Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+73
kvs
sepheronx
flamming_python
KiloGolf
Hannibal Barca
Godric
Solncepek
George1
Cyberspec
iraqidabab
KoTeMoRe
Dima
Monarchist
zorobabel
Heartbeer
zg18
SturmGuard
franco
d_taddei2
victor1985
OminousSpudd
Kyo
Neutrality
whir
Bidoul
Rodinazombie
Ramos 2
Khepesh
Siempre_Leal
marat
HUNTER VZLA
Arctic_Fox
TheArmenian
ultron
Hachimoto
Regular
ExBeobachter1987
Stealthflanker
Inetwarrior
Geronimo
Flyboy77
PapaDragon
Anas Ali
Fred333
2SPOOKY4U
AK_47
Prince Darling
Walther von Oldenburg
Flagship Victory
Abu Bakr al Bosni
Book.
mutantsushi
Manov
Cucumber Khan
sheytanelkebir
putinboss
jhelb
arpakola
Morpheus Eberhardt
higurashihougi
AlfaT8
mack8
Werewolf
par far
Zivo
olibeira
TR1
Vann7
medo
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
magnumcromagnon
GarryB
NationalRus
77 posters

Yemeni Conflict: News

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 Empty Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 Saudijska-arabija-izgazene-had%C5%BEije-

Well that is unfortunate disinformation. using old image of 2004's tragedy before renovation of the Jamarat bridge. and those Buldozers are NOT bulldozing dead bodies.

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 Indonesianhoaxes-dokumentasi-tragedi-tugu-tiang-jumrah-tahun-2004-01

This is the jamarat Bridge Today.

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 Muslim_pilgrims_stone-throwing_satan_jamarat_during_hajj

---
    Mina's tragedy was unfortunate event...Unfortunately there are ongoing "media war" too between shia extremist and wahabbis. They mix shit out of context.

To be honest that pile of bodies on photo is gross enough without buldozer being in play even. And yeah, i considered this to be somewhat of a legit source, i didnt even care to check, interesting develop tho.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:21 pm

what are the state of Yemen army after the escalation of conflict??
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks for clearing that up - was just thinking about what barbaric, outrageous actions those were.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Militarov wrote:"Saudi-led Arab coalition forces battling the Shi'ite Houthi rebel group have announced they seized a Yemen-bound Iranian boat carrying weapons that was masquerading as a fishing boat south of Oman's Salalah coast.

The shipment, which was seized on 26 September, on the third day of Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, had 18 anti-armour shells, 54 anti-tank missiles, 15 battery kits and other weapons on board. The 14-strong crew was also arrested by Arab authorities, according to an al-Arabiya report."
    - Source: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/saudi-led-coalition-seizes-yemen-bound-iranian-arms-shipment-1521810

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQJCucBWcAQ3lFn

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQJEA9FWcAAUbaJ

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQJEA9AWEAAraat

Seems shipment contained Iranian built Troophan ATGMs too (TOW derivate).

Source: https://twitter.com/7yhy/status/649156080703012864

That's a concurs copy. Toophan missile is literally a TOW1A copy.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:17 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:"Saudi-led Arab coalition forces battling the Shi'ite Houthi rebel group have announced they seized a Yemen-bound Iranian boat carrying weapons that was masquerading as a fishing boat south of Oman's Salalah coast.

The shipment, which was seized on 26 September, on the third day of Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, had 18 anti-armour shells, 54 anti-tank missiles, 15 battery kits and other weapons on board. The 14-strong crew was also arrested by Arab authorities, according to an al-Arabiya report."
    - Source: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/saudi-led-coalition-seizes-yemen-bound-iranian-arms-shipment-1521810

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQJCucBWcAQ3lFn

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQJEA9FWcAAUbaJ

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQJEA9AWEAAraat

Seems shipment contained Iranian built Troophan ATGMs too (TOW derivate).

Source: https://twitter.com/7yhy/status/649156080703012864

That's a concurs copy. Toophan missile is literally a TOW1A copy.

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 Hires_090509-A-4842R-001a

Look at the launcher on the left, and missile canister laying on the ground, one closer to person taking picture its Troophan.

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 219cbns

Here you can see it being used by Iranians.

Missile without canister that you are refering to is truly Tosan, Konkurs derivate, but it has been taken out of the canister. I wasnt really even paying attention to it since there is quite alot of Konkurs launchers in Yemen, its not exotic to say. Troophan on other hand is very exotic.

