Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Verba MANPAD

    Share

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3550
    Points : 3585
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:37 am

    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Looks like Igla S, normally VERBA has the two "taps"/"lids" on the side (left side), not one on the side, on on top.

    Iraqis just got certain amount of 1PN97M thermal imagers which is confusing people as they are seen on Verba.

    trying to shoot down Turkish Migrating Birds?

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4799
    Points : 4846
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  Militarov on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:46 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Looks like Igla S, normally VERBA has the two "taps"/"lids" on the side (left side), not one on the side, on on top.

    Iraqis just got certain amount of 1PN97M thermal imagers which is confusing people as they are seen on Verba.

    trying to shoot down Turkish Migrating Birds?

    ISIS airforce, whoever feels like taking that role

    sheytanelkebir
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 479
    Points : 496
    Join date : 2013-09-16

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  sheytanelkebir on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:50 am

    thanks for the answers! even the KBP promo videos were confusing me slightly... some verba having that "box" near the front and some without...

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3550
    Points : 3585
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:04 am

    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Looks like Igla S, normally VERBA has the two "taps"/"lids" on the side (left side), not one on the side, on on top.

    Iraqis just got certain amount of 1PN97M thermal imagers which is confusing people as they are seen on Verba.

    trying to shoot down Turkish Migrating Birds?

    ISIS airforce, whoever feels like taking that role

    "Turkish Migrating Birds" it is...

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:59 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Looks like Igla S, normally VERBA has the two "taps"/"lids" on the side (left side), not one on the side, on on top.

    Iraqis just got certain amount of 1PN97M thermal imagers which is confusing people as they are seen on Verba.

    trying to shoot down Turkish Migrating Birds?

    ISIS airforce, whoever feels like taking that role

    "Turkish Migrating Birds" it is...


    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5665
    Points : 6071
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  Austin on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:36 pm

    The 3 channel guidance of Verba is http://nvo.ng.ru/armament/2016-03-11/9_rocket.html

    For the first time in the world to set a fundamentally new product seeker - optical tri-band (or trehspektralnaya) operates in the ultraviolet, near-infrared and mid-infrared range. This allows you to get more information about the purpose of making complex "selective" weapon.


    No UV band there but near IR and Mid IR and optical

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  max steel on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:13 pm


    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:09 am

    In the previous clip, forward thrusters, which are being fired, are apparently visible at least at the 38 s mark.


    Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3550
    Points : 3585
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:15 am

    Austin wrote:The 3 channel guidance of Verba is  http://nvo.ng.ru/armament/2016-03-11/9_rocket.html

    For the first time in the world to set a fundamentally new product seeker - optical tri-band (or trehspektralnaya) operates in the ultraviolet, near-infrared and mid-infrared range. This allows you to get more information about the purpose of making complex "selective" weapon.


    No UV band there but near IR and Mid IR and optical

    They say that it uses UltraViolet (UV)....And UV is a staple of ManPads.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:11 pm

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:In the previous clip, forward thrusters, which are being fired, are apparently visible at least at the 38 s mark.

    Seems like a traditional russian way to stabilize and initial inclining towards target of "SAM's".

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9424
    Points : 9916
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  George1 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:52 am



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15458
    Points : 16165
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  GarryB on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:19 am

    They say that it uses UltraViolet (UV)....And UV is a staple of ManPads.

    Many manpads use UV filters because a Flare will generate lots of IR signal and UV signal as it burns, but a hot engine does not emit UV rays, so with a UV filter if it spots a hotspot that emits UV rays it can dismiss it as being a flare or the sun...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Sponsored content

    Re: Verba MANPAD

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:27 am


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:27 am