin is sending a message that he wants to block any pro-West ideologues from holding any form of power in Russia.

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  Cyberspec on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:22 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:Interesting enough to see so many Medvedev bureaucrats being sent to prison, going to court for charges filed against them, or just being fired and kicked out office...It seems like Putin is sending a message that he wants to block any pro-West ideologues from holding any form of power in Russia.

    Seems so, to a point....hope it's official policy, but there's plenty still in influential positions.

    Or it could be that under current circumstances, they can't afford their incompetence and stupidity!

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:37 am

    Cyberspec wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:Interesting enough to see so many Medvedev bureaucrats being sent to prison, going to court for charges filed against them, or just being fired and kicked out office...It seems like Putin is sending a message that he wants to block any pro-West ideologues from holding any form of power in Russia.

    Seems so, to a point....hope it's official policy, but there's plenty still in influential positions.

    Or it could be that under current circumstances, they can't afford their incompetence and stupidity!

    Serdyukov will go down in history in everybody's short list of imbeciles in Russian politics...I mean come on! It's like he was completely oblivious to the fact that Russia had/has a robust arms industry of her own (arguably one of the best, if not the best), and or he was an agent of Western influence, and now with the tech embargoes imposed by the West, Serdyukov's era arms deals are gifts that keep on 'giving'. Rolling Eyes

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:05 pm

























    http://www.sdelanounas.ru/blogs/65566/

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15482
    Points : 16189
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  GarryB on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:48 am

    Serdyukov will go down in history in everybody's short list of imbeciles in Russian politics...I mean come on! It's like he was completely oblivious to the fact that Russia had/has a robust arms industry of her own (arguably one of the best, if not the best), and or he was an agent of Western influence, and now with the tech embargoes imposed by the West, Serdyukov's era arms deals are gifts that keep on 'giving'.

    The Russian economy was not in good shape... we talk about the Russian military needing a lot of work... from 2008 to 2020 to get 70% new equipment into service... the Russian economy also needs lots of funding and stimulation to do something similar.

    The biggest problem for the Russian economy is that they have experienced rivals in the EU with established products and their own markets looking to flood Russia with products and prices new Russian companies can' compete with... and old companies that need to upgrade and improve even less able to compete.

    The best thing the west could have done was food sanctions... but they didn't... that was Putin... and what this has done is allowed Russian companies to enter their own market without serious competition to establish themselves and also for importers to import from other countries in different regions... hopefully once both are in place and doing a good job of supplying the Russian market they wont go back to EU products... if the EU can punish Russia for its alleged actions then Russian consumers can punish EU producers and buy domestic or asian/central/south american/ and african products.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:00 am

    Some more pics of construction site, no dates but given the construction progress and vegetation they seem to be quite recent. thumbsup

















































    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2537
    Points : 2670
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  kvs on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:31 am

    http://www.sdelanounas.ru/blogs/66035/

    Vostochny is 95% finished and has reached the "launch minimum" threshold. Basically all of the infrastructure is ready and the
    remaining 5% is mostly specialized equipment installation.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:50 pm


    Motherload guys and gals!!!  cheers   russia

    Fresh UAV aerial pics from construction site plus some cool usual material:

















    Nice dude who made these awesome pics:












    You can see one of two massive observation towers being constructed in the background




















    Photos with descriptions here:
    http://russos.livejournal.com/1232169.html

    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 667
    Points : 730
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  Book. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:19 pm

    @Papadragon

    Thk for the pic Surprised

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:54 pm

    Book. wrote:@Papadragon

    Thk for the pic Surprised

    You're welcome buddy! russia

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:25 pm


    Construction of town Tsiolkovsky next to Vostochniy spaceport:





















    More pics and descriptions:
    http://russos.livejournal.com/1235971.html

    mutantsushi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 285
    Points : 307
    Join date : 2013-12-11

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  mutantsushi on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:03 pm

