Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Share

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  nemrod on Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 pm

    It seems that several F-18 were lost in Japan. US Army said because of accidents.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/03/navy-fatal-f-18-crash-was-part-of-top-gun-training-course/

    Each statement now coming from Dod I automatically distrust. Maybe they are right, and it could indeed an accident. Or ?
    F-18 downed by North Korea air defense, or du to North Korean fighters ? Nothing is impossible.
    Could someone among you confirm this ?

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Thu May 08, 2014 2:17 pm

    nemrod wrote:

    It seems that several F-18 were lost in Japan. US Army said because of accidents.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/03/navy-fatal-f-18-crash-was-part-of-top-gun-training-course/

    Each statement now coming from Dod I automatically distrust. Maybe they are right, and it could indeed an accident. Or ?
    F-18 downed by North Korea air defense, or du to North Korean fighters ? Nothing is impossible.
    Could someone among you confirm this ?


    No probably not the north koreans the only fighter they have that could pose a threat to a f 18 is there mig-29k's and they are having the task to protect the capital.
    About there air defences i dont know much but i really dont think the north koreans are behind this i mean why would the US dont say it if it were the north koreans?
    It would be a good reason for the US to take out North Korea what they probably want, it's probably just a normal accident.

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  nemrod on Fri May 09, 2014 10:54 am

    Flyingdutchman wrote:....About there air defences i dont know much but i really dont think the north koreans are behind.... it's probably just a normal accident.
    Indeed, it is a possibilty, as I have no clues to assert the contrary.

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    No probably not the north koreans the only fighter they have that could pose a threat to a f 18 is there mig-29k's and they are having the task to protect the capital.
    Really ?
    I don't think that if a F-18 could win easily against a skill pilot inside a Mig 21bis, or a Mig 23 ML. As North Korea has a strong air defense -S-300, S-200 -, they could not use US armada -it means no awacs, no jammer, no elint, fights will be in most of the case in dogfights, in this area, the north koreans are not the last- to jam electronics system inside either Mig 21, or Mig 23, and Mig 29.

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    ....this i mean why would the US dont say it if it were the north koreans?
    It would be a good reason for the US to take out North Korea what they probably want...

    There were many -suspect-accidents -in reality, they were simply downed- in history that americans hide in order to avoid conflict. I think about SR 71 and their several "accidents", downed undoubtly by soviet air defense. North Korea is not Iraq, and even less Serbia. North Korea is not alone, there are China behind, secondly they have not only a strong air defense, but a very skills pilots that in the past conflicts demonstrated their high competencies with north vietnameses, or with Syria in october 73 war. North korean pilots downed several of the best US air fighters. Contrary to what US shows and  you say, I think America is really reluctant to wage a war against North Korea, they know exactly what this war could give in result. America cannot afford to dare another war presently, and during the following years in this decade, and in next decades.

    In case of war, the looser won't be North Korea in this case, US are well aware.

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Fri May 09, 2014 12:16 pm

    nemrod wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:....About there air defences i dont know much but i really dont think the north koreans are behind.... it's probably just a normal accident.
    Indeed, it is a possibilty, as I have no clues to assert the contrary.

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    No probably not the north koreans the only fighter they have that could pose a threat to a f 18 is there mig-29k's and they are having the task to protect the capital.
    Really ?
    I don't think that if a F-18 could win easily against a skill pilot inside a Mig 21bis, or a Mig 23 ML. As North Korea has a strong air defense -S-300, S-200 -, they could not use US armada -it means no awacs, no jammer, no elint, fights will be in most of the case in dogfights, in this area, the north koreans are not the last- to jam electronics system inside either Mig 21, or Mig 23, and Mig 29.

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    ....this i mean why would the US dont say it if it were the north koreans?
    It would be a good reason for the US to take out North Korea what they probably want...

