Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Army Robots

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21095
    Points : 21643
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  GarryB on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:09 am

    Indeed... and as a safety precaution you could have multiple tiny downwards facing optical ports so you can see the ground around you in case the enemy uses a laser weapon to disable your main optics.

    With them angled downwards enemy laser dazzlers wont be able to enter their optical channel so you wont be able to see outwards but downwards so you can run or crawl to cover and command a vehicle or other platform to locate the laser weapon and neutralise it.

    Once neutralised you can get the optics replaced in your helmet (make them modular drop in replacements to make it easy) and carry on the fight...
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1787
    Points : 1782
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  AlfaT8 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:05 am

    GarryB wrote:Indeed... and as a safety precaution you could have multiple tiny downwards facing optical ports so you can see the ground around you in case the enemy uses a laser weapon to disable your main optics.

    With them angled downwards enemy laser dazzlers wont be able to enter their optical channel so you wont be able to see outwards but downwards so you can run or crawl to cover and command a vehicle or other platform to locate the laser weapon and neutralise it.

    Once neutralised you can get the optics replaced in your helmet (make them modular drop in replacements to make it easy) and carry on the fight...

    Sounds good to me.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4919
    Points : 4951
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 77
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:56 pm



    The United Instrument Manufacturing Corporation (in Russian OPK) will develop the robots of the third generation

    The fundamental difference between robots of the third generation will be from the current "intelligence" - the ability to act without human intervention, said in MIC


    MOSCOW, November 30. /TASS/. United instrument Corporation (OPK, subsidiary of Rostech) is working on technologies that will form the basis for robots of the third generation, able to act independently from man. This was reported in the Corporation.
    "Such robots will be able, without operator intervention, and GPS/GLONASS to navigate in space, to choose the route, to recognize objects in video, to explore, to interact with the drones and other robotic systems. The cars will remain virtually invisible to electronic surveillance and other means of detection, as it will have almost a zero exposure level", - expected in the defence industry.
    Director of innovation development Corporation Alexander Kalinin noted that the fundamental difference between robots of the third generation will be from the current "intelligence" - the ability to act without human intervention. "We had made substantial progress in research in machine learning, artificial intelligence and intelligent automated control systems for robotics and technical "vision". Taught robotics "talk" to each other, to help each other and work together to solve problems," said Kalinin, whose words are cited in the Corporation.
    In the defence industry believe that land robots of new generation will be able to navigate in space, even with the loss of signals of navigation, and to recognize objects. Using SLAM technology (Simultaneous Localization And Mapping, a method of simultaneous navigation and map building) robots will be able to create three-dimensional maps of the terrain through which they move.
    Earlier it was reported that this year the defence began work on a tracked robotic platform for military and civilian use of the PSA-G, which in the future will receive an intelligent control system that allow it to act autonomously from the operator. The platform can carry two tons of payload (drums modules, equipment for fighting fires and more) and will be applied in extreme conditions that are hazardous to humans, for example, with emergency response and combat operations, patrols of hazardous areas, in the Arctic expeditions, and so on.
    In addition, in October, OPK has finalized a technology Unicum, allows in automatic mode to control robots (up to ten units at a time).
    avatar
    Project Canada

    Posts : 663
    Points : 666
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Location : Canada

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Project Canada on Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:01 am

    PUTIN SIGNED A DECREE ESTABLISHING THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR ROBOTICS
    max steel
    max steel

    Posts : 2939
    Points : 2964
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  max steel on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:59 pm

    Here we go again Laughing


    The Pentagon is Nervous about Russian and Chinese Killer Robots


    The Pentagon is rushing to keep up with Russian and Chinese efforts to develop highly autonomous robots — in Russia’s case, ones capable of independently carrying out military operations, deputy defense secretary Robert Work told a Center for New American Security national security forum today.

    “We know that China is already investing heavily in robotics and autonomy and the Russian Chief of General Staff [Valery Vasilevich] Gerasimov recently said that the Russian military is preparing to fight on a roboticized battlefield and he said, and I quote, ‘In the near future, it is possible that a complete roboticized unit will be created capable of independently conducting military operations.’”