    I didn't see this posted here, plans for manned Soyuz from Vostochny are being dropped completely,
    with manned program from Vostochny now planned to only happen via Angara-5V (+PPTS), now scheduled for 2025.
    Which begs the question, why bother finishing the Soyuz pad there?, if it will not achieve "independence from Kazakhstan"?
    I guess it leaves the possibility to re-start the manned Soyuz program from Vostochny WHEN/IF NEEDED,
    but honestly that is a very expensive contingency plan and Kazakhstan is hardly seeming to present a threat of non-cooperation...? /shrug
    I'm sure everybody in Roscosmos/etc are just waiting for the day Vostochny is finally fully functional and they can forget this long drawn-out episode.

    http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/n0372-blow-for-new-cosmodrome-as-officials-say-first-manned-launch-is-still-a-decade-away/

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:28 pm

    mutantsushi wrote:I didn't see this posted here, plans for manned Soyuz from Vostochny are being dropped completely,
    with manned program from Vostochny now planned to only happen via Angara-5V (+PPTS), now scheduled for 2025.
    Which begs the question, why bother finishing the Soyuz pad there?, if it will not achieve "independence from Kazakhstan"?
    I guess it leaves the possibility to re-start the manned Soyuz program from Vostochny WHEN/IF NEEDED,
    but honestly that is a very expensive contingency plan and Kazakhstan is hardly seeming to present a threat of non-cooperation...? /shrug
    I'm sure everybody in Roscosmos/etc are just waiting for the day Vostochny is finally fully functional and they can forget this long drawn-out episode.

    http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/n0372-blow-for-new-cosmodrome-as-officials-say-first-manned-launch-is-still-a-decade-away/

    Soyuz will be go-to light cargo rocket for decades to come, hence the launch pad on Vostochniy (and in French Guiana and in China and most likely Brazil.....)

    Angara and PTK-NP are superior to Soyuz system on all parameters. You can't use 50 years old ship infinitely. It took a total redesign for it to carry 3 crewmen instead of 2.

    It is time for old girl to go to well earned retirement.

    Vostochniy must be completed in order to achieve independence from Kazakhstan.

    Kazakhstan cannot be trusted, neither can any country that is not called Russia. It is mathematical axiom. Recent events proven it yet again.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:45 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    mutantsushi wrote:I didn't see this posted here, plans for manned Soyuz from Vostochny are being dropped completely,
    with manned program from Vostochny now planned to only happen via Angara-5V (+PPTS), now scheduled for 2025.
    Which begs the question, why bother finishing the Soyuz pad there?, if it will not achieve "independence from Kazakhstan"?
    I guess it leaves the possibility to re-start the manned Soyuz program from Vostochny WHEN/IF NEEDED,
    but honestly that is a very expensive contingency plan and Kazakhstan is hardly seeming to present a threat of non-cooperation...? /shrug
    I'm sure everybody in Roscosmos/etc are just waiting for the day Vostochny is finally fully functional and they can forget this long drawn-out episode.

    http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/n0372-blow-for-new-cosmodrome-as-officials-say-first-manned-launch-is-still-a-decade-away/

    Soyuz will be go-to light cargo rocket for decades to come, hence the launch pad on Vostochniy (and in French Guiana and in China and most likely Brazil.....)

    Angara and PTK-NP are superior to Soyuz system on all parameters. You can't use 50 years old ship infinitely. It took a total redesign for it to carry 3 crewmen instead of 2.

    It is time for old girl to go to well earned retirement.

    Vostochniy must be completed in order to achieve independence from Kazakhstan.

    Kazakhstan cannot be trusted, neither can any country that is not called Russia. It is mathematical axiom. Recent events proven it yet again.

    Of all post soviet countries, Kazakhstan is far more reliable of a partner than any. They are the ones responsible for EEU, they are one of the founding members and also responsible for CSTO, etc. Kazakhstan is probably very much in line of creating a major power, without taking in the limelight.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:44 am

    Russia has to trust some countries, at least, at the end of the day.

    If it trusts no-one, not even its closest allies, then how can it expect to be trusted by others?

    It's the same as wih respect. If you want respect, then you must also give respect.