    There were many -suspect-accidents -in reality, they were simply downed- in history that americans hide in order to avoid conflict. I think about SR 71 and their several "accidents", downed undoubtly by soviet air defense. North Korea is not Iraq, and even less Serbia. North Korea is not alone, there are China behind, secondly they have not only a strong air defense, but a very skills pilots that in the past conflicts demonstrated their high competencies with north vietnameses, or with Syria in october 73 war. North korean pilots downed several of the best US air fighters. Contrary to what US shows and  you say, I think America is really reluctant to wage a war against North Korea, they know exactly what this war could give in result. America cannot afford to dare another war presently, and during the following years in this decade, and in next decades.

    In case of war, the looser won't be North Korea in this case, US are well aware.

    If the USA wage war on North Korea and North Korea wont use nuclear weapons i would say hmmmm.... One week....one week and north korea is destroyed.

    People did research and north korea is having enough food to feed there army for 4 days then its over.

    I Think a Super Hornet would destroy a mig-21 or mig-23 maybe not easily but they would succeed.


    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri May 09, 2014 7:04 pm

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    nemrod wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:....About there air defences i dont know much but i really dont think the north koreans are behind.... it's probably just a normal accident.
    Indeed, it is a possibilty, as I have no clues to assert the contrary.

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    No probably not the north koreans the only fighter they have that could pose a threat to a f 18 is there mig-29k's and they are having the task to protect the capital.
    Really ?
    I don't think that if a F-18 could win easily against a skill pilot inside a Mig 21bis, or a Mig 23 ML. As North Korea has a strong air defense -S-300, S-200 -, they could not use US armada -it means no awacs, no jammer, no elint, fights will be in most of the case in dogfights, in this area, the north koreans are not the last- to jam electronics system inside either Mig 21, or Mig 23, and Mig 29.

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    ....this i mean why would the US dont say it if it were the north koreans?
    It would be a good reason for the US to take out North Korea what they probably want...

    There were many -suspect-accidents -in reality, they were simply downed- in history that americans hide in order to avoid conflict. I think about SR 71 and their several "accidents", downed undoubtly by soviet air defense. North Korea is not Iraq, and even less Serbia. North Korea is not alone, there are China behind, secondly they have not only a strong air defense, but a very skills pilots that in the past conflicts demonstrated their high competencies with north vietnameses, or with Syria in october 73 war. North korean pilots downed several of the best US air fighters. Contrary to what US shows and  you say, I think America is really reluctant to wage a war against North Korea, they know exactly what this war could give in result. America cannot afford to dare another war presently, and during the following years in this decade, and in next decades.

    In case of war, the looser won't be North Korea in this case, US are well aware.

    If the USA wage war on North Korea and North Korea wont use nuclear weapons i would say hmmmm.... One week....one week and north korea is destroyed.

    People did research and north korea is having enough food to feed there army for 4 days then its over.

    I Think a Super Hornet would destroy a mig-21 or mig-23 maybe not easily but they would succeed.


    I don't think it would be that simple, if NK used it's nuclear weapons than the U.S. would be tempted to use their own, and if they did than Chinese and Russian early warning radars as well as spy satellites would catch wind of the icbm launch flying in their direction which would likely be considered an attack on them which would then meet the icbm launch with a swift response with thermonuclear weapons, then Britain and France would be tempted to come to the aid of their ally with nukes which would quickly escalate in to all out thermonuclear war. Whether a war with NK is nuclear or conventional than it would be devastating on both sides, as General MacArthur once said "You can't win a land war in Asia!"

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Fri May 09, 2014 7:21 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    nemrod wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:....About there air defences i dont know much but i really dont think the north koreans are behind.... it's probably just a normal accident.
    Indeed, it is a possibilty, as I have no clues to assert the contrary.

