Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Yemeni Conflict: News

    Share

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:09 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Just read this myself.  Hopefully Russia provides the right response by sending ships off the coast of it and threaten to deal with the coalitions airforce by force if they do not let the aircraft go.

    It's time for Russia to put the slimy Saudi elite back in to their place.

    I would say so. Send ships and bombers, and ask Iran for a place to fuel up the aircrafts. Saudi Arabia is endangering Russian lives, so their lives should be endangered.

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2126
    Points : 2241
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  higurashihougi on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:57 am

    The White House is fighting Russia to the last Arab person. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:31 am

    sepheronx wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Just read this myself.  Hopefully Russia provides the right response by sending ships off the coast of it and threaten to deal with the coalitions airforce by force if they do not let the aircraft go.

    It's time for Russia to put the slimy Saudi elite back in to their place.

    I would say so.  Send ships and bombers, and ask Iran for a place to fuel up the aircrafts.  Saudi Arabia is endangering Russian lives, so their lives should be endangered.

    I think Russia shouldn't engage physically, but instead start placing strategic jamming systems like 'Murmansk-BN' in Iran, and start frying the avionics of Saudi jets, and watch their turd of a airforce fall splat on to the ground!

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:32 am

    Houthi rebels attack and loot Russian Consulate General in Aden, says news portal

    Hmmm.............

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:41 am

    sepheronx wrote:Houthi rebels attack and loot Russian Consulate General in Aden, says news portal

    Hmmm.............

    More like the Saudi-backed ISIS. BTW this shits getting out of hand, time for Russia to act accordingly.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:27 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Houthi rebels attack and loot Russian Consulate General in Aden, says news portal

    Hmmm.............

    More like the Saudi-backed ISIS. BTW this shits getting out of hand, time for Russia to act accordingly.

    What is worrying is Russia's passive-ness. They allow such things to happen with little to no movement on their end, it really does make Russia look easy to push around. If they don't act, and Russians get killed, this can be real bad on Russias diplomatic end domestically as people will see their government incapable or unwilling to help their own.

    Then again, my family has experience being abandoned by Canadian government countless of times. But I expect my government to be spineless.

    ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 429
    Points : 478
    Join date : 2014-09-26
    Age : 33

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:03 am

    Russia’s Yemen consulate damaged in Saudi-led airstrikes – embassy source

    The Russian Consulate General in the Yemeni sea port of Aden has been damaged during airstrikes launched by the Saudi-led military coalition against the Houthi rebels, said a source in the Russian embassy in Yemen.

    “There is not a single intact window left,” the source told Sputnik. A possibility of consulate closure and the evacuation of Russian nationals is currently under review, the source added.

    Earlier on Wednesday a Russian plane charted for the evacuation of Russian citizens caught in the conflict had been diverted to Cairo, after the coalition denied it landing in the Yemeni capital Sanaa.

    The evacuation has now been delayed until Thursday, when the chartered flight “accompanied by two other aircraft” is expected to arrive in Sanaa, according to a source of Russian daily Kommersan. In addition to Russians, the aircraft will also help to evacuate the citizens of the Commonwealth of Independent States, the source added.

    Read more
    ​Russian evacuation plane denied landing in Yemen, diverts to Cairo
    On Wednesday, Houthi rebels have reportedly take control of the Presidential residence in Aden after violent clashes that killed 15 and injured dozens.

    “Houthis have taken control of the presidential residence, clashes are taking place around the residence between Houthis and armed groups that support President Hadi. Civilians who have answered the call of [Yemeni] Foreign Minister Riyadh Yaseen to protect the city and restore control over the residence are also taking part in the clashes,” a local source told Sputnik.

    According to reports in the Yemeni Hun Aden, the factions clashing in Aden have also looted the Russian consulate building. Citing eyewitnesses, the agency claims the attackers seized documents and office equipment and took them to an unknown destination. When contacted by TASS, the Russian Embassy in Sanaa could not comment on these reports, saying only that over the last few days the diplomatic mission had been “working in emergency mode.”

    Meanwhile Egypt has begun the evacuation of its citizens from Yemen either through border crossings or by sea in a coordinated effort with Oman and Saudi Arabia, the country’s foreign ministry said. India, in the meantime, sent a vessel “into barrage of bombs” in Aden, to evacuate 349 of its nationals to Djibouti and then fly them back home.

    Last week, five Gulf states and Egypt launched a series of airstrikes against the Shia Houthi rebels, who had gained control of the capital and large swathes of territory in the west of the country. In addition Jordan, Sudan, Morocco and Pakistan declared their willingness to participate in the military effort. Neighboring Saudi Arabia, has taken full control of the country’s air and sea ports, purportedly to prevent the inflow of weapons from abroad.