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 VcB7CSY

Take note that Iranians have multiple versions of both, so they are quite hard to track, also they made improved versons of their original Troophan which actually remind alot of further US TOW derivates.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:36 pm

Just a thought. What are the chances of Russia demanding that as the houthis are fighting against the ISIL rats, then they should pe part of the anti-ISIL coalition that Russia is proposing, hence KSA and the other GCC rats must stop their attacks immediately and engage in dialogue. Maybe hint at supporting the houthis (against ISIL mind you) with hardware or something similar. It will be a body blow to the KSA rats, they will absolutely s**t themselves. Am i daydreaming?

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:15 am

Another Saudi party in Jizan...

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQR25MHVAAAeZrq
    Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQR25Z-UYAAocGI
    Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQR25e0UkAASVqo
    Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQR25MAUwAAcz7y

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:18 pm

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQPv7-gU8AAZDMc

A UAE Air Force F-16 Block 60 being refueled by a Royal Saudi Air Force KE3 tanker during Operation "Renewal Of Hope".
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:15 pm

U.S. Politicians Are Asked About Saudi Atrocities... Here's What Happened Next

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Militarov wrote:Another Saudi party in Jizan...

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQR25MHVAAAeZrq
    Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQR25Z-UYAAocGI
    Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQR25e0UkAASVqo
    Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQR25MAUwAAcz7y

Video from which these shots were taken, post capture destruction of Saudi vehicles.

Post  Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:01 am

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 PC1A1DZ

M-ATV & M60 Patton Tank

Post  Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:13 am

Few days ago i was reading one blog post of a sort about Malaysian and Saudi military cooperation, talks and possible UN mandate for Malaysia to join peacekeeping mission in Yemen. Then emerged information that they might join this coalition led by UAE and Saudi Arabia and participate in actual combat i kinda rejected to belive in such thing and went my way. However...

"I know I have been writing about this several times in the past but it’s look like the crunch is on us. I have written previously that Malaysia will only take part in operations in Yemen as part of a UN peace keeping force. However it’s looking likely we will have to make a decision about that sooner rather than later and without any UN mandate. As you are aware, Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein met his Saudi Arabia counterpart Mohamad Salman in Jeddah last night.

A release on the meeting by Hishammuddin office stated that both countries agreed to forge better ties on intelligence on IS. Both ministers also discussed the current situation in the Middle East. Hishammuddin said he told the Saudi Defence Minister, who is also the Deputy Crown Prince he appreciated the accommodation, facilities and needs given to Malaysian Armed Force personnel stationed in Riyadh, the capital of Saudi for a humanitarian mission. Although the release seemed to suggest that the meeting was an ordinary one, circumstances at the moment meant that we can wonder what actually transpired. It is unlikely though Hishammuddin will be able to announce something substantive without reporting to the Cabinet first.

One thing for certain, the timing of the latest meeting – on the verge of the Haj – one of the most important event in the Muslim calendar – suggested it’s more than that. Coupled with the fact that the Saudi led coalition is facing daily casualties in their operations in Yemen again suggested that this meeting could be a defining moment for the Malaysian Armed Forces and the Najib administration. Interestingly, Indonesian president Joko Widodo was in the Middle East region recently. We wonder whether he too faced the vexed question facing Malaysia. Pakistan had already said no, so that is that. To be or not to be, that is the question. We have to wait and see."

Source: http://www.malaysiandefence.com/yemen-are-we-on-the-verge/

Then i see this:

"Vanguards of the Malaysian forces have arrived Sunday at Saudi air bases to join Riyadh's military coalition battling Houthi militias in Yemen, the Saudi Press Agency reported. With the move, the Asian country became the 12th state in the Saudi-led coalition after Senegal announced it would send 2,100 soldiers to Saudi Arabia to join the alliance. The Saudi Ministry of Defense said the coalition operations center is preparing to merge the Malaysian and Senegalese forces. The Saudi-led coalition launched air strikes against Iran-backed Shiite Houthi miitias and their allies on March 26 after they seized control of large parts of the country and advanced on the main southern city of Aden, where President Abedrabbu Mansour Hadi had taken refuge, before fleeing to Riyadh."

Source: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/05/10/Malaysian-vanguards-joining-Arab-led-collation-arrive-in-Saudi-.html

And most importantly i see this:

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 RzfgHpW

Malaysian AW109 being repainted to desert camo.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:17 am

What the hell is Malaysia have to do with Yemen? They need to stay the hell away.

Post  Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:22 am

sepheronx wrote:What the hell is Malaysia have to do with Yemen?  They need to stay the hell away.

Exacly my thoughts, thats why i dismissed it as a BS when i first time read it. I was like "Yea, right". But see this "coalition" aganist Yemeni rebels now has in its ranks soldiers and equipment from Morocco, Senegal and Egypt. I can, somehow on a long stick understand why Egypt is participating, but WTF is with Senegal and Morocco...Malaysia?