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    No probably not the north koreans the only fighter they have that could pose a threat to a f 18 is there mig-29k's and they are having the task to protect the capital.
    Really ?
    I don't think that if a F-18 could win easily against a skill pilot inside a Mig 21bis, or a Mig 23 ML. As North Korea has a strong air defense -S-300, S-200 -, they could not use US armada -it means no awacs, no jammer, no elint, fights will be in most of the case in dogfights, in this area, the north koreans are not the last- to jam electronics system inside either Mig 21, or Mig 23, and Mig 29.

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    ....this i mean why would the US dont say it if it were the north koreans?
    It would be a good reason for the US to take out North Korea what they probably want...

    There were many -suspect-accidents -in reality, they were simply downed- in history that americans hide in order to avoid conflict. I think about SR 71 and their several "accidents", downed undoubtly by soviet air defense. North Korea is not Iraq, and even less Serbia. North Korea is not alone, there are China behind, secondly they have not only a strong air defense, but a very skills pilots that in the past conflicts demonstrated their high competencies with north vietnameses, or with Syria in october 73 war. North korean pilots downed several of the best US air fighters. Contrary to what US shows and  you say, I think America is really reluctant to wage a war against North Korea, they know exactly what this war could give in result. America cannot afford to dare another war presently, and during the following years in this decade, and in next decades.

    In case of war, the looser won't be North Korea in this case, US are well aware.

    If the USA wage war on North Korea and North Korea wont use nuclear weapons i would say hmmmm.... One week....one week and north korea is destroyed.

    People did research and north korea is having enough food to feed there army for 4 days then its over.

    I Think a Super Hornet would destroy a mig-21 or mig-23 maybe not easily but they would succeed.


    I don't think it would be that simple, if NK used it's nuclear weapons than the U.S. would be tempted to use their own, and if they did than Chinese and Russian early warning radars as well as spy satellites would catch wind of the icbm launch flying in their direction which would likely be considered an attack on them which would then meet the icbm launch with a swift response with thermonuclear weapons, then Britain and France would be tempted to come to the aid of their ally with nukes which would quickly escalate in to all out thermonuclear war. Whether a war with NK is nuclear or conventional than it would be devastating on both sides, as General MacArthur once said "You can't win a land war in Asia!"

    China wont do anything when a war breaks out in north Korea and i think if the US launches nuclear weapons they would be smart enough to warn China and say it is launched in the direction of north Korea.
    China said itself that they dont feel themselfs comfortable with a nuclear armed north Korea.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri May 09, 2014 10:56 pm

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    nemrod wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:....About there air defences i dont know much but i really dont think the north koreans are behind.... it's probably just a normal accident.
    Indeed, it is a possibilty, as I have no clues to assert the contrary.

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    No probably not the north koreans the only fighter they have that could pose a threat to a f 18 is there mig-29k's and they are having the task to protect the capital.
    Really ?
    I don't think that if a F-18 could win easily against a skill pilot inside a Mig 21bis, or a Mig 23 ML. As North Korea has a strong air defense -S-300, S-200 -, they could not use US armada -it means no awacs, no jammer, no elint, fights will be in most of the case in dogfights, in this area, the north koreans are not the last- to jam electronics system inside either Mig 21, or Mig 23, and Mig 29.

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    ....this i mean why would the US dont say it if it were the north koreans?
    It would be a good reason for the US to take out North Korea what they probably want...

    There were many -suspect-accidents -in reality, they were simply downed- in history that americans hide in order to avoid conflict. I think about SR 71 and their several "accidents", downed undoubtly by soviet air defense. North Korea is not Iraq, and even less Serbia. North Korea is not alone, there are China behind, secondly they have not only a strong air defense, but a very skills pilots that in the past conflicts demonstrated their high competencies with north vietnameses, or with Syria in october 73 war. North korean pilots downed several of the best US air fighters. Contrary to what US shows and  you say, I think America is really reluctant to wage a war against North Korea, they know exactly what this war could give in result. America cannot afford to dare another war presently, and during the following years in this decade, and in next decades.

    In case of war, the looser won't be North Korea in this case, US are well aware.