    The Yemeni government, now in exile in Saudi Arabia, has been insisting that the coalition should launch a ground operation against the rebels as soon as possible. “Yes, I’m calling for this because I think at some stage air strikes will be ineffective,” Riyadh Yassin told AFP in the Saudi capital, where he has taken refuge along with President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi.

    http://rt.com/news/246077-russian-consulate-yemen-airstrikes/

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9423
    Points : 9915
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:51 am

    Evacuation of Russian Citizens From Conflict-Torn Yemen Postponed

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150402/1020353659.html#ixzz3W80QyfEp

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:25 am

    sepheronx wrote:What is worrying is Russia's passive-ness.  They allow such things to happen with little to no movement on their end, it really does make Russia look easy to push around.  If they don't act, and Russians get killed, this can be real bad on Russias diplomatic end domestically as people will see their government incapable or unwilling to help their own.

    Well, the Russians are doing exactly as they did during "WWII", and they have, of course, planned it exactly like that; it's, of course, not that they don't know what they are doing.

    If the Russians make a move now, then the current world war will stop instantaneously, and the rest of the world war would not happen. Well, not having the rest of the world war is not according to the plans.

    The situation is just like "WWII". If the Russians had made a move in 1938, 1939, 1940, or 1941, then all the events of 1941-1945 wouldn't have happened, no "WWII" at all!

    In 1938, there were sepheronxes that busted their backs trying to make the Russian "government" to make a move; they made arguments exactly like the ones you are making now. Some of them were arrested; some were executed; some of them were "very high ups". Well, the reason is obvious.

    The mistake people often make is that they think some of these events are not according to the plans, the Russian plans, that is.


    Here's some food for thought: "the Russians diverted their flight to evacuate their citizens", but the Iranians are apparently disregarding the announcements regarding "the closure of the airspace" by the "Saudis" and flying in and out of Yemen at will.


    Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:36 pm; edited 3 times in total

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:26 am

    Heard that the Houthis have completely taken Aden.

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 pm

    RT: Dozens of troops disembark at Yemen's Aden port—Reuters (I know!) citing witnesses.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:19 pm

    @Magnum

    You may be conctempt with 900 lives at risk but I am not. As well, it is clearly mentioned in the article that India, US and others were given permission to evacuate their citizens, so why is Russia being an exception? Russian lives dont matter? If I was in their shoes, I would be demanding my government to get me and my fellow citizens out, even if it means blowing up Saudi aircrafts, or I would lead protests demandung answers back home if I got there. I bet the 900 other people would too.

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:39 pm

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:Heard that the Houthis have completely taken Aden.

    Possibly not, but apparently "close" to.

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:52 pm

    sepheronx wrote:@Magnum

    You may be conctempt with 900 lives at risk but I am not. As well, it is clearly mentioned in the article that India, US and others were given permission to evacuate their citizens, so why is Russia being an exception? Russian lives dont matter? If I was in their shoes, I would be demanding my government to get me and my fellow citizens out, even if it means blowing up Saudi aircrafts, or I would lead protests demandung answers back home if I got there. I bet the 900 other people would too.

    I explained at length why your view is not correct.

    In case you didn't see that, I'll repeat this bit:

    Here's some food for thought: "the Russians diverted away their flight to evacuate their citizens", but the Iranians are disregarding the announcements regarding "the closure of the airspace" by the "Saudis" and flying in and out of Yemen at will.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:56 pm

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:@Magnum

    You may be conctempt with 900 lives at risk but I am not. As well, it is clearly mentioned in the article that India, US and others were given permission to evacuate their citizens, so why is Russia being an exception? Russian lives dont matter? If I was in their shoes, I would be demanding my government to get me and my fellow citizens out, even if it means blowing up Saudi aircrafts, or I would lead protests demandung answers back home if I got there. I bet the 900 other people would too.

    I explained at length why your view is not correct.

    In case you didn't see that, I'll repeat this bit:

    Here's some food for thought: "the Russians diverted away their flight to evacuate their citizens", but the Iranians are disregarding the announcements regarding "the closure of the airspace" by the "Saudis" and flying in and out of Yemen at will.

    I am sorry but what? Ehat does that have to do with anything? Russia is responsible for its citizens and these people need airlifting out. Add to it, they cannot sit idle while their citizens lives are in danger. What does Iran flying in and out have anything to do with it? Nothing. Are you trying to say Iran is going to get them out? Are you saying its in Russias best interest to let these people die? Spit it out rather than giving a false history lesson.

    You explained nothing other than saying Russia and world war. This isnt a world war yet and I doubt Russia wants to start one because millions would die. They instead need to get their people out and to hell with Saudi Arabia. Those aholes can pound sand. Russis needs, and I repeat, needs to evacuate those people. If Saudi Arabia is willing to help let Russians get killed, then Russia needs to pre-emptively strike.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:06 pm

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150402/1020369609.html

    Thank god. Now hopefully they can get the rest out. And let that hellhole sink.

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:08 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    I am sorry but what? Ehat does that have to do with anything? Russia is responsible for its citizens and these people need airlifting out. Add to it, they cannot sit idle while their citizens lives are in danger. What does Iran flying in and out have anything to do with it? Nothing. Are you trying to say Iran is going to get them out? Are you saying its in Russias best interest to let these people die? Spit it out rather than giving a false history lesson.