    Contingency plans are good mind you. No harm in them. But unless they are cheap to keep on the backburner and can be occupied with secondary uses - it's best to leave most of them on paper, ready to be fundec only when neccessary.

    Frankly, some Russian behaviour in relation to its neighbouring Eurasian Union states reeks of protectionism - at a time when they're all meant to be integrating into a common market, while its arms procurements border on paranoia, Russia seems to be carrying through 'import subsidisation' even against Belarus and its defence companies - yet this is an economy that it has to support, not reject.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:49 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    mutantsushi wrote:I didn't see this posted here, plans for manned Soyuz from Vostochny are being dropped completely,
    with manned program from Vostochny now planned to only happen via Angara-5V (+PPTS), now scheduled for 2025.
    Which begs the question, why bother finishing the Soyuz pad there?, if it will not achieve "independence from Kazakhstan"?
    I guess it leaves the possibility to re-start the manned Soyuz program from Vostochny WHEN/IF NEEDED,
    but honestly that is a very expensive contingency plan and Kazakhstan is hardly seeming to present a threat of non-cooperation...? /shrug
    I'm sure everybody in Roscosmos/etc are just waiting for the day Vostochny is finally fully functional and they can forget this long drawn-out episode.

    http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/n0372-blow-for-new-cosmodrome-as-officials-say-first-manned-launch-is-still-a-decade-away/

    Soyuz will be go-to light cargo rocket for decades to come, hence the launch pad on Vostochniy (and in French Guiana and in China and most likely Brazil.....)

    Angara and PTK-NP are superior to Soyuz system on all parameters. You can't use 50 years old ship infinitely. It took a total redesign for it to carry 3 crewmen instead of 2.

    It is time for old girl to go to well earned retirement.

    Vostochniy must be completed in order to achieve independence from Kazakhstan.

    Kazakhstan cannot be trusted, neither can any country that is not called Russia. It is mathematical axiom. Recent events proven it yet again.

    Well I agree that Russia should take every step to end strategic dependency on any other nation, but to say that Kazahkstan cannot be trusted is a patently absurd claim, that is unwarranted and unsubstantiated:

    President Nazarbayev of Kazakhstan, not President Putin of the Russian Federation, is the mastermind behind the Eurasian Union and you could argue that Kazakhstan's Nomenklatura is on average more pro-Russian that Russia's Nomenklatura. Back in the early 90's Nazarbayev was trying his best to collect the pieces of the USSR puzzle and putting them back together again, take for example the Eurasian Union was in fact proposed by Nazarbayev in a speech back in 1994, meanwhile at the same time Russian and Ukrainian oligarchs were raping their respective countries' state-owned assets. Kazakhstan has reliably chosen to stick with Russia in the worst of times and the best of times, and resisted all the Pan-Turkic pressure of falling in to the orbit of Turkey in NATO's sphere of influence.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:06 pm












































    Sources are from all over the place...

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:45 pm


    Installation of launch pad light system is complete.

    http://www.sdelanounas.ru/blogs/67101/

    I see that official paint job for spaceport buildings is white/blue combo.
    Excellent choice if I do say so myself! thumbsup russia







    Rmf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 381
    Points : 376
    Join date : 2013-05-30

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  Rmf on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:21 pm

    that concrete flame pit looks way to oversized.
    only reasoning would be they plan to launch heavier rockets , yet the size of that preparation building (and weather cocoon) is limiting.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3683
    Points : 3795
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:48 pm

    Rmf wrote:that concrete flame pit looks way to oversized.
    only reasoning would be they plan to launch heavier rockets , yet the size of that preparation building (and weather cocoon) is limiting.

    Could be that they use same blueprint for all launchpads, saves money and time and, yes you are right, that way they can switch to heavier rockets down the road. Not that they are in the hurry, Angara will be getting it's own dedicated launchpad and Soyuz here will be in use for decades to come.

    Buildings should not be too problematic,  main assembly facility is located on another site and is absolutely huge.

    As for the tower, it is on rails so replacing it or using more than one would not be too difficult.

    Sponsored content

    Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:08 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:08 am