    What does an adversary robot military look like? Perhaps like some future version of the Armata T-14 from Russian defense contractor Uralvagonzavod. In October, the company’s deputy director general, Vyacheslav Khalitov, told Russian media, “We will be able to show prototypes in 1.5 to 2 years. We are gradually moving away from crewed machines.”

    But who needs a tank without people? Why not just little trucks with guns? In March 2014, the Russian Strategic Missile Forces announced it would deploy armed sentry robots that could select and destroy targets with no human in or on the loop at five missile installations.

    Or tomorrow’s robot enemy army could look like one of these armed ground robots from China’s Harbin Institute of Technology, unveiled at the Beijing 2015 World Robot Conference. The robots can wield anti-tank weapons, grenade launchers, or assault rifles.

    Work spoke broadly of the U.S. military need to “dominate” in machine learning and artificial intelligence. It’s a key feature of the so-called offset strategy, a Pentagon research initiative meant to secure technological advantage over adversaries (‘offsetting’ similar gains by those nations.) But, said Work, that the way the United States goes about designing and especially employing AI is distinct and more human reliant than Russia or China.

    “I will make a hypothesis: that authoritarian regimes who believe people are weaknesses … that they can not be trusted, they will naturally gravitate toward totally automated solutions. Why do I know that? Because that is exactly the way the Soviets conceived of their reconnaissance strike complex. It was going to be completely automated. We believe that the advantage we have as we start this competition is our people,” he said.

    Work’s hypothesis echoes, somewhat, the concerns of Gill Pratt, a former roboticist with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, who expressed concerns about endowing ground robots with the autonomous, lethal capabilities in a conversation with Defense One during the summer.

    Pratt said that humans would be better than machines, for some years to come, at deciding whether to fire a weapon. “The chance of making a military situation much worse by having a machine autonomously make a mistake outweighs the benefit,” he said.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1554
    Points : 1556
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Big_Gazza on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:49 pm

    max steel wrote:Here we go again Laughing


    The Pentagon is Nervous about Russian and Chinese Killer Robots


    The Pentagon is rushing to keep up with Russian and Chinese efforts to develop highly autonomous robots — in Russia’s case, ones capable of independently carrying out military operations, deputy defense secretary Robert Work told a Center for New American Security national security forum today.

    “We know that China is already investing heavily in robotics and autonomy and the Russian Chief of General Staff [Valery Vasilevich] Gerasimov recently said that the Russian military is preparing to fight on a roboticized battlefield and he said, and I quote, ‘In the near future, it is possible that a complete roboticized unit will be created capable of independently conducting military operations.’”

    What does an adversary robot military look like? Perhaps like some future version of the Armata T-14 from Russian defense contractor Uralvagonzavod. In October, the company’s deputy director general, Vyacheslav Khalitov, told Russian media, “We will be able to show prototypes in 1.5 to 2 years. We are gradually moving away from crewed machines.”

    But who needs a tank without people? Why not just little trucks with guns? In March 2014, the Russian Strategic Missile Forces announced it would deploy armed sentry robots that could select and destroy targets with no human in or on the loop at five missile installations.

    Or tomorrow’s robot enemy army could look like one of these armed ground robots from China’s Harbin Institute of Technology, unveiled at the Beijing 2015 World Robot Conference. The robots can wield anti-tank weapons, grenade launchers, or assault rifles.

    Work spoke broadly of the U.S. military need to “dominate” in machine learning and artificial intelligence. It’s a key feature of the so-called offset strategy, a Pentagon research initiative meant to secure technological advantage over adversaries (‘offsetting’ similar gains by those nations.) But, said Work, that the way the United States goes about designing and especially employing AI is distinct and more human reliant than Russia or China.

    “I will make a hypothesis: that authoritarian regimes who believe people are weaknesses … that they can not be trusted, they will naturally gravitate toward totally automated solutions. Why do I know that? Because that is exactly the way the Soviets conceived of their reconnaissance strike complex. It was going to be completely automated. We believe that the advantage we have as we start this competition is our people,” he said.