    If the USA wage war on North Korea and North Korea wont use nuclear weapons i would say hmmmm.... One week....one week and north korea is destroyed.

    People did research and north korea is having enough food to feed there army for 4 days then its over.

    I Think a Super Hornet would destroy a mig-21 or mig-23 maybe not easily but they would succeed.


    I don't think it would be that simple, if NK used it's nuclear weapons than the U.S. would be tempted to use their own, and if they did than Chinese and Russian early warning radars as well as spy satellites would catch wind of the icbm launch flying in their direction which would likely be considered an attack on them which would then meet the icbm launch with a swift response with thermonuclear weapons, then Britain and France would be tempted to come to the aid of their ally with nukes which would quickly escalate in to all out thermonuclear war. Whether a war with NK is nuclear or conventional than it would be devastating on both sides, as General MacArthur once said "You can't win a land war in Asia!"

    China wont do anything when a war breaks out in north Korea and i think if the US launches nuclear weapons they would be smart enough to warn China and say it is launched in the direction of north Korea.
    China said itself that they dont feel themselfs comfortable with a nuclear armed north Korea.

    1.) This comment confuses me. China wouldn't do anything if war broke out in in North Korea? Than how do you explain China holding drills/exercises with 100,000 PLA soldiers near the North Korean border as preparation for future conflicts in the Korean Peninsula?

    http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20140115000029&cid=1101

    2.) Who in their right mind would willingly allow nuclear weapons to be detonated near it's borders in a conflict? Not even friendly nations would be so keen let alone the strained relations between U.S. and China, even if the U.S. were honest and wouldn't use that as an excuse to launch nukes in to Chinese territory, the Korean peninsula is a small piece of territory, radioactive fallout could easily travel in to China and would extremely pollute the already polluted Chinese skies, and heavily poison Chinese territorial waters and fisheries.

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  nemrod on Fri May 09, 2014 11:34 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    2.) Who in their right mind would willingly allow nuclear weapons to be detonated near it's borders in a conflict?...

    If a thing is sure, no nuclear war in Asia will be occured. This is certain. North Korea, as China, as US have all thermonuclear weapon. I said thermonuclear weapons. Indeed, North Korea has not only nuclear devices.

    It is worth to repeat again that, there won't be a conventional war in Asia, simply because US cannot afford it. I did not say that it won't be occured some skirmishes, as few Mig-21 downed, against few F-15, or F-18. But that's all.

    Back to our initial subject, I've meant too, that the F-18 could downed, I only said that it "could" be, as DOD used to lie. It is possible that these F-18 were indeed subject to accidents this why I asked if someone among you have more clues, and if you could confirm us.

    AirCargo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 104
    Points : 108
    Join date : 2014-05-19
    Location : Seattle, WA. United States

    Clearification regarding F-18 accident.

    Post  AirCargo on Fri May 23, 2014 12:40 pm

    nemrod, one aircraft crashed in the U.S. state of Nevada on a training mission as reported by the U.S. Navy spokesman in the article.

    The Fallon Range Training Complex (FRTC), located in the high desert of northern Nevada approximately 65 miles east of Reno, NV, is a set of well defined geographic areas encompassing a land area and multiple air spaces. It is used primarily for training operations, with some capability to support research and development, and test and evaluation of military hardware, personnel, tactics, munitions, explosives, and electronic combat.


    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  nemrod on Fri May 23, 2014 11:21 pm

    AirCargo wrote:nemrod, one aircraft crashed in the U.S. state of Nevada on a training mission as reported by the U.S. Navy spokesman in the article.

    The Fallon Range Training Complex (FRTC), located in the high desert of northern Nevada approximately 65 miles east of Reno, NV, is a set of well defined geographic areas encompassing a land area and multiple air spaces. It is used primarily for training operations, with some capability to support research and development, and test and evaluation of military hardware, personnel, tactics, munitions, explosives, and electronic combat.


    Thx AirCargo for your remarq.