    You explained nothing other than saying Russia and world war. This isnt a world war yet and I doubt Russia wants to start one because millions would die. They instead need to get their people out and to hell with Saudi Arabia. Those aholes can pound sand. Russis needs, and I repeat, needs to evacuate those people. If Saudi Arabia is willing to help let Russians get killed, then Russia needs to pre-emptively strike.

    So you are saying "Saudis" are terrified of Iran, but "they" dare "tell" Russia ...? Is this logical?

    Actually does Saudi Arabia have an armed force? Still?

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:10 pm

    sepheronx wrote:http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150402/1020369609.html

    Thank god. Now hopefully they can get the rest out. And let that hellhole sink.

    Then why were you saying that the Russians had not been permitted to land in Yemen?

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:48 pm

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150402/1020369609.html

    Thank god. Now hopefully they can get the rest out. And let that hellhole sink.

    Then why were you saying that the Russians had not been permitted to land in Yemen?

    Did you read the articles posted earlier? Russian aircrafts were denied entry yesterday as the planes sat idle in Cairo due to Saudi Arabia denying entrance.


    Last edited by sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:49 pm

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    I am sorry but what? Ehat does that have to do with anything? Russia is responsible for its citizens and these people need airlifting out. Add to it, they cannot sit idle while their citizens lives are in danger. What does Iran flying in and out have anything to do with it? Nothing. Are you trying to say Iran is going to get them out? Are you saying its in Russias best interest to let these people die? Spit it out rather than giving a false history lesson.

    You explained nothing other than saying Russia and world war. This isnt a world war yet and I doubt Russia wants to start one because millions would die. They instead need to get their people out and to hell with Saudi Arabia. Those aholes can pound sand. Russis needs, and I repeat, needs to evacuate those people. If Saudi Arabia is willing to help let Russians get killed, then Russia needs to pre-emptively strike.

    So you are saying "Saudis" are terrified of Iran, but "they" dare "tell" Russia ...? Is this logical?

    Actually does Saudi Arabia have an armed force? Still?

    Actually, yes. Saudi Arabia is more afraid of Iran than Russia. Has been for a very long time.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:34 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    I am sorry but what? Ehat does that have to do with anything? Russia is responsible for its citizens and these people need airlifting out. Add to it, they cannot sit idle while their citizens lives are in danger. What does Iran flying in and out have anything to do with it? Nothing. Are you trying to say Iran is going to get them out? Are you saying its in Russias best interest to let these people die? Spit it out rather than giving a false history lesson.

    You explained nothing other than saying Russia and world war. This isnt a world war yet and I doubt Russia wants to start one because millions would die. They instead need to get their people out and to hell with Saudi Arabia. Those aholes can pound sand. Russis needs, and I repeat, needs to evacuate those people. If Saudi Arabia is willing to help let Russians get killed, then Russia needs to pre-emptively strike.

    So you are saying "Saudis" are terrified of Iran, but "they" dare "tell" Russia ...? Is this logical?

    Actually does Saudi Arabia have an armed force? Still?

    Actually, yes. Saudi Arabia is more afraid of Iran than Russia. Has been for a very long time.

    Then russia should bomb a few Saudi targets to teach them a lesson.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:05 pm

    http://rt.com/news/246189-troops-aden-port-yemen/

    So the troops who landed were Chinese armed guards helping evacuate people but were not fully successful.

    China has much bigger balls than Russia.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:28 pm

    sepheronx wrote:@Magnum

    You may be conctempt with 900 lives at risk but I am not. As well, it is clearly mentioned in the article that India, US and others were given permission to evacuate their citizens, so why is Russia being an exception? Russian lives dont matter? If I was in their shoes, I would be demanding my government to get me and my fellow citizens out, even if it means blowing up Saudi aircrafts, or I would lead protests demandung answers back home if I got there. I bet the 900 other people would too.

    No I didn't mean leaving them behind, I mean if the Saudi's aren't cooperative then Russia should start frying the avionics of their fighter planes with strategic ECM weapon systems and have their fighter planes fall out of the sky to send a message to the Saudis for them to be more cooperative.

    As someone already mentioned Yemen could be Saudi Arabia's Afghanistan, Russia and Iran could team up to fight the Wahhabi monarchy asymmetrically, where Iran trains the Houthi's and Russia engages in ECM warfare at extreme long-range standoff distances with the 'Murmansk-BN' ECM weapon system.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:42 pm

    Ok, fair enough.

    That said, as soon as all Russians and Chinese have left, they should just give their support to Iran.

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:49 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150402/1020369609.html

    Thank god. Now hopefully they can get the rest out. And let that hellhole sink.

    Then why were you saying that the Russians had not been permitted to land in Yemen?

    Did you read the articles posted earlier? Russian aircrafts were denied entry yesterday as the planes sat idle in Cairo due to Saudi Arabia denying entrance.

    You might have "read" the article but, in the light of the flaw in your interpretation that I pointed out, I don't think you have understood the situation?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:51 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:51 am