    Work’s hypothesis echoes, somewhat, the concerns of Gill Pratt, a former roboticist with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, who expressed concerns about endowing ground robots with the autonomous, lethal capabilities in a conversation with Defense One during the summer.

    Pratt said that humans would be better than machines, for some years to come, at deciding whether to fire a weapon. “The chance of making a military situation much worse by having a machine autonomously make a mistake outweighs the benefit,” he said.

    "“I will make a hypothesis: that authoritarian regimes who believe people are weaknesses … that they can not be trusted, they will naturally gravitate toward totally automated solutions. Why do I know that? Because that is exactly the way the Soviets conceived of their reconnaissance strike complex. It was going to be completely automated. We believe that the advantage we have as we start this competition is our people,” he said."

    Whenever I read arrogant shit like this it makes me want to puke... seriously, do these idiots actually believe such BS????

    FWIW, as far as I am concerned, weaponised robots gaurding missile bases need to be on a trigger finger. If a object is detected in the exclusion zone, the robot should prompt for IFF code, and if not received, it should open up and kill the target. If some trespasser (or careless grunt) gets vaped, so be it. People need to understand that trespass on ICBM bases (or not checking ones IFF module actually works) is tantamount to suicide, and Cyberdyne T1000s can't be reasoned with...
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5253
    Points : 5458
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:10 pm

    Aggree.
    max steel
    max steel

    Posts : 2939
    Points : 2964
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  max steel on Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:58 pm

    Russian Military Robot Prototypes to Hit Production by Next Year

    A center for the development and production of military and law enforcement robots has been planned for construction in Moscow. “The research center will comprise of the Techno Park, engineering teams and industrial equipment. The idea is that the teams which are engaged in designing and building robots can go on to this platform and create the first prototype without having means to do that,” the Chairman of the Union of Young Engineers of Russia Evgeny Miroshnichenko said, website M24.ru reported.

    The Engineering Center will begin work in February-March 2016 and it will be created together with the Voluntary Society for Assistance to Army, Air Force and Navy. The engineering department will have a whole building designated for their work.

    Miroshnichenko said that there are already several projects underway that deserve attention — the first pre-production samples of these projects can emerge by Autumn 2016. “We have a team from St. Petersburg; the guys are building deep-water submersibles. Now they are engaged in the development of deep-water robot scout which can search for sunken ships and perform research activities,” the chairman elaborated. Another reported project is planned to develop a comprehensive system to intercept and destroy ultralight drones. Earlier, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree for the establishment of the National Center for Robotics.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1787
    Points : 1782
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  AlfaT8 on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:11 pm

    It seems like Russian Robots have indeed been deployed (1:38), there job is mostly recon though.

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21095
    Points : 21643
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  GarryB on Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:02 am

    What is this BS.

    The US preferred manned systems and the Soviets went automated?

    So I guess it must be the Russians with a global force of automated murder robots called UCAVs?

    Or perhaps not.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13321
    Points : 13808
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  George1 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:18 pm

    Tech Noir: Russian Army to Receive Next Generation Combat Robots in 2016

    The Russian Armed Forces will be augmented by advanced robotic military systems in 2016.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The Russian Armed Forces will receive a number of Russia-made robotic military systems of new generation in 2016, the country's deputy defense minister said Monday.

    "Advanced robotic systems of new generation designed for military application are tested within the framework of development work. A number of them will be delivered to the army in 2016," Col. Gen. Pavel Popov said in an interview with Krasnaya Zvezda (Red Star) newspaper.

    He added that dozens of land- and sea-based robotic systems as well as hundreds of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle systems were used by the Russian Armed Forces, despite the fact that they did not exist several years ago.

    Russia is planning to modernize up to 70 percent of its military hardware by 2020. The total cost of the modernization program is estimated to reach about 20 trillion rubles (some $284 billion at the current exchange rate).

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151228/1032402206/russian-army-robots.html#ixzz3vdIs392P
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Guest on Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:15 pm

    "In 2016 Rosoboronexport (part of the Rostec State Corporation) will begin to promote the Uran-9 combat multipurpose robotic system in the international market.