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Two US F-18 crashed in western Pacific Ocean ?

    Post  nemrod on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:02 am


    http://presstv.com/detail/2014/09/12/378505/2-us-warplanes-crash-in-pacific-ocean/




    Two US warplanes have crashed into the Pacific Ocean while operating at the sea, according to a statement from the US 7th Fleet.

    Two F/A-18 Hornet jets that were operating aboard the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson crashed at 5:40 p.m. local time on Thursday in the western Pacific, the navy said on Friday.

    The navy said that one pilot was rescued and is currently receiving medical care aboard the aircraft carrier, and a search is under way for the other airman.

    The cause of the crash is under investigation. The jets were from Carrier Air Wing 17 and assigned to Strike Fighter Squadron 94 and Strike Fighter Squadron 113. They have not been recovered.

    According to the navy, the Carl Vinson is "underway in the US 7th Fleet area of responsibility supporting security and stability in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region."

    Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2789
    Points : 2853
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:02 am

    They can't even fly safely, so much for the "best pilots in the world"! - That is a common belief here in the US, which isn't a surprise...

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15482
    Points : 16189
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  GarryB on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:27 pm

    Hopefully they find the other pilot safe and well...

    Flying planes at sea is a dangerous thing...

    I know many western media outlets enjoy rubbing in mishaps for the Russian and Soviet Military, but I really don't think the real military feel that way on either side.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2789
    Points : 2853
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:13 pm

    GarryB wrote:Hopefully they find the other pilot safe and well...

    Flying planes at sea is a dangerous thing...

    I know many western media outlets enjoy rubbing in mishaps for the Russian and Soviet Military, but I really don't think the real military feel that way on either side.
    Yeah, me too. 

    +

    It depends... I know people that have been USAF etc and while they aren't "russophobes", they definitely have a bias against Russia.

    Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2789
    Points : 2853
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  Mike E on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:51 am

    This isn't exactly on topic, but the US just announced the dissolution of their largest "aggressor squadron". - Looks like a decent number of F-15's will be sent to the graveyard!

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2130
    Points : 2245
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  higurashihougi on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:13 pm

    Mike E wrote:This isn't exactly on topic, but the US just announced the dissolution of their largest "aggressor squadron". - Looks like a decent number of F-15's will be sent to the graveyard!

    F-15 with Flanker color looks really pretty.

    Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2789
    Points : 2853
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  Mike E on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:14 am

    Really does, like it was meant to be in Russian colors!

    Battalion0415
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 145
    Points : 152
    Join date : 2015-01-07
    Age : 30

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  Battalion0415 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:07 pm

    USA need to cut down there air craft and only Super Hornets I say in another post this forum.

    Plus transport planes and attack helicopters.

    But B-52 and other bomb planes left important delivering war outside nation and with reserve.

    Trippel size down. 2000 st Apache sufficient.

    Transport planes is for one big out land war.

    From 12000 down to 4000.

    Off Topic

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  George1 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:13 pm

    Battalion0415 wrote:USA need to cut down there air craft and only Super Hornets I say in another post this forum.

    Plus transport planes and attack helicopters.

    But B-52 and other bomb planes left important delivering war outside nation and with reserve.

    Trippel size down. 2000 st Apache sufficient.

    Transport planes is for one big out land war.

    From 12000 down to 4000.

    Off Topic

    well navy and marines buy F-35 versions to replace old Hornets

    Battalion0415
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 145
    Points : 152
    Join date : 2015-01-07
    Age : 30

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  Battalion0415 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:16 pm

    USA do not need F-35 I saying another post. Only for selling outside country.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:18 pm

    F/A-18 is better and cheaper than the horrendously expensive PoS program that is the F-35.
    Actually the F/A-18 always struck me as an excellent aircraft.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  George1 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:30 am

    US Air Force F-18 Hornet fighter jet crashes in northern California — media


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:23 pm

    L-3 Communications Wins $10Mln Contract to Upgrade F/A-18 Fighter Trainers

    The L-3 Communications Corporation has won a $10 million contract to upgrade flight trainer systems on F/A-18.

    WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The L-3 Communications Corporation of Arlington, Texas has won a $10 million contract to upgrade flight trainer systems on F/A-18 fighter aircraft, the US Department of Defense announced in a statement.

    "[The company] is being awarded $10,716,709… for the procurement of F/A-18C/D tactical operational flight trainer system configuration set (SCS)," the statement read on Wednesday.

    The flight trainer system configuration set will provide upgrades to the mission computer, aircraft and weapons sensors, and human aircraft interaction, the statement said.

    Work under the contract will be performed at the Naval Air Stations in Oceana, Virginia and Lemoore, California and at the Marine Corps Air Stations at Miramar, California, Beaufort, South Carolina and Iwakuni, Japan.

    Some work will also be performed at the Joint Reserve Bases in New Orleans, Louisiana and Fort Worth, Texas.

    The contract’s requirements are expected to be completed in March 2018, according to the statement.

    The Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division, Orlando, Florida, is the contracting activity for the project.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151008/1028187330.html#ixzz3nyESHfiS


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  George1 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:29 am

    US Navy Enhances EA-18 Electronic Attack Aircraft Targeting Capabilities

    US Navy Captain David Kindley said that the US Navy has augmented its EA-18 electronic attack aircraft’s targeting abilities in order to help aircrews gain dominance on their marks.

    WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The US Navy has augmented its EA-18 electronic attack aircraft’s targeting abilities in order to help aircrews gain dominance on their marks, US Navy Captain David Kindley said in a release on Tuesday.

    “This enhanced targeting capability provides our aircrews with a significant advantage, especially in an increasingly dense threat environment where longer-range targeting is critical to the fight,” Kelly stated.

    The Boeing EA-18G Growler aircraft has evolved from the previous F/A-18F Super Hornet fighter jet and is the latest US airborne electronic attack platform.

    Boeing explained that the EA-18G Growler will be enabled to find targets over larger distances and share information much faster than before.

    “This long-range targeting technology is essential as we advance electronic attack capabilities for the conflicts of today and tomorrow,” Boeing F/A-18 and EA-186 Programs Vice President Dan Gillian said. “The complexity of global threat environments continues to evolve.”

    The Growler will also provide intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance data to other aircraft, according to Boeing.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151201/1031080389/us-navy-enhances-ea-18.html#ixzz3t9N8MF31


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  George1 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:18 pm

    US Tests Plan for F-18 Jets to Carry Long-Range Anti-Ship Missiles

    According to a US defense contractor, the American Navy is testing out the F-18 jets' ability to carry precision-guided anti-ship missiles.

    WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The US Navy has commenced a series of tests to deploy Long Range Anti-Ship Missiles (LRASM) on its F-18/A and F-18E/F Super-Hornet jets, defense contractor Lockheed Martin said in a news release on Monday.

    "The LRASM airworthiness flights on the Super Hornet put us one step closer to fielding this urgently needed capability for our warfighters," Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control LRASM Director Mike Fleming stated in the release.

    A US soldier stands next to a Patriot surface-to-air missile battery at an army base in Morag, Poland.
    © AP Photo/ Czarek Sokolowski
    NATO's Anti-Russia Policy, Anti-Missile Shield Threaten Balance - Moscow
    The flights were conducted at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Maryland, according to the release.

    "The flight data acquired validates the LRASM system design and clears the way for the test program to continue," Fleming noted.

    The LRASM is a precision-guided, anti-ship missile that allows carrier-launched aircraft to conduct precisions trikes against ships and other maritime targets from outside the range of their anti-aircraft defense systems.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151214/1031740839/us-f18-fighter-jet-long-range-missiles.html#ixzz3uKPp3TLg


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Sponsored content

    Re: F/A-18, F/A-18EF: News

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:05 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:05 am