Seems Saudi money is doing miracles, i think they are trying to gather as many countries as possible in this coalition so they do not get laughed at alone while they are getting rekt by peasants.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:29 am

Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:What the hell is Malaysia have to do with Yemen?  They need to stay the hell away.

Exacly my thoughts, thats why i dismissed it as a BS when i first time read it. I was like "Yea, right". But see this "coalition" aganist Yemeni rebels now has in its ranks soldiers and equipment from Morocco, Senegal and Egypt. I can, somehow on a long stick understand why Egypt is participating, but WTF is with Senegal and Morocco...Malaysia?

Seems Saudi money is doing miracles, i think they are trying to gather as many countries as possible in this coalition so they do not get laughed at alone while they are getting rekt by peasants.

Senegal as well? Wtf. OK, well, it is their wish. Both Senegal and Malaysia wont do jack other than probably end up getting themselves killed in Yemen. Wonder if people back home will start asking questions? Then again, not like the government of these countries care what their citizens say.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:37 am

Really goes to show how useless UN is:

UN Allows Saudi Arabia to Investigate Their Own War Crimes in Yemen Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151003/1027946730.html#ixzz3nScwQ7zY

Post  Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:40 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Senegal as well? Wtf.  OK, well, it is their wish.  Both Senegal and Malaysia wont do jack other than probably end up getting themselves killed in Yemen.  Wonder if people back home will start asking questions?  Then again, not like the government of these countries care what their citizens say.

Yeah, Senegal is well known for being in good relations with many major powers exacly coz of stuff like this, providing support on various occasions, in exchange they naturally expect support on their account in future. They even participated in Gulf War, there is quite famous incident when Saudi C130 crashed with 92 Senegal soldiers on their way back to home after the war. Senegal actually has above standard trained infantry, they are well known for their discipline so many African armies are sending their troops to be trained there.

"The international coalition is aiming to protect and secure the holy sites of Islam, Medina and Mecca," Senegalese Foreign Minister Mankeur Ndiaye told parliament. "The president...has decided to respond favourably to this request by deploying a contingent of 2,100 men in the holy land of Saudi Arabia," he said."
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:45 am

Too bad their as poor as shit and don't bother to fix their own country and economy, while sucking up to the so called "powers". What good is it for them? Probably just for brownie points just so that they don't get bombed by the US.
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA

Post  HUNTER VZLA Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:17 am

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Militarov wrote:"The international coalition is aiming to protect and secure the holy sites of Islam, Medina and Mecca," Senegalese Foreign Minister Mankeur Ndiaye told parliament. "The president...has decided to respond favourably to this request by deploying a contingent of 2,100 men in the holy land of Saudi Arabia," he said."

It looks like the Senegalese will be deployed in Saudi Arabia proper, to serve as auxiliaries to help defend Saudi bases from Yemeni incursions.
    They probably won't take part in Yemen itself.

Dunno why the hell the Malaysians joined. If I was a national leader - no amount of money would convince me to risk my military's lives in some completely foreign and unnecessary conflict. If there were vital national interests involved and absolutely no other choice - then maybe; but certainly not for Saudi oil money.
    But their military is not half-bad it should be said; I don't think they will have as much misfortune as the Saudis had - were they to be deployed in Yemen.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:52 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Militarov wrote:"The international coalition is aiming to protect and secure the holy sites of Islam, Medina and Mecca," Senegalese Foreign Minister Mankeur Ndiaye told parliament. "The president...has decided to respond favourably to this request by deploying a contingent of 2,100 men in the holy land of Saudi Arabia," he said."

It looks like the Senegalese will be deployed in Saudi Arabia proper, to help defend Saudi bases from Yemeni incursions.

They probably won't take part in Yemen itself.

The irony is that Sub-Saharan Africans are openly discriminated in Saudomy Apeia, just recently the stampedes during Hadj were blamed almost entirely on Sub-Saharan Africans by Saudi Wahabbia officials, even though the problems of overcrowding and stampeding were around for decades.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:00 pm

We'll be waiting for Saudomy Apeia to become Blowbackistan when the oil money dry's up, and when the oil-rich, Shia dominated eastern regions start to rebel:

Others speculate that if the situation continues as it is, the Kingdom might very well face a regime change or even civil unrest, similar to Yemen and Egypt, investigative journalist Nafeez Ahmed said in the Middle East Eye.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151003/1027980374/saudi-arabia-faces-trouble-amid-low-oil-prices.html#ixzz3nXLD1BWl

HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA

Post  HUNTER VZLA Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:40 pm

houthies T80U?

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQfXABuWwAASXyl
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:43 pm

can anyone find a map with the territories held from Huthis and S.Arabian army?
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA

Post  HUNTER VZLA Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:32 pm

UAE Leclerc DCL armoured recovery tank in Aden

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 23 CQe3YfvWsAA035s

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am