    The Uran-9 is designed to provide remote reconnaissance and fire support to combined arms, recon and counter-terror units. It consists of two recon and fire support robots, a tractor for their transportation and a mobile control post. The armament of the recon and fire support robots includes the 30mm 2A72 automatic cannon, a coaxial 7.62mm machine gun and Ataka ATGMs. The armament mix may vary depending on customer requirements.

    The robots are fitted with a laser warning system and target detection, identification and tracking equipment. The Uran-9 will be particularly useful during local military and counter-terror operations, including those in cities. Its use will significantly reduce personnel casualties. “Russian developers possess all of the required competencies to create modern military robotics that will be in demand on the international market. This is a fast-growing segment of the arms market, so Rosoboronexport will develop and implement a long-term marketing strategy for promoting such pieces of hardware, including as part of integrated security projects,” said Boris Simakin who heads the Analysis and Long-Term Planning Department at Rosoboronexport."


    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Uran_9_800x600_2-696x522

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Uran_9_800x600

    Source: http://defence-blog.com/army/russia-to-start-promoting-uran-9-combat-robotic-system.html
    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

    Posts : 156
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Age : 26
    Location : Brazil

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:45 am

    here's the video:
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2244
    Points : 2335
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  higurashihougi on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:09 am

    First is Armata, now is this.

    Great works as usual.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5253
    Points : 5458
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:54 pm

    Arctic_Fox wrote:here's the video:

    I wish germany would built something very similiar out of Wiesel which should have roughly same dimensions.

    That Uran-9 looks very stable i am impressed.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

    Posts : 1097
    Points : 1162
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Oldenburg

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:04 pm

    I would rather see unmanned AA and AT systems. Something like remotely controlled Milan on a small chassis that can drive on roads, climb hills etc. Belarussians already have a remotely controlled ATGM but it is immobile.
    x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

    Posts : 204
    Points : 222
    Join date : 2015-09-19

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  x_54_u43 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:06 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:I would rather see unmanned AA and AT systems. Something like remotely controlled Milan on a small chassis that can drive on roads, climb hills etc. Belarussians already have a remotely controlled ATGM but it is immobile.

    Do you not see the ATGMs on the vehicle? Wait nvm, I remember who I am talking to, a complete ****** with a Nazi for a profile picture.

    How many times do I have to add your accounts to my already overbloated ignore list?
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

    Posts : 1097
    Points : 1162
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Oldenburg

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:35 pm

    Rolling Eyes Jesus Christ...
    ]
    Look at the size of this vehicle. I imagined a dedicated ATGM carrier with a low silhouette.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Guest on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:51 pm

    Serbians are experimenting with similar vehicles too, vehicle named "Milica" apparently after princess Milica (wife of Lazar Hrebeljanović) atm exists as test platorm, in future its expected to recieve significant updates in terms of its mobility, atm its made in mind to assist in closing of areas suitable for tank advances, to halt armored units by as much as little manpower by use of these platforms.

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Milica10

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Milica11

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5248

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5248

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5248

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5248

    "The "Milica" is a modern remote controlled short range anti-tank system on unmanned tracks vehicle based on the newest IP and wireless technology. This wireless combat robot is designed by the Military Technical Institute of the Republic of Serbia. The main purpose of his system is protection of expected attack routes of main battle tank and other types of armoured fighting vehicle and system also can be engaged for tactical destructions of different types of field fortificated objects. The system is also very effective as a support for special infantry units during action of intelligence, observation and monitoring on unsecured areas on different types of fields and also in urban condition. The system consists of middle size remote controlled unmanned tracks vehicle, which is made of welded steal plates with a front wheel drive and metal heels. The "Milica", is armed with two short range 90 mm anti-tank launcher. For the observation, the "Milica" used a day/night color IP camera with high sensitivity optical and electronic zoom."



    It was mentioned few times it would get increased mobility capabilities and capability to use Serbian built ATGMs instead of only M91 120mm RPGs and M79 Osa.

    Some pics borrowed from colleagues from: http://www.paluba.info
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

    Posts : 1929
    Points : 2040
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:41 pm

    x_54_u43 wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:I would rather see unmanned AA and AT systems. Something like remotely controlled Milan on a small chassis that can drive on roads, climb hills etc. Belarussians already have a remotely controlled ATGM but it is immobile.

    Do you not see the ATGMs on the vehicle? Wait nvm, I remember who I am talking to, a complete ****** with a Nazi for a profile picture.

    X2
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5253
    Points : 5458
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:33 am

    3km/h sounds not very impressive even for that small size. It could get stuck on slopes or uneven terrain if it has only that kind of speed. Speed is often required to create a momentum to overcome some obstacles. Just see what happens to tanks like that T-90A that is stuck in the mud because driver made a mistake and did not drive with speed through the mud hole but drove in slowly and got stuck.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Guest on Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:49 am

    Werewolf wrote:3km/h sounds not very impressive even for that small size. It could get stuck on slopes or uneven terrain if it has only that kind of speed. Speed is often required to create a momentum to overcome some obstacles. Just see what happens to tanks like that T-90A that is stuck in the mud because driver made a mistake and did not drive with speed through the mud hole but drove in slowly and got stuck.

    Truly it is not, but well that is one of the parameters they are planning to improve on possible future design. Thing is that this is ment to be used on fairly flat terrain where tanks can move freely too, but yeah improvements would be more than welcome. Idea is to place thesee on terrains where you expect advancing enemy armor and attack them in ambush.

    Also they were planning on increasing its performance aganist various obstacles, and increase it waterworthiness, even current model is amphibious its worth mentioning. Also they were planning on intergrating ATGMs for start i suppose Serbian built Bumbar, possibly some Russian counterpart too in future. Naturally all this in case anyone actually cared to invest in this project, Serbian Military Institute itself does not have huge budgets like some countries do for their research and develop institutes *cough DARPA cough*.

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Milica12

    As some people from VTI claimed they are working on wheeled version and improved tracked (drawing above borrowed from http://www.mycity-military.com). We shall see what future brings.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21095
    Points : 21643
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  GarryB on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:06 am

    Yeah... ATGM carrying platforms don't need to be low profile vehicles smaller than knee high... if it carried RPG-7s and had to get within 500m to be effective then that would be an advantage but with ATAKA it can kill tanks 6km away so why waste time trying to make it a low profile vehicle?

    Most Russia robots like this I have seen have Igla and ATAKA type weapons fitted plus an MG or light cannon... that pretty much sounds like ideal armament to me... for a wide variety of roles.
    max steel
    max steel

    Posts : 2939
    Points : 2964
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  max steel on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:17 am

    Militarov wrote:[i]"In 2016 Rosoboronexport (part of the Rostec State Corporation) will begin to promote the Uran-9 combat multipurpose robotic system in the international market.

    The Uran-9 is designed to provide remote reconnaissance and fire support to combined arms, recon and counter-terror units. It consists of two recon and fire support robots, a tractor for their transportation and a mobile control post.
    Source: http://defence-blog.com/army/russia-to-start-promoting-uran-9-combat-robotic-system.html

    Nice loadout, 4 ATGMs, 4 SAMs, 30 mm dual feed autocannon, 7.62 mm MG. It never stops to amaze me the firepower overload Russians like to design into everything , i would content with just 30mm and 7.62 MG.And if i understand it right system consists of two vehicles operated from one command truck and a flat bed hauler for the 'bots' ?

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Get_210

    In the summer it had a different turret and we can assume hydro-pneumatic suspension

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Get_310


    There is also an unmanned BMP3 but i dont quite see the added utilty over Uran-9.

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Get10

    That turret is quite over the top , i would skip all but the 30mm and 7.62 as it would save a lot of complexity and cost. But would add some armor for urban fight.

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Get_110




    I'm waiting for Russia to roll out Anti-carrier type Uran-9 as they will be first.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5253
    Points : 5458
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:21 pm

    I really hope Uran-9 gets into service soon or better limited tests in Syria.

    Sponsored content

    Russian Army Robots - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:56 am